Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:13:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash Miner - easy-to-use best-profit multi-device cryptocurrency miner  (Read 170603 times)
Dangerous_Mind

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:21:30 PM

Is this option as good as mining directly from a pool?
I heard it would stay a little behind. Is this true?
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 01:24:55 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 06:47:03 AM by CjMapope

Is this option as good as mining directly from a pool?
I heard it would stay a little behind. Is this true?

well if you read about how the service works it kinda tells you Nicehash will LIKELY pay less then a pool (depending on various factors)
Because most order books on major algos likely wouldn't be there unless people were making money renting most of the time (a.k.a buying your hash)
So after Nicehash fees for middle-manning, the softwear, etc, plus renters already trying to make best margins themselves, the one-click nicehash sellers tend to make the LEAST, naturally Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:35:05 AM

My calculations have NiceHash as being equally profitable if it's within 8% of the profit we could get mining directly to a pool. That would include having your BTC mined straight to an exchange wallet in order to save on the extra transaction fees.... obviously if you want to keep your BTC that's not part of the equation for you.

After that theoretical 8% margin it's a matter of pure convenience and only the individual can determine how much the convenience factor is worth to them.
Dangerous_Mind

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Hey Nicehash...

You guys should increase the transaction fees when making payouts.

Otherwise it takes forever (all day?) to arrive if not longer.

I don't think that's a good idea. You could end up paying 20€ or more for a transaction (I'm been asked for that value on other places).
And for small miners it would be bad.

But they could make a option for users chose there transaction fee.
Dangerous_Mind

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:18:08 AM

My calculations have NiceHash as being equally profitable if it's within 8% of the profit we could get mining directly to a pool. That would include having your BTC mined straight to an exchange wallet in order to save on the extra transaction fees.... obviously if you want to keep your BTC that's not part of the equation for you.

After that theoretical 8% margin it's a matter of pure convenience and only the individual can determine how much the convenience factor is worth to them.

That's what I imagined.
I mined in Nicehash as my first pool for some time and the hashrates were always bouncing from 60MHs to 140MHs.
They should check that also. It's a bit annoying.
Never the less they are one of the most profitable ways of mining.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3663

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:43:40 PM

Hey Nicehash...

I don't think that's a good idea. You could end up paying 20€ or more for a transaction (I'm been asked for that value on other places).

i see no need for them to increase fees, where do you think that will come from? we would get less payout.

personally i could care less if the payout takes a day or two, as long as it gets here.

making it an option would be OK for those who need it asap, but it needs to be an option, not mandatory.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:21:20 PM

Hey Nicehash...

i see no need for them to increase fees, where do you think that will come from? we would get less payout.

personally i could care less if the payout takes a day or two, as long as it gets here.

making it an option would be OK for those who need it asap, but it needs to be an option, not mandatory.

last nights payout only took 1 minute to confirm.. i think they are overdoing the fee..
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:20:32 PM

So I downloaded Ccminer and I started mining nist5. The stats page says I'm earning about 2,5 euro a day. That's nice.

So then I do a clean install of the NiceHash app. It says Lyra2v is the best algo... at 1,9 euro a day. Why is this?

Also, why is Nist5 not an algo listed in my NiceHash. I'm using a single 1080 Ti and it only gives a few algo's. Why is that?

If you install NiceHash Legacy Miner 1.8.2 it has the Nist5 algorithm as an option to mine.  There are some other additions as well, so it's very much worth the time to check it out.

I'll try it, thanks.

Edited: Why isn't x15, x13, quark, ... among the options? I've been using NH for weeks and weeks; I get the feeling that I might have been missing out on getting the best $$$ for my GPU/time.
Is there a way to add more algo's manually? To the legacy version?

To the nice folks at NH. Please answer my question.

Why aren't x15, x13, quark, Nist5, .. and others included in the NH mining software when there are clearly pools for these algos at NiceHash? There isn't even a benchmark for the "missing" algos. Without a benchmark, how does the app know what algo is the most profitable one? The app always says lyra or equihash is the most profiting algo, when in reality, other algos earn me more at other pools. I get the feeling that you "want" me to mine equihash or lyra with my 1080 ti. Is this to supply the buyers? That reason might be more $$$ for you and less $$$ for me.

I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who still "trust" the NH app and "think" they are getting the max out of their GPU. I feel like my time got wasted using the NH app. Am I wrong? Thank you in advance for your replies?
Elder III

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:39:13 PM

So I downloaded Ccminer and I started mining nist5. The stats page says I'm earning about 2,5 euro a day. That's nice.

So then I do a clean install of the NiceHash app. It says Lyra2v is the best algo... at 1,9 euro a day. Why is this?

Also, why is Nist5 not an algo listed in my NiceHash. I'm using a single 1080 Ti and it only gives a few algo's. Why is that?

If you install NiceHash Legacy Miner 1.8.2 it has the Nist5 algorithm as an option to mine.  There are some other additions as well, so it's very much worth the time to check it out.

I'll try it, thanks.

Edited: Why isn't x15, x13, quark, ... among the options? I've been using NH for weeks and weeks; I get the feeling that I might have been missing out on getting the best $$$ for my GPU/time.

Why aren't x15, x13, quark, Nist5, .. and others included in the NH mining software when there are clearly pools for these algos at NiceHash? There isn't even a benchmark for the "missing" algos. Without a benchmark, how does the app know what algo is the most profitable one? The app always says lyra or equihash is the most profiting algo, when in reality, other algos earn me more at other pools. I get the feeling that you "want" me to mine equihash or lyra with my 1080 ti. Is this to supply the buyers? That reason might be more $$$ for you and less $$$ for me.

I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who still "trust" the NH app and "think" they are getting the max out of their GPU. I feel like my time got wasted using the NH app. Am I wrong? Thank you in advance for your replies?

You are using the wrong version. Download and run NiceHash Legacy Miner, not the old version 1.7.# or whatever, nor the dumbed down NiceHash 2.  With the Legacy miner you get all those other algorithms and it's by far the best version to use in my unhumble opinion. Smiley ---- https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/releases
BitBustah

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:10:54 PM

I'll try it, thanks.

You are using the wrong version. Download and run NiceHash Legacy Miner, not the old version 1.7.# or whatever, nor the dumbed down NiceHash 2.  With the Legacy miner you get all those other algorithms and it's by far the best version to use in my unhumble opinion. Smiley ---- https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/releases

I tried a few legacy versions, some algos aren't there. And even if they are, why use old legacy software? There's a reason why software is legacy, I guess?

Why aren't the algos present in the latest version of the app? People are most likely to miss out on profits because the app is not showing/mining in the most profitable coin. I still get the feeling the people behing NH want us to mine whatever they need to supply the buyers.
Jaerin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:53:50 PM

Glad to see that Nicehash is adding more algorithms to the markets.   Seeing skunk added has really made me consider coming back to Nicehash
BitBustah

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:25:51 PM

Glad to see that Nicehash is adding more algorithms to the markets.   Seeing skunk added has really made me consider coming back to Nicehash

reconsider.
wilkas

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:34:06 AM

I am using Nicehash Legacy miner. Can I copy benchmark values from one version to the newer version to avoid time wasting to rebench all algos?
sNaKeyz0r91

Activity: 131

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:16:43 PM

Yes. Copy entire configs folder.
wilkas

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:41:03 PM

Yes. Copy entire configs folder.

Thanks

You think? They make their 6% fee that way...

By the way. I have RX480 and reported hashrate is 21.8 MH/s. According to WhatToMine I should receive 0.0041 ETH/day. Nicehash legacy miner also shows similar but somewhat smaller estimate. But I've tried to mine on suprnova.cc (48h test) and ethermine.org (4,5h test) expecting at least the same if not somewhat higher return, but their estimates are much lower. After the test Suprnova estimated ~0,003 ETH/day and Ethermine currently estimates 0.00274 ETH/day. I dont understand how can it be lower then return from Nicehash when it has higher fees?
Daywalker22

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:57:46 PM

I am using Nicehash Legacy miner. Can I copy benchmark values from one version to the newer version to avoid time wasting to rebench all algos?

After the new version of the legacy miner I did a hole new benchmark test.
But some hashrates were lower than with the version before. Does anyone knows a reason for this?
And also, does the benchmark test has an effect on the final mining?
For what is using nhm the hashrates from the benchmark? To choose the best algorithm?
SH777

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:15:11 PM

Hi please update claymore to 10.0
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:01:33 AM

Hi please update claymore to 10.0

Just download it and replace the files in the /bin_3rdparty/claymore_dual folder that's what I did, worth it as the new ETH+LBY is more profitable than the previous ETH+DCR, just remember to run the benchmark.

Elder III

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:36:50 PM

By the way. I have RX480 and reported hashrate is 21.8 MH/s. According to WhatToMine I should receive 0.0041 ETH/day. Nicehash legacy miner also shows similar but somewhat smaller estimate. But I've tried to mine on suprnova.cc (48h test) and ethermine.org (4,5h test) expecting at least the same if not somewhat higher return, but their estimates are much lower. After the test Suprnova estimated ~0,003 ETH/day and Ethermine currently estimates 0.00274 ETH/day. I dont understand how can it be lower then return from Nicehash when it has higher fees?

The difficulty level will constantly change depending on how many people start or stop mining in that amount of time. There is also a certain amount of luck that comes into play too; luck will vary but should even out over the long haul. There is also the possibility of issues with pools rejecting shares or having downtime as well. Calculators only show what the estimated profit would be if you mined for 24 hours at the exact same settings as it is at that precise moment. It's meant to be a rough guide, no more no less. Smiley

After the new version of the legacy miner I did a hole new benchmark test.
But some hashrates were lower than with the version before. Does anyone knows a reason for this?
And also, does the benchmark test has an effect on the final mining?
For what is using nhm the hashrates from the benchmark? To choose the best algorithm?

The purpose of the benchmark is to find out what hashrate your hardware is capable of with each algorithm in order for the auto profit switching feature to function. Without benchmarking the hardware that feature can't function since it has no data to base it's calculations off of.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:46:48 PM

i dont like the new site statistics.. it no longer shows what your % of profitability is.. it makes it impossible to know if you are ahead or even breaking even after your fees..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: