Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:55:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 06:39:40 AM

The delisting warning at C-Cex has already been removed.

Thanks everyone!

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:11:14 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2017, 07:21:17 AM by Chicago

Hello Everyone,

Earlier this weekend, I thought it would be good to know how many full Evergreencoin nodes exist in the main swarm.

Preparing for the experiment was relatively simple and I will describe the process for anyone interested in a similar analysis.

To begin, there is a line in src/net.cpp which ordinarily limits the coin daemon's ability to make outbound connections beyond a specified limit.
    The hard-coded limit has been 16 since Launch.

The MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS limit implies you may have many inbound connections but once you have reached your limit of outbound connections, then there will be no further outbound connections established.  Since the distinguishing feature of a full-node is listening for incoming connections and since the network thrives when nodes are in the best swarm, running the right protocol / client version and are listening for inbound connections - an occasional census would seem reasonable.

To begin, I increased the value of MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS and recompiled evergreencoind.
    Then, since I also happened to need to recover from a DoS ban and was on the wrong chain, I removed everything but my wallet.dat from the working directory.

The DoS 24-hour ban was invoked by the Misbehaving() function in the code and may be due to two nodes creating a proof-of-stake block at the exact same time, where each of them evaluates the other's block as having too little proof-of-stake.  This then causes those two nodes to mutually ban one another for 24 hours, while each of those nodes then continue staking on their own chain.

It would certainly be impossible to connect to and count all of the full nodes on the network if they are enforcing a ban on the IP address used by the coin daemon.

Therefore, prior to starting the experiment, a new IP address was obtained.

With the new IP address bound to the interface, a couple of changes to the evergreencoin.conf were in order.

listen=0
        staking=0

Asking the coin daemon to not accept incoming connections and to not stake will be helpful until we are fully synced and confirmed to be in the correct swarm.

After evergreencoind has been started, quite a bit of time will pass until you are fully synchronized, but the ' evergreencoind getinfo ' output will reveal your connections the whole time.
    If the value of connections does not exceed 16, then perhaps your modification to src/net.cpp and subsequent compilation of evergreencoind was completed but you are still running the old binary and not the newly compiled executable.

I simply used the blockhash at the current height of the chain and compared it with the Evergreencoin block explorer to satisfy my due diligence of being certain I have sync'd with the "right" swarm.

During the timeline of this test, from 01/21/17 12:26:14 CST - 01/23/17 00:51:31 CST I did not observe more than 26 full nodes on MainNet.  At present there are 21.

42.86%    v1.4.2  
        14.29%    v1.4.1
        42.86%    v1.3.0

This accounts for 9 nodes running v1.4.2 and v1.3.0 and 3 nodes running v1.4.1.

The results were somewhat surprising as I had anticipated finding all of the DNS Seed nodes appearing here, in the swarm which concurs with the Evergreencoin block explorer as well as fewer v1.3.0 nodes.

With the test having concluded, I have restored my evergreencoin.conf with listen=1 and staking=1 and started the coin daemon.

We will repeat this census again later when all of the expected full nodes are listening on MainNet.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 10:13:23 AM

Thanks for conducting the above experiment, Chicago.

I do know only 18 of the 25 CWI seednodes were up and running during your tests. 1 was down for maintenance and 6 are yet to come online and the DNS just resolves redundantly to another that is presently online.

But that still leaves a big discrepancy. I will get with Crysx and see if we can find the culprit of it.

Thanks again for your time and bringing this to attention.

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 12:02:50 PM

Its great to see how you continuously work to improve the EGC network.

This is one of the things i value most with any coins .. ACTIVE DEVS!
Without it.. its just a token waiting to be broken spiraling down in value.

Also love how quick this net is.
I cant even alt-tab quick enough from withdrawing coins on yobit before they are in the wallet.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 09:12:56 AM

For those that do not follow EverGreenCoin on twitter, in the Slack/IRC, or in Telegram, Bow has been exercising his creativity with these artistic EverGreenCoin Trees. We are experimenting with fiber optics in them also, the light source possibly coming from a CHIP staking EverGreenCoin. The first pictured here he made from an old non-functional keyboard. One less for the landfills! They will be available in the marketplace in the near future.

Give Bow a follow on twitter to see his latest creations. He has many others pictured there already.

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:28:58 AM

I'm loving Bow's work - cool stuff.

Also looks like the price is heading in an upwards direction again, last 6 days have been a little bullish - lets see if it goes to anywhere =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 05:15:30 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 05:27:43 PM by EverGreenCoin

A friendly reminder that the next EverGreenCoin community meeting will be Saturday, January 28th, at 17:00 GMT. About 48 hours from the time of this writing.

I will post a link prior to the meeting starting. All are welcome and I hope to see you there!

EDIT: sorry, wrong day originally posted. The above is correct.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:54:23 PM

A friendly reminder that the next EverGreenCoin community meeting will be Saturday, January 28th, at 17:00 GMT. About 48 hours from the time of this writing.

I will post a link prior to the meeting starting. All are welcome and I hope to see you there!

EDIT: sorry, wrong day originally posted. The above is correct.

Hopefully I'll (finally) manage to make this community meeting, not totally sure what we are doing at that time yet =)
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:47:32 PM

If I have my calculations correct, it takes ~5214 EGC to stake 1 EGC per day, that's my current goal for staking. Maybe it will inspire some other people to also start staking - the more that do, the more secure the coin will be =)
jsff77

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

Software Developer

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 04:42:30 PM

If I have my calculations correct, it takes ~5214 EGC to stake 1 EGC per day, that's my current goal for staking. Maybe it will inspire some other people to also start staking - the more that do, the more secure the coin will be =)

Hi!

My amount of approximately 13200 EGC generates, on average, 3 EGC per day. Is very good!

It is worth remembering that the first transaction in my wallet dates from 01/21/2016.

New investments will be coming soon.

jsff77
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 07:49:00 PM

Hi!

My amount of approximately 13200 EGC generates, on average, 3 EGC per day. Is very good!

It is worth remembering that the first transaction in my wallet dates from 01/21/2016.

New investments will be coming soon.

jsff77

Great - that fits closely to my calculations - I'm planning to eventually stake 5 per day which will generate me the same as my mining for XMG =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 04:50:32 PM

Link for the community hangout:

https://hangouts.google.com/call/m3dvy4hbljhptodvsyalifdpzue

See you there!

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 08:57:54 AM

hi all ...

ive finally got my old profile back ...

tanx to cyrus ( bct mod ) and a few others ( yes - including steven ) - i now have full access to my old profile ... so will be using this one as much as possible from now on ...

the 'crysx' profile will still be in use - but will be only when necessary - not as my standard ...

a lot to sort out now ...

update ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563601.msg17653092#msg17653092 ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 06:46:34 PM

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:09:04 PM

A well timed banner =)

How did the community meetup go? - sorry I missed it again - we were out hiking (in the cold) and it took a little longer than expected. Also, do you need a webcam and microphone for google hangouts? If so, I may have struggled.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 07:27:40 PM

A well timed banner =)

How did the community meetup go? - sorry I missed it again - we were out hiking (in the cold) and it took a little longer than expected. Also, do you need a webcam and microphone for google hangouts? If so, I may have struggled.

Hi starmman,

The meeting was good. I have been meaning to type up a brief summary of it and post it. I will do so today.

No need for apologies, a webcam, or a mic! I know everyone has busy schedules. If it would help anyone to attend by me moving it forward some, I can an hour or two. At the present starting time (17:00 GMT) it makes it 9 A.M. for the west coast states here and 10:30 P.M. for the community members in India. I do my best to balance it for everyone that lets me know they wish to attend.

There is group text chat in google hangouts, so no, webcam or mic is not needed. In fact most the participants only use the group chat.

Again, I will get the brief summary from the meeting posted today.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:52:30 PM

A well timed banner =)

Hi starmman,

The meeting was good. I have been meaning to type up a brief summary of it and post it. I will do so today.

No need for apologies, a webcam, or a mic! I know everyone has busy schedules. If it would help anyone to attend by me moving it forward some, I can an hour or two. At the present starting time (17:00 GMT) it makes it 9 A.M. for the west coast states here and 10:30 P.M. for the community members in India. I do my best to balance it for everyone that lets me know they wish to attend.

There is group text chat in google hangouts, so no, webcam or mic is not needed. In fact most the participants only use the group chat.

5pm, is actually normally a good time IMO - trouble is that my weekends are usually a bit fully loaded - we seem to make almost every second count =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 05:47:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I know I promised a summary of the community meeting today. Sorry, I am having to report it so late in the day, but my day had a few unanticipated 'lessons'.

To recap this past weekend's community meeting, once a handful of participants had joined, I opened the meeting with the items I knew everyone would be curious about. I tried to summarise the status of these items completely and answer obvious questions before they needed to be asked.

First, the Android wallet. As I have mentioned here in the thread, the Android dev had been progressing nicely. Unfortunately, we have encountered a small speed bump in that development. The speed bump comes from the ABE block explorer, that if you remember was made for the purpose of the Android wallet, reporting orphan blocks to the Android wallet. The orphan block having no proceeding block would break the Android app as it expects to find a next block. Of course, the resolution to this is to not have the ABE report orphans. EverGreenCoin's good friend Brooks and I have already almost completed the task of having the ABE verify it is not reporting an orphan before it actually reports the block. We fully expect to have this completed before mid-week so that the Android dev can continue. I told meeting participants I do have confidence the Android wallet will be complete in February and I can provide the community with some screenshots very soon to demonstrate the progress.

Second, Poloniex. I have been asked over social media more than a few times recently if I know people that work for Polo. Somehow an assumption had been formed that I could pull strings at Polo. I do not know any of Polo's staff and can not pull any strings at Polo to get EverGreenCoin listed faster. I have received no communications from Polo and I only have the information that can be read by anyone on their website. All that I do know is that we can continue to tweet at them and continue to fill out coin request forms. We can also ask others to fill out coin request forms.

Third, solar staker. I have shipped 4 of the CHIPs to community members willing to contribute to development and testing. I have a 5ht that I intended to ship, but appears to be faulty from the manufacturer. I have a 6th that is my own testing unit and is the one I have reported on in this thread on more than one occasion. We had been dealing with CHIPs dropping wifi signal and writing errors to the NAND memory used for storage. Both of these issues do seem have been resolved by revisions to the firmware but, of course time was spent in troubleshooting and communicating with the manufacturer. We do now have EverGreenCoin daemons running reliably on the CHIP hardware and staking EverGreenCoin. Last week I did receive my first shipment of solar panels and eagerly anticipate the ordered batteries. I do fully intend to have the Foundation's coins staking via solar power and faucet paymnets sent via solar power and a beta solar staker in the near future.

Forth, EverGreenCoin's very good friend in IRC that goes by "Chicago" has spent time customising a tool to make linear bootstraps compatible with X15 and therefore EverGreenCoin. He has been successful in building a linear bootstrap up to the latest checkpoint. We have tested the linear bootstrap and, by ways of ignoring orphan blocks and not storing them, has reduced the blockchain size by 6%. We intend to populate the seednodes with this 'cleaner' and smaller copy of the blockchain thus shaving time off the time needed to synchronise.

Additional discussions during the meeting included Vindyne8. Some members of the community expressed dissatisfaction with results of the Vindyne8 promotion. I mentioned, as I have in this thread, a direct result of the Vindyne8 promotion was the opening of communications between a few like-minded organisations and warned that with still a week to go of the promotion, we should not be to quick to judge. I am of the impression some participants expected more immediate influence on price. After the promotion is over this weekend, we can take a closer look at the metrics we observed prior to the promotion starting and make better judgement on its success rate. I have been going through EverGreenCoin's history and tweeting some old, yet still relevant and positive, information to maximise our investment.  I ask the community to please let me know if they have any ideas for tweets I should be tweeting. You can let me know or simply tweet the tweet yourself and include @EverGreenCoin_ or the #EverGreenCoin hashtag as I do search for the hashtag and keyword daily and certainly would retweet the tweet. Vindyne8 would then retweet it having seen EverGreenCoin tweet it.

Also, more promotional efforts were discussed. This is why we are preparing banner ads like the one pictured in posts just prior to this one. We may be crowdfunding for advertising on coin market cap and Google AdWords. Expect more details of those promotions early this week.

Ok, I think I touched on most all the discussions during the meeting. I apologise for having to summarise the meeting and not posting a link to a recording. I hope I can find the time to master the recording software and streaming software in the near future and get in functional with my low bandwidth. I thank all those that attended and the next EverGreenCoin Community Hangout and Meeting will be on February 25th at 17:00 GMT (Noon EST). As always, see you there!

brigabriela470

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:26:43 PM

A well timed banner =)

Hi starmman,

5pm, is actually normally a good time IMO - trouble is that my weekends are usually a bit fully loaded - we seem to make almost every second count =)

hy dear you are right but  due too priority of work we can manage if we want it is just a matter of interest of us.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:09:46 PM

A well timed banner =)

Hi starmman,

hy dear you are right but  due too priority of work we can manage if we want it is just a matter of interest of us.

You are right brigabriela470 - keeping my wife happy usually hits priority at the weekend, makes my wife a lot easier in the long run
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: