Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:39:02 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if everybody on here has heard of and is using Ecosia as a search engine. I've been using it for a while now, it plants trees with around 80% of its profits, and has planted 4m so far. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it works really well for most searches (although I sometimes have to fall back on google). https://info.ecosia.org/what https://info.ecosia.org/

Sorry if the post is slightly off topic - I thought people on here might be interested.

Yeah, I have been discussing with them in January about a possible collaboration, however the crypto world is not included in their plans. At least not now.
Maybe, after we hit the $1 margin, they will take into consideration working with EGC:)
Who knows.

Lets see. I helped them out with a few things a couple of years ago, they might still remember me - once I get a bit more involved in this coin and know more about it - maybe I can help push from another front.

It would be amazing if you could help, starmman. Yes, as Gabi said, ecosia caught our attention early after launch.

It is very much on topic, no need to apologize. EGC would be very proud to be involved with ecosia.
I do think the ecosia would be a great partner for EGC, but what would be the main benefits of collaboration?

It could give both parites some added exposure which is of course nice, but not really enough to be the main selling point imo.

So mainly just for my own curiosity, does anyone have any good arguments or ideas that would that could add value to both projects?

The value EGC seeks to gain is only helping their tree planting efforts in anyway.

On ecosia's side, I thought it would be helpful to them by rewarding searches with, not only the satisfaction of helping the tree planting efforts, but also a (very) small amount of EGC. Of course, this idea would involve much work as some sort of registration would need to happen to associate searches with an EGC address to send the "compensation", if you will, to. After the one time registration on the search engine, a cookie could remain persistent on the device so as to not slow future searches and still maintain the rewarding of the search.

I feel people would and do use ecosia for the feel good of helping the efforts. But, like you said, might quickly jump to a larger search engine once that feeling is established. I would argue that not only might this bring added traffic that will give them more funding for development to enrich the experience but it expands this good feeling to not only include helping tree planting efforts, but helping one's self. This helping of one's self would keep traffic returning.

The fact is, it would take development time and resources on ecosia's end. Of course, EGC is willing to donate the EGC to supply this and help with development in any way ecosia staff would permit or request. Again, the only thing EGC seeks is the pride, and yes, exposure of helping their efforts.

So this is what I have been discussing with Ecosia. But first this is how the things are currently running on Ecosia:

1-You search the web with Ecosia.
2-Search ads generate income for Ecosia.
3-Ecosia uses this income to plant trees.

What I have suggested as a partnership:

4-Ecosia users are rewarded with the EverGreenCoin for  each search ( converting saved trees into EverGreenCoin- a green cryptocoin  that has been created to  promote green causes and support environmental movements such as wildfire damaged forestry and wildlife rehabilitation ).
5- If you can hold the wallets,  you can have %7 interest of the Evergreencoin and you can keep the %7 or use it to plant more trees.

Not to mention that a partnership with Evergreencoin can act as incentive in using ecosia.org as their favorite search engine.
This way, more users would adopt  both  Ecosa and also the Evergreencoin.

Maybe after EGC gains more traction ( price at least 1$, more media exposure, more side-projects), maybe, just maybe, it will hit Ecosia's radar, and they will consider partnering with EGC. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Thanks for all the information. I'll have a think about this and see if I can come up with some ideas. I'm still getting my head around EGC right now, so need to do a fair bit of reading up. Wish I had noticed the coin at the beginning.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:18:02 AM

Added a Topic to the Discussion Forum,

Be Sure to Drop by and Share your Opinion of EverGreencoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1578996.0

EverGreencoin :  http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/evergreencoin/

110 X INCREASE in less than 3 months.
Marketcap was ~$12,000 US on June 23rd
Marketcap Today is $ 1,323,739 ,
Coin only has a supply of 13,065,963 coins and with low staking rate of only 7% Yearly , it may not be done heading for the stratosphere.
24 hour Trading Volume was $ 38,427 

Has the realization finally beginning to Sink In with Crypto Investors,
That Proof Of Stake is the only Real Way to Have a Decentralized Stable Coin with a Stable investment and make Money in the long run.
A Coin that must be held to make more of itself, giving it an intrinsic value that no PoW coin can ever Possess or Match.

Or

Do you think it is merely a Short Lived Money Making Abnormally?

Cool
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 05:42:05 AM

Added a Topic to the Discussion Forum,

Be Sure to Drop by and Share your Opinion of EverGreencoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1578996.0

EverGreencoin :  http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/evergreencoin/

110 X INCREASE in less than 3 months.
Marketcap was ~$12,000 US on June 23rd
Marketcap Today is $ 1,323,739 ,
Coin only has a supply of 13,065,963 coins and with low staking rate of only 7% Yearly , it may not be done heading for the stratosphere.
24 hour Trading Volume was $ 38,427  

Has the realization finally beginning to Sink In with Crypto Investors,
That Proof Of Stake is the only Real Way to Have a Decentralized Stable Coin with a Stable investment and make Money in the long run.
A Coin that must be held to make more of itself, giving it an intrinsic value that no PoW coin can ever Possess or Match.

Or

Do you think it is merely a Short Lived Money Making Abnormally?

Cool

Thank you for taking the initiative to do this kiklo. I am very curious to see what responses and opinions are posted.

portdavenport

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:42:20 AM

Can EGC reach 500k sat!?
Everything is possible in cryptoland, but I think it's better to focus at 50k first.

Look at the value of STEEM ("348k Sats") @ 5+ x the available supply of EGC @ 107 Million Coins versus EGC's 13M coin supply.

Anything is possible...!!
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 08:51:13 AM

An update for the community on the new website being developed. David is actively working on it. We had a 2 hour-long meeting yesterday to discuss it, set its primary objectives of the first roll-out, site navigation, integration of the explorer/faucet/support, discuss implementation and domains, some forthcoming advertising that we are waiting to do after the new site launches, and discuss some of the business and legal sides of EGC. Based on the legal side discussion, I am actively seeking legal advice on whether I should incorporate or form a non-profit. It is evident EGC is about to go through some serious growth. I want to be sure both myself, EGC, the EGC Foundation, and other parties are protected and nothing sneaks up on the project to hinder it. If anyone in the community has any legal insight on that, please PM me.

Both my absence of a week to Philadelphia and personal issues of David's had slowed the progress by a large gap without meetings but things are in full swing now. Below is just a few of the many images David has done, none of which are final by any means. I only wish to show the community actual work has begun and we are beyond the "only discussion" phase.

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 02:41:30 PM

Yobit has opened for deposits again.

Wallet seems ok!

tinaken_v

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:46:16 PM

A month away for a clone coin?

Do we all remember this post... Look how EGC went big. Every coin that has a good working dev (team) can achieve the same results as EGC. Every day you have a lot of new coins, a lot created by students that steal people BTCs and make the next coin. But when you check the list of real coins that deliver some good results then that list isn't bad at all. EGC was a $2,000 coin today it is worth $1,761,913. That is a return of 100000%, so you could already invested in 1,000 shitcoins that went to 0 sats (delisted, etc) and still make profit. Great job EGC!! This is a wonderful example of a team that works hard and that give huge rewards back to the real believers of this coin.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 05:23:16 PM

A month away for a clone coin?

Do we all remember this post... Look how EGC went big. Every coin that has a good working dev (team) can achieve the same results as EGC. Every day you have a lot of new coins, a lot created by students that steal people BTCs and make the next coin. But when you check the list of real coins that deliver some good results then that list isn't bad at all. EGC was a $2,000 coin today it is worth $1,761,913. That is a return of 100000%, so you could already invested in 1,000 shitcoins that went to 0 sats (delisted, etc) and still make profit. Great job EGC!! This is a wonderful example of a team that works hard and that give huge rewards back to the real believers of this coin.

Thank you so very much for the kind words tinaken_v. I for one certainly remember that post, as I do every post. I can, more times than not, know who even deletes a post and what post they removed when one has been removed. I take communication to the community very seriously. I know there are fellow humans here that have invested in this project, and in many ways, invested in my word. I take that obligation seriously, personally, and am so proud when people learn I honor it.

EverGreenCoin is not only "a coin", but rather an encapsulation of the full-hearted commitment to our environment and everything within it, ourselves and our best interests included. I am so happy to see branches already starting to form on the sapling that is EverGreenCoin I planted just several months ago. After all, we are still in the first season of growth. At present rate, EverGreenCoin is going to be a towering giant in the forest before year 1 by many measures, price included, but more importantly the positive impact on our world. That is the value I strive for, price is a pleasant side effect that further enables those efforts. That cycle of self feeding is building great energy now.

My strategy has been quite simple: 1) Work hard. I eat, sleep, and live EGC the vast majority of my days, like a parent to a child must. Don't stop learning ways to work more efficiently. 2) Be honest in all ways, including plans, the progress, and the unfortunate pitfalls. True, somethings demand secrecy but, like a gift on Christmas morning, the secrecy is in the best intentions. 3) Treat everyone and everything as I would treat myself. 4) Persistence. Forward. Always.

In this project I have done my very best to convey my personal convictions. My heart warms when I hear accolades like a parent's must at an award ceremony. I guess I would make a demanding parent, as my ambitions only see how far this can go.

Thank you all! Again with the child analogy, it takes a tribe to raise one!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 05:43:28 PM

Wallet seems ok!

Thank you for taking the time to reporting that, frostminer!

tmpwhore

Activity: 343

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 06:32:43 PM

If I convert my motorcycle to coal power and tow a trailer full of burning tires, but buy alot of evergreen coin will it cancel out?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 06:53:43 PM

If I convert my motorcycle to coal power and tow a trailer full of burning tires, but buy alot of evergreen coin will it cancel out?

Your purchase might slightly offset but, no, not cancel out. Please recycle your old tires through proper channels. Most communities and cities do offer tire recycling. Tire merchants also will recycle your old tires at a minimal charge. The profit you gain from your EGC would easily cover that expense.

I doubt your motorcycle would burn much coal. Wink

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 07:04:29 PM

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:07:06 PM

Do I see some typical british humor here? Valdez?  Grin

At the front page of Bittrex

FogClearer

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:23:13 PM

Must admit this has been one hell of a pump. Still have EGC placed over 30k and beyond, although I will really be speachless, if the highest sell orders will be bought. And to think I was buying it from from 500 to 200 sat downward. Would expect it's time for a big correction, but it seems there are some fatantical FOMO buyers driving this. Would bet those who buy now are gonna wake up soon with a huge headache. Now pump it up again ;-)

Forgot to say, thank you EGC, you have made me substantially richer.
abyaby123

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:29:25 PM

Must admit this has been one hell of a pump. Still have EGC placed over 30k and beyond, although I will really be speachless, if the highest sell orders will be bought. And to think I was buying it from from 500 to 200 sat downward. Would expect it's time for a big correction, but it seems there are some fatantical FOMO buyers driving this. Would bet those who buy now are gonna wake up soon with a huge headache. Now pump it up again ;-)

Forgot to say, thank you EGC, you have made me substantially richer.

With a coin supply only of 13m Coins I think the correction must be much higher and not lower Cheesy
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 07:35:32 PM

Wallet seems ok!

Ive been on their asses for a cpl of days.
Seems they dont react before they smell a shitstorm coming.

Id still like an answer from them about the staking tho.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 07:44:09 PM

Wallet seems ok!

Ive been on their asses for a cpl of days.
Seems they dont react before they smell a shitstorm coming.

Id still like an answer from them about the staking tho.

I had been in the trollbox, more than I wish to be in one, urging attention the past few days also. Of course, my tickets are still open and unanswered.

Thanks for helping to keep the pressure on them.

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:25:19 PM

Here is another article I wrote in order to promote the EverGreenCoin.

https://steemit.com/technology/@gabi-dumitriu/i-love-evergreencoin-and-you-should-love-it-too

@Steve: I have started to believe and feel just like you, and I am quoting: " I eat, sleep, and live EGC the vast majority of my time"

Now that my babygirl grew up, I can continue with my involvement in the EGC solar miner and the strato EGC.

I would appreciate if you could share the post so more people could find out about the EverGreenCoin.

It is time to evangelize the EGC people.

See you soon.

Gabi

Am I spamming? Report me!
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:33:04 PM

Here is another article I wrote in order to promote the EverGreenCoin.

https://steemit.com/technology/@gabi-dumitriu/i-love-evergreencoin-and-you-should-love-it-too

@Steve: I have started to believe and feel just like you, and I am quoting: " I eat, sleep, and live EGC the vast majority of my time"

Now that my babygirl grew up, I can continue with my involvement in the EGC solar miner and the strato EGC.

I would appreciate if you could share the post so more people could find out about the EverGreenCoin.

It is time to evangelize the EGC people.

See you soon.

Gabi
Nice article.
Looking forward to hearing more about the renewableebergy london project. It has been a while since we last heard it mentioned.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 12:29:44 AM

Now that my babygirl grew up...

Shocked

I have heard they grow fast. But this just can't be, Gabi.

Wink

p.s. thanks for the article!

EDIT: Don't think my baby doesn't keep me and wake me up at night also! Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: