Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:12:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xyz

Activity: 1848
Merit: 772

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:42:35 PM

I don't know what is the best for Qora...
But I know that we should find an agreement what is for all acceptable! Discussion is good, but if the discussion get out of control (if people are no more friendly) then this is bad for all of us!!!!
I have seen that @CIYAM have done a very good job for Qora (so I mean his opinion is very important for our community) and I don't love all big players (like microsoft) because as larger somebody is as more he want to make all rules for all things - therefor I would stay away from Azure...
On the other hand @jwinterm has arguments and he is trying to give us HIS opinion. Maybe he is right to play with the big people as much as necessary... But the problem is nobody knows what the the future will bring  - it can be that we are today unable to see, what Azure or microsoft can do to our Qora!

Please to all, can we think a little bit longer? Can we watch what is happening to the other coins in azure and then maybe in some month we can speak again about joining or not!?

Agreement is wholly irrelevant. Every Qora developer, every person on this thread, and every person who owns a single Qora could all agree that Qora should not be on Azure, and it wouldn't matter - anyone with a Github account and enough knowledge to get Qora running on a Linux machine can make the pull request to Azure's Github account with an install script and a readme, sign the agreement themselves, and then Qora will be on Azure.

I don't know what you are trying to tell me... But I know I love Qora a long time and I will stay as long as I feel good with this coin. If things are changed in a matter I don't love I sell all my Qora and stay away.

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 03:42:52 PM

Agreement is wholly irrelevant. Every Qora developer, every person on this thread, and every person who owns a single Qora could all agree that Qora should not be on Azure, and it wouldn't matter - anyone with a Github account and enough knowledge to get Qora running on a Linux machine can make the pull request to Azure's Github account with an install script and a readme, sign the agreement themselves, and then Qora will be on Azure.

So please do that and stop posting here (for someone who supposedly doesn't have hardly any QORA and doesn't care your continued posting makes you look very much like a liar).

I don't think that this community really needs members such as yourself.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:47:21 PM

So please do that and stop posting here (for someone who supposedly doesn't have hardly any QORA and doesn't care your continued posting makes you look very much like a liar).

I don't think that this community really needs members such as yourself.

I certainly own more Qora than you, since you admit to having zero. If you think I'm off topic or something there's a report button, or this is a self-moderated thread, so you ping the person who started it and ask them to delete my posts. I don't think I care whether or not you think this community needs members such as myself.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 03:49:58 PM

I certainly own more Qora than you, since you admit to having zero.

And any value that they have are mostly due to the CIYAM Developers having added AT to the coin (please try to remember that - and yes you're welcome).

I am not worrying about trying to censure you but am just pointing out that your claims don't add up (you repeatedly have said you have little QORA and you don't care about Azure - but you never stop posting about supporting it - any rational person can see you are being inconsistent).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

ashi404

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:58:37 PM

I'll say it again, I don't care if Qora gets on Azure, I don't think it matters much either way, but the idea that if it does go up on Azure that Microsoft is going to somehow own or exercise control over future development of Qora is just unsupported by reality.

And I'll say this just once (as I don't need to repeat myself unlike you).

Why would MS bother to enforce you to make an agreement that just gives them ownership of a README file and an installation script?

And how do you think MS is going to profit from this?
(or do you think they are offering free cloud services from the good of their heart)

And again (this part I will repeat) you say you have virtually no Qora and you don't care - but here you are posting again in support of Azure - why?

I'm not in support of MS or Azure, just supporting facts, logic, and reality. MS bother's to enforce an agreement that gives them ownership of a readme and installation script because you are storing those files on their github repo, so I'm guessing if the installation script did something malicious or unintended, that would give them complete freedom to modify or delete the script.

Yay! Bter opened qora withdrawal. I have successfully withdrew 4 btc worth of qora from bter just now. Guys hurry up! Smiley
teletobi

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:24:39 PM

I had a Break in Cryptos for about a Year due to lots of Work. Can someone tell me if this qora is the Coin I had some ORA Assets at nxt AE? I just looked in my nxt Account and saw that I transferred them to NXT-G7QA-2KUA-BLLZ-5FUCY in February last Year. So do I have a Stake here?

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
OutLiar

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:13:28 PM

I certainly own more Qora than you, since you admit to having zero.

And any value that they have are mostly due to the CIYAM Developers having added AT to the coin (please try to remember that - and yes you're welcome).

I am not worrying about trying to censure you but am just pointing out that your claims don't add up (you repeatedly have said you have little QORA and you don't care about Azure - but you never stop posting about supporting it - any rational person can see you are being inconsistent).

As a new member to the community I will support the decision of the CIYAM developers on the Azure debate.  I hope that everyone can maintain a long term outlook and focus on building a community where everyone (new and old) are welcomed.

Any value that those coins have may be due to CIYAM Developers, but as a new investor, your attitude is not one that I support.  Regardless of whoever posts whatever, remember these coins have NO value if enough community members walk away.  It's a cyclical thing, not developers at the top, investors at the bottom.  We help get the word out for this coin-- for you, for free so you can continue to do your thing and be ''the future'' and not the past (please try to remember that - and yes you're welcome).

I hope you guys get PR because I will not be sending anyone to this thread until I see more professionalism from developers.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:25:34 PM

I had a Break in Cryptos for about a Year due to lots of Work. Can someone tell me if this qora is the Coin I had some ORA Assets at nxt AE? I just looked in my nxt Account and saw that I transferred them to NXT-G7QA-2KUA-BLLZ-5FUCY in February last Year. So do I have a Stake here?

I think you have no stake in Qora. There was some dude who called himself Kora that was so pissed off that he missed the ICO and felt so sorry for missing out on a stake that he started his own MS currency on the AE. Sorry man. Send me your qora addy and I'll send you a few if you want to stick around.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:30:34 PM

Any value that those coins have may be due to CIYAM Developers, but as a new investor, your attitude is not one that I support.

The opinion of a newbie account who has done absolutely nothing doesn't really concern me (you are most likely just a sock-puppet as how would a newbie even know about all of this?).

It's funny how such newbie accounts suddenly appear in huge topics such as this when some controversy has happened (are you going to tell me that you read through this entire topic newbie - and the other Qora topics as well?).

OutLiar

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:42:15 PM

I do my homework before investing into anything.  I believe in what you guys are working towards.  I don't have to like your attitude for you to make me money.  I just wanted to let you know what it looks like from someone coming in early.

FWIW, I, like you, do not believe it's a good idea join Microsoft in anything.  You have said it better than I, in fact. 

You just come off as a dick.  So did Steve Jobs and he changed the world. 

Thank you for your dedication to the project, I and many others appreciate it.

xyz

Activity: 1848
Merit: 772

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:43:11 PM

Any value that those coins have may be due to CIYAM Developers, but as a new investor, your attitude is not one that I support.

The opinion of a newbie account who has done absolutely nothing doesn't really concern me (you are most likely just a sock-puppet as how would a newbie even know about all of this?).

It's funny how such newbie accounts suddenly appear in huge topics such as this when some controversy has happened (are you going to tell me that you read through this entire topic newbie - and the other Qora topics as well?).

PLEASE @CIYAM, I like your work and I thought you are a very nice fellow - but it isn't necessary to write such comments! Don't read what you don't like!!!! Or at least don't comment it!
I think every body (too a newbie) have the right to write his opinion).
Let us be a good community!!! With different opinions!

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:46:17 PM

I do my homework before investing into anything.

Really - so as a newbie who hasn't used the forum for more than a few weeks you have somehow read the entire history of Qora?

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:47:20 PM

I think every body (too a newbie) have the right to write his opinion).
Let us be a good community!!! With different opinions!

I am fine with him having his opinion and you should be fine with me expressing mine as well thank you.

Also - if not wanting to "get into bed with MS" makes me a "dick" then I am fine with that.

OutLiar

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:59:29 PM

I do my homework before investing into anything.

Really - so as a newbie who hasn't used the forum for more than a few weeks you have somehow read the entire history of Qora?

I've read through the threads to get an overview of the project has progressed.  I've only recently signed up and begun to participate, typically I lurk.  If you think that I'm some troll account, you're wrong.  I have a significant stake in QORA, so many angles are in play for me when watching you and your team.  Public relations, also known as, likability is a big part of emerging companies.

I don't wish to carry this conversation on any farther as I believe it will end up doing more harm than good for both you and I.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 06:04:08 PM

I have a significant stake in QORA, so many angles are in play for me when watching you and your team.  Public relations, also known as, likability is a big part of emerging companies.

If you have studied Qora then you should know that I am not a developer (for it) and that CIYAM Developers were only responsible for AT (not the coin itself).

As far as PR goes I don't think that this project has anyone even working on that (and the Burst PR team ended up stealing all the funds so the #1 PR article we should have had about the first ACCT between two blockchains was never even published back when that occurred).

If you'd like to provide some PR then I'd think that would probably be welcomed (and if you have such a stake then surely that is in your interest).

Basically I prefer not to be even publicly involved so if you think I am a problem for PR then that isn't really such a problem (I've only been posting a lot in the last few days because I think the Azure idea is a bad one).

JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:22:58 PM

Hmmm....yes, everyone is welcome. Very Good!

for you, for free so you can continue to do your thing and be ''the future'' and not the past (please try to remember that - and yes you're welcome).

FREEDOM
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:40:43 PM

I think you have no stake in Qora. There was some dude who called himself Kora that was so pissed off that he missed the ICO and felt so sorry for missing out on a stake that he started his own MS currency on the AE. Sorry man. Send me your qora addy and I'll send you a few if you want to stick around.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0

Hmm, I haven´t bought this Asset, it was transferred to my Account in August 2014. Do you have a Link to the First Announcement Thread?

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
spijker46

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 10:41:54 PM

Joined Qora today.. Installed on my windows and linux pc at the moment. Synchronizing right now. Really awesome and interesting Smiley
Ayle56

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:54:06 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 10:27:36 PM by Ayle56

Someone has started a new poll asking if Qora should pay $13 a month to join Azure BaaS, or give Microsoft intellectual property rights to join for free?

CIYAM is happy to continue supporting Qora if we pay to join, thereby retaining all intellectual property rights. I would rather retain his services because I consider his work valuable. NEMcoin chose to pay, and I would be happy to contribute towards a crowdfund for Qora to join.

Rather than argue with each other we should put our money where out mouth is, and vote for whatever we want. Please vote in the new poll.
tobsnn

Activity: 573

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 12:09:29 AM

I do my homework before investing into anything.  I believe in what you guys are working towards.  I don't have to like your attitude for you to make me money.  I just wanted to let you know what it looks like from someone coming in early.

FWIW, I, like you, do not believe it's a good idea join Microsoft in anything.  You have said it better than I, in fact. 

You just come off as a dick.  So did Steve Jobs and he changed the world. 

Thank you for your dedication to the project, I and many others appreciate it.

You have touched my heart

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: