Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GoldenKnight369

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:56:16 AM

Guys,

I can't fathom why anyone would continue to trade on BTER when YOU have been WARNED repeatedly that it is a SCAM site by numerous members of BTT community umpteen times!

A quick look at their wallet will reveal that BTER simply DOES NOT have enough coins to cover their balance sheets! Just do a simple math and add up all the qora listed for sale on BTER and compare the number to the fund available in their wallet!

Please stop trading on BTER and just let the site die already! Take Heed: Poloniex and CCEDK are the ONLY reliable ones at the moment. You have been warned: Withdraw all your coins from BTER immediately. Don't come crying on Qora board when you find out you cannot withdraw the qora you bought on BTER.

I can verify that BTER is, essentially, now defunct.  Assuming you want to recover some funds, rather than none, try to do your research and see if any of the coins they offer can be successfully withdrawn.  If that's the case, dump your remaining balances for BTC or CNY and purchase those coins.  Transfer them out of BTER to a more usable exchange.

The problem is that a while ago (what, a year, or so?) BTER claims they were hacked and lost a significant portion of their funds.  Having no funds available within many of their wallets, they don't have the funds to pay back user balances.  Claiming issues with blockchain wallets it just away to get around not having a contingency plan.

My hunch is that they are trying to scrape by and rebuild whatever meager business they can.  In order to avoid significant litigation, they probably (and this is a wild guess) are only paying attention to Chinese users with moderate balances.  This isn't because of prejudice.  It's more-likely because a Chinese local with a $10k balance of crypto is more likely to litigate (if that's even possible) than a US or European resident who has the same balance.

I'm sorry to hear if you have withdrawals stuck in limbo.  Unfortunately, BTER has proven time and time again that they are completely incompetent, unreliable and untrustworthy.

Begrudgingly I moved over to Poloniex since it has significant volume (ETH trading is over 20k BTC/day?!)  There is also CCEDK which I think deserves support but the last time I checked, their volume was so low, significant trades were not feasible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:18:04 PM

exchanges wont matter once acct is implemented for btc and ltc good luck getiing these prices again once it is,
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:19:49 PM

exchanges wont matter once acct is implemented for btc and ltc good luck getiing these prices again once it is,

Is there a time goal for accomplishing this?

wasref

Activity: 555

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:21:08 PM

Is there a time goal for accomplishing this?

we have to speak to someone named vbcs to know. sitback and enjoy the ride.i see $4million market cap
fher98

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 05:03:45 PM

Finally, after jumping around a dozen threads...!!!! Ive read about 1 -5 minutes block time, but how many confirmations to start forging?

thanks

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
qora.team (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:59:14 PM

Finally, after jumping around a dozen threads...!!!! Ive read about 1 -5 minutes block time, but how many confirmations to start forging?

thanks

Quote from: qora
The algorithm will allow accounts to start generating blocks after only 10 confirmations.

Real average block time: 5 min 15 sec.
http://qora.co.in/?gen=20
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:03:13 PM

thanks

Why have you been looking for that specific block time?

Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:11:34 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 03:26:25 AM by Breasal

The polo wallet seems to be causing a problem with multiple chains. We really need more people forging to make the chain stable. We should have 100s of nodes not a dozen.

btw: I'm curious - what allows for multiple chains? Is consensus only proved by the majority of peers (or total weight?) accepting the block, thereby promoting the current chain? If so, basically whatever chain polo and another (or a couple) of other heavy wallets accept, that's the chain afaik. The v25.1 peers section is good to analyze how this is working.

@Skerbus or other dev, is there a way to prompt an off-chain wallet to "back up" to the most recent check point and re-sync rather than having to delete and add a "clean" data folder? This seems to happen during new installs or reconnections after being offline but I'm not sure how to manually "initiate" this call. Cheers.
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 03:16:09 AM

The polo wallet seems to be causing a problem with multiple chains. We really need more people forging to make the chain stable. We should have 100s of nodes not a dozen.

Hi.   What wallet is being recommended?  Thanks
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:22:40 AM

Here's the latest:

Wallet v0.25.1 has been released and you can find it here: https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases/tag/0.25.1

The release includes the following updates:

• A Hard Fork is scheduled for February 25. In this regard:
    - To increase the security of Qora.
    - Improved network portion. Wallet selects the best nodes. Permission to use the same IP.
    - Allowed messages with zero amount. Now you can send the assets with message.
    - Optional multiple payments in ArbitraryTransaction.
  • Improved section Peers. After Hard Fork, there will be a visible version of each of the connected node.
  • Added TestNet mode. command line key "-testnet".
  • If there is no connection, it will load the list of trusted peers from the Internet.
  • Added commenting in the blogs. There is a delete function.
  • Added visual editor for websites.
  • The dialogue prompt for password to unlock the wallet when performing actions in the Web.
  • Improved Asset Exchange section.
  • Added voting within assets.
  • Auto update Asset Favorites for non-zero balances.
  • Added to the menu item to unlock the wallet.
  • Added hotkeys for all menu items.
  • Added Closing dialog.
  • Display the synchronization status in tooltip in systray. Also added wallet synchronization status.
  • Added new API commands.
  • Minor optimizations and bug fixes.

In this release is made work on the bugs.

Now there is a version for Windows.

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 03:36:55 AM

Here's the latest:

Wallet v0.25.1 has been released and you can find it here: https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases/tag/0.25.1

The release includes the following updates:

• A Hard Fork is scheduled for February 25. In this regard:
    - To increase the security of Qora.
    - Improved network portion. Wallet selects the best nodes. Permission to use the same IP.
    - Allowed messages with zero amount. Now you can send the assets with message.
    - Optional multiple payments in ArbitraryTransaction.
  • Improved section Peers. After Hard Fork, there will be a visible version of each of the connected node.
  • Added TestNet mode. command line key "-testnet".
  • If there is no connection, it will load the list of trusted peers from the Internet.
  • Added commenting in the blogs. There is a delete function.
  • Added visual editor for websites.
  • The dialogue prompt for password to unlock the wallet when performing actions in the Web.
  • Improved Asset Exchange section.
  • Added voting within assets.
  • Auto update Asset Favorites for non-zero balances.
  • Added to the menu item to unlock the wallet.
  • Added hotkeys for all menu items.
  • Added Closing dialog.
  • Display the synchronization status in tooltip in systray. Also added wallet synchronization status.
  • Added new API commands.
  • Minor optimizations and bug fixes.

In this release is made work on the bugs.

Now there is a version for Windows.

Thanks...that worked great!
agran

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:28:34 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 07:38:42 AM by agran

Now you can make the payment even with the phone, knowing your seed:
http://qora.co.in/light/payment.html

Moreover, seed is not sent anywhere, the signing of the transaction by private key happens directly in the browser.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:23:26 AM

Moreover, seed is not sent anywhere, the signing of the transaction by private key happens directly in the browser.

Nice addition!!

Handy & useful.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
neogen1

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 10:10:00 AM

whats the stakerate apr?

qora.team (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:59:33 AM

whats the stakerate apr?
http://qora.co.in/?gen=20 Very little income from forging.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:40:28 PM

Very useful indeed. This will make Qora even more versatile for payments anytime anywhere. It is also good for making micro transactions for tipping etc. Now the only thing left to do is to make a Qora wallet for mobile devices like Android and iOS. Just suggesting.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
qora.team (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:56:47 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 12:14:03 AM by qora.team

Solution how to set up a node on Ubuntu Server.

Ubuntu Server 12.04 / 12.10 / 13.04 / 13.10 / 14.04 / 15.05 / 15.10 fresh install.

Code:
sudo su -
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade -y
reboot

Code:
sudo su -
apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk screen unzip -y
cd ~/Qora
java -jar Qora.jar -cli                                        #IF UPDATE
GET qora/stop                                                  #IT GIVES THE ERROR
CTRL+C                                                         #IF UPDATE
cd ~
wget https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases/download/0.25.1/Qora_v0.25.1.zip
unzip -o Qora_v0.25.1.zip
cd Qora
rm -R data                                                     #OPTIONAL
chmod 777 run.sh
screen -d -m -S qora ./run.sh
That's all. Qora will work in the background.

To check screen qora:
Code:
screen -r qora

To minimize sreen qora:
Ctrl+A D

To get info in console:
Code:
echo "Last block: " && curl http://127.0.0.1:9085/blocks/height && echo -e "\nConnections:" && curl http://127.0.0.1:9085/peers && echo
or
Code:
echo "Last block: " && curl http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/blockexplorer.json?lastBlock && echo

Recommended virtual server with 2GB of RAM and swap enabled.
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:59:24 AM

Can you help me get this thing running? I last tried with version 18 but had too many issues. Now I think I'm close to getting it running.

Using Mac OSX 10.9.4
Downloaded and ran version 25.
When I saw how long it would take to sync, I stopped it with Control-C and then clicking the red X on the form.
Downloaded a Data folder from three days ago and replaced the original data folder. Deleted the Wallet folder.

On restart, get a message that says "STARTUP ERROR! Network port 9084 already in use!"

What can I do?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
qora.team (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:36:59 AM

Can you help me get this thing running? I last tried with version 18 but had too many issues. Now I think I'm close to getting it running.

Using Mac OSX 10.9.4
Downloaded and ran version 25.
When I saw how long it would take to sync, I stopped it with Control-C and then clicking the red X on the form.
Downloaded a Data folder from three days ago and replaced the original data folder. Deleted the Wallet folder.

On restart, get a message that says "STARTUP ERROR! Network port 9084 already in use!"

What can I do?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Please install version 0.25.1.

To start, try to restart the computer.
kunac

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:33:23 AM

The web wallet that have NXT or XEM  would be much more attractive to new users like me. It is really incredible that the coin with a lot more features then closest competitors is more than 10x cheaper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: