Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:52:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249383 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 12:59:12 AM

Nice!

Where can I find more info about the Social Network?

If you load a QORA wallet, there is a decentralized web host setup, decentralized blogs, profiles, and blockexplorer... I'm working on getting a hosted wallet up now, so that it can be used to link people outside the wallet, to the wallet's hosted information.

This will also allow me to send an outside link to polo, and hopefully get them to unfreeze deposits and withdrawals, which will then allow me to post the roadmap, and the QrowdFunds to get development rolling faster.

Thank you everyone for your participation and enthusiasm about getting everything back on track with QORA. Your efforts will not be in vain!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theduuude

Activity: 194
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:05:21 AM

once i get my qora from polo i will forge some blocks
theduuude

Activity: 194
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:41:35 AM

crowetic
Yes, to answer some questions... we have 3 of the ORIGINAL QORA devs. They are just now working in our expanded team, which includes BURST, QORA, XQN, KORE and a couple others. Of the 3, 1 has moved to a separate project which WILL tie BURST and QORA together, along with BTC, LTC, and multiple other coins, in a Decentralized Trade Portal. This will allow transfers of coin and services on multiple chains to each other, directly, without a central authority, and it will be pretty damn sweet!

once people understand once this means...it will be a good day for them
OrgiOrg

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:44:46 AM

my address: QMSgYx46mn3eTdd8GRxLkXhKHDnCUwR6yi

would like to help the project with staking
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:07:52 AM

wtf now its just become a beggar fest over here, and you are managing like 6 coins all at once? I thought there was going to be strong focus  Undecided
Tinus

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:36:56 AM

Synced, unlocked and forging. Also have some qora waiting on poloniex, would love to see this issue resolved!

Address: QN6ZTVU7nyUPAhqXwvXDuQaiGPEwwWDXJo

Thanks @crowetic, will be forging
Wilhelmer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 10:57:37 AM

@crowetic
If people continue posting addresses here crowetic, the whole Qora team, and anyone who posted an address could get banned, and this thread could get locked.
Giveaways were banned in Alternate cryptocurrencies boards years ago by theymos (the forum administrator).
The moderators won't mind people sending addresses to crowetic by pm, but posting any address in this thread is not allowed.

The moderators can speak for themselves if they have a concern, which is unlikely.

It's not a giveaway, per se.  It's trying to solve a compelling urgent problem, in the only way possible.  

In case you weren't following along:   A huge percent of the Qora coins have been locked in Poloniex exchange for several months.  They disabled dep/wd,  so noone can get their coins out.  They say the network wasn't stable enough because not enough wallets forging.  But the wallets can't forge *because they have no coins*  !   We can't add new users, because noone can get any coins from the main exchange!

This is the only way to solve the problem, untangle the knot.

The so-called "giveaway" amounts are relatively small, and for people pledging to actually do work (ie. get the wallet installed, synced and forging, which is not very easy at the moment).

That said, crowetic, we probably do need a smallish cap on the number of added forging wallets here, to avoid a giant string of 'me too' posts  (which is really the only point of that restriction).   And maybe use another word like 'bounty'.

Absolutely correct, if the mods feel the need to ban me for helping to fix a coin with an issue that can only be resolved in this fashion, that is their prerogative, I already realize they don't like the fact that altcoins are even on this forum in the first place, which is why I have already developed an alternative. Which we will be releasing shortly.

But yes, just in case, anyone interested in helping the QORA network, please send me a PM with your address (and only if you haven't already, please...) and I will send you some coin to forge with (only to help the network out of the current state, for anyone who is wondering, this is NOT a giveaway, it is a move that is necessary to revive the network while the largest exchange with 90% of the coin has their wallet on maintenance without good reason.)

Alright, I've finished the upload for the 'data' folder from the QORA wallet location. I believe this should help with the people who are having sync issues. You shouldn't be getting no connections, if you are, I will find a solution for that as well, but I have yet to see that issue, try restarting your wallet.

Also, if you're having issues on wallet close (which is an issue I've already reported to main dev and we're going to talk today in the meeting about a solution) please let me know, and I'll give you a few options that will hopefully help.

Here is a download on my cloud (I will have a more 'official' download coming soon, still working on domains and such.) - https://cloud.crowetic.com/s/wecM2rDvqIIFAPl

Hello,

Installed the client again, got to sync just fine (in under 2 hours). But Im always "no connections" so I cannot forge. I have a couple more wallets that are forging other coins on that machine.

I will download your files to see if they help, thanks.

This link has both data folders zipped. But if you're not getting a connection, make sure your windows firewall isn't blocking QORA. I don't believe that the lack of connections issue is caused by the db, it doesn't make sense to be that way.

Make sure you use this link, which has both...  https://cloud.crowetic.com/s/3rUsS3CAEwc6Ze8

I have overwritten the data folder with the one you provided but strangely, the Qora client keeps removing it and generating its own data folder everytime i run it. Also, what's the dataBak.zip for?
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 11:36:37 AM

I have overwritten the data folder with the one you provided but strangely, the Qora client keeps removing it and generating its own data folder everytime i run it. Also, what's the dataBak.zip for?

Try this instructions:

The issue with QORA is that the Block Chain is broken and needs to be reissued to allow deposits and withdrawals to be made on POLO

So qora blockchain isn't working well, right? It harms the market, and polo usually delist unstable blockchain coins. Like last time polo delisted Gemz there due to the blockchain issue.

The blockchain is working perfectly, but I found a small bug in the zipped wallet that stopped the light wallet working.

https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases/download/0.26.0/Qora_v0.26.0.zip

After installing and running the light wallet it synced, but never opened in the toolbar, so I couldn't open my wallet. However, I could see it had synced by opening this link which shows my wallet's block explorer.

http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/blockexplorer.html

The small bug preventing my wallet working properly was in the run-light-wallet.bat file in the Qora folder.

If you right click it, then select edit a notepad window opens showing you its contents. After I deleted -Dnogui from the fifth line down (shown in red below) and saved the file my wallet started working perfectly

set PARAM=-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Dnogui -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar Qora.jar

I downloaded the data folder available from either of the links below, unzipped it, and put it in the Qora folder to speed up the sync time. I found it had synced in about two hours with the added data folder.

http://qora.co.in/data/data_20160528_122841_220996_v0260.zip (634.99 mb)

http://qora.co.in/data/data_20160528_122841_220996_v0260.7z (197.02 mb)

The Block Chain's not broken, there is just a small bug in the run-light-wallet.bat file that you double click to start the light wallet.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 11:42:07 AM

Forging right now but why does it say " Approx time to find the block : 593 days "

Huh That's a long ass time man Huh

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 11:44:58 AM

Forging right now but why does it say " Approx time to find the block : 593 days "

Please read previous posts in order how to get the bootstrap file (file copy of blocks) so that you fasten your syncing.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 12:24:03 PM

hi is there any updates now regarding to this ongoing forging any effect to the wallet? just curios polo wallet still in maintenance.
okinawa

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 12:45:05 PM

Please read previous posts in order how to get the bootstrap file (file copy of blocks) so that you fasten your syncing.

I am talking about the forging time, I already finished the synchronisation   Grin

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 12:51:26 PM

I am talking about the forging time, I already finished the synchronisation   Grin

Oh sorry I did not see that right, I think you need more coins in your wallet to get to that block faster Smiley
okinawa

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:02:50 PM

Oh sorry I did not see that right, I think you need more coins in your wallet to get to that block faster Smiley

Then what is the point to forge if it is going to take 500 Days to get a block  Huh

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:25:51 PM

Then what is the point to forge if it is going to take 500 Days to get a block  Huh

You are contributing to the stability and health of the network thats the main point and not on getting the block.
okinawa

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:27:35 PM

You are contributing to the stability and health of the network thats the main point and not on getting the block.

Oh nice I want to support  Grin

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:29:14 PM

we need to help the dev in order for us to able to resolved issue and for polo to make the coin active again.
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:48:28 PM

If enough people have not been staking for a long time, it is a fundamental problem with the coin. Needs fixing. Maybe go to POW or tweak the POS to encourage staking.

I think building a plan for Qora 2.0 and allowing people to buy into it with Qora should work. That's the only way this coin can have a bright future imo. Temporary measures such as paying people to stake are not going to work when there are fundamental issues with the coin itself, there's no funding and no dedicated marketing manager. It is best to create Qora 2.0 with a LONG TERM vision.

Thinking on the lines of Verium, Nxt 2.0 (Ardor)

Also, Qora is such a bad name. Qora 2.0 should have a better name
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 05:05:35 PM

If enough people have not been staking for a long time, it is a fundamental problem with the coin. Needs fixing. Maybe go to POW or tweak the POS to encourage staking.

I think building a plan for Qora 2.0 and allowing people to buy into it with Qora should work. That's the only way this coin can have a bright future imo. Temporary measures such as paying people to stake are not going to work when there are fundamental issues with the coin itself, there's no funding and no dedicated marketing manager. It is best to create Qora 2.0 with a LONG TERM vision.

Thinking on the lines of Verium, Nxt 2.0 (Ardor)

Also, Qora is such a bad name. Qora 2.0 should have a better name

QORA is a great name, I doubt we'll change that, but I will say that your thoughts are pretty much exactly in line with ours... Also, I'm not personally managing all of the coins, we have a team broken down into smaller groups that are focused on individual projects. My focus is BURST and QORA right now, I'll be focusing more on assisting the others once we've gotten things squared away here. As far as the marketing, our team has the ability to handle this, and we will start doing so once this immediate problem is handled.

To the people asking about forging, yes, it will take you a very long time to find a block with the small amount of coins I gave you.  This isn't the point as it was brought up, this is to help make the network stronger.

Once it is to a point where it is strong enough I can tell Polo to stop forging, then the rest of us will have more of a chance at finding a block, but the network needs more use before finding a block will mean much.

My main goal here is to just get to the point where I can explain what we're going to do in the future, and release the QrowdFunds, get things really moving...

Polo hasn't replied to me yet, and we're synchronizing some hosted wallets as we speak to send them a link to the blockex that they can use as the 'official' since they're asking for that. Once that has been completed, and they unlock deposit and withdrawal, I will tell them to stop forging if we have enough people doing so. Then we can talk more about the future.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:14:49 PM

Is there an online Qora wallet that's moderately reputable/trustworthy?

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: