Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:56:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash Miner - easy-to-use best-profit multi-device cryptocurrency miner  (Read 170569 times)
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:19:15 PM

value of coins drop nothing we could do about it

Oh, ok. Damn I feel stupid. :$

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
juvx

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:26:41 PM

I tried earning more and kept playing with my gpu settings.. Now I'm earning less than ever. Can someone help?

Yeah focus on how many BC you're earning, not $. It should be close similar to before. Maybe a little less. But the whole market took a poop the last 3 days and so did the earnings in $.. but in the long run when it recovers, we should be fine.
BitBustah

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:47:27 PM

but in the long run when it recovers, we should be fine.

I like you for saying "when" and not "if". Smiley
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1109

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:52:29 PM

I tried earning more and kept playing with my gpu settings.. Now I'm earning less than ever. Can someone help?

Yeah focus on how many BC you're earning, not $. It should be close similar to before. Maybe a little less. But the whole market took a poop the last 3 days and so did the earnings in $.. but in the long run when it recovers, we should be fine.

Nice words "poop", describes well the actual crypto scenario  Grin

I have the same opinion, just ignore the fiat conversion and keep the eye on the Bitcoins earned, that's the most important.
edmoncu

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:23:17 PM

so that's what's causing it!
i got scared that my projected daily and monthly income both halved in the past hours from the previous days!
i was about to change pools away from nicehash. hope it bounces back soon.
Negcreep

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:39:11 AM

Hi, is it possible to run the nicehash miner with your own overclocking/underclocking settings for each algo?

For example with DaggerHashimoto using Genoil miner and my own overclock settings I can get 31.3MH/s from my GTX1070.

If I run nicehash with everything at stock I get only 25MH/s.

Ideally Id like to set up optimised settings for ETH and Equihash and have it auto switch between the two, adding other algos later if necessary.
wilkas

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

You can't Smiley   NIcehash Miner is a sweet tool, dont get me wrong, but they will always struggle even being top 5 most profitable daily . And thats simply because: it always pay's more to do something yourself.   
Nicehash finds you a buyer, Pays you PPS every single share, runs a wallet you can use, and makes it all available, puts cash in your pocket with "one-click" -- there's a fee for this service as you can imagine Cheesy

I'm struggling finding easy to understand information all in one place. Any tips and guidance are very welcome.
1) To my understanding I could run same miners as NiceHash app is running by launching them via *.bat file with proper parameters. This step would save me 2% (4%) fee for wallet transfers, right? But then I would loose profitability switching.
2) Next, the pool for which work is done is charging its fee no matter if one is using NiceHash app or miner directly, correct? But when it is the time for payout, does pool charge a fee for transferring into your wallet?
3) Last and most ambiguous question is how do I mine these non-popular coins. For example it was shown, that Musicoin was profitable. How do I mine this coin? Does mining some coin means connecting a right type of miner (that uses right algorithm) to a certain pool?
BitBustah

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:10:59 PM

I just got home and my GPU temp was really low... the ccminer window indicated that mining stopped about 4 hours ago.

Is there a way to prevent this? Eventually all I had to do was click Stop/Start again.

Edit; Does this happen often? I could write a simple tool that will close/launch NiceHash every 60 mins or so..?
jimmy55

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:17:22 PM

I checked the box to make it "NOT" show the mining window but it's still showing it.  Are there some miners that cannot make the mining window disappear?  Thanks.

FOR SALE (cheap)
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:30:50 AM

Hi, is it possible to run the nicehash miner with your own overclocking/underclocking settings for each algo?

For example with DaggerHashimoto using Genoil miner and my own overclock settings I can get 31.3MH/s from my GTX1070.

If I run nicehash with everything at stock I get only 25MH/s.

Ideally Id like to set up optimised settings for ETH and Equihash and have it auto switch between the two, adding other algos later if necessary.
go to settings, then devices/algos, then extralaunch params.
not sure if nicehash uses genoil
disable any algo you don't want

You can't Smiley   NIcehash Miner is a sweet tool, dont get me wrong, but they will always struggle even being top 5 most profitable daily . And thats simply because: it always pay's more to do something yourself.   
Nicehash finds you a buyer, Pays you PPS every single share, runs a wallet you can use, and makes it all available, puts cash in your pocket with "one-click" -- there's a fee for this service as you can imagine Cheesy

I'm struggling finding easy to understand information all in one place. Any tips and guidance are very welcome.
1) To my understanding I could run same miners as NiceHash app is running by launching them via *.bat file with proper parameters. This step would save me 2% (4%) fee for wallet transfers, right? But then I would loose profitability switching.
2) Next, the pool for which work is done is charging its fee no matter if one is using NiceHash app or miner directly, correct? But when it is the time for payout, does pool charge a fee for transferring into your wallet?
3) Last and most ambiguous question is how do I mine these non-popular coins. For example it was shown, that Musicoin was profitable. How do I mine this coin? Does mining some coin means connecting a right type of miner (that uses right algorithm) to a certain pool?

1. yes. yes. yes, but it's a slight myth - takes time for your gpu to change algo, submit shares... usually not worth it
2. yes. pools vary in policy. they have to have some minimum tx fee
3. research the announcement thread for Musicoin or their website. see which pools are announced and which ones the users favour. yes right type of miner for the coin's algo. should be a choice of pools.

I just got home and my GPU temp was really low... the ccminer window indicated that mining stopped about 4 hours ago.

Is there a way to prevent this? Eventually all I had to do was click Stop/Start again.

Edit; Does this happen often? I could write a simple tool that will close/launch NiceHash every 60 mins or so..?
the early versions of the latest version(!) were prone to random stops. maybe redownload and try again. seems more stable now. or the .12 was stable

suggest everyone follow here for mining tips: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1877588.0

BitBustah

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:06:39 PM

Can anybody tell me if everyone should re-run benchmarks once in a while, like after difficulty increase? If NiceHash is switching algos based on benched profitability, the values may be false after a while, or I'm mistaken?

Good question. Anyone?
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:19:51 AM

Can anybody tell me if everyone should re-run benchmarks once in a while, like after difficulty increase? If NiceHash is switching algos based on benched profitability, the values may be false after a while, or I'm mistaken?

Good question. Anyone?

Yes, you should.

Difficulty in itself won't make any difference, your machine will still run at the same speed, difficulty only affects the profit but then that is the whole point of nicehash to stop the need to worry about that part of the equation.

Where running benchmarks may matter is if you are mining DaggerHashimoto, because as the DAG increases the speed itself may drop. At the moment cards like the RX5xx's are still on that algo 100% but as the speed drops they may start to be more profitable elsewhere.

wilkas

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:16:38 AM

Yes, you should.

So how often or when does one need to rerun benchmark if difficulty changes are not good indicator?
liomojo1

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:00:45 PM

Is there a way to use EWBF`s zec miner in the nicehash switchable miner , replacing the excavator? Ewbf gives me 580sol and excavator 480!
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Yes, you should.

So how often or when does one need to rerun benchmark if difficulty changes are not good indicator?

I suppose it will depend on what hardware you have, but maybe once a month on the dagger algo or if you see that your average speed is lower.

Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:39:07 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 04:11:27 PM by Real_Unhooked

Please add autopayout to ETH.

Also how do I force Nicehash to use Dual miner instead of Excavator for DaggerHashimoto?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
BitBustah

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:27:29 PM

I'm still using v1.7.5.13 - I don't like the design of the new app. It hurts my eyes.
Should I update? Are there any benefits of using the new app?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:55:36 AM

Please add autopayout to ETH.

Also how do I force Nicehash to use Dual miner instead of Excavator for DaggerHashimoto?

If you're mining with NVIDIA GPUs you can run modified versions of Nicehash that some community members have compiled to allow you to use Claymore's Dual Miner on NVIDIA GPUs, as well as AMD of course.

Try gaco mod here, just make sure to follow directions closely. --- https://github.com/gacopl/NiceHashMiner/releases/tag/1.7.5.13-gaco-mod
Th0rest

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:06:45 AM

Any idea why NHM is giving me an error MEMORY INIT ERROR: Obtaining SeLockMemorys Privilege failed.  MEMORY ALLOC FAILED: VirtualAlloc failed at start? Then it works ok and it is connected to the pool. It happens on xmr-stak-cpu with miner 2.0.0.7 - alpha. Is that error normal?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:54:43 AM

Any idea why NHM is giving me an error MEMORY INIT ERROR: Obtaining SeLockMemorys Privilege failed.  MEMORY ALLOC FAILED: VirtualAlloc failed at start? Then it works ok and it is connected to the pool. It happens on xmr-stak-cpu with miner 2.0.0.7 - alpha. Is that error normal?

It means that you do not have locked pages enabled in windows. Also, if you do have it enabled you need to run Nicehash as Administrator in order for it to function... with locked pages enabled you should get a good 15-20% higher hashrate for CPU mining.

Instructions on how to enable it can be found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190730(v=sql.105).aspx --- you need to have Windows Pro, Home doesn't have that feature available.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: