Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:56:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
drnkk

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:55:50 PM

Hi
Which OS do you suggest for Margin to be able to work stable without crashing etc?

Bitrated user: drnk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 07:22:08 PM

Hi
Which OS do you suggest for Margin to be able to work stable without crashing etc?
Hey, if you've got Linux in your toolkit, I'd give that a try. There have been only two instances where I've logged in to the server and said OH SH*! it died. A few other times it happened when I got heavy handed with the graphical tools, not so much anymore as it is getting better all the time. Keep an eye on the usual things, you'll want a couple gig of memory and not run out of drive space.

Checkout this page:
https://margin.de/resources/help-center

Happy Trading,

CTShaman

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
drnkk

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 06:56:04 AM

Hi
Hey, if you've got Linux in your toolkit, I'd give that a try. There have been only two instances where I've logged in to the server and said OH SH*! it died. A few other times it happened when I got heavy handed with the graphical tools, not so much anymore as it is getting better all the time. Keep an eye on the usual things, you'll want a couple gig of memory and not run out of drive space.

Checkout this page:
https://margin.de/resources/help-center

Happy Trading,

CTShaman

I am not familiar with linux but find a solution in between.
I installed virtualbox and find a preinstalled ubuntu OS VM, so far so good, Margin is running stable.
I was using margin since first days of leonardo.
I regret that I did not tried at linux before.

Bitrated user: drnk.
cryptounchain

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 08:11:10 AM

Hi guys, im selling my account, its standard license just telegram me for more information Smiley @cryptounchain88
CTShaman

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:28:31 PM

Getting the Most Bits for the Buck from your Ubuntu (any Linux) VPS while running margin:

I have found that most commodity (read cheap) VPS hosts do not pre-build Ubuntu images with swap. This is so they can lease you a larger server than you may really need.

Two antidotes for this particular malady are the packages swapspace and zram-config.

1.) swapspace -- This little known package was first introduced to me by Jonathan (of margin.de fame) in a post here a year and a half ago. I had always hand crafted my own swap and so never had a reason to look for anything else. But this is the far better way to go for persistent swap.
http://pqxx.org/development/swapspace/

2.) zram -- I only found zram yesterday. zram is included in the kernel on by default in Ubuntu since 16.04 but I had never heard of it. However it is not turned on by default. The package to do this is zram-config. Now on the onset it seems like you'll be creating more overhead in memory but it actually works very slick. It partitions swap drives in memory 1 per CPU then compresses the data to be stored there. It works so fast I've installed it on my laptop to keep anything from writing to the SSD swap, very fast and almost no overhead. Some people may opt to use this tool alone for increasing available memory.
https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/05/14/running-out-of-ram-in-ubuntu-enable-zram/

*Note reboot for zram is not required (in case you are in the middle of a rally).  Cheesy
# systemctl start zram-config

Here is the display for my 2 core VPS.

Both of these can be used together for snappy response times right up until the time the system CPU starts fluctuating from trying to manage the overload.

Happy Trading and may all your Hodls be Sodl!  Roll Eyes

CTShaman

punks

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 05:38:31 AM

any plans to add Gate.io , Bitmax.io ?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 09:18:45 AM

any plans to add Gate.io , Bitmax.io ?

Not at this time. If you have any contact at either of those that you want to forward to us that would be great!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 09:41:21 AM

margin 2.1.3 patch released

We are happy to announce that a new patch release is available.

• Gemini exchange added
  • Reimplemented OkCoin backend using new API version and websockets
  • Several improvements for Kraken market (including faster order placing and websockets for public data)
  • Key symbols in login window and add-exchange menu that show whether credentials are available
  • Added backend websocket-support for Poloniex
  • Strategies are now saved automatically in the background
  • Tool Window adaptions are now saved more often automatically
  • Multi-screen/multi-window issues fixed
  • Poloniex place order fix
  • Bots forgetting their state after resuming fixed
  • Portfolio balance history date fix
  • Null prices in ticker fixed
  • mArgin maker stop loss strategy busy issue fixed
  • Ping Pong label error fixed
  • Coinbase new taker fee updated for calculations (note this is not delivered through the API)
  • Bitfinex minimum trade amount rounding issue fixed
  • Under the hood improvements

There are two ways to grab it. Either click the Patch Available link in the margin login window or login to your account on https://margin.de and download from the website.

Not a customer but want to try it out? Download our free Demo here.

richardtknight

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:28:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up on your settings, I'm new to margin and have been finding it hard to get good settings and results so will try yours..

Since last August I have only traded using EMA or long hodls. It has worked pretty well for me, I'm happy to take a little off the top from time to time and pass the rest along. I don't treat it like a gambling machine either, only a percent or two on each pair. I stick with what works and don't lament what doesn't work, no one strategy is fitting for everyone.

Happy Trading!  Wink

CTShaman

[/quote]

What kind of settings do you use for the EMMA? I have not been able to create any settings that produce any positive results.
[/quote]
In early April I turned on Immediate mode and set the percentage from 2% to 1%. I'm still evaluating its performance because the market started correcting mid-month. The amount traded varies from $100 to $20 where I am now, depending on market conditions. Any silliness on my part with finger checks or misnomer setting may end up as a HODL for the duration, some pairs have 5 hodls. This also happens when I move off other exchanges. Right now I am only trading all of the non-stable coin pairs in USDT on Binance and have been since I consolidated from 9 exchanges to 1 in November. I was also only using EMA/HODL on the other exchanges as well since August. A great deal of personal study went into the settings I've been using, just like when I was using Bollinger Bands which was hugely exciting to me, but like I mentioned previously I only work with what works with the way my mind works. I'm sure I'll  have a great time experimenting with whatever magic margin brews up with future strategies but I am quite content with EMA for now.

Growth, accumulation of tokens is my primary goal, learning how the market works and the toughest thing is training my mind to make subtle changes. Buying medication for my wife and paying for the server is where I spend Satoshi, the rest can go to my heirs so they have a little something once fiat collapses.

Happy Trading!

CTShaman

Current settings for all pair:
https://i.ibb.co/F5Pzjh6/image.png
Results:
https://i.ibb.co/7bGHDtZ/image.png
[/quote]
CTShaman

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:10:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up on your settings, I'm new to margin and have been finding it hard to get good settings and results so will try yours..
Hey Richard, I've stuck with what I defined in the post you quoted. Only thing changing is I've been increasing the amount of the transactions as the market grows and only a few pair at a time as their sell orders come through. Each rally has given up some of the hodls I have left. I'm down from 3 pages to 1 page of hodls.

Having learned so much in the last year and a half, I started with mArgin maker strategy, it is hard to go wrong in an up all green market, but as things deteriorated I moved to Bollinger Band which is great, and now to EMA. Trading has really forced me to deal with my patience issues, I now trade with no more than 2% a pair.

My next lesson will be to how to gracefully exit the market in a downturn, I've already started by taking 20% out of the market for every 25% of earnings and not let the LET IT RIDE attitude prevail like in January and August of 2018 when I had half the cost of my retirement home and let it ride all the way to December when I had visions of living in a discarded dryer or washer box.  Shocked

Play with what I'm using, make subtle changes and make it your own, do it your own way once things stabilize for you, it will just feel right when your own  tweaks are added.  Grin

Happy Trading,

CTShaman

CTShaman

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:03:16 PM

• Gemini exchange added
  • Several improvements for Kraken market (including faster order placing and websockets for public data)
  • Key symbols in login window and add-exchange menu that show whether credentials are available
  • Coinbase new taker fee updated for calculations (note this is not delivered through the API)

There are two ways to grab it. Either click the Patch Available link in the margin login window or login to your account on https://margin.de and download from the website.

During yesterday's contraction I updated margin and it was the smoothest quickest update so for with no issues resuming strategies, it was spot on in every instance and amazingly it loaded from the start the outlandish number of pair I use.

Kudos to the margin team and thanks!

CTShaman

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 06:56:57 AM

• Gemini exchange added

During yesterday's contraction I updated margin and it was the smoothest quickest update so for with no issues resuming strategies, it was spot on in every instance and amazingly it loaded from the start the outlandish number of pair I use.

Kudos to the margin team and thanks!

CTShaman

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback CTShamen! The team's hard work is paying off Smiley

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 01:50:49 PM

margin 2.1.4 patch released

• Fix for notification widget visualization
  • Order book parsing fixed for okcoin websockets
  • Fixed crash when moving/closing market tabs in specific order
  • Coinone ticker fixed
  • Poloniex websocket orderbook fixed
  • Fixed missing history in user account balance chart
  • Fixed freezing UI in Ping Pong strategy
  • Fixed disappearing indicators in EMA bot
  • Fixed a crash when closing margin

CTShaman

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:19:30 PM

margin 2.1.4 patch released

• Fix for notification widget visualization
  • Order book parsing fixed for okcoin websockets
  • Fixed crash when moving/closing market tabs in specific order
  • Coinone ticker fixed
  • Poloniex websocket orderbook fixed
  • Fixed missing history in user account balance chart
  • Fixed freezing UI in Ping Pong strategy
  • Fixed disappearing indicators in EMA bot
  • Fixed a crash when closing margin

It looks great! The only difference I noticed on startup was it took twice as long before it rendered the margin screen but it initialized 3x as many pair before the screen rendered so I think we're ahead!  Cheesy

Got to hurry back to watch the "ONE" coin! Wink

Thanks,

CTShaman

CTShaman

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 12:36:13 AM

A little something for the Summer Solstice and BTC hitting $10,000 at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH4SiKJr_2c

CTShaman

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 12:21:16 PM

margin 2.1.6 patch released

We are happy to announce that a new patch release is available. And yes, we jumped right over 2.1.5 Smiley

• Added a beta tutorial describing how to run margin in Docker on Linux (https://gist.github.com/warp1337/3ebe461af606046f382e50b584705e1c)
  • SSL compatibility fix for (all) linux distributions
  • Crash on adapting orders at moment they are filled fixed
  • Fix of maximal prices for Bittrex, Kraken and others
  • Kraken orderbook fix
  • Stability and performance improvements

CTShaman

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:05:27 PM

margin 2.1.6 patch released

We are happy to announce that a new patch release is available. And yes, we jumped right over 2.1.5 Smiley

• Added a beta tutorial describing how to run margin in Docker on Linux (https://gist.github.com/warp1337/3ebe461af606046f382e50b584705e1c)
  • SSL compatibility fix for (all) linux distributions
  • Crash on adapting orders at moment they are filled fixed
  • Fix of maximal prices for Bittrex, Kraken and others
  • Kraken orderbook fix
  • Stability and performance improvements

I jumped on this as I wanted to add the ALGO/USDT pair.
Another smooth transition, congrats to the margin team!  Grin

Glad for these updates as margin is taking me to the moon!  Cheesy

Happy Trading!

CTShaman

zhou2

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:59:12 PM

Nice update. Smiley

Today Raspberry Pi 4 is released. Hopefully in the near future Margin would release a 64bit version on this tiny computer.

thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 09:46:14 PM

I'm back after a long time of no trading.

Got the update, looks good, although the fonts a bit off on higher res screens.

Hope it'll work just as well and make good $$ as before.

Still like it.

Go Big or Go Home.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 04:23:25 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2019, 04:47:15 PM by leonArdo@margin

Check out our new EMA crossover bot video

And please join our community on telegram

Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: