Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 10:37:02 PM

As much as I admire community involvement, but I think it's better if this would be structured in a better way.
My idea would be to have one place for all of the activities (like evergreencoin.org) and maybe a Slack group strictly for development purposes.
Just my 2 EGC  Wink

Agreed. We have a fb page, an fb group, and now a fb420 page. Grumpytiger made a forum, that unfortunately gets little use. We have a slack, that unfortunately suffered the same stagnation. Our subreddit, likewise has been asleep. We now also have skype groups for promotional efforts. Not to mention this thread and twitter. I kid you not, social media alone could easily be a fulltime job already.

I think the number of communication channels was an issue I raised several months back, and we now seem to have even more.

I'd argue that a couple of well managed communication channels are better than a large variety that don't get used. When I originally looked I'd found that most of them hadn't been touched for a month or more which doesn't give a good impression.

My personal preference for more instant communication/discussion is IRC, along with a forum/mailing list for wider/ less immediate reach (but then I've got an always on IRC client and I watch ~15 channels of which EGC is just one).

I'd also advocate things which are relatively open. When I was a newcomer I wanted to see what was happening, not have to join a myriad of potentially insecure different sites. This thread, IRC, twitter, and  reddit are generally open and secure. Slack, this new social network site, FB don't always manage the open and/or secure aspects.

And on a related note I've started work on an IRC bot that will hopefully be able to provide some EGC information (current block, block hashes, exchange information), potentially provide public logging of the EGC IRC channel and hopefully also have a faucet (although currently limited number of coins to use as I don't have that many), the main aim of this is to provide some transactions to test out the wallet running on a C.H.I.P. but i'm hoping it might also stimulate some activity on IRC.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 11:24:29 PM

Meanwhile at the front page of Bittrex...

Told ya, famous.  Grin  No, the fame I speak of will not be isolated to traders or "crypto-geeks", no offense intended with my wording.

We are only on the cusp, friends.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 11:25:32 PM

As much as I admire community involvement, but I think it's better if this would be structured in a better way.
My idea would be to have one place for all of the activities (like evergreencoin.org) and maybe a Slack group strictly for development purposes.
Just my 2 EGC  Wink

Agreed. We have a fb page, an fb group, and now a fb420 page. Grumpytiger made a forum, that unfortunately gets little use. We have a slack, that unfortunately suffered the same stagnation. Our subreddit, likewise has been asleep. We now also have skype groups for promotional efforts. Not to mention this thread and twitter. I kid you not, social media alone could easily be a fulltime job already.

I think the number of communication channels was an issue I raised several months back, and we now seem to have even more.

I'd argue that a couple of well managed communication channels are better than a large variety that don't get used. When I originally looked I'd found that most of them hadn't been touched for a month or more which doesn't give a good impression.

My personal preference for more instant communication/discussion is IRC, along with a forum/mailing list for wider/ less immediate reach (but then I've got an always on IRC client and I watch ~15 channels of which EGC is just one).

I'd also advocate things which are relatively open. When I was a newcomer I wanted to see what was happening, not have to join a myriad of potentially insecure different sites. This thread, IRC, twitter, and  reddit are generally open and secure. Slack, this new social network site, FB don't always manage the open and/or secure aspects.

And on a related note I've started work on an IRC bot that will hopefully be able to provide some EGC information (current block, block hashes, exchange information), potentially provide public logging of the EGC IRC channel and hopefully also have a faucet (although currently limited number of coins to use as I don't have that many), the main aim of this is to provide some transactions to test out the wallet running on a C.H.I.P. but i'm hoping it might also stimulate some activity on IRC.

You are absolutely correct and I could not agree more.

I am with you on the IRC argument wholeheartedly. The privacy IRC offers, should one choose to use which I do not because I strive for openness, is very inviting. The lightweight interfaces that are available (I use pigeon because some people request "off the record" chat) I find favorable because I am oftentimes running multiple virtual machines. Slack is a pig IMHO. Unfortunately, "main stream" will never be attracted to IRC. Too few pictures and too much intellect perhaps. Wink For those reasons, much of my time must be on twitter and facebook and they are good mediums for evangelizing and informing non-technical people.

If you need a donation for the IRC faucet, I would gladly personally donate. If the expense becomes much, the foundation can chip in. At one point we had an IRC tipbot, but *poof*, yet another disappearance. I will see if I can't track down the author. The downside of the tipbot was we had many people there that never said a word and were just there to collect rains. I suspect some of them may have even been duplicates. But it did make it feel less lonely. Wink

p.s. I still await the shipment of my C.H.I.P.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 11:42:26 PM

Yobit Wallet :
Deposit for such currency is temporary off.
Withdrawal is okay.

Yes, they have had it that way for a few days now. The only response I and others get to our tickets is, "the wallet is working.", which it is. But they are not understanding they have deposits still off. smh

Please submit a ticket to yobit if you would.

I just got another support ticket response from yobit. To which I responded.

No matter how hard I try. smh

Sorry, very frustrating sometimes. I hope I have explained clearly enough to yobit staff this time.

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 11:52:18 PM

Grin

Its yobit... we all know its yolo.

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:00:16 AM

Grin

Its yobit... we all know its yolo.
I really dont get why people would use yobit unless it was the only option. So many problems with them and no support...

Zollkron

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:18:39 AM

I come back to the EGC train again. I'm very proud of devs and bagholders on difficult moments, you did it.

Next stop, Poloniex. Come on!
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 01:18:36 AM

I come back to the EGC train again. I'm very proud of devs and bagholders on difficult moments, you did it.

Next stop, Poloniex. Come on!

Thank you Zollkron and welcome back!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 02:03:26 AM

Lots of these posters hit the mail today, sporting our well-placed EGC logo.

EGCC (EverGreenCoinCannabis) is also in the process of planning to attend, sponsor, and rent booths at other cannabis events. Details to follow. We also have other, yet to be public, strategic inroads to this industry. I promise you, in a short time, all of the cannabis industry will be learning of EverGreenCoin and in ways that will surprise you.

Please like EGCC on facebook and feel free to contribute. The page is already filling with interesting, truthful, and educational information.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 02:11:24 AM

wish the hackers did not get my stake of this coin i held it for a long time now its way up and they have been gone smh hackers suck

What happened? Can you give some details?

Yes bigs, I will do everything in my power to help you recover your coins. I know you got scammed twice and then hacked from what you have said on another forum. Please detail what happened to your EGC wallet. Were coins actually moved out of your wallet? And you are talking about a wallet on your actual machine, not an exchange wallet, correct?

There might be hope, brother!

So the community is aware and to underline my willingness to help community members in all ways possible, Bigs has brought and continued this conversation privately with me and I am doing everything within my power to get his coins where they rightfully belong, in his wallet and control.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 02:29:15 AM

A friendly reminder, if you wish to have one of these shirts shipped to you outside of the United States, please do contact me soon so we can make arrangements. I do want to make only one order and help as many people as possible to get these shirts. These shirts can be further customized (front, back, and sleeves) via customink at additional costs.

I will be placing my order, including the already arranged international orders, mid-week this coming week.

ether19

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 04:06:32 AM

Malayalam Translation done  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576058.new#new

Do check it out!  Grin Wink

It looks broken, friend.  Sad

Looks like you have the image tags broken.

Things like this:
Code:
[img]http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/nk6fmt6.png[/img][/img]

Should only have one image tag. Like so:
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/nk6fmt6.png[/img]

Delete the
Code:
[img]http://
and the one closing image tag
Code:
[/img]
please. I know its harder with a newbie account.

I will quote it after these issues are addressed so the images do show.

My apologies,

I have corrected the broken links.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576058.msg15824131#msg15824131

Regards
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 04:59:34 AM

Malayalam Translation done  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576058.new#new

Do check it out!  Grin Wink

It looks broken, friend.  Sad

Looks like you have the image tags broken.

Things like this:
Code:
[img]http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/nk6fmt6.png[/img][/img]

Should only have one image tag. Like so:
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/nk6fmt6.png[/img]

Delete the
Code:
[img]http://
and the one closing image tag
Code:
[/img]
please. I know its harder with a newbie account.

I will quote it after these issues are addressed so the images do show.

My apologies,

I have corrected the broken links.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576058.msg15824131#msg15824131

Regards

Many thanks! Your payment is en route!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 05:28:58 AM

In case any faucet goers are curious to why the reduction in payment, with all the attention EGC has been getting, the faucet has been very busy. I do inspect the entries before launching the script that sends payments for anomalies that deem removal. After that, I use the number of what now are presumed to be valid entries to determine the individual payout amount. I do use the foundation's coins for faucet payouts and I do not want to greatly deplete the foundation's funding ever 24 hours. Even at the lowest payout amounts, the faucet is still covering many future tx fees for visitors. I hope the community does view that as fair and reasonable as I do.

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:24:48 AM

Hi,

Just wondering if everybody on here has heard of and is using Ecosia as a search engine. I've been using it for a while now, it plants trees with around 80% of its profits, and has planted 4m so far. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it works really well for most searches (although I sometimes have to fall back on google). https://info.ecosia.org/what https://info.ecosia.org/

Sorry if the post is slightly off topic - I thought people on here might be interested.
grumpytiger211

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:24:20 AM

So I made an account at Gabi's Dolphin installment, as I also feel the need to be able to chat with other community members and share thoughts in a different way than with the use of this SMF forum.
But I also see that there is an EGC FB page now and there's a newly developed official site in the make with the possibility to integrate a social media part.
Just my 2 EGC  Wink

As lead dev, I have to accept at least some of the responsibility for what has become this social disorder. That said, much of this was done without my knowledge, which of course I am fine with but cannot advise against what I don't know is being done. Also, people that once gave me their help on this front seem to have disappeared for whatever reason.

Anyone in the community is welcome to try something new and I will do my best to support those efforts. That said, even with the social presence I do maintain, it is already quite the redundant choir to get important information out.

With the new site under development, which a marketplace has been discussed and may have a social side of its own, yes, I fear we are on social overload. My personal opinion has been that this bct thread is a sufficient medium in the past. But yes, perhaps as our spectum is getting wider, more ordered communication than one thread would be beneficial.

I guess at this time we can just, "see what sticks." Certainly I can redirect forum.evergreencoin.org to whatever serves best or do a install & clone of whichever on evergreencoin.org so no redirection is needed. I eagerly await David's work as I wish to style everything (expoler, faucet, support, and now potentially forum) in a seamless way with a unified and consistent navigation.

I too will make an account on Gabi's forum. Let's see where it goes. Smiley

EDIT: I forgot to mention IRC, perhaps others.

the forum was my fault. tried to get it up on my own got it going good then there were parts i was not knowledgeable enough to handle and couldnt find the help to complete it. then i got distracted with all the wallet stuff. then life nipped me in the butt i shall not go into it but its one of the worst obstacles ive faced in life and will probably going through it for a while. being involved in things like this helps me get away and get my mind off things sometimes. if the community thinks this forum will serve well and there are people that can help whip it into shape im down. right now it was only me and join free working on it. i agree there is to many social stuff out maybe some can be combined or the best of certain types be kept. not trying to make excuses i tried and it didnt go ill take the fall for that one. if we need to remove it we will.

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 08:50:31 AM

IRC is too geeky, for most...
Forum is too complex, for most..

SLACK!

Its easy to use, and has handy functions.

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:02:54 AM

Hi,

Just wondering if everybody on here has heard of and is using Ecosia as a search engine. I've been using it for a while now, it plants trees with around 80% of its profits, and has planted 4m so far. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it works really well for most searches (although I sometimes have to fall back on google). https://info.ecosia.org/what https://info.ecosia.org/

Sorry if the post is slightly off topic - I thought people on here might be interested.

Yeah, I have been discussing with them in January about a possible collaboration, however the crypto world is not included in their plans. At least not now.
Maybe, after we hit the $1 margin, they will take into consideration working with EGC:)
Who knows.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:04:25 AM

IRC is too geeky, for most...
Forum is too complex, for most..

SLACK!

Its easy to use, and has handy functions.

I totally agree, as I experienced with other coins's Slack groups. And for the invitations, there's a nice automated slack invitation available at the Github https://github.com/outsideris/slack-invite-automation.
But I'll leave that up to Steven to see if that would be something for us.
grumpytiger211

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:31:17 AM

there was a post earlier but i cant find it now but i love to garden fruits, vegetables, and flowers and wouldn't mind spending egc on them seeds if it was available.

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: