Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:42:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450426 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:33:45 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2016, 01:06:59 PM by canth

I donate some BTC, but haven't recieved any XEL. Should I keep waiting until ICO is finished ? Or something is wrong.  I used blockchain.info to transfer BTC.

Hi, I am sure all went fine.
If you take a look at the bottom of the genesis block here: https://github.com/elastic-project/genesis-block/blob/master/genesis-block.json

You see the two recent donations were added fine. One of them must be yours, check with the TXID.

I've looked for 2 donations I made - don't see them either. I'll BitMessage Lannister with my TXIDs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:02:56 PM

I see mine.  Cheesy 

Its been a long haul for elastic, but I am ready for the release! 

I have faith!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
akhavr

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:52:57 PM

The problem could be that Elastic-flops could be too expensive in comparison to its competitors. I'm not sure if its an actual issue,

If I'll be able to find cheap flops and sell them on Elastic with profit, I'll arbitrage immediately and take the profit.  Thus, Elastic flops price will be top-bound by competitors' prices, not the other way around.

but mining can give really big profit percentages and miners, or rather people who hire them, are willing to pay a lot to get them at the right time... so at the time of hype of some coin, if we can judge by the mining rental sites, Elastic would be hired to mine, while all the other jobs would wait or pay a lot more.

As I've mentioned earlier, I can run ALOT of quantum chemistry jobs, but if cryptomining pays (to miners) better, that tells something about relative usefulness of both types of jobs.  Am I wrong?

chiqianguai

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:11:54 AM

I donate some BTC, but haven't recieved any XEL. Should I keep waiting until ICO is finished ? Or something is wrong.  I used blockchain.info to transfer BTC.

If you take a look at the bottom of the genesis block here: https://github.com/elastic-project/genesis-block/blob/master/genesis-block.json

You see the two recent donations were added fine. One of them must be yours, check with the TXID.

Thank you for your help.
I checked genesis block. My transaction is well done. I just want know where to check my XEL tokens ? Or they are not issued yet ?
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:19:00 AM

I donate some BTC, but haven't recieved any XEL. Should I keep waiting until ICO is finished ? Or something is wrong.  I used blockchain.info to transfer BTC.

Thank you for your help.
I checked genesis block. My transaction is well done. I just want know where to check my XEL tokens ? Or they are not issued yet ?
I think the tokens will be issued at the end of the fundraising.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:22:26 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 08:28:48 PM by canth

I donate some BTC, but haven't recieved any XEL. Should I keep waiting until ICO is finished ? Or something is wrong.  I used blockchain.info to transfer BTC.

I've looked for 2 donations I made - don't see them either. I'll BitMessage Lannister with my TXIDs.

Bump. @Lannister - can you check BitMessage plz?
[edit] - Lannister messaged me on BM. Both txids are showing in the genesis block. Thanks Lannister!

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:01:50 AM

What are the ico terms? what is the long term value of holding tokens vs BTC?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
btcnoob85

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 06:45:32 PM

What are the ico terms? what is the long term value of holding tokens vs BTC?

Dude. Max 5M coins will be issued after a defined scheme. Check http://www.elastic.pro/donations. It is donation and there is no right for a refund.

░▒▓▓▒░ THE MOVEMENT DAO |  UNSTOPPABLE ORGANIZATION ░▒▓▓▒░
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 08:40:30 PM

The problem could be that Elastic-flops could be too expensive in comparison to its competitors. I'm not sure if its an actual issue,

If I'll be able to find cheap flops and sell them on Elastic with profit, I'll arbitrage immediately and take the profit.  Thus, Elastic flops price will be top-bound by competitors' prices, not the other way around.
I think it depends on what conditions or state of the system we're talking about, in the early stages of low market allocative efficiency that are correlated with high speculation, arbitrage may not be sufficient to achieve a decrease of price, but would rather increase the volatility.

but mining can give really big profit percentages and miners, or rather people who hire them, are willing to pay a lot to get them at the right time... so at the time of hype of some coin, if we can judge by the mining rental sites, Elastic would be hired to mine, while all the other jobs would wait or pay a lot more.

As I've mentioned earlier, I can run ALOT of quantum chemistry jobs, but if cryptomining pays (to miners) better, that tells something about relative usefulness of both types of jobs.  Am I wrong?
It doesn't tell you about usefulness of types in general, it tells you about the relative usefulness of types for profit, how this correlates to general usefulness in general is debatable, but the case of irrational, small markets (such as crypto markets) there is no significant correlation between them. My concerns are all just about the effective unity of the system, weather it will behave efficiently as a supercomputer or just a mining rental auction platform, the difference is just in the mode of the relation between the whole and its parts, and seems insignificant to most, but I think it is a choice with long term implications.
akhavr

Activity: 235

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:28:09 AM

how this correlates to general usefulness in general is debatable

I doubt there exists any instrumental non-subjective way to measure general usefulness.   Especially in case of small irrational markets.

My concerns are all just about the effective unity of the system, weather it will behave efficiently as a supercomputer or just a mining rental auction platform, the difference is just in the mode of the relation between the whole and its parts, and seems insignificant to most, but I think it is a choice with long term implications.

Can you expand your thought?    I can't to follow you.

Say, I'm doing a (real world engineering) project for creating a cheap ethanon fuel cell.  We have to run lots of quantum chemistry calculations.  If I can rent flops on Elastic cheaper than, say, on Amazon - I can save funds or run more datapoints.  If Elastic is more expensive than Amazon, I can spin off EC2 servers, sell their flops on Elastic with profit, and use this profit to run even more jobs.

What would be long term implications?

Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:41:37 AM

hi EK, July 30th seems to be a very important day ( SDK & Testnet) , are we still on schedule ? Thanks

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
marechoux

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:54:50 AM

WTB XEL at rate 8000 XEL / BTC, I am open for discussion about the price.

I accept only if lannister is doing escrow and can insure me that I will have the full ownership of XEL with no risk of stealing from the seller.

PM me if interested

wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:51:02 AM

whether you are a beginning phase distribution were ico % bonus?

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:58:41 AM

I accept only if lannister is doing escrow and can insure me that I will have the full ownership of XEL with no risk of stealing from the seller.

PM me if interested

but why on forum?
you can buy it on "ico" site

IOTA
marechoux

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:23:10 AM

PM me if interested

but why on forum?

I have tempted to answer but my post has been deleted.

Should I know the reason?
marechoux

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:38:41 AM

PM me if interested

but why on forum?

I have tempted to answer but my post has been deleted.

Should I know the reason?

Anyway that's strange, I will try to answer again without any deleting;

So I have seen in the thread that some people wished to sell their XEL ( for reasons that I don't know, maybe increased price of BTC / some bills to pay / etc ...), so I am offering to buy back their XEL but at a better rate than current IPO price.

On my side I get more XEL  and on their side they can cash out.

I am just asking and if you are not intertested you can just don't pay attention to my offer, and if you are interested you just have to PM me.

Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:00:19 PM

Sorry for the mystery about your deleted post. Not sure what the deleted comment was, but some posts are automatically trashed if they use certain forbidden words like 'i*nvest' in their body or signatures.
The reason is because with your donation you MUST signify that you DO NOT see your donation as a speculative i*nvestment of any kind and that you just altruistically support the development of a cleverly inventive, ingenious system with uncertain outcome. And in reference to what I just wrote, this is not an IPO either.

I cannot escrow any funds without an appropriate money transmitting license, but when the seller signs a message using the address he used for his donation where he confirms the sale and entitles a new owner in the form of a public key, then I can insure you to change the corresponding record in the genesis block irrevocably.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
marechoux

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:20:34 PM

Sorry for the mystery about your deleted post. Not sure what the deleted comment was, but some posts are automatically trashed if they use certain forbidden words like 'i*nvest' in their body or signatures.
The reason is because with your donation you MUST signify that you DO NOT see your donation as a speculative i*nvestment of any kind and that you just altruistically support the development of a cleverly inventive, ingenious system with uncertain outcome. And in reference to what I just wrote, this is not an IPO either.

I cannot escrow any funds without an appropriate money transmitting license, but when the seller signs a message using the address he used for his donation where he confirms the sale and entitles a new owner in the form of a public key, then I can insure you to change the corresponding record in the genesis block irrevocably.

Thanks for your answer Lannister, and indeed I guess I have used a banned word as my post got deleted almost instantly.

Totally agree with your behavior about the donation, I saw in so many projects devs spending hours everyday just to answer feared inv*estors, and regardless if the project is good or not there are always troll and feared people.

Anyway if nobody ask me to transfert his ownership I will make a donation in the next fex days.

If I am correct, to have a wallet on blockchain.info with my password safe is enough to claim my XEL when they will be available?

Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:31:11 PM

If I am correct, to have a wallet on blockchain.info with my password safe is enough to claim my XEL when they will be available?

That's correct. As long as you can gain access to the private key of the address that belongs to the first input to your donation transaction, you will be able to redeem your XEL. There will be a handy tool which will simplify this process for a number of open source wallets and make it easier for the average joe to redeem his XEL.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:25:10 PM

Thanks for your answer Lannister, and indeed I guess I have used a banned word as my post got deleted almost instantly.

Totally agree with your behavior about the donation, I saw in so many projects devs spending hours everyday just to answer feared inv*estors, and regardless if the project is good or not there are always troll and feared people.

Anyway if nobody ask me to transfert his ownership I will make a donation in the next fex days.

Per my post #935 ; I can transfer the own*ership of the pubkey donation below for 1 btc.  It's discounted (as the total is more than 1 btc) but I cannot change the number of XEL.

Yes, you're correct that the rise of the btc is one factor and I s*old many of my altcoin h*oldings to consolidate back to btc.  I'm only s*elling some of my XEL donation and not everything.

pubkey:   0217e6fb61c54b5e8c9e81d99230bae79edb0430cbaa05f5d73382347f727d84b4

1.   2,493.20 xel   .368 btc
2.   1,870.64 xel   .28  btc
3.   2,958.12 xel   .45  btc

Total   7,321.96 xel   1.098 btc

halu
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: