Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:50:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69319 times)
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 03:26:31 AM

Would you like to go on record for the target date? Delivery in October leaves you much wiggle room and we do not know when to start counting in case of failure to comply. Thanks.

They have said that they are going to be manufacturing a large batch and send those out at once to prevent one person from getting an advantage. Honestly, I hope the just produce as many as they can and start the first shipments on October 31st to make that first batch as big as possible.

That's my hope, but I still think the delivery will slip to December.

6 months sounds a lot better than 12 months though. The only question is, will the world live long enough to see the end of bitcoin?  Roll Eyes
Maybe this is what leads to the end of the world? Maybe with all those hashes the bitcoin network becomes self aware and destroys the world?

You never know, the estimated Block reward reduction date is December 7th.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
botlove

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 07:50:22 AM

step 1 - get some VCs to loan you money, use it to buy bitcoins for a cheap price.
step 2 - tell people you have a product that's not even close to finalized
step 3 - sell your bitcoins for a profit while customers buy bitcoins since it's the only way to buy the 'product'
step 4 - oversell your first production batch at least 6 months before it will be ready
step 5 - actually develop a product 
step 6 - when customers ask for specs or demand ETA, make that person happy and pretend like that's the same way everybody will be treated
step 7 - mine with all the customer units for a couple months before you start shipping. 
step 8 - fake a lottery system so that you can explain how all your buddies got units before others.  but fill a couple orders for well respected community leaders, so that you can still sell more units
step 9 - start selling the next batch of non-existent products with no intention of shipping anything
step 10 - use the money to produce a secret second batch of TH units for yourself
step 11 - ship the TH units last, and delay them as much as possible
step 12 - mine for 6 months, profit.  When it's time to ship the next units, perform a 51% attack and pretend that the government shut you down
step 13 - buy a country and change the extradition laws?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 09:02:12 AM

Would you like to go on record for the target date? Delivery in October leaves you much wiggle room and we do not know when to start counting in case of failure to comply. Thanks.

They have said that they are going to be manufacturing a large batch and send those out at once to prevent one person from getting an advantage. Honestly, I hope the just produce as many as they can and start the first shipments on October 31st to make that first batch as big as possible.

That's my hope, but I still think the delivery will slip to December.

6 months sounds a lot better than 12 months though. The only question is, will the world live long enough to see the end of bitcoin?  Roll Eyes
Maybe this is what leads to the end of the world? Maybe with all those hashes the bitcoin network becomes self aware and destroys the world?

After block 211,221 ,they will be unleashed upon the masses  Shocked

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
owowo

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 06:02:56 PM

step 0: stop reading all this bullshit in this forum.
The LT

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 12:15:24 AM

This "returning your fpga Single for a refund" crap is just an excuse to fill out remaining single preorders Wink

I'm guessing they will be using old Singles and retrofitting the new processors into the SC Singles.
The LT

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 12:45:34 AM

Yeah...talk about disruptive technology...lol  Most of the 21 million bitcoins would be mined in no time compared to the original estimates...
the difficulty changes every 2 weeks. So unless we could online this massive amount of hash power in that timeline, difficulty will quickly increase to keep the block generation as close to 144 per day as possible.

Wrong. Difficulty changes in blocks, not in weeks.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 12:53:18 AM

Yeah...talk about disruptive technology...lol  Most of the 21 million bitcoins would be mined in no time compared to the original estimates...
the difficulty changes every 2 weeks. So unless we could online this massive amount of hash power in that timeline, difficulty will quickly increase to keep the block generation as close to 144 per day as possible.

This is correct. Bitcoin has no concept of time and can only change based on how many blocks are produced. We could have some very quick adjustments when ASIC comes out so there are the same number of blocks produced  no matter how many terahash gets thrown at mining.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 01:01:33 AM

This is correct. Bitcoin has no concept of time and can only change based on how many blocks are produced. We could have some very quick adjustments when ASIC comes out so there are the same number of blocks produced  no matter how many terahash gets thrown at mining.

The only limit is the factor by which the difficulty can increase at one time.  4x?(citation needed)

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:55:44 AM

Seriously, why do BFL needs your BTC for 6?+ months in advance when they got money form the secret VC?
I have a 50:50 chance to "regret" (not really) my decision but I cancelled my order for 2 SC's on time and never sent them any BTC.
I invested some of my BTC and now I am just waiting to see, how this all plays out.
If they really are going to use a lottery (random selection) to select first lucky shipments, it' makes even less sense to send the BTC right now.
Did you check, are your coins still at the same address where you sent them?

Just to test out my "theory" I entered another order today and I was given this address 14x69wLgdnwVArE8BhPm5DQ4aVGQwXkqeW  for the transfer. And as I expected, this is not a new nor is it a empty account. Regenerated the order and I got: 1Ckct1YiUZNZyJT5xm2QEWjdrYn55hy6cj
Brilliant!

step 1 - get some VCs to loan you money, use it to buy bitcoins for a cheap price.
step 2 - tell people you have a product that's not even close to finalized
step 3 - sell your bitcoins for a profit while customers buy bitcoins since it's the only way to buy the 'product'
step 4 - oversell your first production batch at least 6 months before it will be ready
step 5 - actually develop a product 
step 6 - when customers ask for specs or demand ETA, make that person happy and pretend like that's the same way everybody will be treated
step 7 - mine with all the customer units for a couple months before you start shipping. 
step 8 - fake a lottery system so that you can explain how all your buddies got units before others.  but fill a couple orders for well respected community leaders, so that you can still sell more units
step 9 - start selling the next batch of non-existent products with no intention of shipping anything

I am not surprised, if 75% of this is actually true Smiley

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 08:28:59 AM

Why do they need your money 6 month up front ?!

That's how VC works .....

They give u money only if u archive some goals. Something like "aquire at least 500k$ in one year", and that means, U have to sell your product even of its not ready, or they won't invest any further into your company.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 08:54:41 AM

Seriously, why do BFL needs your BTC for 6?+ months in advance when they got money form the secret VC?
I have a 50:50 chance to "regret" (not really) my decision but I cancelled my order for 2 SC's on time and never sent them any BTC.
I invested some of my BTC and now I am just waiting to see, how this all plays out.
If they really are going to use a lottery (random selection) to select first lucky shipments, it' makes even less sense to send the BTC right now.

Just to test out my "theory" I entered another order today and I was given this address 14x69wLgdnwVArE8BhPm5DQ4aVGQwXkqeW  for the transfer. And as I expected, this is not a new nor is it a empty account. Regenerated the order and I got: 1Ckct1YiUZNZyJT5xm2QEWjdrYn55hy6cj
Brilliant!
Interesting address one step away from 14x69wLgdnwVArE8BhPm5DQ4aVGQwXkqeW:
http://blockchain.info/address/1JuZT3sBomuzcFjQvVTLdXM97U6wCvazJR

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:42:44 PM

Brilliant!

Isn't that one of the BTCST addies?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:49:56 PM

Brilliant!

Isn't that one of the BTCST addies?

No way ! There must be some mistake here !

I always believed pirateat40 = BFL = gigavps but I am mad and have not taken my meds today Cheesy
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 05:36:35 AM

Brilliant!

This isn't surprising. These addresses aren't BFL's addresses, they are bitpay's. They have a system where you are assigned an address to pay to and you have 15 minutes to pay. It seems that rather than making a brand new address for every single transaction, they have a pool of addresses that are guaranteed not to overlap in that 15 minutes. I see how are some privacy concerns, but there are aspects of this that are pretty cool.
Smoovious

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:44:17 AM

Brilliant!

This isn't surprising. These addresses aren't BFL's addresses, they are bitpay's. They have a system where you are assigned an address to pay to and you have 15 minutes to pay. It seems that rather than making a brand new address for every single transaction, they have a pool of addresses that are guaranteed not to overlap in that 15 minutes. I see how are some privacy concerns, but there are aspects of this that are pretty cool.
I can't speak of whether or not they reuse addresses, but the 15 minutes applies to the quoted amount of BTC due, since the value of BTC changes frequently.

If they receive your BTC after the 15 minutes, they get alerted to the late payment, and if it still covers the amount, your order will be fine, and if the BTC no longer covers the flat money price, you will get credited for what you sent, and will be notified that it was short, and will need to send more to cover the price.

This is from an email conversation I had about a similar situation, where Tony and one of his other people shared with me how this part works.

Also, your payment is counted as soon as they see the transaction, locking in the 15-minute price. You don't have to wait until they get a confirmation on the transaction to lock it in, so, you won't get spanked by unlucky periods of no blocks for an hour and such.

-- Smoov
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:18:31 PM

So I just went today to make the wire transfer to the bank but they told me the data that BFL gave me was insufficient to make the wire tranfer?

Anyone had the same problem?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:28:17 PM

So I just went today to make the wire transfer to the bank but they told me the data that BFL gave me was insufficient to make the wire tranfer?

Strange...BFL should have sent you the account #, the routing #, bank name and address, account name and associated address. I can't remember what it was called, but I think there was also another number needed for international transfers. That info should suffice for the transfer. What info did your bank say was missing?   
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:33:55 PM

Strange...BFL should have sent you the account #, the routing #, bank name and address, account name and associated address. I can't remember what it was called, but I think there was also another number needed for international transfers. That info should suffice for the transfer. What info did your bank say was missing?   

I would think you need the Swift number for international transfers. But that's included in BFLs instructions. Sometimes they want the phone number of the other party (that's on their website). Having done the bank transfer (domestic US), and looking at BFLs transfer instructions, I don't see what could be missing. Could your bank be a little more specific, swissmate?

swissmate

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:45:20 PM

I would think you need the Swift number for international transfers. But that's included in BFLs instructions. Sometimes they want the phone number of the other party (that's on their website). Having done the bank transfer (domestic US), and looking at BFLs transfer instructions, I don't see what could be missing. Could your bank be a little more specific, swissmate?

They sent me Bank name, Bank address, Swift, ABA / Routing, Account Name, Account Number and Account Address.

Apparently that isn't anough.
Anyone knowing bank things or economics knows if that would be enough to make a wire transfer?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:59:12 PM

They sent me Bank name, Bank address, Swift, ABA / Routing, Account Name, Account Number and Account Address.

Apparently that isn't anough.
Anyone knowing bank things or economics knows if that would be enough to make a wire transfer?

Well they should have told what else they need. I'd take all that info plus BFL's phone number back to the bank and demand an explanation for why the info you've provided isn't enough. Sounds to me like you either got an ignorant bank employee or they are just giving you the run around b/c they don't want you to wire funds our of your account for some reason. I'd ask to speak to the branch manager if they are still unwilling to do it for you or can't at least tell you what else they need. Very fishy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: