Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:24:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What were your experiences with Bitcoin when you first started?  (Read 55268 times)
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:02:12 AM

I would like to know what experiences did you had when you first started with Bitcoins. As for me, I had many that I would like to share with you.

When I began in the Bitcoin world, I was a complete rookie with no proper knowledge of how did mining worked or anything about cryptocurrencies. I just thought about Bitcoin as another payment processor like PayPal. But when I joined the BitcoinTalk community, I learned so many things along the way. In my process of learning in the first days, I decided to invest into cloud mining services. Since I didn't knew much about it, I invested a plenty amount of Bitcoins to start my journey into it. During that time, I had gotten into many different services. Those were GAW Miners, then Cointellect, cloudminr.io and finally Hashnest. After getting scammed many times by the services mentioned previously, (except for Hashnest) I have lost many Bitcoins. As a result, I decided to never invest into cloud mining and thus dedicate myself into learning more about the cryptocurrency and look for other ways to earn Bitcoins. It was then that I enrolled into the signature campaign that I am currently into and during all that time I began to earn Bitcoins as well as diversify my investments into different alt coins. Now I am dedicated to trading Bitcoins and other alt coins, as well as working for it (like the signature campaign and working as a freelancer) in order to earn coins and build up my portfolio along the way.

Anyways, what would be your experiences with this exciting cryptocurrency?  Cheesy
Like the others i started bitcoin with just a little knowledge about it. I start to know bitcoin on gambling because then all i know that if you gamble you could earn but it's wrong . When i started using forum like this, i gain more information about bitcoin and how to earn more bitcoin. I knew that the best way to earn bitcoin is here in signature campaign because it's fast and reliable .And i don't consider gambling or mining now to earn because it's a big waste of time. For now i am focusing on my campaign and earning more bitcoins than ever.
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 02:11:47 AM

I'm a bit split my bad experience of the first start bitcoin. when first started buying bitcoin by fiat I don't know what to do with bitcoin and I read an article about bitcoin get bitcoin to trading, as I tried trading I think this an something easy turned out to be very difficult I lost a number of bitcoin because altcoin I bought price falls

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
VeneVici

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:15:21 AM

I was happy to get even a cent in BTC when I heard about it. What made even that thing impressive for me was the skyrocketing price we saw in 2013, and I thought it won't stop there so I thought that maybe that one cent will turn into dozens of bucks one day. It was a nice experience, even if I don't really have much of that money I earned back them anymore. Cheesy
poetra2501

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:54:28 AM

When I started I only knew that there are wallets, addresses, faucets and transactions. I did not know how anything works I thought of it only as free money from faucets. Then after a while, I found this forum and that there are signature campaigns. I was active here and gained a rank and I started monetizing my post, I also did tasks for other members and I still roll like that today.
Your experience is same as my experience, but I had lost my bitcoin because my stupidity,
all of my trading account hacked by hackers because I did not enable 2FA in that account.
Although the amounts is still a little bit, just 0.5 BTC, but it's will be a lesson for me.
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:05:29 AM

It was really weird experience while i had started bitcoin for first time because, whenever I used to send bitcoin to my friends or any receivers then along with actual payment wallet used to cut fees and at that time I was not aware of transaction fees so at that time i had no knowledge of this and this had irritated me.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:11:02 AM

It was really weird experience while i had started bitcoin for first time because, whenever I used to send bitcoin to my friends or any receivers then along with actual payment wallet used to cut fees and at that time I was not aware of transaction fees so at that time i had no knowledge of this and this had irritated me.
Me, I have no ideas about transaction fees because i never paid them when I transfer my bitcoin. I have my account with local exchange sites where I buy and exchange my bitcoin at a lesser price than the current. When I have bought bitcoins, I automatically transfer my bitcoin to certain gambling sites and then back to exchange site from gambling site when I won. It's a cycle that I use to do before, I actually do not have a wallet like in blockchain.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
sevendust777

Activity: 806
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 05:40:05 AM

I've ignored it the first time i read about bitcoin... Then a friend introduced me to Hyip's using bitcoin still not that interested in bitcoin he told me to invest so i invested...  I made good profit at first in hyip's and finally got scammed. still i throw a few btc and scammed over and over again.... And finally i met someone who do altcoin trading so i tried it... Made me good profit. thanks to the person who helped me...

..BYBIT reddit.......                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
kumax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

🚀 🌏

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 08:23:50 AM

This is exactly one of the things which slows down the adoption process. The transaction system is quite hard to understand for a newcomer and many people do a lot of mistakes during their first moves, so then they may feel discouraged to continue using bitcoin. For me, it is still hard to calculate proper fees of a transaction, I'm always afraid that if they will be too low, the transaction will take forever, or if they will be too high, so I have to pay more than I actually should. Tongue
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 08:47:28 AM

This is exactly one of the things which slows down the adoption process. The transaction system is quite hard to understand for a newcomer and many people do a lot of mistakes during their first moves, so then they may feel discouraged to continue using bitcoin. For me, it is still hard to calculate proper fees of a transaction, I'm always afraid that if they will be too low, the transaction will take forever, or if they will be too high, so I have to pay more than I actually should. Tongue

Well it not as hard as it seems to  be. You do not need to alter the transaction fee and go with the default fee which wallet computes automatically and you will be perfectly fine.
My first experience of bitcoins earning was in the shape of faucets which i later realized were waste of time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kumax

Activity: 182

🚀 🌏

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 09:59:51 AM

Well it not as hard as it seems to  be. You do not need to alter the transaction fee and go with the default fee which wallet computes automatically and you will be perfectly fine.
My first experience of bitcoins earning was in the shape of faucets which i later realized were waste of time.
Honestly, I don't think the default wallet fees are the best ones and they can discourage you as well. I remember my first transaction from a desktop wallet (Electrum), I wanted to send a few bucks and the default fee was around 20% of the final amout, which was incredibly high for me. I had to do a big research to find out that 5% was pretty enough and my transaction was confirmed within one hour or maybe even quicker. Without the research I would think that the transaction fees are horribly high and I wouldn't probably use bitcoin anymore.
poetra2501

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:18:45 PM

I think, all of us here to initiate seeking for bitcoin with foucet, and it is our experience that we never forget,
then we enter into this forum with a joint signaturre campaign and get paid bitcoin began to rise than the faucet.
suryono

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:01:27 PM

I know about Bitcoin of years ago, but I just joined here last month, it has been told by my friend. I initially played faucet sites that provide some satoshi maybe here I learned patience in collecting bitcoin, but my expectation here hopefully I can produce even greater bitcoin
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 08:21:48 PM

I know about Bitcoin of years ago, but I just joined here last month, it has been told by my friend. I initially played faucet sites that provide some satoshi maybe here I learned patience in collecting bitcoin, but my expectation here hopefully I can produce even greater bitcoin
although i knew about bitcoin for a long time ago but i did not give any preference to bitcoin at that time. and i think just before a year or so i start using bitcoin and i know really regret that why i do not start using bitcoin before when i  heard about bitcoin for the first time, i think i would be now millionaire.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:43:06 AM

In the beginning, I had a few bad experiences with bitcoin. First I got hacked and went broke. Kept working hard and managed to get a few coins and then came Mintpal and I lost some coins again. And apart from a few HYIPs that made me lose a lot of money... Now, I see that as a learning process and am happy to be able to alert other about this sort of issues
That is heartbreaking, I don't know if could get over so many bad experiences with bitcoin, you have some great confidence in bitcoin to have endured so much, but at least you are still part of the community and will see the great benefits tat bitcoin will eventually bring to us.

Of course not. I'm not giving up on Bitcoin ever. I truly believe this new offer from Satoshi will help us build a better future with positive implications for the whole world. However, we do know that Bitcoin was the first of them all and that there are a lot of projects out there offering a much better version with a lot more features and utilities. So in a way, though I'm not quit'ing on Bitcoin, I know sometime in the future there is a strong possibility we might see it replaced by an improved version. That's why "I keep my eyes open all the time...  ..."
arsyah18

Activity: 583

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:05:33 AM

My experience for bitcoin is .. !!! My long enough to know bitcoin since 2010 when the price is very cheap 1BTC. I learn and keep abreast of bitcoin, I am very pleased with the presence of bitcoin in this new world, to this day I still use it for transactions with my counterparts in the world of Internet media ..

thanks to satoshi who have special currency menciptakkan internet world
doaremon

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 02:34:09 AM

Actually I learnt fully about bitcoin from one of my friend. Before that I only knew the name nothing else Grin He is quite experienced in bitcoin thing. But at the first time it seems all scam to me. I thought no way a virtual money have that much value. After knowing about this from my friend in about a month, I regreted because it have been almost 8 years bitcoin came and I came to know about it after 8 years!

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:02:17 PM

Like the others i started bitcoin with just a little knowledge about it. I start to know bitcoin on gambling because then all i know that if you gamble you could earn but it's wrong . When i started using forum like this, i gain more information about bitcoin and how to earn more bitcoin. I knew that the best way to earn bitcoin is here in signature campaign because it's fast and reliable .And i don't consider gambling or mining now to earn because it's a big waste of time. For now i am focusing on my campaign and earning more bitcoins than ever.

Believe me, I had the same perception as you with Bitcoin gambling. I was too greedy at the start, and thought that I could make profit all the time with BTC and gambling itself, but then I delved myself into reality and noticed that too much gambling can make you bankrupt in the long term.

Basically, if I didn't had too much greed at the beginning, I wouldn't had many losses and would've been closer to reaching at least 1 BTC. It is up to this date since I've started, that I have not reached the 1 BTC goal. Maybe this year would be the one in which, I'll be able to get 1 full Bitcoin.

Nevertheless, in my own opinion, signature campaigns are the best way to learn about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, while at the same time earn a side income.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:37:46 PM

Didn't bothered much when first heard about it, then few months ago I started to use it. No friend was there to guide me, learned more about it daily since then from the internet. When started using it, I was quite confused about the address, because it regenerated. And also the transaction time was quite much. Grin Tongue
merlinsbeard

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:15:03 PM

I remember I first learned about Bitcoin in 2010, as a freshman in college. I mainly heard of it because I was interested in the Silk Road, before the FBI sting operation.

My first purchase was about 120$ of btc, which was around 3.5 BTC. I remember thinking "Damn, 30$ for an invisible coin? Seems expensive". Now, I truly regret spending that 3.5 btc on a 1/4 oz of weed on the Silk Road. Fortunately, it was some of the best medical weed (evilberry) I have ever smoked and made me some friends. Some of those early darknet vendors must be millionaires by now.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 09:30:12 PM

Didn't bothered much when first heard about it, then few months ago I started to use it. No friend was there to guide me, learned more about it daily since then from the internet. When started using it, I was quite confused about the address, because it regenerated. And also the transaction time was quite much. Grin Tongue

Yeah. I had a hard time to really figure out how Bitcoin worked, especially with the part of using the address to send and receive coins. Transaction times were a little faster, than what they are right now, but still they took around 15 to 30 minutes to receive confirmations. As I did self-learning of Bitcoin over the first days since I've started, now I am benefiting of the knowledge gained during that time, by using Bitcoin and other altcoins properly, as well as being aware of the risks and precautions to be taken when leaving coins on an exchange, and other sorts of stuff.

Nevertheless, since the day that I've first started in Bitcoin, the pioneer cryptocurrency has changed drastically in price, development, and popularity.  Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: