Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:10:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495949 times)
Nextboy

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 09:37:37 PM

Hi, a have Order execution failed issue, please help me
00null

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 12:33:06 AM

Hi! When will you refill the btc-e reserves?

Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 02:51:19 AM

Conflicting reports here.   Some are saying there are Bitinstant BTC-e reserves, some say there are none.    Another guy said it's clearly visible on some page.... where is that?

sent from my X6
ripbitinstant

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:29:35 AM

Conflicting reports here.   Some are saying there are Bitinstant BTC-e reserves, some say there are none.    Another guy said it's clearly visible on some page.... where is that?

https://www.btc-e.com/

It's listed at the bottom of the far right column. It currently says 146 USD.
jackd523

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:20:58 AM

This is a site I really have depended on. I don't want to stir up trouble, or bad mouth or insult anyone, but it's pretty obvious this business has turned into a complete disaster. Most of the time I have had no issues, in fact, for a while it worked beautifully and I barely had to deal with anyone. But one experience was total hell, and there is just NO customer support unless I PM Charlie here. Now, I'm glad I can do that and that I know to do that. But what about all the people that don't? And why are people on here saying they haven't seen their money for weeks and sometimes months? That can never, ever happen to me. I'm terrified to send these people money again. Does anyone know of a better place? They don't have to be as fast (when it works), but just WAY more reliable and with customer support that actually exists. Thanks in advance to anyone who can give advice.
Dapper

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:36:15 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2013, 08:56:32 AM by Dapper

Conflicting reports here.   Some are saying there are Bitinstant BTC-e reserves, some say there are none.    Another guy said it's clearly visible on some page.... where is that?

https://www.btc-e.com/

It's listed at the bottom of the far right column. It currently says 146 USD.

Cool.   Wow, kind of publicly embarrassing but nice and transparent.   I don't see anything like that on Mt. Gox.... anyway to check their reserves there?

thanks!

sent from my X6
Mugginz

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:56:34 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2013, 10:12:14 AM by Mugginz

BitInstant (BI) has been under scrutiny for several months. I'm really surprised that they just recently stopped offering the option for cash deposit (MoneyGram) to your BTC address. It happened once before, but then it was up a little over a week later.

***Will someone please respond to the following question:
   - Should I just not us mt.gox? It sounds like they are the ones who are screwing around. Or is it actually  Bitinstant causing all the delays?

I had great post typed out, far more info, well written and it answered a few questions for fellow posters. I sat here for an hour typing it and fixing every tiny error. I obviously had become signed out at that point but didn't realize it before I hit "Post". Lost it all  Cry

Anyway, I guess we're all newbs if we are posting here. Looking forward to further discussions in future about 2 of my favorite things in the world: Silk Road and BTCs!

P.S. Jackd523 everyone relies on BitInsant, which sucks, because they are the only one I know and you're FORCED to use them. I just noticed yesterday they now only offer 5 options in the "Pay to" drop-down menu (Dwolla, PayPal, BitStamp, VirWox, and VouchX).
dusty85

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 12:25:02 PM

BitInstant (BI) has been under scrutiny for several months. I'm really surprised that they just recently stopped offering the option for cash deposit (MoneyGram) to your BTC address. It happened once before, but then it was up a little over a week later.

- Should I just not us mt.gox? It sounds like they are the ones who are screwing around. Or is it actually  Bitinstant causing all the delays?

I had great post typed out, far more info, well written and it answered a few questions for fellow posters. I sat here for an hour typing it and fixing every tiny error. I obviously had become signed out at that point but didn't realize it before I hit "Post". Lost it all  Cry

Anyway, I guess we're all newbs if we are posting here. Looking forward to further discussions in future about 2 of my favorite things in the world: Silk Road and BTCs!

P.S. Jackd523 everyone relies on BitInsant, which sucks, because they are the only one I know and you're FORCED to use them. I just noticed yesterday they now only offer 5 options in the "Pay to" drop-down menu (Dwolla, PayPal, BitStamp, VirWox, and VouchX).

Theres a ton of other options besides Bitinstant.  Its just that Bitinstant was the fastest, easiest, and most reliable up until about a month ago.  I think all this has to do with Bitcoins being at almost $35.00 a coin.  I am sure everyone is waiting to see if the market crashes again because I am sure no company wants to be stuck with a shit ton of Bitcoins if the value drops to $2.00 again.
BitcoinBallin

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 12:59:32 PM

Theres a ton of other options besides Bitinstant.  Its just that Bitinstant was the fastest, easiest, and most reliable up until about a month ago.  I think all this has to do with Bitcoins being at almost $35.00 a coin.  I am sure everyone is waiting to see if the market crashes again because I am sure no company wants to be stuck with a shit ton of Bitcoins if the value drops to $2.00 again.

Yea ever since Bitcoins hit about $30.00 I have seen the reserves staying pretty low lol
Dapper

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 02:29:23 PM

Yeah, there are a ton of other websites, but none that offer what Bitinstant offers.   They do need some competition, that's good for business and customers as a whole.

sent from my X6
shkiser

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:05:16 PM

I have sent a few emails to bitinstant/live chat about my cash deposit to bitstamp account problem. It says my order has been completed, and even got a confirmation email saying funds were sent, with total amount ($460). However in the confirmation email it says APIResponse: {"error": "Invalid username and/or password"}
I know I entered all information correctly, in the destination account it shows my account, but no funds were sent to my bitstamp account.. Been well over an hour, and I havent even received a reply to my emails.. I would pm yankee but I cant do that because of new account. Id like to have  this resolved asap please. Cant afford to just lose nearly $500. Yankee, rachael, anyone plz!

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
shkiser

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:12:27 PM

Just noticed theyve taken the cash deposit to bitstamp option off the drop down menu.. Ive been trying to contact someone all morning about my order, and cant seem to get a response. I really hope my money isnt gone forever. Cant afford a lose like that.
Since I cant PM, my order ID is: 0e533128-4612-4ee7-a511-fd75b78d8279

Anyone to help me resolve this would be greatly appreciated. If I would have come here first and read all of these posts about people having issues with bitinstant I would have waited until problems were worked out, before trying to use their service. I hope they remain dependable and I can still get my btc or be reimbursed. Thanks in advance.

crazyfunmolly79

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:48:16 PM

I made a USD cash deposit on 02-19-2013 (MoneyGram)... And I still have not received my money.  No response from support (e-mail OR chat), no response from Rachel e-mail, one e-mail response from Charlie (over a week ago) saying he'd personally see it was resolved... and then nothing.  No money, no responses since.  I just tried to e-mail Charlie, Rachel, and Support and my e-mails bounced back saying their bitinstant.com server rejected them because those "users no longer exist".  I am really worried now.  I created an account on this forum so that I try the PM method to Garth & Rachel and hope I get a response.
shkiser

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:55:33 PM

Ive sent several emails back and forth with rachel today about this. She says reserves are low, and users transfers are getting "Stuck
". Until reserve are back up and there is funds there, she cant do anything and the site will remain down. Also Said shed manually transfer my funds once the reserve was back up. How long does this take? Anyone have experience with this? I really cant afford to have my funds sitting there for weeks on end.. When I checked reserves at bitstamp it says $961.00. Since doing the cash deposit with bitinstant, to bitstamp this morning, theyve taken off the deposit to bitstamp function, and theyre site is now down. They also told me this morning that the cash deposit to bitcoin address function would be back up this evening, but Im not sure if thats safe to use either, and how many ppl are going to have their funds "stuck" using that feature? Do I try that this evening, risk having almost $1,000 Tied up in cyber space, until they clear up their issues, or do I just wait to see what happens?

BitcoinBallin

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:56:23 PM

It is pretty frustrating seeing all these post over and over again that are basically the same problem.  If your website is not operation at the moment you should take it down and quit causing so many issues for so many people and it would allow you guys time to get the unresolved orders cleaned up and finished with.  I need to drop a few hundred bucks today on some Bitcoins today.  What would you guys recommend for an alternative while I wait for this disaster to get cleaned up.  I was looking at Bitfloor and their turnaround seems alright and I hear they actually have customer service.
shkiser

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:02:01 PM

It is pretty frustrating seeing all these post over and over again that are basically the same problem.  If your website is not operation at the moment you should take it down and quit causing so many issues for so many people and it would allow you guys time to get the unresolved orders cleaned up and finished with.  I need to drop a few hundred bucks today on some Bitcoins today.  What would you guys recommend for an alternative while I wait for this disaster to get cleaned up.  I was looking at Bitfloor and their turnaround seems alright and I hear they actually have customer service.

I agree, my thoughts exactly. There site is down now, but not before I stuck my cash in there.. God how fucking frustrating is this.. If I would have come here first before making deposit It wouldnt have happened to me.. Seems by keeping site up like they did theyve now just complicated their issues.. Id imagine will lose a lot of customers as a result of these issues. My future as a customer will depend on their willingness to help me out, and get my funds to me in a reasonable time frame.

BitcoinBallin

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:02:05 PM

Ive sent several emails back and forth with rachel today about this. She says reserves are low, and users transfers are getting "Stuck
". Until reserve are back up and there is funds there, she cant do anything and the site will remain down. Also Said shed manually transfer my funds once the reserve was back up. How long does this take? Anyone have experience with this? I really cant afford to have my funds sitting there for weeks on end.. When I checked reserves at bitstamp it says $961.00. Since doing the cash deposit with bitinstant, to bitstamp this morning, theyve taken off the deposit to bitstamp function, and theyre site is now down. They also told me this morning that the cash deposit to bitcoin address function would be back up this evening, but Im not sure if thats safe to use either, and how many ppl are going to have their funds "stuck" using that feature? Do I try that this evening, risk having almost $1,000 Tied up in cyber space, until they clear up their issues, or do I just wait to see what happens?

Honestly there reserves have been low for like a month.  Last time I used their service a few weeks ago and it took them 1 week to resolve the issue with barely any customer service.  I can confidently say that you will get your Bitcoins and your not getting ripped off but who knows how long it will take.  I would try a different service.  I am in the same boat as you I need some more Bitcoins today and I am not sure which other company I want to try out since Bitinstant is basically non operational at the moment.
shkiser

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:11:13 PM

So you think itll be atleast a week before they have the funds and can credit my account??

crazyfunmolly79

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:12:05 PM

Hey Guys.... I used bitfloor on Monday (since the rest of my money was still tied up with bitinstant).  I have to say, it was GREAT!  As long as you are near a Bank of America (BoA), and can get there during business hours.  I deposited cash at BoA, and the money was in my bitfloor account within the hour.  You can INSTANTLY buy bitcoins, and transfer them to your wallet address... took about 2.5 hours TOTAL from going into BoA with my cash, until the time my bitcoins were usable in my final wallet address.  It was my 1st time doing it this way (since I usually do a cash deposit to bitcoin wallet via bitinstant) - but I have to say... it was REALLY easy & fast.  It will probably be my new method if bitinstant stays down.  Hope this helps!
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:29:22 PM

Hi everyone

The site is down right now as you are aware, we'll be issuing a more formal statement soon explaining some of the recent issues but in the meantime if you have an outstanding order that has not executed or if you urgently need to make a transfer then please PM myself and Rachel here on the forums.

For transfers, we will need to decide on a case by case basis whether we can handle them.

crazyfunmolly79 - please don't advertise competitors on this thread - we're working on the current issues and will not be remaining down.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: