Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:20:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:11:44 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 08:40:20 AM by naska21

We are excited to announce the upcoming rebranding of leonArdo as margin and the release of a new website. This entails a number of changes for our existing hero customers and we want to run through them here.

Not acceptable change.Small investors will go away the big ones will be never on the Leo side as more advanced products with incorporated AI are knocking into door, IMHO. (I would except $5/month for one exchange and 10BTC volume trading. )

But as I got it we can stay with the old version forever. Won't we?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptolelefla

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:21:15 AM

Good bye Leo  Huh  Cry
gnoe

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:45:29 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 06:36:00 AM by gnoe

So leoNardo team after just a few weeks, I got my Ultra/Lifetime license and I thought I was covered,
you're telling me what Huh ?

That, I also have to pay for a subscription plan to get updates now Huh ?

I remember back in December, telling us to get extra exchange licenses or ultra before the last price increase.

Why am I feeling like an idiot  Angry ?

You changed the rules and left already customers/early adopters out of the 'new' margin product ?
Actually from updates.

... and what are you going to do with leoNardo ?
Are you going to support it (Bugs, exchanges etc) too in the future or not ?
I guess not.

Obviously, as an Ultra/Lifetime license holder, I have no intention to pay for any subscription, in case I was not clear.

You should treat better those who bought licenses and supported leoNardo.
Maybe you want to make a new start and leave us behind...who knows.

Very disappointed with this announcement !!!
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:10:50 AM

So leoNardo team after just a few weeks, I got my Ultra/Lifetime license and I thought I was covered,
you're telling me what Huh ?

That, I also have to pay for a subscription plan to get updates now Huh ?

I remember back in December, telling us to get extra exchange licenses or ultra before the last price increase.

Why am I feeling like an idiot  Angry ?

You changed the rules and left already customers/early adopters out of the 'new' margin product ?
Actually from updates.

... and what are you going to do with leoNardo ?
Are you going to support it (Bugs, exchanges etc) too in the future or not ?
I guess not.

Obviously, as an Ultra/Lifetime license holder, I have no intention to pay for any subscription, in case I was not clear.

You should treat better those who bought licenses and supported leoNardo.
Maybe you want to make a new start and leave us behind...who knows.

Very disappointed with this announcement !!!

Hi gnoe,

I am sorry you are disappointed and I understand your frustration.

However, you talk about us changing rules. What rules did we change exactly? You bought a lifetime license and you can keep leonArdo for life.

We have had an early adopter lifetime license for over 3 years and at some point we had to change to a subscription based model. Otherwise, we could not sustain our compan, leonArdo would end in any case and there would be no updates.

Rather than that future, we want to build a sustainable company.

>>Are you going to support it (Bugs, exchanges etc) too in the future or not ?
We cannot support two code bases I'm afraid. All effort will move to the new margin terminal.

We hope you decide to stay with us after your year of margin ends, but that will be your choice.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

ccoldfire

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:54:39 AM

You will also be able to use margin for free for 6 months as a non-Ultra customer and for a year as an Ultra customer.
What is an Ultra and a non-Ultra customer,can u explain please?

Grumble Guff

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:21:39 AM

https://imgur.com/a/3SWZl

Ultra was the most expensive lifetime licence available and it allowed you to use 7 exchanges.

Non-Ultra was the more basic license that allowed you access to one exchange.
Grumble Guff

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:52:19 AM

We cannot support two code bases I'm afraid. All effort will move to the new margin terminal.

Will there be any more development on leonardo before the switch over to margin?

What updates can we expect before development and support is abandoned?

What about API keys? Will API key changes still be supported for leonardo?

What about exchange API updates? As we know the exchanges often change/update their APIs which could mean that leonardo is totally redundant within a year if all exchanges update their APIs.

Like kriojenic I purchased the Ultra licence to support you guys and it would have been better for me to purchase the Single license and an additional market licence.

So we have basically paid to test and develop your business. We maybe lost a bit of money / profit along the way as due to bugs or things not working quite how we expected them to but it had been worth it while we had the prospect of a stronger, more robust and feature rich application in the future.
ccoldfire

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 11:59:45 AM

https://imgur.com/a/3SWZl

Ultra was the most expensive lifetime licence available and it allowed you to use 7 exchanges.

Non-Ultra was the more basic license that allowed you access to one exchange.

Thanks!.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 01:09:46 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 10:14:42 AM by leonArdo@margin
Merited by conspirosphere.tk (1)

Update to the announcement

After discussing what we could do for our Hero early adopter customers, in recognition of the fact that you guys got us to this point, we have decided to give a special status of Hero to every leonArdo customer going forward. It won't just be that you have a Hero badge in your version of margin, but it entitles you to a 50% discount on all future margin terminal subscription payments. The offer will kick in if you sign up for a subscription within a month of your free period ending.

We wanted to also make the point that switching to a subscription based model is absolutely necessary for us. We are a real company, with real employees who have families and mortgages and have to be paid at the end of each month. If the market only saw month on month growth then it might be possible to survive by sticking to the lifetime license model, but this is not the case. Catastrophic events like what happened in mid January, where a lot of cryptos lost up to 70% of their value, have a huge effect on our revenue. This puts everything we have built up in danger and if not dealt with could mean us having to close for business - which would also mean no updates for leonArdo. This was not a decision we took lightly, rather one we couldn't avoid.

Edit: There seems to be some confusion so I'd like to clear it up. All leonArdo customers, even those who buy in the next couple of weeks before the switch, are considered Hero early adopter customers.

pflip

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:18:42 PM

As most, I am a little disappointed on the turn of events, especially since it is totally unexpected and no hints from you guys,

To be honest, I think the actual software is a little premature to be considered as a valuable investment from users since it lacks some of the features I expect from subscription-based services (proper log, API, customization, chart drawings, full documentation, custom BOTs, AI language, etc).

I also think that most of us , early adopters, feel a little "unrewarded" for our trust in you as we were not advised properly of the changes of the price structure and not receiveing any real"advantage" for our early investments.

I think a lifetime 15-20% discount on the subscription price for early adopters could be an acceptable token to show us how much you appreciated our trust in your development.

On my part I will take advantage of your 6 month - 1 year try-out and watch closely if the software developes as I hope. If the development doesn't progress as I hope it will be time to look for alternatives.

Personally ( as I was in software developmet for many years) I think that  loosing your "loyal" early adopter customer base to pursuit grander scheme is a risky business. It is much harder to maintain customers than to gain new ones, but the early customers act  as your best ambassadors to grow the business.

Good luck and thank you so far.

Pflip

Edit : well funny enough while I was tipying you came out with an even better proposal I suggested. Thank you, you action regaines a lot of trust

yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:49:01 PM

What is a "Hero early adopter customers"? Is that all existing Leonardo customers?

Also, what is the subscription price for those who needs more than $3k limit? I can't seem to find any info on the new model on your website...

Thank you.

money4good

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:00:39 PM

What is a "Hero early adopter customers"? Is that all existing Leonardo customers?

Also, what is the subscription price for those who needs more than $3k limit? I can't seem to find any info on the new model on your website...

Thank you.

Go back to page 193 and scroll to the bottom (Announcement Post from Margin Team). You will see the new pricing model. Thanks.
yhbae

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:04:56 PM

Thank you.

Go back to page 193 and scroll to the bottom (Announcement Post from Margin Team). You will see the new pricing model. Thanks.

Wow how did I miss that.... Ouch.

Thanks.
hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 02:39:53 PM

After discussing what we could do for our Hero early adopter customers, in recognition of the fact that you guys got us to this point, we have decided to give a special status of Hero to every leonArdo customer going forward. It won't just be that you have a Hero badge in your version of margin, but it entitles you to a 50% discount on all future margin terminal subscription payments. The offer will kick in if you sign up for a subscription within a month of your free period ending.

We wanted to also make the point that switching to a subscription based model is absolutely necessary for us. We are a real company, with real employees who have families and mortgages and have to be paid at the end of each month. If the market only saw month on month growth then it might be possible to survive by sticking to the lifetime license model, but this is not the case. Catastrophic events like what happened in mid January, where a lot of cryptos lost up to 70% of their value, have a huge effect on our revenue. This puts everything we have built up in danger and if not dealt with could mean us having to close for business - which would also mean no updates for leonArdo. This was not a decision we took lightly, rather one we couldn't avoid.

I would like to know who they're your Hero early adopter customers, what's your plan for existing customers?
btw I already have license for bittrex.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:59:45 PM

Thank you!
Having had my own company since 1989 I had grave concerns for margin the second week of this month wondering about the prospects of continuation if sales dwindle to a trickle due to market influences.  <Those that read my missive on slack can stop reading, this is just  rehash> Yesterday after "the Announcement" I remembered Jetbrains who changed their pricing model four times in five years. They have the best IDEs on the market for development in many programming languages. It was then I saw the truth in the matter, to have the best to sell you have to pay for the best coders and testers, that means a steady income stream.

I upgraded to Ultra in November because I was doing so well and am still very glad I did. Relative to market conditions had the pricing model changed in December when we were all going to the moon, my attitude would have been yeah whatever and I'll take a couple of subscriptions for my friends, but the market has halved since then and margin must continue. My business acumen has taught me that sometimes difficult change is a necessity and the alternative sucks.

Thank you for the Hero Discount!

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:21:52 PM

doesnt surprise me they are switching to a subscription based model, most other bots are like this....makes sense that they have to keep money coming in to keep supporting development

when will this take effect?
Amaralluis

Activity: 132

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:40:23 PM

Something to consider that the main rival is Profitrailer is not subscription based.
Not cheap but its a one time purchase per exchange and now it become more interesting for new customers.
They will always look for a one time purchase than a subscription model.

Leonardo/Margin is not yet at a level for a subscription model.
A better strategy would be perhaps to charge one time fee per component, ie per exchange, per bot, per indicator, etc.

But good luck with the subscription model. I will take advantage of the free 6 months and then look at options at the time.

dbolivar

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:33:02 PM

Thank you Jonathan, really appreciate this offer! I think the change to a subscription model is reasonable; from a business perspective, people need to understand a few key points:

1) If the model is a one-time charge, the business can only survive on the following situations:

1.1) Make it really expensive, so you have enough savings to keep it alive for some time. However, it may not be successful, as not many people will be willing to pay the price, and the savings will not last forever.

1.2) Charge for updates, as some big software companies used to do. May not please everyone, just like a subscription-based model.

1.3) Charge for support, as some big software companies. Not really applicable for this business, it's usually sustainable only for corporations with big customers, that sign long-term support contracts.

1.4) Ensure you have a constantly growing user base. I don't think this is a reality for almost any business; the user base will flat out at some point.

2) Most businesses are, therefore, changing their business models to a subscription-based one. Look at Microsoft and Google, for instance... It ensures the business survives, as long as the price is fair, they commit to quality and constant updates, and provide good support. If they offer all that, it may be beneficial to the customer, as he can expect future improvements and have a reason to keep demanding them.

So far Margin Software has been providing all that, so I expect it will continue (and even improve) with the change. The price and conditions can be discussed, of course, but the model makes total sense for me. And I think they have been fair with the transition conditions offered for existing, early-adopter customers.
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:55:17 PM

Something to consider that the main rival is Profitrailer is not subscription based.
Not cheap but its a one time purchase per exchange and now it become more interesting for new customers.
They will always look for a one time purchase than a subscription model.

Leonardo/Margin is not yet at a level for a subscription model.
A better strategy would be perhaps to charge one time fee per component, ie per exchange, per bot, per indicator, etc.

But good luck with the subscription model. I will take advantage of the free 6 months and then look at options at the time.

Really?  Shocked

A hand scripted configuration for $300 to $900?

Great instructions. I see Java is a requirement, is that secure?
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@demonsthenes/profit-trailer-and-you-a-newbie-guide-to-setting-up-profit-trailer

I am somewhat concerned about the these instructions however.
"Anyway, the point is, if you don't have a tech savvy person handy, you could be left with, at best, the program downloaded but unable to start it or at worst, out a nice chunk of your crypto because of failing to understand EXACTLY what is needed to make the bot operate. Any suggestions on how to make this guide more complete, such as adding specific exchange instructions would be most appreciated."

At this point I think a bird-in-the hand.. and see how things look in six months to a year.

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
ofnadave

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:46:58 PM

Wait.... am I the only one that leonArdo 3.8.0 is not working (iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5; IOS 10.10.5) on Binance  Huh.  My Bittrex exchange works sometimes, but Binance is NOT usable for Bot Trading at all. The Binance Bots ALWAYS stop within a few hours due to errors (you have my logs).

So, how do I move ahead with leonArdo 3.8.X (2 exchanges) when it doesn't work?  Wait for more updates?  Do you thing the Dev's can fix it  Huh  There are many things I could go on with, but it still comes back to "it doesn't work 24/7 or at least overnight".

Since I'm a HEAC, I will stay testing each update until the END or I just give up!
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: