Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589771 times)
fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 04:00:56 PM

another noob question how to join a pool like ethpool or nanopool
I am going to setup 3 rigs with 5gpu's on each of them so my question is how to join the pool for each of coin this Miner supports

Thanks in advance
There is a start.bat file in the Claymore directory. This is called a batch file. It can be setup to run when your computer turns on. You need to do a couple things first.

1. Set your computer to automatically login to windows on reboot and not require username/password.
http://www.howtogeek.com/112919/how-to-make-your-windows-8-computer-logon-automatically/

2. Make a shortcut to the claymore start.bat file and put it into the windows startup folder
http://www.howtogeek.com/228467/how-to-make-a-program-run-at-startup-on-any-computer/

I am going to setup 3 rigs with 5gpu's on each of them so my question is how to join the pool for each of coin this Miner supports

Thanks in advance

You don't want to mine at ethpool. You won't get paid for weeks at a time because of the way they divide work.

At ethermine (run by the same people as ethpool), nanopool, or dwarfpool  you just need an ethereum wallet address. You don't have to signup to mine on those pools. You just need to specify your ethereum wallet address.  Follow the instructions in Claymore's readme.txt and replace his wallet address with your own.  You can use worker names like "worker1" "worker2" and "worker3" to identify your 3 different rigs so when you look at your stats on the pool you'll know which rig is which.

Hope this helps.

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:36:51 PM

Hi guys, can someone help me to make my rig working (6 x Asus Rx470 Strix 4gb)? As soon as I start mining, application crashes,getting error message = driver stop working. With 1 gpu, Claymore miner working normally. I tried different drivers, currently I have installed 16.9.1. (win 10-64 bit). Do I need to change .bat file or something? Does anyone have 6 rx470 card rig working as expected?
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 06:44:32 PM

PS: also what operative system would you suggest to run this miner? I was thinking about installing WIN10, because apparently is good to overclock the GPUs later on. Do you agree, or do you think there are better options basing on your experience?

Every help is deeply appreciated, thank you!

I would go for win 10 /64 bit , i have no luck to setup 6 card running trouble free under win 7 .
Win 10 is recognizing 6 cards without any additional settings , tweaks , all you need is install win 10 , then the newest amd driver , connect all the cards and you good to go Smiley
I would suggest  , install win 10 with 1 card connected to the mobo , after installation connect another 5 , and be patient when you pc is booting up with all 6 card connected , windows need some time to assign the driver for each card , it sometimes take a few minutes your screen may will flashing , flickering during this time.

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:46:18 PM

Hi guys, can someone help me to make my rig working (6 x Asus Rx470 Strix 4gb)? As soon as I start mining, application crashes,getting error message = driver stop working. With 1 gpu, Claymore miner working normally. I tried different drivers, currently I have installed 16.9.1. (win 10-64 bit). Do I need to change .bat file or something? Does anyone have 6 rx470 card rig working as expected?
Which PSU? Did you uninstall drivers with DDU?
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 06:47:39 PM

Hello

What driver is recomended for rx 480?

Thanks

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Crimson Edition 16.9.1

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 06:55:17 PM

Are u sure your power supply can handle your setup power draw ?
try each card one by one , if all working as a single card setup the cards are ok .
next try to connect 2 on the same time , start the miner , then 3  , then 4 , then 5 , then 6 , and see how many cards hashing without error
if you have 3-4 or 5 card working fine, then maybe you will need a bigger power supply ...
if you installed or updated drivers , uninstall them , remove completly ,  boot the pc with one card installed , install amd driver , reboot , turn off your pc , connect all cards , and be patient when you pc is booting up with all 6 card connected , windows need some time to assign the driver for each card , it sometimes take a few minutes your screen may will flashing , flickering during this time. wait  wait and wait dont start the miner or wattman , if you do your vga driver will crash

xxcsu

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 07:07:09 PM

today I am going to set up my first mining rig with 6 XFX RX480 8gb GPUs, and I would like to install Claymore's dual miner on it, so I was wondering, which one is more profitable atm?

ETH+DCR, ETH+SIA, or ETH+Lbry?

For me ETH+SIA is the most profitable. But it may vary in your case, you could check with your equipment. Win10 is OK, but you have to tune it (disable telemetry, disable useless services)

there is a easy to use , great app , to deal with win telemetry , disabling tracking in Windows 10
https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking

wll1rah

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:36:35 PM

Hello Claymore. I've been using your miner for 30+ Radeon 480's and several 390's / Fury X's. Great software with very little problems. I have recommended your software to all my mining friends which they use. I hope you can help with a problem.

I purchased a single Geforce 1070 and cannot get it to mine. I'm running Windows 10 Anniversary update with the latest drivers. I've used the same working batch file that work with my Radeons. When I launch my batch file I get an error from EthDcrMiner64.exe (latest version 7) saying

"The program can't start because OpenCL.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have verified OpenCL.dll exists on my Windows system. I tried copying opencl.dll locally to the root mining folder (with the EthDcrMiner exe) and I get an error stating "The application was unable to start correctly (0X000007B). Click OK to close the application."

After some Googling I read new Nivida drivers corrupt OpenCL.dll when overwriting the file. So tired repair instructions listed under this website https://appuals.com/repair-corrupt-opencl-dll-in-windows-10/ which did not help me.

I'm a total newbie with Nvidia Pascal mining, can you please help? I read through your readme documentation and I see nothing specific to Nvidia cards that I should be doing to get this working. I'm at a loss and need your help.

Thanks in advance!

try with just the basics first meaning just the pool/s configuration for mining.  If you didn't change the start.bat file just try that.  I have to 1060 3GB that I have used since he added NV support without issue.
  Also If you didn't do a clean install of your drivers for NVidia for windows 10 after the update it causes problems.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't make any changes to my working batch file. I simply ran it after the anniversary update and it complained about OpenCL missing. I just ran DDU and reinstalling the Nvidia drivers recommended on the first page.

My batch file for reference looks like this:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal Mining_Address.MinerName -epsw x

Nevermind. I updated to the latest DDU verson, uninstalled previous driver in safe mode and installed the recommended drivers on the first page and now I'm mining away with my ITX Gigabyte 1070! Thanks for your help.

Seems to be working fine. Mining speeds are a little lower then expected at 24.5 - 25Mh. I haven't done any overclocking at all, this is just stock. I believe this card has Micron memory (according to GPU-Z) so I'm not sure if that's going to hold it back but I'll report back my hashes after overclocking.

Happy now!

Next project, flash 32 Radeon 480's with custom BIOS to bring up overall hash speeds 100+Mh. This will take a while heh. What's the recommended remote desktop software around here? TeamViewer?

OK spent a few hours tweaking power settings and overclocking / underclocking. I think I have pretty decent results for this tiny ITX Gigabyte 1070, what do you think?

Nvidia cards aren't as good for Ethereum costwise.  They do OK, but not for the cost.  They don't dual mine as well either.  Currently it is better to min LBRY with them.  I can get ~$50-55/month from a 470 with stock clocks, on Eth+Sia.  A 1060 3GB gets $40/month for similar cost.  However LBRY it will get ~$50/month.  So it is still profitable on them, just somewhat better to do LBRY right now, but it also depends on price/difficulty of that, which moves a lot.

There is a private miner for LBRY, but I don't like the idea of paying for miner, that also has a high devfee, with only slightly faster hashing, and wouldn't be worth it unless you had multiple nvidia rigs.  From the thread on it, it is also unstable at some pools due to poor network code. The dev isn't really friendly either.

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. I'm well aware Radeon's are better for mining Ether, hence why I'm mining at over a Gh with 30+ cards already. I bought the 1070 as I needed a low powered ITX card to fit in my HTPC and serve double duty. As for mining some altcoin like LBRY I generally don't bother with as I mine Ether and hold with the expectation it'll rise in value over the next few years. These alt coins (and LBRY looks like something that's being done in Ethereum anyway) come and go and are mainly good if you are immediately trading. I'll keep my eye on it but for now I rather get another 30Mh out of this 1070 mining Ether. 

Why is your memory clock so low on  your GTX 1070 in your picture it says it's set to 1350 and I'm assuming that is its base frequency which means its only running at 5400 Mhz effective on your 1070 which is really low.  it should be closer to 8000 effective if not hight
manlabor

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:08:16 PM

is it auto start Miner(Mining)
Means to say if my pc restarted or shutdown unexpectedly this miner start(restart) automatically and start mining?
Sorry for noob questions as i going to start Mining now Smiley

Thanks in advance

Start with BIOS settings on motherboard.  You usually have three options after a power loss event:  Shut Off, Turn On, Return to Previous State

Next would depend on your operating system.  For Windows, add program to startup folder.  For Linux, add program to Startup Applications.

Follow the directions provided on the pool website.  If you are just starting, I would get some equipment (maybe just one video card) and get that up and running. 

Joemid

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:10:01 PM

Hello Claymore. I've been using your miner for 30+ Radeon 480's and several 390's / Fury X's. Great software with very little problems. I have recommended your software to all my mining friends which they use. I hope you can help with a problem.

I purchased a single Geforce 1070 and cannot get it to mine. I'm running Windows 10 Anniversary update with the latest drivers. I've used the same working batch file that work with my Radeons. When I launch my batch file I get an error from EthDcrMiner64.exe (latest version 7) saying

"The program can't start because OpenCL.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have verified OpenCL.dll exists on my Windows system. I tried copying opencl.dll locally to the root mining folder (with the EthDcrMiner exe) and I get an error stating "The application was unable to start correctly (0X000007B). Click OK to close the application."

After some Googling I read new Nivida drivers corrupt OpenCL.dll when overwriting the file. So tired repair instructions listed under this website https://appuals.com/repair-corrupt-opencl-dll-in-windows-10/ which did not help me.

I'm a total newbie with Nvidia Pascal mining, can you please help? I read through your readme documentation and I see nothing specific to Nvidia cards that I should be doing to get this working. I'm at a loss and need your help.

Thanks in advance!

try with just the basics first meaning just the pool/s configuration for mining.  If you didn't change the start.bat file just try that.  I have to 1060 3GB that I have used since he added NV support without issue.
  Also If you didn't do a clean install of your drivers for NVidia for windows 10 after the update it causes problems.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't make any changes to my working batch file. I simply ran it after the anniversary update and it complained about OpenCL missing. I just ran DDU and reinstalling the Nvidia drivers recommended on the first page.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal Mining_Address.MinerName -epsw x

Nevermind. I updated to the latest DDU verson, uninstalled previous driver in safe mode and installed the recommended drivers on the first page and now I'm mining away with my ITX Gigabyte 1070! Thanks for your help.

Seems to be working fine. Mining speeds are a little lower then expected at 24.5 - 25Mh. I haven't done any overclocking at all, this is just stock. I believe this card has Micron memory (according to GPU-Z) so I'm not sure if that's going to hold it back but I'll report back my hashes after overclocking.

Happy now!

Next project, flash 32 Radeon 480's with custom BIOS to bring up overall hash speeds 100+Mh. This will take a while heh. What's the recommended remote desktop software around here? TeamViewer?

OK spent a few hours tweaking power settings and overclocking / underclocking. I think I have pretty decent results for this tiny ITX Gigabyte 1070, what do you think?

http://imgur.com/a/Mfj9P

Nvidia cards aren't as good for Ethereum costwise.  They do OK, but not for the cost.  They don't dual mine as well either.  Currently it is better to min LBRY with them.  I can get ~$50-55/month from a 470 with stock clocks, on Eth+Sia.  A 1060 3GB gets $40/month for similar cost.  However LBRY it will get ~$50/month.  So it is still profitable on them, just somewhat better to do LBRY right now, but it also depends on price/difficulty of that, which moves a lot.

There is a private miner for LBRY, but I don't like the idea of paying for miner, that also has a high devfee, with only slightly faster hashing, and wouldn't be worth it unless you had multiple nvidia rigs.  From the thread on it, it is also unstable at some pools due to poor network code. The dev isn't really friendly either.

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. I'm well aware Radeon's are better for mining Ether, hence why I'm mining at over a Gh with 30+ cards already. I bought the 1070 as I needed a low powered ITX card to fit in my HTPC and serve double duty. As for mining some altcoin like LBRY I generally don't bother with as I mine Ether and hold with the expectation it'll rise in value over the next few years. These alt coins (and LBRY looks like something that's being done in Ethereum anyway) come and go and are mainly good if you are immediately trading. I'll keep my eye on it but for now I rather get another 30Mh out of this 1070 mining Ether. 

Why is your memory clock so low on  your GTX 1070 in your picture it says it's set to 1350 and I'm assuming that is its base frequency which means its only running at 5400 Mhz effective on your 1070 which is really low.  it should be closer to 8000 effective if not hight

Low memory clock is not better to mining?
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:36:26 PM

When I am mining LBRY + ETH i get only 55MH/s on libry at maximum. Is this the norm? Or is there some secret to it? Smiley Thanks!

Bitrated user: Kompik.
TR8888

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:46:51 PM

I generally get 16.4-16.7 Mh/s on ethereum now with 280x's, I have many of them and only a couple get 17 mh's now, All elpida memory... Is this normal?
delle54

Activity: 307

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:34:31 PM

Seems to be a severe problem with v 7.0 as my mining speed drops from 23.9 MHs on my RX 480 card down to 15.x MHs.  That is a huge performance drop
I agree. I'm running v 6.4 again, which is much faster -> now 25 Mh/s. Mining ETH+SIA (-dcri 40 @500 Mh/s) on a Sapphire RX 480 8 GB Nitro+, undervolted to 1.0500 mv, GPU Mem. Clk. 2100 MHz.
delle54

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:45:45 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2016, 11:01:40 PM by delle54

I generally get 16.4-16.7 Mh/s on ethereum now with 280x's, I have many of them and only a couple get 17 mh's now, All elpida memory... Is this normal?
For the R9 280x this is normal. Try tweaking your GPU Mem. Clk. gradually and slowly, since ETH is memory intensive. Don't await miracles though, because the difficulty is rising from day to day.
molitar

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:41:46 PM

Seems to be a severe problem with v 7.0 as my mining speed drops from 23.9 MHs on my RX 480 card down to 15.x MHs.  That is a huge performance drop
I agree. I'm running v 6.4 again, which is much faster -> now 25 Mh/s. Mining ETH+SIA (-dcri 40 @500 Mh/s) on a Sapphire RX 480 8 GB Nitro+, undervolted to 1.0500 mv, GPU Mem. Clk. 2100 MHz.

The Nitro+ 8GB can easily do 2250 MHz memory.

http://molitar.no-ip.org:9510/mining-infos.json

Not only that you can do much much better with your settings using WattTool.

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:58:04 PM

The Nitro+ 8GB can easily do 2250 MHz memory.

What about the Nitro+ 4GB?

Any experience with those?

Mine crash as soon as I set memclock above 1875...  Huh

Win10 x64, driver 16.9.1

Any ideas?

delle54

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:35:56 AM

Not only that you can do much much better with your settings using WattTool.
THX very much for the tips. Memclock is running stable at 2200 MHz for now. Will test WattTool and the the rest tomorrow.
wll1rah

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:50:04 AM

Thanks in advance!

Happy now!

Low memory clock is not better to mining?
ETH and coins like it are memory intensive, so overclocking mem is preferred to the gpu core you may still need to overclock the gpu core but NVidia takes care of that all  you need to do for there cards is adjust power limits.
melsell1

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 05:23:24 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 06:00:15 AM by melsell1

I have 3x r9 380x in 0,1,2 slots and 3x rx 480 in 3,4,5 slots but in miner there is a mess and 1 card is trolling and i don't know which one.

Pic: https://www.upload.ee/image/6171171/troll.jpg

How to correct that mess?
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 05:35:53 AM

you are trolling us with that tiny image  Grin

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: