Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589763 times)
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 06:59:08 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 07:26:30 PM by Claymore

@Claymore
can you explain in what order your read the cards or number the cards ?
With old crimson driver it was easy to determine a faulty card because of aticonfig --lsa  printed the gpu number and the PCI ID.. With the PCI ID it was easy to find the PCI-E slot.
Now with amdgpu-pro driver there is no aticonfig tool which prints gpu number and PCI IDs .
So now, if your miner reports an error because of OpenCL hang i only get the GPU number from your miner, but i've no idea what PCI-ID is behind that GPU number to identify faulty card physically.
Thanks

OpenCL: clGetDeviceIDs
ADL: ADL_Adapter_NumberOfAdapters_Get

why did your "fine" miner submit eth1.0 as workername everytime also when -eworker parameter is set ?

"eth1.0" is not related to -eworker parameter, it just marks miner, miner sends "eth1.0" only in "-esm 0" mode and only for "eth_submitLogin" command, in this command you can ignore "worker" at all, it is not used by pools. Though I can send -eworker value there if you want. -eworker value is used in "eth_submitWork" and "eth_submitHashrate" commands only, but most pools that want "-esm 0" mode ignore it even there and take worker name from wallet address (WALLET.WORKER).
PS. If "worker: eth1.0" string in "eth_submitLogin" looks strange for you, I can explain more Smiley First version of my miner did not have "-eworker" parameter (and "-esm" too), it used "worker" in login string just as miner signature, not as rig name. Then I found that there are several ETH-stratum versions and some of them send rig name in "worker" parameter in some commands, I added it to support these pools. But I did not touch original code for "eth_submitLogin" (because it was not necessary) so it still sends the miner marker.

@Claymore
My Rig temperature is not being reported by 7.1 on windows 10. I have 8 AMD GPU's and it use to work fine. I closed the miner and changed the DRC % from 30 to 20 due to summer hitting us and when i started it only shows GPU 0 temperature.

I have no ideas, sorry, it can be something related to videodrivers.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:35:42 PM

why did your "fine" miner submit eth1.0 as workername everytime also when -eworker parameter is set ?

"eth1.0" is not related to -eworker parameter, it just marks miner, miner sends "eth1.0" only in "-esm 0" mode and only for "eth_submitLogin" command, in this command you can ignore "worker" at all, it is not used by pools. Though I can send -eworker value there if you want. -eworker value is used in "eth_submitWork" and "eth_submitHashrate" commands only, but most pools that want "-esm 0" mode ignore it even there and take worker name from wallet address (WALLET.WORKER).
PS. If "worker: eth1.0" string in "eth_submitLogin" looks strange for you, I can explain more Smiley First version of my miner did not have "-eworker" parameter (and "-esm" too), it used "worker" in login string just as miner signature, not as rig name. Then I found that there are several ETH-stratum versions and some of them send rig name in "worker" parameter in some commands, I added it to support these pools. But I did not touch original code for "eth_submitLogin" (because it was not necessary) so it still sends the miner marker.

that is not true... all pools at your named esm 0 mode stratum implementation are using it also in eth_submitLogin,
but they have implement a workaround to set a fixed workerid when not given like your miner and nicehash do...
so that it isn't possible to to identify different rigs ...

by the way your hashrate displayed at miner isn't corrct shows exactly 5 % more then the real hashrate messured at stratum-pool directly connected with a lat. of 0 - 1 ms
so that this could not be a connection to pool related issue

Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:05:33 PM

that is not true... all pools at your named esm 0 mode stratum implementation are using it also in eth_submitLogin,
but they have implement a workaround to set a fixed workerid when not given like your miner and nicehash do...

by the way your hashrate displayed at miner isn't corrct shows exactly 5 % more then the real hashrate messured at stratum-pool directly connected with a lat. of 0 - 1 ms

1. Ok, take Dwarfpool as example of "-esm 0" pool. It uses own eth-proxy software to connect ethminer via stratum to the pool. Sources of eth-proxy are available. Show me the code line that sends worker name in "eth_submitLogin" command and I will agree that I'm wrong. Other "-esm 0" pools must work with eth-proxy properly (because this mode is called "0 - eth-proxy mode" in readme), otherwise you should used "-esm 1" or "-esm 2" mode for them.
2. Please read OP or Readme, "FAQ" section, question "Why pool shows less hashrate than miner?"

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
LeChuckDE

Merit: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:49:19 PM

1. Ok, take Dwarfpool as example of "-esm 0" pool. It uses own eth-proxy software to connect ethminer via stratum to the pool. Sources of eth-proxy are available. Show me the code line that sends worker name in "eth_submitLogin" command and I will agree that I'm wrong. Other "-esm 0" pools must work with eth-proxy properly (because this mode is called "0 - eth-proxy mode" in readme), otherwise you should used "-esm 1" or "-esm 2" mode for them.

2. Please read OP or Readme, "FAQ" section, question "Why pool shows less hashrate than miner?"

1. Definition of eth_submitLogon :
    {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 2, "method": "eth_submitLogin", "worker": "<WorkerID>", "params": ["<Wallet-Address>", "x"]}
    Code : https://github.com/sammy007/open-ethereum-pool/blob/master/proxy/stratum.go#L113

2. You are mentioned that it would be resulting due connection quallity and so on,
    but why show other miners accurat hashrates like orginal cpp-ethereum miner or genoil fork ?

Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:22:31 PM

1. Definition of eth_submitLogon :
    {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 2, "method": "eth_submitLogin", "worker": "<WorkerID>", "params": ["<Wallet-Address>", "x"]}
    Code : https://github.com/sammy007/open-ethereum-pool/blob/master/proxy/stratum.go#L113
2. You are mentioned that it would be resulting due connection quallity and so on,
    but why show other miners accurat hashrates like orginal cpp-ethereum miner or genoil fork ?

1. It seems you see and test only Sammy007 stratum implementation. Unfortunately, there are several others. Here is how I added pools and various stratums:
a. Take stratum software (eth-proxy, qtminer, miner-proxy).
b. Learn sources, sniff traffic, see data.
c. Implement it.
Now you take another (fourth? fifth?) stratum implementation which was created after I added all -esm values, and tell me that my miner works incorrectly for all "-esm 0" pools. It is not true because "-esm 0" mode was created for Dwarfpool originally and it works fine there. But it can be true Sammy007 pools, though I remember when I saw first Sammy007-based pool I tested it and it worked well. If it does not, send me some pool address and explain the issue(s) in details, if necessary I will add "-esm 4" for it if other modes don't work. Or, if sending rig name as "worker" in login string will help and solve all issues - just let me know, I will add it in next update and we all will be happy.
Again: "-esm 0" was created to work exactly as eth-proxy software, it was not designed for Sammy007 pool, this pool was designed later.

2. I measure time spent in GPU and calculate hashrate as NumberOfHashes/GpuTime, that is all, I don't know how other miners calculate hashrate. If you think that I show more hashrate that miner actually gives, I cannot prove anything because my miner is closed source. The only way to measure real hashrate - test my miner and others and see how much they earn. It's not so difficult if you have several GPUs and not in a hurry, and I'm sure many people already did it. Everyone who sees that Genoil's miner (or ethminer) earns more can use his miner, and vice versa. Talking more about differences in hashrate in miner and pool is useless, all my thoughts I've written in FAQ.

Server2850Guy

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:29:58 AM

@claymore :
Sure, there is no reason to start talking about hashrate, as that depends completely from your configuration.

Tried to start your miner, to test on eth, I got this result ;

20:16:01:274   abf62840   cudaGetDeviceCount failed (35, CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version), probably no CUDA devices

My version is cuda 7.5 , the highest I get offered for Linux. Prolly that's the error ?
On which of your versions I can fall back ?

thanks !
voidwalker

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:02:46 AM

I decided I want to try solo mining with my rigs. Can somebody tell me what eth node is recommended, geth or parity ? And what proxy should I use for it that will work with claymore ? Or do I just point claymore's miner to local node address and everything will be fine/optimal ?
Joren22

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:22:03 AM

is there anyway that claymore dual miner supports the new driver updates? for the RX series cards release by AMD??
thanks for the software.
delle54

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:34:03 AM

It works fine with 16.9.1.
armyman

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:46:35 AM

Hi, I am trying to setup a miner with 6 rx480 on windows10 using the latest version of Claymore's dual miner and crimson driver 16.9.1.

I have setup a very simple batch file to start mining on nanopool, but claymore crashes on startup.

The batch looks like

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0xd69af2a796a737a103f12d2f0bcc563a13900e6f -epsw x -eworker rig1 -etha 0

Any idea of what it could be?
Thank you
dolores12

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:23:52 AM

Hi, I am trying to setup a miner with 6 rx480 on windows10 using the latest version of Claymore's dual miner and crimson driver 16.9.1.

I have setup a very simple batch file to start mining on nanopool, but claymore crashes on startup.

The batch looks like

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0xd69af2a796a737a103f12d2f0bcc563a13900e6f -epsw x -eworker rig1 -etha 0

Thank you

1 drivers issue delete your drievers mate...and install again...?

2 you need r to give to your cards more power ?

3 batch has nothing to do but you don't need it mate

THERE WILL BE ......
kridlak

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:26:13 AM

The batch looks like

Thank you

You must use  "-etha 2"  for your cards
dolores12

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:28:11 AM

The batch looks like

Thank you

You must use  "-etha 2"  for your cards

yes delete -etha2 from your config not need gets it's automatic

THERE WILL BE ......
Joren22

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:03:39 AM

really. got a 16.9.2 right now and currently expected hash speed was way below what is expected.
what seems to be the problem with my rig? got a r9 390 and rx470 msi gpu
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:49:38 AM

@claymore :
Sure, there is no reason to start talking about hashrate, as that depends completely from your configuration.
Tried to start your miner, to test on eth, I got this result ;
20:16:01:274   abf62840   cudaGetDeviceCount failed (35, CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version), probably no CUDA devices
My version is cuda 7.5 , the highest I get offered for Linux. Prolly that's the error ?
On which of your versions I can fall back ?
thanks !

Linux version of the miner requires CUDA 8.

I decided I want to try solo mining with my rigs. Can somebody tell me what eth node is recommended, geth or parity ? And what proxy should I use for it that will work with claymore ? Or do I just point claymore's miner to local node address and everything will be fine/optimal ?

No proxy is required, see "SAMPLE USAGE" section for solo sample. Miner supports both geth and parity.

nevermind41

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:22:55 AM

@Claymore
I try mine solo with my rigs. I only use geth and I start it with ''geth.exe --rpc --rpcaddr "192.168.5.198" --rpcport 8545''  in  miner I just see new job accepted messages. I didn't see any share accepted or rejected messages. Is it working properly?
wll1rah

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:31:38 AM

@Claymore
I try mine solo with my rigs. I only use geth and I start it with ''geth.exe --rpc --rpcaddr "192.168.5.198" --rpcport 8545''  in  miner I just see new job accepted messages. I didn't see any share accepted or rejected messages. Is it working properly?

yes, you will only see excepted shares when solo mining when you actually find a block.
wll1rah

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:32:54 AM

anyone know what memory brand sapphire is using for the card "SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 470 100407-4GOCL "?
nevermind41

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:46:30 AM

anyone know what memory brand sapphire is using for the card "SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 470 100407-4GOCL "?
8 GB Nitro use samsung. Others use hynix.
I want to ask something about solo mining to you. When solo mining Ionly see ''new job accepted''. If I see share accepted, I find a block. Is it right? Can you give more detail?
dolores12

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:20:37 AM

8 GB Nitro use samsung. Others use hynix.
I want to ask something about solo mining to you. When solo mining Ionly see ''new job accepted''. If I see share accepted, I find a block. Is it right? Can you give more detail?

no mate you don't hit a block lol

THERE WILL BE ......
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: