Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:38:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
agran

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:29:26 AM

- Sample custom Qora application by agran (Vanity Address Generator): https://github.com/agran/VanitygenQora
It's better - https://github.com/agran/VanitygenQoraPure

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:49:29 PM

Great to see the dramatic change around in Qora' fortunes - it's nice to have the old gut instinct finally vindicated!

Kudos to the development team  Smiley
space_invader

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:02:30 PM

I had a strong urge to sell at the very bottom at 3 satoshi but resisted the temptation.
Now I regret not having bought more ;-)
Thank you DEV team for vision and persistence Smiley
ikonic1

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:11:59 PM

I'm wondering why QORA has such a high trading volume. I look on Poloniex every day and typically we are talking about > 100 BTC. In the last 24 hours, the volume has been ~280 BTC. Can someone explain why there is such interest in QORA in contrast to other alt-coins, most of which have only a fraction of QORA's volume?

Moreover, I note that the price has risen from around 10 satoshis a couple of weeks ago to around 25 - 35 satoshis. Can anyone account for this rise?
l77fernandes

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:24:40 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 02:37:42 PM by l77fernandes

To all prospective developers or web designers who wish to build custom web-based wallets or custom software applications on the Qora Platform:

Qora is a versatile and stable platform that offers a full suite of JSON API that are accessible via standard HTTP REST calls such as this one: http://127.0.0.1:9085/qora/status (For checking Qora Client's status)..  All of Qora's functionalities (including Arbitrary Message and Automated Transaction) are exposed by the JSON API and accessible via standard HTTP calls, and can be used by any web designer or software developer to create custom wallet interface or custom applications on top of Qora Platform.

1. A web designer or any individual who wishes to develop custom wallet interface for Qora can simply include the wallet html files in the Qora web storage (located under Qora/Web), and then compile the wallet.  As mentioned in my previous post, the old generic Swing GUI will be gradually phased out in favor of the new Web-based GUI.  So it's recommended that anyone who is interested in developing a custom wallet ditch the Swing interface and go for web-based interface instead.  Smiley

Here are two resources to get you started:

- Latest Qora API documentation: http://api.qora.org/ (Current Version: V0.25)

- Complete Idiot's Guide to Compile a Qora Wallet (Unofficial): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881230.msg10789056#msg10789056

2. A software developer can create custom applications on top of Qora by utilizing all of Qora's functionalities exposed by the JSON API accessible at local port: 9085.  All you need to do is to make a http REST call from inside your application. So even a kid can do it.  Grin   

- Sample custom Qora application by agran (Vanity Address Generator): https://github.com/agran/VanitygenQora

- Custom Qora interface developed by qora.team: https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/tree/0.26.0/Qora/web

----------------------------

Feel free to join Qora's Slack Channel if you have any question regarding custom wallet or application development: http://slack.qora.co.in/

I'm not getting cash out Qora in BTER can help me?
Em_Ka

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:39:59 PM

wallet is beautiful Kiss
agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:56:14 PM

0.26.0 will the latest version on which I work. I sold my share.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
M0ndialu

Activity: 819

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 02:57:54 PM

To all prospective developers or web designers who wish to build custom web-based wallets or custom software applications on the Qora Platform:

Qora is a versatile and stable platform that offers a full suite of JSON API that are accessible via standard HTTP REST calls such as this one: http://127.0.0.1:9085/qora/status (For checking Qora Client's status)..  All of Qora's functionalities (including Arbitrary Message and Automated Transaction) are exposed by the JSON API and accessible via standard HTTP calls, and can be used by any web designer or software developer to create custom wallet interface or custom applications on top of Qora Platform.

1. A web designer or any individual who wishes to develop custom wallet interface for Qora can simply include the wallet html files in the Qora web storage (located under Qora/Web), and then compile the wallet.  As mentioned in my previous post, the old generic Swing GUI will be gradually phased out in favor of the new Web-based GUI.  So it's recommended that anyone who is interested in developing a custom wallet ditch the Swing interface and go for web-based interface instead.  Smiley

- Latest Qora API documentation: http://api.qora.org/ (Current Version: V0.25)

- Complete Idiot's Guide to Compile a Qora Wallet (Unofficial): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881230.msg10789056#msg10789056

2. A software developer can create custom applications on top of Qora by utilizing all of Qora's functionalities exposed by the JSON API accessible at local port: 9085.  All you need to do is to make a http REST call from inside your application. So even a kid can do it.  Grin  

- Custom Qora interface developed by qora.team: https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/tree/0.26.0/Qora/web

----------------------------

Feel free to join Qora's Slack Channel if you have any question regarding custom wallet or application development: http://slack.qora.co.in/

Good Job! price exploded  Shocked Shocked Shocked

l77fernandes

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:06:30 PM

wallet is beautiful Kiss

Yes, but Qora withdrawal is disabled in BTER.
Skerberus

Activity: 909
Merit: 663

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:13:50 PM

wallet is beautiful Kiss

Yes, but Qora withdrawal is disabled in BTER.

You can't withdraw qora from BTER for a long time. They never replied to my mails to help them, so there is not much we can do unfortunately.
Several people warned in this thread multiple times not to trade Qora on BTER. You should try to contact BTER yourself, but to be honest I don't see a big chance to get those qora out of there.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:51:58 PM

0.26.0 will the latest version on which I work. I sold my share.

Sad times. Thank you for all of your effort to date. You with the other have made Qora what it is. I hope someone will take over the block explorer and all of the wallet updates. Has someone contacted you about this?
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:59:10 PM

I sold my shares at 3 sats (I KNOW!!!!!!!) only because I needed some quick funds, and in the coming weeks I planned to use some profits to buy back in... even if the price was double, I thought I could skim some funds because Qora hadn't been doing much.

Biggest, mistake, this, year. Sad

I never hope for a "crash" at others expense but if it does go waaaaay back down for no reason apparent reason, I'll be picking up my stake again.

Good work, though.  I still follow the project and I'm impressed with everyone's efforts.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 05:09:03 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 05:22:51 PM by CIYAM

Although perhaps unknown to many on this forum the CIYAM Developers have been developing a new kind of blockchain technology for the last couple of years (it isn't ready for use yet but is getting close to completion).

As the CIYAM Developers have been involved with Qora for some time we are now considering the idea of perhaps creating a clone of Qora that works using the principles of the CIYAM blockchain (which is not POS but instead a POW for account creation that then works on hash-chains for block creation) as a trial of the concept.

The final CIYAM blockchain won't be a coin and if this Qora clone is actually created then it won't be owned or controlled by CIYAM but instead according to rules that will be part of the coin's creation (perhaps involving those Qora holders prior to the block that was published before this post).

Such a clone would of course support AT and ACCT between Qora and itself (and Burst) so IMO it should actually help both Qora and Burst.

Also to perhaps put things in perspective (as to why I am suggesting a clone) please research Diaspora (which was a failed attempt at a decentralised social network). IMO you can't charge people to create blogs or web pages (as it will never take off) so you need a way that allows that to be free (which requires controlling the amount of accounts that can be created to avoid attacks).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:29:28 PM

Although perhaps unknown to many on this forum the CIYAM Developers have been developing a new kind of blockchain technology for the last couple of years (it isn't ready for use yet but is getting close to completion).

As the CIYAM Developers have been involved with Qora for some time we are now considering the idea of perhaps creating a clone of Qora that works using the principles of the CIYAM blockchain (which is not POS but instead a POW for account creation that then works on hash-chains for block creation) as a trial of the concept.

The final CIYAM blockchain won't be a coin and if this Qora clone is actually created then it won't be owned or controlled by CIYAM but instead according to rules that will be part of the coin's creation (perhaps involving those Qora holders prior to the block that was published before this post).

Such a clone would of course support AT and ACCT between Qora and itself (and Burst) so IMO it should actually help both Qora and Burst.

Also to perhaps put things in perspective (as to why I am suggesting a clone) please research Diaspora (which was a failed attempt at a decentralised social network). IMO you can't charge people to create blogs or web pages (as it will never take off) so you need a way that allows that to be free (which requires controlling the amount of accounts that can be created to avoid attacks).

Are you still thinking of monetizing ATfunding asset ?
GoldenKnight369

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:31:07 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 07:02:13 PM by GoldenKnight369

That's great news!! Thanks for sharing CIYAM!  Smiley

Where can we read about the proposed blockchain and the technology behind it?  Just to make it clear to our community members, there will be no coins issued, and the blockchain will supplement Qora and facilitate ACCT between all parties, right?

I'd definitely like to learn more about your plan.

Thanks!

GoldenKnight369

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:32:49 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 07:24:24 PM by GoldenKnight369

LOL.. That's too bad.  Wink

I sold my shares at 3 sats (I KNOW!!!!!!!) only because I needed some quick funds, and in the coming weeks I planned to use some profits to buy back in... even if the price was double, I thought I could skim some funds because Qora hadn't been doing much.

Biggest, mistake, this, year. Sad

I never hope for a "crash" at others expense but if it does go waaaaay back down for no reason apparent reason, I'll be picking up my stake again.

Good work, though.  I still follow the project and I'm impressed with everyone's efforts.

GoldenKnight369

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:34:10 PM

Please read some of my posts from the past couple days to get an idea..  Smiley

I'm wondering why QORA has such a high trading volume. I look on Poloniex every day and typically we are talking about > 100 BTC. In the last 24 hours, the volume has been ~280 BTC. Can someone explain why there is such interest in QORA in contrast to other alt-coins, most of which have only a fraction of QORA's volume?

Moreover, I note that the price has risen from around 10 satoshis a couple of weeks ago to around 25 - 35 satoshis. Can anyone account for this rise?

GoldenKnight369

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:38:43 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 11:47:15 PM by GoldenKnight369

A Small Update and Announcement

Some of the Qora Devs members had a discussion concerning Microsoft Azure Baas Platform, and we've agreed to explore that option after the release of V.0.26.  One of the devs will be contacting Microsoft and see how we can cooperate in order to deploy Qora Blockchain on the Microsoft Azure Cloud and join the Microsoft Azure Blockchain Baas Program. *See Update*

We believe by signing on to the Microsoft Azure program, it will add "prestige" and "legitimacy" to Qora Development.  The recognition alone will be worth the effort.  Smiley

I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Feel free to voice your opinion in this thread. Thank you!  Smiley

PS: Everything discussed in relation to Azure BaaS should be considered "tentative." The reason I posted this now is to throw this idea out here, so we can discuss the Pros and Cons as a community. Thank you.

Update: We're currently debating whether Qora should be on MS Azure's BaaS blockchain service or not, and we welcome all inputs/suggestions from the community.  

Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:03:10 PM

A Small Update and Announcement

Some of the Qora Devs members had a discussion concerning Microsoft Azure Baas Platform, and we've agreed to explore that option after the release of V.0.26.  One of the devs will be contacting Microsoft and see how we can cooperate in order to deploy Qora Blockchain on the Microsoft Azure Cloud and join the Microsoft Azure Blockchain Baas Program.

We believe by signing on to the Microsoft Azure program, it will add "prestige" and "legitimacy" to Qora Development.  The recognition alone will be worth the effort.  Smiley

I will like to hear what you guys think.

Feel free to voice your opinion in this thread. Thank you!  Smiley

FYI

From the New Economy Movement blog (http://blog.nem.io/status-on-the-azure-project/):

Status on The Azure Project
29 Mar 2016

The tech team, rb2 and Patmst3r, worked hard in getting NEM into a docker for Azure. In case some of you who may not know Azure, it is a Microsoft cloud computing platform and infrastructure. Recently, some months ago, Microsoft opened up Azure for crypto projects to place their solutions there in the cloud repository so that testers are able to download and testbed these initiatives from one location.
We spent a considerable amount of time getting this done. Unfortunately, at the last stage of our submission we were shown the agreement. In the agreement, to put our solution up there, requires us to give away all our rights. This is not quite palatable.
This article has been pretty explicit:

http://bitcoinist.net/microsoft-bullies-open-source-is-the-blockchain-their-next-target/

The agreement which is publicly available for us to peruse by Microsoft, confirms it:

http://windowsazure.github.io/docs/Contribution%20License%20Agreement.pdf

Having given it due consideration and thoughts, we have decided that NEM should be independent. Instead, we are proposing to still put it on Azure as a docker but we pay for it. By paying for it, we are assuming to be a customer of MS instead. In doing so, we are free from losing our rights as well as still prove that we are able to put it on the Azure cloud and allow testers to work on our solution without NEM losing any rights at all.
In short, putting the NEM docker on Azure, in our opinion, is nothing more than making it simpler to install, vis-à-vis via Github. Putting it on Azure also extends our solution to making it available to people who are familiar with the MS service platform.

NEM does not believe that it should lose its rights to anyone, not in the very spirit of how crypto projects are founded upon.
On that basis, NEM would like to announce that it has no intention to get itself listed in Azure for free like the rest of the other projects, unless MS waives that agreement, for which if they are sincere, they should. Instead NEM will investigate a paid addition to Azure, achieving the same goal for a cost but keeping our full rights.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 07:09:05 PM

I had a strong urge to sell at the very bottom at 3 satoshi but resisted the temptation.
Now I regret not having bought more ;-)

Congratulations! You broke the "buy high, sell low" jinx that keeps a lot of punters wondering why they keep losing. More than a few of the Internet-bubble players gave up in late 2001 or early 2002 when the stocks finally began rallying back.

It's actually hard to be a speculator, because we naturally think that trends are informational about our holdings. If your favourite alt is down in the dumps, there's something about that downtrend that really gets to you - that says, "This thing keeps going down because the market's cottoning on to it flopping." It's this inner-ear whisper - this impression - that wears folks down into selling near the bottom - or selling early on into the recovery rally.

I know of only one way to stick with an alt through thick, thin and anorexic: faith. It's as simple as that: have faith that you're HODLing the right alt, and taking in stride the feeling that you're just another bagholder.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: