Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:20:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What were your experiences with Bitcoin when you first started?  (Read 55268 times)
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:38:19 PM

I would like to know what experiences did you had when you first started with Bitcoins. As for me, I had many that I would like to share with you.

When I began in the Bitcoin world, I was a complete rookie with no proper knowledge of how did mining worked or anything about cryptocurrencies. I just thought about Bitcoin as another payment processor like PayPal. But when I joined the BitcoinTalk community, I learned so many things along the way. In my process of learning in the first days, I decided to invest into cloud mining services. Since I didn't knew much about it, I invested a plenty amount of Bitcoins to start my journey into it. During that time, I had gotten into many different services. Those were GAW Miners, then Cointellect, cloudminr.io and finally Hashnest. After getting scammed many times by the services mentioned previously, (except for Hashnest) I have lost many Bitcoins. As a result, I decided to never invest into cloud mining and thus dedicate myself into learning more about the cryptocurrency and look for other ways to earn Bitcoins. It was then that I enrolled into the signature campaign that I am currently into and during all that time I began to earn Bitcoins as well as diversify my investments into different alt coins. Now I am dedicated to trading Bitcoins and other alt coins, as well as working for it (like the signature campaign and working as a freelancer) in order to earn coins and build up my portfolio along the way.

Anyways, what would be your experiences with this exciting cryptocurrency?  Cheesy

I just started this past week and I really had a hard time understanding it. Now I see this bitcointalk and my friend told me to read it and join the conversation. Because I have learned a lot here. So here I am. I have learned a lot here because there are many threads and questions that are also
what i looking to be answers
danjonbit

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

DanJoN

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:46:54 PM

On my first days here in crypto world well i did not understand first how it works, but i have a little background of trading because i have been involve in stock market, so i pursue trading in cryptoworld, also i did learn some ways to get some extra earnings by way of campaigns, also in gambling , mining. So right now i have more time in crypto world than trading in stock market.

THE GREAT DANJON HIMSELF !
malboroman

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 06:48:37 PM

My first experience with bitcoin was very strange. I tried to buy several coins, but nither coinbase, no kraken helped me. They can't aquire my credit card. Undecided
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:16:56 AM

I would like to know what experiences did you had when you first started with Bitcoins. As for me, I had many that I would like to share with you.

When I began in the Bitcoin world, I was a complete rookie with no proper knowledge of how did mining worked or anything about cryptocurrencies. I just thought about Bitcoin as another payment processor like PayPal. But when I joined the BitcoinTalk community, I learned so many things along the way. In my process of learning in the first days, I decided to invest into cloud mining services. Since I didn't knew much about it, I invested a plenty amount of Bitcoins to start my journey into it. During that time, I had gotten into many different services. Those were GAW Miners, then Cointellect, cloudminr.io and finally Hashnest. After getting scammed many times by the services mentioned previously, (except for Hashnest) I have lost many Bitcoins. As a result, I decided to never invest into cloud mining and thus dedicate myself into learning more about the cryptocurrency and look for other ways to earn Bitcoins. It was then that I enrolled into the signature campaign that I am currently into and during all that time I began to earn Bitcoins as well as diversify my investments into different alt coins. Now I am dedicated to trading Bitcoins and other alt coins, as well as working for it (like the signature campaign and working as a freelancer) in order to earn coins and build up my portfolio along the way.

Anyways, what would be your experiences with this exciting cryptocurrency?  Cheesy

My  experiences were I'm kinda confused how it works and how should I start with this one. But eventually, I read some forum about Bitcoin in newbie and I learn about joining campaigns, forums and transact. It is indeed exciting to work here and you'll earn more here.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:21:39 AM

my experiences with bitcoin is i don't know what is bitcoin and i am still confuse but the strange is i am able to use the wallet address to playing faucet and collect some satoshi day by day. and i am trying trading without any clue or any info how to trading, i just buy and sell the coin or i am selling the coins that i got from faucet. later i am thinking that its not enough to be like this and i need to learn more about trading and with some research and learning, now i can trading like others.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:26:49 AM

If bitcoin is giving you an opportunity to earn money then obviously you will be have positive feeling and positive experiences and for getting into bitcoins I will be always thankful to my friend who introduced me to bitcoins and also taught how to earn it in different ways.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
yishak

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:29:24 AM

Yeah you are right people shouldn't invest in cloud mining sites almost every cloud mining site is a scam.
As for my experience with bitcoins I first started out some years ago and I was a rookie like you and thought the only way I can earn bitcoin is by faucets even though the faucets were paying low amount of satoshis I thought it was a great way to earn. I used to combine 50+ faucets and earn from them , even if I worked a full day the most I would earn was $0.5. But one day I joined this bitcpintalk and from then I started learning that there are dozens of ways to earn bitcoin so I quit faucets and started joining sig campaigns, microtask sites, freelance sites ... etc.
cyberChevan

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:51:44 AM

Good thing that my friend who introduced me to bitcoin knows a lot about btc. So when I started here the first thing that he introduced to me is this forum. And from here I learned many things that I don't understand like the terminologies and technicalities of cryptocurrencies. And my friend is always available whenever I have questions and clarifications. He also guided me on how to navigate the forum and even created video lessons for me.
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:22:20 PM

Good thing that my friend who introduced me to bitcoin knows a lot about btc. So when I started here the first thing that he introduced to me is this forum. And from here I learned many things that I don't understand like the terminologies and technicalities of cryptocurrencies. And my friend is always available whenever I have questions and clarifications. He also guided me on how to navigate the forum and even created video lessons for me.
It was a great experience to know about bitcoin as it was giving me extra money to earn and who doesn't love extra money? Started to learn more things about bitcoin and also different ways of earning them and now I am earning a decent amount of bitcoins on regular basis that even I can afford to quit my full time job.
heyyyrixx

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:37:01 AM

When I decided to get into bitcoin it was because my boyfriend told me about it. I had already heard of it from him, but didn't realize how fast it was growing.

I was a complete rookie with no proper knowledge and lost, I guess. I was perplex about everything and overwhelmed by a lot of information that I'm receiving by my boyfriend. After that, I kind of lost a bit of my interest towards bitcoin but then I realized that I really want this and that I should start taking action now. I registered my account, browsed different topics in the forum, and I was surprised that I learned along the way,  constantly posting every now and then but, something devastating happened to me. I was banned, by a moderator without me having an idea why it happened, what have I done and what went wrong. I waited for a week to get back my account but sadly, it's not happening. That didn't make me stop. I made a new account, which is what I'm using right now and I'm currently working on my activity for my account to rank up.

From a complete clueless newbie, I am now an aspiring member and a determined student who's up to get through whatever tasks and challenges.
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:27:01 AM

I remember that I read about bitcoin about 4-5 years ago from wikipedia. Its price was under 4 USD that time and I have not understood completly how to get bitcoin. Then on january 2016 I found some Hashnest vouchers on ebay and bought some 300 GHs. I some months Hashnest gave me 0.16 bitcoin. Then I placed some bitcoin ads onmy website  that gave me the same quantity of bitcoin. Then I got paid in bitcoins for the work I have done on the internet. Now I continue to work for bitcoin and I have some GHs bought at Hashnest.

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:48:52 AM

At first i just see it and just knew it from the outside only and less trust in bitcoin that can make money and can encourage finance because it can be said as a job as well. And the first to introduce about bitcoin to me it's my neighbor, which every days is close to bitcoin. At first it was less trusting and less convincing, but over time i kept paying attention to my neighbor and my curiosity was increasing. Eventually my neighbor explained and gave me various ways how to earm bitcoin, and proved that bitcoin can make money. After a few later, well.. finally i was close to bitcoin and started to feel bitcoin incomes to be able to earning money from bitcoin. I wasn't expecting this, and am so grateful i got to knew a bitcoin.

uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:40:26 AM

At first, I am a little nervous on what should I post. My friend told me that an account can be banned because of off-topic answers, spamming, saying bad words, etc. I got scared of those things so I read more and research thoroughly so I can fluently express what's on my mind in replying to a thread. Joining campaigns gives me sleepless nights too because the campaign I am currently at, has no maximum posts.
eye-con

Activity: 449
Merit: 102

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:56:59 AM

i feel like i was dumb the first time i started doing bitcoin. i gather and search every information i can take to fully understand bitcoin by that time. actually i even ask my friends if they know it by suddenly they cant give any response to what i ask them.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:25:28 AM

I first encountered Bitcoin a few years back in a blog post on how to earn money online. I first thought of it as hard to understand and too technical, especially with regards to mining. I made a wallet because I started out with wallets, but I found it as tedious and a waste of time. Eventually, I found it to be complicated so I disregarded and chose to ignore it. It even seemed like a scam because of the promise of high returns, which is a red flag for most scams. Just a few months ago, my friend introduced me to this forum which made me understand more about the concept and I even learned about different Bitcoin aspects.

Had a little regrets that I wasn't able to invest a few years back when I first heard about it but I'm here now.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:41:01 AM

I experience in bitcoins i started first I search what would do in bitcoin world.Asking other what will do and can gave an example of it.For the first time it so difficult to understand and to learn how to flow on it then i make a coins.ph wallet so that i will may bitcoins i gathered.
TheBTCAlex

Activity: 126

Back from Vacation!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:50:50 AM

I think I tried to use BTC before I even joined BitcoinTalk, which was definitely a mistake lol. I was totally overwhelmed and confused by the BTC wallet that I first downloaded, I think it was Bitcoin Armory, and didn't have the slightest idea of how to use it. Then I think I switched over to blockchain.info in my first few days, and saw some tutorials on YouTube that helped me figure out the basic options and what each thing did in a wallet. Also, as I was dealing with very small transactions, the fees seemed too much, compared to what I used to earn.

Then BitcoinTalk definitely increased my knowledge about what to do, where to do, and how to do. I figured out the best security practices, started using Electrum, which I am pretty familiar with today.

Viakor

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:35:24 AM

I didn't know what it was, but i heard from my friend that he is using bitcoin. So i looked it up and i learned from it. Bitcoin is not controlled from any government. Thats why i like it.

I don't want to pay any taxes. So bitcoin was the only option.
Vuizel

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:36:11 AM

At first i did not believe about it but then when i started to know more about and acknowledge it then i earned also now i am happy i started with this and did not stop at the start because what

i earn with this i could not earn anywhere at my age.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:50:35 AM

My very first experience about bitcoin was a little bit traumatic for me. I won't ever forget about this, and until now, I have still this feeling. This is how it goes:

When I created my first bitcoin wallet (supposedly for saving purpose), I met a girl in facebook and offered me something. She tell me about this guy (I think, the guy is from Middle East) who gives free $10 worth of bitcoins (and the price of bitcoin that time is around $250) for every 30 facebook friends that I'll invite to his page. That's around 0.04 BTC per 30 friends. That time, I have around 150 facebook friends, so I was able to earn 0.2 BTC received in my btc wallet. Then one day, I was shocked when I was not able to open my btc wallet. I tried to recover it through email, but then my email was also compromised. Then someone messaged me in facebook and say that he'll report my account. That person even used my account to fool others.

That was my darkest day in bitcoin. And I hope that person got his karma now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: