Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:58:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
talatk

Activity: 700
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:32:49 AM

Hello !! Can anybody help me with setting up EGC wallet for Windows. I downloaded and got two files in it 1. Evergreencoin-Qt(application) and other is qrcodelib.dll but after extraction the evergreencoin-qt application is missing?? I don't know why? Please help me with this one.  Sad

Most probably your anti-virus program is detecting the wallet as a virus and deleting it. You should disable your program or configure the program that this is not a virus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 11:35:21 AM

Hello !! Can anybody help me with setting up EGC wallet for Windows. I downloaded and got two files in it 1. Evergreencoin-Qt(application) and other is qrcodelib.dll but after extraction the evergreencoin-qt application is missing?? I don't know why? Please help me with this one.  Sad

Missing? That is an odd one. Do you have an antivirus program that may have quarantined it? If that is the case, you will need to add it to the exclusion list and then restore it.

The qrcodelib.dll is a dynamic link library used to generate QR codes.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 11:36:54 AM

Hi guys..

New exchange up https://rawx.io

make a coin request  = > coinrequest@rawx.io

Cool

I would better get some information about the exchange before just adding it to it. I already saw that you are posting in many threads. Hope Steve inform himself before following your requests.

- Who is the owner of the exchange ?
- When was it released ?
- What is it goal ?
- Is it still Beta ?
- How can we trust it with no information ?

We have times where exchanges get hacked and we need our security first !
I khnow that very much people now think about opening a exchange because of the fees they get from trading but I don´t like this fees and would hope in future for using
decentralized Marktplace like Bitsquare.

Sorry if I am a bit to careful but I don´t want to have problems with missing Coins here like BTC.

Yes, I have done some investigation beyond glancing over their exchange. Whois queries and some social media look-ups on the owner. I didn't uncover any blatant evidence of a scam and I am not making any accusations of that, but it does look slightly suspicious. Not much public information at all and that does slightly alarm me. Of course, I am all for the underdog or newcomer and would gladly help one, but only after sufficient trust was established.

Your caution is very well placed, abyaby and I do share it. Some of us will remember, EGC's first 'exchange' left many community members missing EGC and BTC. I have opted not to publicly pursue this exchange and at this time. The days of EGC needing to be desperate in exchange additions have long passed.

That said, there is nothing I or anyone else could do to stop them from adding EGC. If they did add EGC and community members reported a favorable sentiment, I would publicly support and add to the OP in hopes of bringing them volume. But as of now and until more transparent and available information is found, I can not.

You will be happy to know, EverGreenCoin is supported by Bitsquare. https://bitsquare.io/faq/#altcoins

from  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465315.0

"
mcxNOW was a successful and popular exchange which closed in late 2014 so that a better support system could be implemented. A redesign was also needed to handle the large increase in currencies needed to be a modern exchange.
While the delay has been much longer than anticipated it is finally nearing reality!

A new owner has taken over the site, my name is Julian and I ran SolidCoin24 one of the first successful Bitcoin exchanges in 2011. I have the necessarily motivation, experience and morals to run an exchange, my last site was not hacked and no customer funds were ever lost. Which is one of the main reasons I was able to acquire the mcxNOW technology from Realsolid as this was important to him.
"

the gui is a bit lame but is undergoing reasonably constant updates, lol you should have seen it before :p

I stand corrected. Thank you, pineapples. I will contact Julian.

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:03:51 PM

Beat this Smiley

https://twitter.com/Gizfreaknl/status/766245498227462144
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 12:46:31 PM

Beat this Smiley

... beautiful picture removed for readability ...

https://twitter.com/Gizfreaknl/status/766245498227462144

And to think, we didn't even need to pay to be up there like those other coins. Now that's effective advertising. Wink

Many thanks for the tweet!

enlightened

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:21:08 PM

Hello EGC community,

some of our users told me I should look into this thread Smiley

I was getting several requests the last days to add EGC on RAWX. I have everything prepared now and I am ready to add it at any moment.

Let me respond to your post:

Yes, I have done some investigation beyond glancing over their exchange. Whois queries and some social media look-ups on the owner. I didn't uncover any blatant evidence of a scam and I am not making any accusations of that, but it does look slightly suspicious. Not much public information at all and that does slightly alarm me. Of course, I am all for the underdog or newcomer and would gladly help one, but only after sufficient trust was established.

Your caution is very well placed, abyaby and I do share it. Some of us will remember, EGC's first 'exchange' left many community members missing EGC and BTC. I have opted not to publicly pursue this exchange and at this time. The days of EGC needing to be desperate in exchange additions have long passed.

RAWX launched not even two weeks ago and we were the first exchange to trade STRATIS. Several hundreds of BTC have been moved since launch.

May I ask what public information you need? Just tell me what you're missing. You have my name and address, that should be more than the information you get from most other small exchanges.

You are welcome to sign up and join our chatroom to ask our users about their experience.

If there are no objections I will add EGC in about one hour from now. While you're right that I don't need your permission I wouldn't add the coin if you discouraged your users from using our exchange.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 01:49:26 PM

Hello EGC community,

some of our users told me I should look into this thread Smiley

I was getting several requests the last days to add EGC on RAWX. I have everything prepared now and I am ready to add it at any moment.

Let me respond to your post:

RAWX launched not even two weeks ago and we were the first exchange to trade STRATIS. Several hundreds of BTC have been moved since launch.

May I ask what public information you need? Just tell me what you're missing. You have my name and address, that should be more than the information you get from most other small exchanges.

You are welcome to sign up and join our chatroom to ask our users about their experience.

If there are no objections I will add EGC in about one hour from now. While you're right that I don't need your permission I wouldn't add the coin if you discouraged your users from using our exchange.

I am so sorry. As you have read, some of the EGC community, myself included, got scammed shortly after launch by a fly-by-night exchange. It was the first exchange we were added to and perhaps I was to eager to get listed on any exchange and feel maybe I could have prevented some damage by doing more research.

I do not need any more information, sorry if that came across invasive. Please understand the caution was only being exercised to protect the community. I honestly feel personally guilty about the first exchange and their treatment of the community. Please take no offense, that was never my intent and I was making every effort to give RAWX the benefit of the doubt.

It does appear to me now that RAWX is a trustworthy exchange. I would be honored to have EGC added and I will do my best to bring you some volume quickly.

Many thanks and thanks in advance for understanding the stance I needed to take at the time.

enlightened

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:02:39 PM

I am so sorry. As you have read, some of the EGC community, myself included, got scammed shortly after launch by a fly-by-night exchange. It was the first exchange we were added to and perhaps I was to eager to get listed on any exchange and feel maybe I could have prevented some damage by doing more research.

I do not need any more information, sorry if that came across invasive. Please understand the caution was only being exercised to protect the community. I honestly feel personally guilty about the first exchange and their treatment of the community. Please take no offense, that was never my intent and I was making every effort to give RAWX the benefit of the doubt.

It does appear to me now that RAWX is a trustworthy exchange. I would be honored to have EGC added and I will do my best to bring you some volume quickly.

Many thanks and thanks in advance for understanding the stance I needed to take at the time.

Oh no need to be sorry. I absolutely do understand that you want to protect your community from scams and even appreciate it. In the crypto world it's always better to be careful Wink
I myself was a victim of a scam exchange back in 2012 when bitmarket.eu went down Embarrassed

OK, so since there are no objections from your side I am happy to announce we just added EGC.

Market: https://beta.rawx.io/#/markets/BTC:EGC
Signup: https://beta.rawx.io/#/signup

If you want to display the last RAWX price for EGC you can use this image:

(https://rawx.io/data/price.png?b=BTC&o=EGC)

BTW: The beta status mainly refers to the frontend. The backend is very solid and stable.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 02:18:16 PM

Oh no need to be sorry. I absolutely do understand that you want to protect your community from scams and even appreciate it. In the crypto world it's always better to be careful Wink
I myself was a victim of a scam exchange back in 2012 when bitmarket.eu went down Embarrassed

OK, so since there are no objections from your side I am happy to announce we just added EGC.

If you want to display the last RAWX price for EGC you can use this image:

(https://rawx.io/data/price.png?b=BTC&o=EGC)

BTW: The beta status mainly refers to the frontend. The backend is very solid and stable.

Adding to the OP this very minute. Also, I have already started getting the word out on social media and now will get the links out as well.

Again, many thanks!

abyaby123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:27:56 PM

Hope of a good future and partnership !
LoYz

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:09:51 PM

Volume is increasing  Grin
linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 03:17:04 PM

Rawx has been growing nicely since it opened. The devs responds quickly to suggestions and support.

I was a mcXnow user years ago. I never had any issues there. There was plenty of warning about the site going into a maintenance mode and users had months to withdraw funds after the fact. It's fast and easy to trade on also.

Looking forward to having EGC on the exchange
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:18:40 PM

The explorer starts up with no infos?
generally it might be useful to load up last block yes??

http://transactions.evergreencoin.org/

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 03:22:42 PM

Refresh. Looks fine here.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 03:24:54 PM

The block explorer does appear to be working fine. Sorry if it has given you a problem. I will investigate the logs but, it looks fine on my end.

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:26:49 PM

The block explorer does appear to be working fine. Sorry if it has given you a problem. I will investigate the logs but, it looks fine on my end.

hmmz it appears problem is only on firefox for me.
safari works fine :p

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:36:59 PM

Mine always loads up the last 10 blocks. Which internet explorer do you use?

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:36:12 PM

the OP mentions 180 second block times?
is that current??

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:38:59 PM

is that current??
Yes it should be.

It started out with 60 second block times but was changed to 180 seconds shortly before the end of PoW.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 02:23:58 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 02:47:39 AM by EverGreenCoin

is that current??
Yes it should be.

It started out with 60 second block times but was changed to 180 seconds shortly before the end of PoW.

Increasing the PoW block target time to 180 seconds from the original 60 seconds for PoW blocks, thus increasing the PoW block difficulty also increased difficulty for PoS blocks. This was done to slow PoS blocks down as they were going so fast, consensus was not achieved across the network before unintentional forks could form. After several attempts and in different ways to alleviate this without a hard fork and a protocol upgrade to lock out older wallet versions, it was evident a hard fork for slower block targets and the locking out of prior versions was needed. Thanks in large part to the understanding and supportive community, we did successfully hard fork the EGC blockchain at block 495000 and a prior protocol upgrade on the morning of June 18th and at block 491719 with the mandatory upgrade to EGC version 1.3. This also included an upgrade to BIP 66 to help further mitigate unintentional forks as well as additional checkpoints and complete fully qualified domain naming of the 7 seed nodes being hard coded so that network changes such as moving VPS's could be seamlessly done via DNS in the future and the use of config files, more importantly addnodes within that may present an unintentional forked blockchain copy, could be discouraged and the seed nodes could properly distribute locations of accurate copies of the blockchain and prevent inaccurate copies from forming a consensus together by ways of banning them.

We are seeing about a 30 second average block time now with full PoS. That would put full confirmation (7 blocks) at 3 and 1/2 minutes on average but yes, the network does accept PoS blocks faster and slower times often, but the average is holding true. Transactions and the network do appear to be operating smoothly and very fast. PoS is working for everyone to their satisfaction. It does appear we have the network dialed-in. Though it did take some trial and error, I am pleased with the balance that has been achieved.

I will update the OP to reflect the more accurate prediction of block target times, not the now irrelevant PoW block target times it shows. Sorry if the presently displayed information mislead anyone. Sorry also this question went unanswered for several hours while I was in meetings and dealing with some personal matters. I could not focus to provide what I felt was a full explanation until now. I hope I have now sufficiently provided that explanation.

Thank you for your interest in and support of EverGreenCoin and thus our group of efforts to make our world a better place.

EDIT: OP is now updated.

Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: