Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:35:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
bakedrice

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 07:04:50 PM

8,000,000 LISK for the Lisk core team.
The Lisk core team will receive 8,000,000 LISK

I hope that amount of 8,000,000 for core team also decrease when BTC ICO deposit increase (?)

i agree. maybe you can increase the first day bonus from 200,000 to 2,000,000.

as they always say, your customer is your most important asset.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:12:56 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 07:26:19 PM by MalReynolds

I hope that amount of 8,000,000 for core team also decrease when BTC ICO deposit increase (?)

Everybody sees money on the table from a successful ICO and now want to grab a bigger piece of the unexpectedly big pie.   These large sums we are receiving give the founders MUCH more capability and motivation to improve Lisk in the future and see its market cap grow by doubling over and over.  Giving the guys in the driver's seat of Lisk this chance is MUCH more important than bumping up the donor's holdings by a paltry 14% today, only to see future growth stunted and perhaps not even double once.  

Look beyond your greed.  Control your jealousy.  Trust the guys who have put this together and give them some resources and room to run this Lisk ball down the field for a major score in the future.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:13:57 PM

Except those customers have already purchased the product (1st day even) so there is not only little incentive to increase the bonus, it doesn't exactly make sense financially.

I understand why you ask (who doesn't like free coins), but being realistic, it wouldn't seem like it'd make much sense to just give away 1.8M coins for no real reason.

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:20:49 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 08:14:35 PM by MalReynolds

maybe you can increase the first day bonus from 200,000 to 2,000,000....as they always say, your customer is your most important asset.

Donors are not customers.  People who will put dapps on Lisk sidechains are the customers here.

Donors will not make a profit during this ICO.  Donors are not SUPPOSED to make money during this ICO.  

The point of donating to Lisk was to put a big pile of resources in the hands of Max and Olivier so they could improve Lisk beyond Crypti 0.5.5 and make Lisk THE major player in sidechains and dapps.

Now that resources are being put in their hands to accomplish the goal you originally donated for, you suddenly want to take some of those resources OUT of their hands just because it is becoming a BIG pile of resources?

That's greed talking.  

Get a grip on yourself.  Stick to the original reason why you made the donation to Lisk.

Profit comes later, as the Lisk code versions go past 0.5.5 and the open market rewards increasing capabilities in Lisk by increasing its value on the exchanges.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:28:55 PM

Will there be also a LAST MINUTE REWARD for LAST MOVER on the last day?

Like 500k LISK for all Last mover?

This would be bring some more BTC.  Wink
amanai

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:36:45 PM

Oh yea...off-course..customer is most important asset. I'm initial Crypti founder. And that was the fundamental mistake we did in Crypti - always hear community. If we would convert all the BTC from Crypti ICO we could make a great PR for now. But many of "customers" worried if we stole their money. So where we are? All gone for developing to bring technology we promised, but no money left to bring it to world. And the community management system for money was a mistake. So please follow the only rule - if u believe - invest, otherwise no need in hints. So back to "customer is most important asset". Not always customer know what is good for product. U saw the rules of this ICO if u already participated please don't panhandle. I'm more confident now in during product strategy. It must be as a StartUp and the only one man should control money. Most of u worry that they get to much asking to decrease or increase blame them. It's wrong. What for? To sell once they hit an exchange and earn some money. U dont think about future, ur not going to spent that decreased amount of Lisk much clever! I bet u just want to sell them. That's why HELL NO. I'm sure devs will spent that amount much clever with more benefit for entire ecosystem, than your thirst to make cash as quickly as possible.
 U all here because u want to earn money. So please dont distract developers with your greediness.
Krista

Activity: 463

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:39:20 PM

Where can I get a wallet?
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:40:02 PM

Where can I get a wallet?
there's no wallet yet, it will be released at the ico end
Will there be also a LAST MINUTE REWARD for LAST MOVER on the last day?

Like 500k LISK for all Last mover?

This would be bring some more BTC.  Wink

buyers will come the last day, with or without bonus, as usual, K btc will be made the last hours

I know why your pray will never be answered!
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:46:39 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 08:12:17 PM by MalReynolds

Ooooh the irony...  Talk about Centralization of the Lisk Decentralized Application & Sidechain Platform  Undecided

What's the irony here?  I honestly don't get it.  In my example, the OtherLisk coin is far more centralized (with one central dev and zero additional social / consulting outreach funds) than Lisk (with two devs and and additional $84K to draw in additional people).

Besides, comparing the centralization levels of a software development team with the decentralized software product they create is comparing apples to oranges.

Also, before you change the subject - do you really think the 1% founder reward OtherLisk your propose sounds better than Lisk itself after the analysis above?
bitseedmike

Activity: 432

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 07:50:47 PM

Oh yea...off-course..customer is most important asset. I'm initial Crypti founder. And that was the fundamental mistake we did in Crypti - always hear community. If we would convert all the BTC from Crypti ICO we could make a great PR for now. But many of "customers" worried if we stole their money. So where we are? All gone for developing to bring technology we promised, but no money left to bring it to world. And the community management system for money was a mistake. So please follow the only rule - if u believe - invest, otherwise no need in hints. So back to "customer is most important asset". Not always customer know what is good for product. U saw the rules of this ICO if u already participated please don't panhandle. I'm more confident now in during product strategy. It must be as a StartUp and the only one man should control money. Most of u worry that they get to much asking to decrease or increase blame them. It's wrong. What for? To sell once they hit an exchange and earn some money. U dont think about future, ur not going to spent that decreased amount of Lisk much clever! I bet u just want to sell them. That's why HELL NO. I'm sure devs will spent that amount much clever with more benefit for entire ecosystem, than your thirst to make cash as quickly as possible.
 U all here because u want to earn money. So please dont distract developers with your greediness.

Armanai is correct. The two largest problems which hampered Crypti were agreeing to an investment cap instead of letting the market determine how much would be invested, also allowing late-comers to participate (750 BTC sold out in 5 days), and the other problem was the largest problem created by the consensus decision making process of the Foundation - not being able to diversify out of BTC and respond to quickly changing market conditions to preserve the value of the holdings.

Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:41:37 PM

Let's be honest, the amount of BTC collected is a suprise, and not a small one.
When, after the first few days I seen just how successful this ICO'll be, I wanted to bring up the fixed 8 million Lisk as an issue.

But after some thought I decided not to bring it up, instead asked about plans for spending the collected BTC. Because I believe that when someone runs his own project/business their true financial rewards should come when and if the project is successful.

So I think the 8 million Lisk is more than fair. However the success of the ICO, and therefore the increased market value of their Lisk, should be reflected on the salaries being paid for Max and Oliver going forward. If I see market rate or above salaries for their work I'll be pissed. While it sounds fair at first to pay themselves competitive wages, it's not really the case IMHO. Those rates would result in more than half (SWAG, I'm too lazy to look up german wages) of the ICO funds being paid out as salaries within two years. Then...Crypti redux.

I'm not saying that they should starve, but let's just say if it would up to me I would keep them hungry, metaphorically.
But as they will have complete control over the collected funds, it's all up for their discretion.
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:22:48 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 10:33:15 PM by punkrock

I created a News Channel for Lisk on Telegram. If you want to get important news about Lisk directly on your smartphone, desktop, tablet or any other device, please download the Telegram Messenger and search for "LiskNews" or just visit https://telegram.me/LiskNews on your device to subscribe to the channel. It's a great way to stay informed about Lisk. You'll receive every post from the admins (currently me, but I will add Max if he want to) directly on your device. Cool ha?

By the way: Telegram is the better WhatsApp with much more security features and other cool stuff.

PapillonV

Activity: 593

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:38:18 PM

It will be better than Crypti!
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:30:34 PM

I created a News Channel for Lisk on Telegram. If you want to get important news about Lisk directly on your smartphone, desktop, tablet or any other device, please download the Telegram Messenger and search for "LiskNews" or just visit https://telegram.me/LiskNews on your device to subscribe to the channel. It's a great way to stay informed about Lisk. You'll receive every post from the admins (currently me, but I will add Max if he want to) directly on your device. Cool ha?

By the way: Telegram is the better WhatsApp with much more security features and other cool stuff.

Great work, thanks!

I prefer Conversations or sometimes LibreSignal but I'll look at that.

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:17:46 AM

Let's be honest, the amount of BTC collected is a suprise, and not a small one.
When, after the first few days I seen just how successful this ICO'll be, I wanted to bring up the fixed 8 million Lisk as an issue.

But after some thought I decided not to bring it up, instead asked about plans for spending the collected BTC. Because I believe that when someone runs his own project/business their true financial rewards should come when and if the project is successful.

So I think the 8 million Lisk is more than fair. However the success of the ICO, and therefore the increased market value of their Lisk, should be reflected on the salaries being paid for Max and Oliver going forward. If I see market rate or above salaries for their work I'll be pissed. While it sounds fair at first to pay themselves competitive wages, it's not really the case IMHO. Those rates would result in more than half (SWAG, I'm too lazy to look up german wages) of the ICO funds being paid out as salaries within two years. Then...Crypti redux.

I'm not saying that they should starve, but let's just say if it would up to me I would keep them hungry, metaphorically.
But as they will have complete control over the collected funds, it's all up for their discretion.

This is something that needs to be addressed during the detailed business development plan which should include detailing fund management among other things.

On a personal note, I see the 8 million LISK as a bonus to their future salary, where reaching certain milestones in the development of LISK enables them a certain amount from the fund.

They could also go the Ethereum way, where they allocate 20% of their salaries into supporting LISK by buying at current market price.

There are many things to consider going forward. Any suggestion from the community should considered, and before making any final decisions, drafts for the business plans and consequent fund management should be released to the community.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:23:49 AM

What prices people expect to see on this one? 
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:43:12 AM

+
Nice for Lisk Community
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:47:55 AM

Well if it becomes very successful, I think we could get prices close to ETH's price like $1, $2 or even $5 per Lisk. Things will be pretty interesting for Lisk once it launches officially so investing into the ICO might be the smart choice now. Since JavaScript is a very popular programming language, it could make Lisk move forward to new heights.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:10:51 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2016, 02:44:04 AM by MalReynolds

Well if it becomes very successful, I think we could get prices close to ETH's price like $1, $2 or even $5 per Lisk. Things will be pretty interesting for Lisk once it launches officially so investing into the ICO might be the smart choice now. Since JavaScript is a very popular programming language, it could make Lisk move forward to new heights.  Grin

Call me a cynic, but my personal opinion is the Ethereum price explosion is due to the recent Chinese government capital controls to prevent the flow of money out of China.  Everybody in China is expecting an official devaluation of the yuan in the near future.  This means you either sit around and watch your savings get clobbered or you move them out of China into some other asset.   Cryptocurrency exchange is one of the current scams to get the money across the Chinese border electronically. See:

http://www.coindesk.com/china-wanxiang-blockchain-50-million-fund/

http://allcoinsnews.com/2015/10/20/ethereum-sees-growing-china-interest-focuses-on-four-major-rd-areas/

There is no fundamental reason for Ethereum to be pushing $10, just as there is no fundamental reason for the current insane housing market in Vancouver, Canada:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-29/pretty-freaking-nuts-vancouver-home-sells-735000-above-asking-price

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-04/ridiculous-joke-abandoned-rotting-vancouver-house-listed-72-million

It's all about getting on the Chinese money laundering gravy train.

So while I am all for serious JavaScript code development in Lisk, in reality getting Lisk on many Chinese exchanges rapidly and going to meetings with businessmen in Hong Kong and Shanghai are the quickest way to reach $5 per Lisk.

Lisk QQ Group: 377193016
Chinese Name for Lisk: 应用链, means "Chain of Dapps"

All you guys out there wanting a clawback of some of these juicy donations you see piling up:  

Stop trying to enrich yourselves and start demanding instead that the Lisk Foundation use some of the "extra" funds to establish an official full-time dedicated Chinese outreach branch.

The main goal of Lisk Chinese outreach should be to get us listed on Huobi and OKCoin as soon as possible.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:20:16 AM

Sound good! Get the chinese on board  Grin

I've read that Mark Hart, hedge funds manager, expect that when the devaluation of the yuan is there, the Chinese will massively start buying BTC as well.. and that 1 BTC now could be very cheap..

How many one will get with 1BTC, how much would 1 lisk cost approximately?
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: