Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:29:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:21:37 PM

EverGreenCoin Community. If there will be any members of the community near Montana next month...we have a couple of tickets left for the Montana State Hemp and Cannabis Festival. Please send a message to my email or https://m.facebook.com/evergreencoin420/  if you would like to attend.  We are working on attending 2 more festivals next month...I will post them once they are locked in.

"Seems to me if great men don't leave off writing politics, breaking heads, boxing ears, ringing noses and kicking breeches, we shall by and by want a world of Hemp more for our own consumption.”
~John Adams

Sorry I have yet to introduce Bow everyone. He is the manager of EverGreenCoinCannabis (EGCC) I previously mentioned. He can be reached at Bow@EverGreenCoin.org and is a wealth of information for cannabis. I look forward to working closely with him on all the amazing endeavors in his industry of expertise.
So EGCC is not the trading abbreviation for another coin, but the name of a specialized branch of EGC. Am I right?
I hope that EGC can play a role in the cannabis world, especially after so many unsuccessful weed-related coins that have been launched lately.
Does it have something to do with The Epic 420 Alliance btw?  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 06:27:41 PM

wonderful coin and cause! was an early on on POW (accumulated decent amount, selling nothing), engaged POS just now, staking works perfect

thanks for the opportunity (GMO is awful indeed..)

I would not go by intra day or even month price swings , the whole enterprise of cypto was never exclusively about making quick buck , it has to have applications and this does, sooo please continue, from my end I am your price support (I do this with many coins and often by the virtue of patience I come on the top)

a! and yes POS is good for the environment.. is one of the many reasons why it was invented in the first place

Thank you kindly for your comments and thank you for mining, staking, and holding EverGreenCoin. I assure you, your practice of patience will not fail you but, it sounds like you already know that.

On the PoS topic, I personally know several people in the electric distribution industry. Some that are executives. They have firmly warned me of electricity costs quadrupling in coming years. One can only imagine the shaking of PoW this will cause. But we already know the negative environmental impacts it does and will continue to have until we have clean energy. A fight that the powers that be and, at least mine for sure, current governments can not and will not get on the correct side of strongly and fast enough.

Sorry, I just realized I am preaching to the choir. Wink

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 06:38:59 PM

EverGreenCoin Community. If there will be any members of the community near Montana next month...we have a couple of tickets left for the Montana State Hemp and Cannabis Festival. Please send a message to my email or https://m.facebook.com/evergreencoin420/  if you would like to attend.  We are working on attending 2 more festivals next month...I will post them once they are locked in.

"Seems to me if great men don't leave off writing politics, breaking heads, boxing ears, ringing noses and kicking breeches, we shall by and by want a world of Hemp more for our own consumption.”
~John Adams

Sorry I have yet to introduce Bow everyone. He is the manager of EverGreenCoinCannabis (EGCC) I previously mentioned. He can be reached at Bow@EverGreenCoin.org and is a wealth of information for cannabis. I look forward to working closely with him on all the amazing endeavors in his industry of expertise.
So EGCC is not the trading abbreviation for another coin, but the name of a specialized branch of EGC. Am I right?
I hope that EGC can play a role in the cannabis world, especially after so many unsuccessful weed-related coins that have been launched lately.

Yes, EGCC is just an abbreviation for EverGreenCoinCannabis. The newly forming branch, yes correct.

Bow and I do have unique ideas, not pursued by any of the weed  only focused coins. Their failures have lead me and EGCC to a different strategy in ways. Detailing those unique ways now is not wise, but will forthcoming at the appropriate time. You will appriciate the beauty Gizfreak. Wink

EDIT: thanks for pointing out that thread, interesting. I was unaware, which answers your question I believe. Wink

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 06:39:30 PM

~John Adams

Im more concerned of any involvelment of any drugs.  Even tho its legalized in some states in US, most of the world sees this differently.
That also goes for investors.  Moving money for the cannabis industry might just as well be seen as money laundering.... and so on.

Not the kind of green i was hoping for.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 06:53:57 PM

~John Adams

Im more concerned of any involvelment of any drugs.  Even tho its legalized in some states in US, most of the world sees this differently.
That also goes for investors.  Moving money for the cannabis industry might just as well be seen as money laundering.... and so on.

EGCC is a community and investor spurred initiative that has already proved rewarding to EGC. As I have with all community initiatives, I will support it.

Again, EGC has not and is not shifting focus. That is why we are referring to it as a 'branch' currently. It does already apear EGCC is forming roots of its own. Strong ones, at that.

frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 07:09:34 PM

~John Adams

EGCC is a community and investor spurred initiative that has already proved rewarding to EGC. As I have with all community initiatives, I will support it.

Again, EGC has not and is not shifting focus. That is why we are referring to it as a 'branch' currently. It does already apear EGCC is forming roots of its own. Strong ones, at that.

Good to hear.
Would hate to see this thread turn from what it is into a smokers thread.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 07:25:34 PM

Hi im new to the evergreen coin, but i was wondering when my Staking will start.
i have a couple of questions:

How many coins do i need to start staking?
When will my coins be mature?

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to EverGreenCoin!

Staking will start about 24 hours after full confirmation. There is no minimum for staking. Coins fully mature after 60 confimations.

I hope I have answered your questions completely.

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:29:09 PM

Would hate to see this thread turn from what it is into a smokers thread.
As it is a side project, I don't see any reason to change the main target as it is and will be, namely a greener and better environment.
One doesn't exclude the other imo.
EGCCannabis

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:41:03 PM

For those of you that still view Cannabis as a 'drug'; I apologize for the way you were programmed. I was a law enforcement officer for 8 years and I felt the same way you did. I understand both arguments of Cannabis and most drugs. Take a look at alcohol and tobacco and see how many people they kill a year. I am a US army veteran diagnosed with PTSD. The pharmaceuticals they had me on almost killed me. Cannabis literally saved my life. Cannabis also saved my father from melanoma. I challenge all of you naysayers to visit our EGCC page on Facebook and educate yourself. There is a growing wealth of knowledge and I 'will' keep it coming. Cannabis is just one aspect of this coin. If EverGreenCoin becomes the main form of currency in the Cannabis industry...our market possibilities will be endless. EverGreenCoin is the way all things green will be purchased in the future. Farming, solar, deforestation, etc. Keep your eyes on the doughtnut and not the hole guys.

I am aware of the rumor that Bitcoin is to be used for drugs. I am also aware that more drugs are traded in the US dollar on the daily...than any other currency combined. Your argument is null. I moved to cryptocurrency for the freedom and to enrich my life...like most of us.

Cannabis is becoming a commodity again. You can certainly see this in quite a few of the US states now. As more people accept it, more states will join in. This is a visible domino effect towards ending prohibition.  I think we all respect the peoples' view who don't align with this aspect of the coin. However, I do feel that they will be missing out and they need education.

We just finished the application process for a booth at HempStalk 2016. HempStalk 2016 in Portland, Oregon September 24-25. More to come.

https://m.facebook.com/evergreencoin420/

Thanks for your time everyone.

"'I  am very glad to hear that the Gardener has saved so much of the St. foin seed, and that of the India Hemp. Make the most you can of both, by sowing them again in drills. . . Let the ground be well prepared, and the Seed (St. loin) be sown in April. The Hemp may be sown any where."
~George Washington, in a letter to William Pearce, 24 February 1794

EverGreenCoin®
Cryptocurrency meets environment
frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 07:48:31 PM

For those of you that still view Cannabis as a 'drug'; I apologize for the way you were programmed. I was a law enforcement officer for 8 years and I felt the same way you did. I understand both arguments of Cannabis and most drugs. Take a look at alcohol and tobacco and see how many people they kill a year. I am a US army veteran diagnosed with PTSD. The pharmaceuticals they had me on almost killed me. Cannabis literally saved my life. Cannabis also saved my father from melanoma. I challenge all of you naysayers to visit our EGCC page on Facebook and educate yourself. There is a growing wealth of knowledge and I 'will' keep it coming. Cannabis is just one aspect of this coin. If EverGreenCoin becomes the main form of currency in the Cannabis industry...our market possibilities will be endless. EverGreenCoin is the way all things green will be purchased in the future. Farming, solar, deforestation, etc. Keep your eyes on the doughtnut and not the hole guys.

I am aware of the rumor that Bitcoin is to be used for drugs. I am also aware that more drugs are traded in the US dollar on the daily...than any other currency combined. Your argument is null. I moved to cryptocurrency for the freedom and to enrich my life...like most of us.

Cannabis is becoming a commodity again. You can certainly see this in quite a few of the US states now. As more people accept it, more states will join in. This is a visible domino effect towards ending prohibition.  I think we all respect the peoples' view who don't align with this aspect of the coin. However, I do feel that they will be missing out and they need education.

We just finished the application process for a booth at HempStalk 2016. HempStalk 2016 in Portland, Oregon September 24-25. More to come.

"'I  am very glad to hear that the Gardener has saved so much of the St. foin seed, and that of the India Hemp. Make the most you can of both, by sowing them again in drills. . . Let the ground be well prepared, and the Seed (St. loin) be sown in April. The Hemp may be sown any where."

I dont have any issues with it.
But i personally dont know any serious investers that would touch it. Especially in Europe.. Asia... and everywhere really.

When it comes to making the world green.
Cannabis does not make the top 20 list. Neither does "organic wine"......

The thing is cannabis is also connected to peoples prejudices... like anything else it doesnt need to be logical or fact based.
You can see this in many fields .. like drugs, sexuality, race or whatever.

Just saying no matter how u feel about it, the main bulk of the world dont necessarily agree.
In this case i dare say that more than 80% or way more of investors would back away from cannabis.

Solar power, or other clean environment "things" is in a completely different league and would have a lot more investement power if u widen the horizon to beyond legalized states.

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:59:26 PM

*looking into solar powered weed farming with the use of LED growlights*
Keep in mind that I am from the Netherlands and many dutch grow their own weed with the use of way too much electricity.
EGCCannabis

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:20:42 PM

Keep in mind that I am from the Netherlands and many dutch grow their own weed with the use of way too much electricity.

Good to finally talk to you GizFreak. Tell me what you think about this:
 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk50IuWXg-c

EverGreenCoin®
Cryptocurrency meets environment
frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 08:33:45 PM

Sure, thats nice. But its hardly representative for the world.

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:44:31 PM

The only reasoning is they are well known and reputable, to the best of my knowledge. I have implemented their plug-ins and am familiar with them from other projects. I feel they are matured to a complete solution, not that others have not. Their brand recognition is high. Certainly we can try others, if need be. Cointopay is another I have briefly looked into. Yes, we have options.

Also, public adoption is something I personally strive for in EGC and crypto in general. The name, coin payments dot net, I feel has advantages as having less of an obscure name for merchants that may be already overwhelmed with new crypto-terminology.
I do understand your thoughts behinde this.
My main thought was that we have been talking about Coinpayments.net for a while. Maybe it would be easier to get started elsewhere and then contact Coinpayments.net.

Looking over the terms of a couple of payment solutions.
Coinpayments.net only provides fiat settelments in the US. I am guessing most of the businesses that EGC are in contact with are located in the US at the moment, but merchants in other part of the world might also like the option.
In general its very hard to see and compare fees between the different solutions.

I know basicly no coding so I cant really compare that.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 08:49:04 PM

Hi im new to the evergreen coin, but i was wondering when my Staking will start.
i have a couple of questions:

How many coins do i need to start staking?
When will my coins be mature?

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to EverGreenCoin!

Staking will start about 24 hours after full confirmation. There is no minimum for staking. Coins fully mature after 60 confimations.

I hope I have answered your questions completely.
Thanks for your  support but i dunno if its an error something,
it says  this :

Date: 8/9/2016 06:28

for coins that were sent from the faucet, yet it says at the bottom not staking because there are no mature coins. Undecided

Thanks

Yes, I have seen this. It is no reason for alarm, give it time and it will sort itself. Do not feel you are 'missing out' on a PoS reward, PoS will adjust to the time passed and you will not miss out on anything.

Also, if you are only staking faucet payouts and I presume a small amount, you will have little weight. What that means is you will not receive installments towards your 7% annual often. But yes, it will still total 7% annual.

Just be patient, I promise you, that is all that is needed. Smiley

p.s. I am having some delay with yesterday's faucet payouts. The faucet was hammered to a new level with fraudulent entries that is taking some time to make sure they are all eliminated and not paid. Sorry for the delay on that as I have many pressing issues demanding my attention all day. Yesterday's payouts will be processed asap.

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:49:18 PM

Good to finally talk to you GizFreak. Tell me what you think about this:
 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk50IuWXg-c
Really thanks for posting this link. Gotta do some calculations tomorrow to see how this would fit into my plans, but I already can see an evergreen logo at the front glass panel Smiley
This sounds like a decent solution for the biggest problem to face, namely the storage of solar power.
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:06:31 PM

Not all of us are from the USA and in some parts of the world Cannabis is illegal to poses, buy or sell. It can even be an offence just offering to sell drugs (no actual sale has to happen). For those of us in such places using a coin that has strong ties to the cannabis trade could be a problem.

In terms whether this is a problem or not is likely to be dependent on what proportion of the transactions are deemed to be related to illegal activities. If a significant proportion of transactions are related to cannabis sales then those of us living where cannabis is illegal could be seen to be profiting from such trade.

As to whether that's an issue or not I'm not sure, but it's a risk some may not be willing to take.

I should state that I have no particular views on whether Cannabis should be legalised or not and it's not something I have any real interest in. Thinking about it another way if tobacco or alcohol had only recently appeared would they be legal or would they be classed as an illegal drug.
Kazadar

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:07:27 PM

I dont have any issues with it.
But i personally dont know any serious investers that would touch it. Especially in Europe.. Asia... and everywhere really.

When it comes to making the world green.
Cannabis does not make the top 20 list. Neither does "organic wine"......

The thing is cannabis is also connected to peoples prejudices... like anything else it doesnt need to be logical or fact based.
You can see this in many fields .. like drugs, sexuality, race or whatever.

Just saying no matter how u feel about it, the main bulk of the world dont necessarily agree.
In this case i dare say that more than 80% or way more of investors would back away from cannabis.

Solar power, or other clean environment "things" is in a completely different league and would have a lot more investement power if u widen the horizon to beyond legalized states.

I do agree that we should at least be careful not to make cannabis look like the main focus of EGC.
EGC has only just started growing so our image to the public havent really formed yet. We dont want to think of EGC as a cannabis coin. We are far more than that and we need to make sure that people see that.

Kazadar

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:11:52 PM

Not all of us are from the USA and in some parts of the world Cannabis is illegal to poses, buy or sell. It can even be an offence just offering to sell drugs (no actual sale has to happen). For those of us in such places using a coin that has strong ties to the cannabis trade could be a problem.

In terms whether this is a problem or not is likely to be dependent on what proportion of the transactions are deemed to be related to illegal activities. If a significant proportion of transactions are related to cannabis sales then those of us living where cannabis is illegal could be seen to be profiting from such trade.

As to whether that's an issue or not I'm not sure, but it's a risk some may not be willing to take.

I should state that I have no particular views on whether Cannabis should be legalised or not and it's not something I have any real interest in. Thinking about it another way if tobacco or alcohol had only recently appeared would they be legal or would they be classed as an illegal drug.

I was just looking at some data saying that 0.5% of crypto are used in drug trade. For fiat the number is 0.9%, so from a legal standpoint I would say that you are pretty safe.

http://lsvp.com/2013/08/15/about-half-a-percent-of-bitcoin-transactions-are-to-buy-drugs/

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 09:16:55 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2016, 09:40:04 PM by EverGreenCoin

The only reasoning is they are well known and reputable, to the best of my knowledge. I have implemented their plug-ins and am familiar with them from other projects. I feel they are matured to a complete solution, not that others have not. Their brand recognition is high. Certainly we can try others, if need be. Cointopay is another I have briefly looked into. Yes, we have options.

Also, public adoption is something I personally strive for in EGC and crypto in general. The name, coin payments dot net, I feel has advantages as having less of an obscure name for merchants that may be already overwhelmed with new crypto-terminology.
I do understand your thoughts behinde this.
My main thought was that we have been talking about Coinpayments.net for a while. Maybe it would be easier to get started elsewhere and then contact Coinpayments.net.

Looking over the terms of a couple of payment solutions.
Coinpayments.net only provides fiat settelments in the US. I am guessing most of the businesses that EGC are in contact with are located in the US at the moment, but merchants in other part of the world might also like the option.
In general its very hard to see and compare fees between the different solutions.

I know basicly no coding so I cant really compare that.

You bring up a very valid point and I thank you for that. Yes, most the merchants, all if my memory serves, I have talk to about EGC specifically are here in the states. Are you finding coinify is a more universally accepted solution and is why you are suggesting it? If so, you are absolutely correct and we need a solution for all merchants, regardless of borders.

EDIT: Oh yes, I see.

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: