Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:37:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's Butterfly Labs Scammer Investigation including Josh Zerlan  (Read 100028 times)
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:46:50 PM

Really? this informational message, that is totally true, is force customers??
Totally true? Paypal transfers are also instant. But they recommend using anonymous payment method.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 10:50:36 PM

Totally true? Paypal transfers are also instant. But they recommend using anonymous payment method.

... is the last straw, now appears that the bitcoiners prefer paypal. What are you doing here??

It is the same message for all products and minirig can't be payed with paypal, in addition text compares bank transfer with bitpay, says nothing about paypal ...

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:52:26 PM

... is the last straw, now appears that the bitcoiners prefer paypal. What are you doing here??
I am not bitcoiner, I am just doing some business. What am I doing here is not your fucking business.
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 10:54:01 PM

I am not bitcoiner, I am just doing some business. What am I doing here is not your fucking business.

Business??Oh wait, pay for trolling?

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 02:04:34 PM

... is the last straw, now appears that the bitcoiners prefer paypal.
Of course! You must be an idiot to pay BFL in bitcoins. They don't honor full bitcoin refunds. This is already a proven fact!
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 03:43:09 PM

... is the last straw, now appears that the bitcoiners prefer paypal.
Of course! You must be an idiot to pay BFL in bitcoins. They don't honor full bitcoin refunds. This is already a proven fact!

OHHH NOOOO, YOU AGAIN!!!!

mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 04:00:53 PM

LOL Micon, you are such a dumb fuck.
Just take your ritalin and everything will seem more reasonable.
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 04:05:38 PM

I'll give Bryan credit for calling the Pirateat40 debacle but are you going to eat crow if BFL ships?
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:37:36 PM

I'll give Bryan credit for calling the Pirateat40 debacle but are you going to eat crow if BFL ships?

1)  Crow will be eating if BFL ships.

2)  here is Josh Zerlan's latest trolling of my bet thread, again with moderators telling me that I'm the one out of line: 

Haha by the end of the month is the only thing Bryan Micon, the "professional poker player" is willing to wager now.  From "It's definitely a scam! No doubt about it!" to "Well, by the end of the month." in the span of a month. 

and then just now:

Also willing to bet BFL will not ship by 3/15 (ides of March)  Sgt Spike

If anyone has offers, such as "hey Micon, i'll bet you my 50 coins vs. your 25 coins that BFL ships at least 5 customers 350 Mhash/Joule+ ASIC devices pictured, tested, and working by the end of March"  go ahead and throw them out here.

Don't let trolls in this thread deter you from offering something.  All bets made so far have been very Gentleman-like between the bettors.  Contrary to some early trolls, there is nothing wrong with putting something out there and having the other side say no.  Also, nothing wrong with quick negotiation of terms so both sides are happy with the bet (until it settles Smiley

so if anyone wants some near-term BFL will ship action, I'm open to suggestions and very much want to take the "BFL won't ship in near-term" side.

Just gonna quote the above for the inevitable back peddling that Bryan Micon is sure to do later. 

So now it's "I very much want to take the 'BFL won't ship near-term' side." which is a far cry from "BFL is a scam!  I am positive!" 

See, if Bryan Micon wasn't a liar, then taking a bet for near term, long term, forever-term would be a no brainer.  But since he's unwilling to do that, he's clearly demonstrating the fact that he lied from the beginning.  It's fortunate you all are doing escrow with these bets, since he has a history of welching on his contracts and deals in the past and is a known poker scammer. 

Anyone willing to do bets with him should definitely do escrow or he'll rip you off.

isn't something supposed to be getting bumped today?  and it wasn't a betting thread.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
kayrice

Activity: 104
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:41:05 PM

LOL mobodick, you are such a dumb fuck.
Just take your cocaine and everything will seem more reasonable.

PS - This is easy
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:50:58 PM

Even if he is proven wrong on this one (and I think he will be, eventually), his batting record will still be roughly 10x better than most regular posters here who gave Micon the same shit when he warned them about pirate, hasking, mybitcointrade, why-I-love-patrick-harnett and half a dozen other once respected members, that are now all known scammers.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 11:19:15 PM

Even if he is proven wrong on this one (and I think he will be, eventually), his batting record will still be roughly 10x better than most regular posters here who gave Micon the same shit when he warned them about pirate, hasking, mybitcointrade, why-I-love-patrick-harnett and half a dozen other once respected members, that are now all known scammers.

well watch out btc community, we have one with his eyes open.  Puppet I respect your difference of opinion on this matter, and even more so I respect your clear thought on the matter even if you believe BFL to be completely legitimate.  I have a feeling when this one goes boom, it will be very hard to deny my accusations in the future.  The more and more Josh trolls me, the more I start to uncover.  This looks pretty shady:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89902.0

and I can't get over the fact that when I want to post in a BFL-thread about my scam accusations, a mod (likely Gmaxwell) swiftly comes in and deletes my comments.  When Josh Zerlan wants to troll up my betting thread again, it's game on.

pretty weak Btctalk mods.. pretty weak...  gonna force me to spin up another machine and get my man Eric on building out a new bitcoin forum.  The BFL-friendly censorship is not cool.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
kayrice

Activity: 104
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:23:53 PM

Micon, be careful last guy that did that was Bruce Wagner - and ya we know where that guy ended up.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:03:29 AM

LOL mobodick, you are such a dumb fuck.
Just take your cocaine and everything will seem more reasonable.

PS - This is easy

Cocain is so boring..,  Undecided
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 09:05:54 AM

part of the fraud that is going on right now even if BFL ships tomorrow is the advertising:

no mention of a pre-order, just as if you get X hashing power for $X.  The google pay-per-click ads are also shadily listed as such.  At the very least, BFL is likely using pre-order money to fund R&D.  I mean, what did they need this "private venture capital" investment for? 

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9611889.htm  <--- press release from july 2012 announcing, vague reference to "private venture capital" and then a huge headshot of money collection as "pre-orders" = this company just takes in monies and hasn't sent anything back.  It would be Luda to send them any more $ at this stage before a product gets shipped.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:22:10 PM

Pretty sure it's not a requirement to mention that something is a pre-order in a web banner ad.  If it is, please link to the relevant laws stating so.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 03:22:58 AM

Pretty sure it's not a requirement to mention that something is a pre-order in a web banner ad.  If it is, please link to the relevant laws stating so.

stop legaling it up, it's extremely misleading and no matter what you bet on that is clear.  potential buyer thinks "I buy X gh/s for X using X power" and starts doing calculations. 

have you read the initial press release?  vague and scammish sounding IMO:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9611889.htm

by contrast let's take a look at a press release from a real btc company with a real round of funding, Bitpay:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitpay-expand-bitcoin-processing-space-190000470.html

first sentence lists investors.   No piece of evidence alone is enough to convict, but it all keeps adding up more and more scammy with each new piece of info.  Sonny, Josh's conduct at CES, Pre-order dishonesty, vague press release, constant missed deadlines with pre-order marketing spending same or increasing...

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:00:49 AM

stop legaling it up, it's extremely misleading and no matter what you bet on that is clear.  potential buyer thinks "I buy X gh/s for X using X power" and starts doing calculations. 

by contrast let's take a look at a press release from a real btc company with a real round of funding, Bitpay:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitpay-expand-bitcoin-processing-space-190000470.html

first sentence lists investors.   No piece of evidence alone is enough to convict, but it all keeps adding up more and more scammy with each new piece of info.  Sonny, Josh's conduct at CES, Pre-order dishonesty, vague press release, constant missed deadlines with pre-order marketing spending same or increasing...
And yet, with all of that, I still don't see them deserving of a "scam" tag.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:59:00 AM

It isn't about it being lawful. It is just scummy as fuck to not say it is in the advertisements.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:01:55 AM

And yet, with all of that, I still don't see them deserving of a "scam" tag.

Just wait for it...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: