Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:34:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69319 times)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:10:20 AM

Are they ignoring others is it just me?

A company that doesn't answers even pre-sales messages is really hard to trust and we're talking thousands of dollars.

I'm gonna say the same thing I've told other people - It takes a while. They've been very busy the past week or two, and sometimes it takes a few days for them to answer you.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 05:05:05 AM

However with ASIC, BFL is the ONLY one has the technology available (timing is the key here). You must be blind to not see how powerful that is. They will dictate the bitcoin's future. Bitcoin is based on open and decentralized community.

I see your point however this is the real world here...  someone makes something that no one else can, they will dominate the market! If that domination destroys the market then so be it.   Then it was not ment to be.

Bitcon must exist in the real world and we can not hope that someone does not do something to destroy it.  Bitcoin must survive based on the realities of our world.  PERIOD.

Now with that said I agree our situation is less than ideal however, I do not see how BFL will shoot them selves in the foot, in fact if they are successful many will copy them and they will have market competition.

I feel if they can do this ASIC boards then it will work out well for bitcoin.
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 05:08:36 AM

A company that doesn't answers even pre-sales messages is really hard to trust and we're talking thousands of dollars.

This is normal for them Jody will respond to you next week.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 06:23:33 AM

So how many weeks do I have to wait before I get a reply to mine?  3? 4?  Busy month I guess.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 06:26:18 AM

So how many weeks do I have to wait before I get a reply to mine?  3? 4?  Busy month I guess.

"We will respond to all emails sent this year within 500 days of receipt."

(note lack of source for quote)

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 06:27:40 AM

So how many weeks do I have to wait before I get a reply to mine?  3? 4?  Busy month I guess.

"We will respond to all emails sent this year within 500 days of receipt."

(note lack of source for quote)

I almost feel like there should be a mailing list, just to prove that the emails are getting sent to them and they're just choosy in who they reply to.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:03:17 AM

However with ASIC, BFL is the ONLY one has the technology available (timing is the key here). You must be blind to not see how powerful that is. They will dictate the bitcoin's future. Bitcoin is based on open and decentralized community.

I see your point however this is the real world here...  someone makes something that no one else can, they will dominate the market! If that domination destroys the market then so be it.   Then it was not ment to be.

Bitcon must exist in the real world and we can not hope that someone does not do something to destroy it.  Bitcoin must survive based on the realities of our world.  PERIOD.

Now with that said I agree our situation is less than ideal however, I do not see how BFL will shoot them selves in the foot, in fact if they are successful many will copy them and they will have market competition.

You must have problem reading or want to put words in my mouth.

I never said BFL shoot themselves in the foot. Its the miners/customers that make purchase/investment based on ROI thats out of their control.

I even said clearly, BFL will be the one holding cash, they're effectively mining without even mining , got that? ... think of their products as bond/share and they control the dividend.

As for your other point, i dont expect bitcoin in an ideal world. Thats why i think its time for bitcoin to be evolved. But just do nothing and "if it fails it fails" why bother with this project then?

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 07:15:43 AM

You must have problem reading or want to put words in my mouth.

I never said BFL shoot themselves in the foot. Its the miners/customers that make purchase/investment based on ROI thats out of their control.

I even said clearly, BFL will be the one holding cash, they're effectively mining without even mining , got that? ... think of their products as bond/share and they control the dividend.

As for your other point, i dont expect bitcoin in an ideal world. Thats why i think its time for bitcoin to be evolved. But just do nothing and "if it fails it fails" why bother with this project then?

OK I'm not sure what are we arguing about when we agree.

As for the answer to your question is, I believe bitcoin will not fail.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 11:50:46 AM

I'd like to grab the BitForce SC Jalapeno @3.5GHashs when it's available as this is many times more powerful than my HD6950 gpu (400Mhash/s) and for much less power/heat/noise.If they can ship this to UK I'm in.

I'm very happy to see this news as I've wanted to move away from GPUs for quite a while now but couldn't before as the price was a little steep for me.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:04:04 PM

I'd like to grab the BitForce SC Jalapeno @3.5GHashs when it's available as this is many times more powerful than my HD6950 gpu (400Mhash/s) and for much less power/heat/noise.If they can ship this to UK I'm in.

I'm very happy to see this news as I've wanted to move away from GPUs for quite a while now but couldn't before as the price was a little steep for me.

Why wouldn't they be able to ship it ? It is a damn coffee warmer = TINY !

You still have to pay 20% VAT though, gotta love taxes Kiss
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:05:26 PM

Um, you do realise that the Jalapeno price is similar, or possibly even more expensive $/BTC generated than the current 6950 price right?

The jump from a ~365Mh/s 6950 to a 3.5GH/s Jalapeno is an order of magnitude - or more specifically 9.6 times
But are you seriously thinking that difficulty will not rise well above 10 times - more likely 20 times, if these 1TH/s boxes and hundreds/thousands of Jalapeno's and SC Single's arrive?

The price will most likely end up not being cheap at all considering todays price standards for GPUs vs BTC they generate

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:32:20 PM

Um, you do realise that the Jalapeno price is similar, or possibly even more expensive $/BTC generated than the current 6950 price right?

The jump from a ~365Mh/s 6950 to a 3.5GH/s Jalapeno is an order of magnitude - or more specifically 9.6 times
But are you seriously thinking that difficulty will not rise well above 10 times - more likely 20 times, if these 1TH/s boxes and hundreds/thousands of Jalapeno's and SC Single's arrive?

The price will most likely end up not being cheap at all considering todays price standards for GPUs vs BTC they generate
I am interested to hear people's guesses as to how much difficulty will increase and how quickly.

If I added myself to the waiting list for a Jalapeno today, would difficulty have already increased x10 by the time I receive it?

[/mining newbie]

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:36:56 PM

When you order they have an option for international priority shipping, so yes they can ship to the UK.
Sant001

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:16:25 PM

When you order they have an option for international priority shipping, so yes they can ship to the UK.

Better be with insurance... Who is responsible if item arrives broken due to mishandling during transportation or if simply doesn't arrive? These things aren't often, but I think it should be made clear prior to placing the order how these events would be handled by the seller.
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:20:52 PM

I am interested to hear people's guesses as to how much difficulty will increase and how quickly.

If I added myself to the waiting list for a Jalapeno today, would difficulty have already increased x10 by the time I receive it?

[/mining newbie]

40 TH for trade-in's by my estimation.

Once BFL gets over the delivery hump ROI will be about the same as it is now.  Unless people go bat shit crazy and spend 3x what they normally would. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89258.msg984426#msg984426
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 08:36:53 PM

BFL-Engineer: Not meaning disrespect here, but is the SC Jalapeno a serious product? The idea of a small USB appliance for $150 that puts out 3.5GH/s is awesome, but I can't think of a good reason to make a coffee warmer out of it. It seems that would make the junction temperature needlessly high if you're maintaining the hot plate at 50-60C (common for most coffee warmers).

Why not do a 3.5GH/s USB hub or something where you could add a more effective heatsink and keep junction temperatures down?

Well, our chips are not going to find much problem when they heat up, they are engineered for that.
We thought that we can channel that heat and make it useful to keep your coffee warm for example.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

What tempratures could they handle then if I may ask?
Thanks for an answer.

iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:18:46 AM

Also, what about the projected power draw ?

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:04:50 AM

Also, what about the projected power draw ?

We estimated 2-3 Watts for the Jalapeno, and 700 Watts for the 1 Thash/s Mini-rig.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:41:04 AM

urr mah gawd...

I just read this whole fracking thread in one sitting. I would like to thank the community for the fun and hilarious
read as most people's panties just got tied up in a knot and went straight into their butt hole.

Not much I can say to add to this thread as someone else already beat me to it.. basically comments and
questions I had have already been stated or asked. I could make a few snarky comments or jokes but alas...
it is just too easy. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

But maybe someone knows this tho... How many singles are still waiting to ship to people who paid
Weeks ago?..
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:48:24 AM

urr mah gawd...

I just read this whole fracking thread in one sitting. I would like to think the community for the fun and hilarious
read as most people's panties just got tied up in a knot and went straight into their butt hole.

Not much I can say to add to this thread and someone else already beat me to it.. basically comments and
questions I had have already been stated or asked. I could make a few snarky comments or jokes but alas...
it is just too easy. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Yep, as they say:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: