Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 70463 times)
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:52:10 PM

The mining is becoming too expensive and none profitable. I think that will bring Bitcoin to an end. Another problems is that there is only a few miners left controlled by a few making them controlling Bitcoins. It's no longer the currency of the people but a currency of the few rich companies that runs the show.....but for how long can the continue?

I have been looking at Rimbit  instead since it is premined and therefore don't need the middleman with the expensive hardware for transaction validation. Instead the validation is done by the wallet's running on peoples computers. As I see it it's a currency for the people and it will stay that way. Sadly it's still fairly unknown.

Time will show how long Bitcoins survive but my guess is not more than 3 years......please challenge that statement with serious arguments.
there is no immortal in this world but i guess although mining will ended bitcoin will not die because more people has interested bitcoin every day and i considers as long people still use bitcoin and i think bitcoin will not die at least for next 5 years
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:52:56 PM

The most likely things that could kill bitcoin in my opinion.

The profitability of mining falls so low that it is no longer enough to secure the network. (small block rewards + small transaction fees + low transaction volume = 51% attack)
Network unable to sync due to bandwidth, latency or connection issues stemming from larger blocks, massive Ddos attacks (government sponsored) or a large war resulting in huge forks lasting weeks if not months.
Failure to find consensus (civil war) leading to two or more incompatible versions of Bitcoin.

A cure for Avoidant Personality Disorder is found, Satoshi Nakamoto reviles himself to the world and sells all his bitcoins and/or he announces a vastly superior protocol to replace bitcoin.  

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:56:26 PM

Nope , Bitcoins wont die . Due to the increased popularity and investment , People wont let bitcoins die . Although mining is getting tougher , Its not the only thing . Gambling has become so easy because of bitcoins . ITs fun too .

Its really hard to tell when will bitcoin die,when theres a problem within the developers and they cant agree into something then bitcoin might die.
wafersticks09

Activity: 126

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:02:03 PM

What on earth, another person again saying/guessing that bitcoin will die. There are many problems comes to bitcoin everytime such as hacking, Mike hearn, etc  but look bitcoin is still alive.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:03:09 PM

the only way that bitcoin can die IMO is if some kind of serious flaw is found in the code that makes it vulnerable and unfixable.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 02:06:23 PM

The last bitcoin will be earned in 2140 and even after this bitcoins still will be useable. At my opinion bitcoin will die when people will stop using it.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:14:43 PM

the only way that bitcoin can die IMO is if some kind of serious flaw is found in the code that makes it vulnerable and unfixable.

bitcoin is open source, which basically means that everything can be implemented to fix flaws. beside that, bitcoin will only die when there is no internet, or when there is no power anymore in the world. but all these things can be solved in a quick fashion which will make bitcoin only "die" for a very short time.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:44:24 PM

We really can't tell with great certainty anything about future.
But if you think logically Bitcoin is already something that happens only one in lifetime. Many people had luck to recognize Bitcoin and his possibilities few years before. Don't be afraid bitcoin is safe from death or from other problems , but will never be safe from trolls and fudders..

You can rent this space
haileysantos95

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:50:43 PM

The last bitcoin will be earned in 2140 and even after this bitcoins still will be useable. At my opinion bitcoin will die when people will stop using it.

Well that would be the end of bitcoin is there is no user using bitcoin,when there is no more user to a certain thing it is consider as dead.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:02:11 PM

It would never take place. If the mankind come to an end due to some sudden disaster a small possibility arises.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:41:59 PM

Bitcoin will never die  they will last forever even if they become less worth. As long as people are willing to pay for Bitcoins.
if bitcoin continue to be used for the transaction and there is still trading volume for bitcoin. I think bitcoin will still exist. so keep keep bitcoin and use as long as you can. then bitcoin will continue to live

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:50:16 PM

Bitcoin will never die  they will last forever even if they become less worth. As long as people are willing to pay for Bitcoins.
if bitcoin continue to be used for the transaction and there is still trading volume for bitcoin. I think bitcoin will still exist. so keep keep bitcoin and use as long as you can. then bitcoin will continue to live
true, as long as they remain in use bitcoin, bitcoin will never die. but if one day bitcoin is not used anymore, it is just a matter of time until bitcoin eliminated
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:52:32 PM

Well that would be the end of bitcoin is there is no user using bitcoin,when there is no more user to a certain thing it is consider as dead.

then you should wait until i'm dead, because i know that i'll use it, for the entire existence of my life

the same can be said for many other here, i believe
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 03:53:44 PM

bitcoin will never totally die, thats kinda impossible...

but i'll say bitcoin will "die" when an altcoin gains a bigger market share.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:57:00 PM

One thing is sure bitcoin will die only if we left it ,if we keep here supporting it wont gonna happen.Even when the last coin being mined it wont happen since a new way to keep the miners active with their hash to protect bitcoin should happen.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:58:32 PM

You can kill almost everything if you know what and how you must do that. I only cannot find right motive for this kill, and i believe this can't die suddenly by itself.
I believe there is much more opportunities for everybody, and even for banks, so they won't harm BTC i believe,
(only if they want, they can kill it in one day).
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:13:20 PM

The mining is becoming too expensive and none profitable. I think that will bring Bitcoin to an end. Another problems is that there is only a few miners left controlled by a few making them controlling Bitcoins. It's no longer the currency of the people but a currency of the few rich companies that runs the show.....but for how long can the continue?

I have been looking at Rimbit  instead since it is premined and therefore don't need the middleman with the expensive hardware for transaction validation. Instead the validation is done by the wallet's running on peoples computers. As I see it it's a currency for the people and it will stay that way. Sadly it's still fairly unknown.

Time will show how long Bitcoins survive but my guess is not more than 3 years......please challenge that statement with serious arguments.

not more than 3 years you said?
i dont think so,bitcoin will stay alive until more than 5 years again,this year maybe will decide how long bitcoin would life and stay adopted by many people,lets see and wait.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:22:10 PM

As far as i know bitcoin will not die because this our life. and many website accepting bitcoin as payment..
I didnt know why still people saying that bitcoin will die?

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:41:13 PM

For now bitcoin is strong and there is not tell when it will fall. I hope it will be many more years as we still have room for bitcoin's improvement, evolution and changes.
From the other hand is bitcoin were to fall, this will probably shake every other cryptocurrency to the point of total crypto crisis. We don't want that to happen.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 06:42:47 PM

I really don't see bitcoin going anywhere. The community core is here to stay for the long term. Like anything else, there will be growing pains.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: