Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:20:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 09:44:04 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 10:07:34 AM by EverGreenCoin

I couldent find it either.  Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718939.msg13536368#msg13536368

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 12:41:26 PM

Community,

For those of you that use the Blockfolio app on your phone, EverGeenCoin has now been added! You can view how well your coins are doing on the market and how much value in USD that you currently own.

http://blockfolio.com/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blockfolio.blockfolio

Available for Android devices now. Soon to be available for iOS.

Glad to see that the EGC logo finally found its place within the app. It had been only a question mark. There is nothing questionable about EGC.  Smiley

clayford08

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:33:09 PM

Community,

For those of you that use the Blockfolio app on your phone, EverGeenCoin has now been added! You can view how well your coins are doing on the market and how much value in USD that you currently own.

Glad to see that the EGC logo finally found its place within the app. It had been only a question mark. There is nothing questionable about EGC.  Smiley

It's still showing as a question mark on my phone... ugh.

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 04:37:20 PM

Community,

(image removed for readability)

It's still showing as a question mark on my phone... ugh.

Make sure you kill the app and relaunch. It resyncs the coin list upon launch.

BTW, anyone else noticing the net hash? It was just at 5 gh/s!

bitwonder

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:19:22 PM

is it possible for you to develope the electrum wallet, smart phone wallet ? if so it could increated the value and usefull in the long term, more would come and invest.
clayford08

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:11:48 PM

is it possible for you to develope the electrum wallet, smart phone wallet ? if so it could increated the value and usefull in the long term, more would come and invest.

That deal is actually in the works. We, however, do not currently have a timeline for when it will be completed. We will keep you updated!

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 06:38:15 AM

I am honored to inform the community that a partnership has been officially formed between RenewableEnergy.London, it's solar engineers and EverGreenCoin. We do have many projects slated in this partnership. The first to be announced is a solar powered EverGreenCoin staking wallet. It is now in the early prototype testing phase with design changes very much the possibility. We plan to sell this only at the cost it takes us to produce and deliver. We envision a final product that will completely be self sustained and only require it to be in range of a wifi connection as we aim to make a product that will be easy enough for use by nontechnical community members. We do plan on delivering the device containing an undetermined amount of EverGreenCoin. This way, it will be ready to earn staking rewards, just add sunshine.

oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:50:20 AM

I am honored to inform the community that a partnership has been officially formed between RenewableEnergy.London, it's solar engineers and EverGreenCoin. We do have many projects slated in this partnership. The first to be announced is a solar powered EverGreenCoin staking wallet. It is now in the early prototype testing phase with design changes very much the possibility. We plan to sell this only at the cost it takes us to produce and deliver. We envision a final product that will completely be self sustained and only require it to be in range of a wifi connection as we aim to make a product that will be easy enough for use by nontechnical community members. We do plan on delivering the device containing an undetermined amount of EverGreenCoin. This way, it will be ready to earn staking rewards, just add sunshine.

Innovative!

Is it possible to load/add a second wallet for staking together with the Evergreen wallet?
What will the price be for this gadget, in round numers?

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 07:10:08 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 08:05:26 AM by EverGreenCoin

Innovative!

Is it possible to load/add a second wallet for staking together with the Evergreen wallet?
What will the price be for this gadget, in round numers?

Thank you. Yes it would be possible for a technical person to add another wallet. Additional CPU usage by another staking wallet will impact power consumption and battery supply during night hours. Also, storage space on the device will have a limit so, large blockchains might need additional storage added. But a technical person could do to their device as they so choose.

In round numbers on the price, we do aim to make the device obtainable in the $100 price range.

Thank you for your interest.

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:55:26 AM

Hi all, I am Gabi, the owner of RenewableEnergy.London project and I am honored to be a part of this green movement.

I have been involved in several projects and I personally want to be transparent with everything, as this is the only way  the community can trust a project like this.

I am also pleased to see how the project evolves: from free nodes from granite to our solar powered EverGreenCoin staking wallet.

Stay tuned, there is more to come:)

Gabi

Am I spamming? Report me!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 09:34:01 AM

Hi all, I am Gabi, the owner of RenewableEnergy.London project and I am honored to be a part of this green movement.

I have been involved in several projects and I personally want to be transparent with everything, as this is the only way  the community can trust a project like this.

I am also pleased to see how the project evolves: from free nodes from granite to our solar powered EverGreenCoin staking wallet.

Stay tuned, there is more to come:)

Gabi

great to see guys ...

would luv to be involved somewhere along the line with the project ...

let me know if any of my services / skills can help ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:49:22 AM

while the idea of the solar staker looks good to me, I think that a single solar array powering multiple devices (including PCs) is much more convenient and efficient.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 09:50:47 AM

while the idea of the solar staker looks good to me, I think that a single solar array powering multiple devices (including PCs) is much more convenient and efficient.

unless you are out and about and carrying it with you using most cities free wifi - of course Wink ...

but good point ...

battery life would only last a short period of time anyway ...

#crysx

maxamus

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:13:15 AM

one PC consumes at least 400 W, so you need something like 2x 250w  mono-crystalline solar panel,  add the solar charger, the converter, and you easily pay at lest $500 Smiley

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 10:23:02 AM

one PC consumes at least 400 W, so you need something like 2x 250w  mono-crystalline solar panel,  add the solar charger, the converter, and you easily pay at lest $500 Smiley

And what happens when it's night ? Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:26:03 AM

one PC consumes at least 400 W, so you need something like 2x 250w  mono-crystalline solar panel,  add the solar charger, the converter, and you easily pay at lest $500 Smiley

you didn't get the point.
in order to power that single staker you need a solar panel, a charger, a battery, a power adapter...
if you want two stakers it's all doubled.
much better to make a single solar panel array and power everything you can with it.
it's more efficient.

maxamus

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:22:08 PM

one PC consumes at least 400 W, so you need something like 2x 250w  mono-crystalline solar panel,  add the solar charger, the converter, and you easily pay at lest $500 Smiley

in order to power that single staker you need a solar panel, a charger, a battery, a power adapter...
much better to make a single solar panel array and power everything you can with it.
it's more efficient.

Yeah, I get it in the first place, and you are right, having one bigger solar panel is more convenient and efficient.
But we are thinking to a much smaller mobile staker ( not a pc)- This way, we can have the price  for the whole device  somewhere at ~ $100.  If you have a pc, you can run the whole thing on the grid.
 So having a a bigger solar panel involves more batteries to store all the power, and a converter.( So it can hold multiple mobile stalkers)

However I agree with you, and would make sense  in having a larger solar panel and share it with your neighbor or having all build up as modules and buy 2 or 3 devices and build up a EGC Powerpack  for example( more power, more mobile stakers).
We are are basically selling the energy to our neighbor,  clean energy,  that we actually produce, and in doing so we are recognizing the local environmental benefits and giving a price signal to the market for the real value of renewables at the community level.

In this model we can transact and price energy with Microgrid neighbors directly.We believe that it becomes somehow possible to imagine an entirely new business model emerging for utilities where  you can earn  from transaction fees to support this market and infrastructure.

Not to mention that beyond finance, the EGC blockchain can provide a full audit trail of a piece of data's origin in both time and place: generated amount of power,  traded power, etc.  In this way, a blockchain can act as a provenance protocol for data across disparate semi-trusting organizations.
More to come, stay tuned.

Gabi

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:31:43 PM

it's more efficient.

Yeah, I get it in the first place, and you are right, having one bigger solar panel is more convenient and efficient.
But we are thinking to a much smaller mobile staker ( not a pc)- This way, we can have the price  for the whole device  somewhere at ~ $100.  If you have a pc, you can run the whole thing on the grid.
 So having a a bigger solar panel involves more batteries to store all the power, and a converter.( So it can hold multiple mobile stalkers)

However I agree with you, and would make sense  in having a larger solar panel and share it with your neighbor or having all build up as modules and buy 2 or 3 devices and build up a EGC Powerpack  for example( more power, more mobile stakers).
We are are basically selling the energy to our neighbor,  clean energy,  that we actually produce, and in doing so we are recognizing the local environmental benefits and giving a price signal to the market for the real value of renewables at the community level.

In this model we can transact and price energy with Microgrid neighbors directly.We believe that it becomes somehow possible to imagine an entirely new business model emerging for utilities where  you can earn  from transaction fees to support this market and infrastructure.

Not to mention that beyond finance, the EGC blockchain can provide a full audit trail of a piece of data's origin in both time and place: generated amount of power,  traded power, etc.  In this way, a blockchain can act as a provenance protocol for data across disparate semi-trusting organizations.
More to come, stay tuned.

Gabi

that's why I said "the idea of the solar staker looks good to me": having many self-powered micro-stations around the globe is fascinating.
but then again all the renewable energy discussions are about efficiency, so we must take that into consideration.
still I'm looking forward to see what you'll come up with and would surely consider buying a micro-pc which is fully powered by solar energy, was it only for the coolness factor Wink
let's make it for outside use of course!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 02:23:48 PM

And what happens when it's night ? Smiley

The device then runs on the battery it had been charging during the day. Our prototypes consist of three solar panels that not only run the device during day light hours but also charge a battery for night.

Cobra

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:30:23 PM

There is no need for a full PC for a dedicated staking machine. There are other projects already doing this with a Pi running linux and a web gui for the user. You could add a small battery to a setup like this and the cost for all hardware would still remain very low.
http://www.voltaicsystems.com/blog/powering-a-raspberry-pi-from-solar-power/ The example here uses a 9 watt solar panel.

This seems like more of a fun hobby to do something like this over a product non -geeks may want to use. When the device only uses 5 volts of power in first place most people will not complain about that or look for alternative power solutions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: