Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:25:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:20:04 PM

I was testing Leonardo some weeks ago. I was still considering to buy. Now i am glad, that i NOT bought it...  Huh (fingers crossed...)
I tested for five days 24/7, looked around at other things too for a while. Being a true Linux purest it had to run on a server I knew very very well. Potentially I would have made the same decision for the same reasons.

But today with my 20/20 hindsight, I thank God I took the opportunity as presented at the time, and then a few weeks later paying for the Ultra. It probably took a greater leap of faith because the entry cost was 4 times higher for me than it is for new subscribers before they know for sure it will work for them!

Then December happened! OMG!  Grin I was in the right place at the right time with the right tool.

I have a year to work with the new tools. It would take an extremely good argument for me to abandon what I know works and the potentiality of a project I believe in.

Because if I did, I know who is waiting for me.

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarthKegRaider

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:44:21 PM

Second, with API changes the version I bought won't last long. Because the product I bought won't be in development.

As for an API change on your exchange, I would have at a guess that http://www.marginsoftware.de/registration.html will still work, and give you an updated access key so you can continue trading.

Your swanky new phone, say a Samsung Galaxy S9 will cease to provide critical security patches in 2 years.  I still have my Galaxy S4 phone, although I don't use it because most of the modern Android apps won't work on it now.  Who do I blame?  No one, I just fork out another $1000 and buy the latest phone available, because I want the new bells and whistles it provides.

That's a fair bit more than a subscription to a service that makes me money, if you care to put it into perspective.  Just because something you bought is superceded by a newer product, doesn't stop you from using it the old one.  It will work, it just might not have the same functionality as a newer, more streamlined unit.  At the end of the day, it's your decision to stay or go.

Heck, you can stil use MS-DOS 6.22 if you so wish.  It works, but she's a bit clunky Smiley

You do realize that nothing is in active development for 'life"?  Even if it says "Lifetime Warranty", you can bet that most of the time the paperwork is worth more in value than the warranty.  "How long is a lifetime warranty?   The estimated lifetime of the product, as determined by the offering company or the lifetime of the manufacturer unrelated to the company."  I have owned products with lifetime warranties, which have broken and I've been told that the product is no longer made, and therefore the product's "Lifetime" has expired.

Sorry to ramble on a bit, but for the price I paid in December (12-ish weeks ago), I've already made that money back many times over, so the change/update really doesn't bother me.  Try not to dwell on the negative side of things, your health will thank you for being positive Smiley

-DKR
hooliuk

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:26:36 PM

So i'm not sure if it's FUD but the users who use Binance with the BOT, it seems there has been an API issue after their exchange has been hacked.

dbolivar

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:26:52 PM

Hi guys, I'd like to share an article I published on my newly started blog. It explains how to create a Linux VM on Google Cloud Platform, with VNC, fully able to run leonArdo 24x7. And best of all, if you sign up for Google Cloud Platform using their "Try It Free" link, you get US$ 300 as credits to spend over 12 months. So, basically, you can have this Linux VM for free, for a long time.

http://blog.dorianbolivar.com/2018/02/creating-linux-vm-with-vnc-server-on.html

https://cloud.google.com/pricing/
(scroll down to "Try It Free")

Hope you appreciate it!
money4good

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:32:27 PM

So i'm not sure if it's FUD but the users who use Binance with the BOT, it seems there has been an API issue after their exchange has been hacked.

They are claiming the exchange was not hacked and all funds are safe, but some people using the API were affected. Could've been a bot scam or something.
Rapturoso

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:38:48 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 02:58:12 AM by Rapturoso

Ok, Bait and switch your Hero customers?  Really Jonathan? If we pay for lifetime 7 exchanges, that's what we should be getting! API updates included etc.  I can understand why you'd start charging new customers for a subscription model on the rebrand, but COME ON!  Rebrand the software to a new name and make this an excuse to be able to start charging your so called 'hero' customers?  Even saying if we subscribe within a month of it running out we'll be eligable for a 50% discount on all future subscriptions is an affront to everyone who purchased your Ultimate lifetime package.  I'm totally not happy and I also believed that you would honor the lifetime updates and improvements to keep Leonardo/Margin working for all your previous 'hero' customers.

I think this is time for a personal email to you to see what you are prepared to do for previous customers.  This is DISGUSTING.

Crypto Play Radio Discord https://discord.gg/7VPvgrm
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:07:40 AM

Ok, Bait and switch your Hero customers?  Really Jonathan? If we pay for lifetime 7 exchanges, that's what we should be getting! API updates included etc.  I can understand why you'd start charging new customers for a subscription model on the rebrand, but COME ON!  Rebrand the software to a new name and make this an excuse to be able to start charging your so called 'hero' customers?  Even saying if we subscribe within a month of it running out we'll be eligable for a 50% discount on all future subscriptions is an affront to everyone who purchased your Ultimate lifetime package.  I'm totally not happy and I also believed that you would honor the lifetime updates and improvements to keep Leonardo/Margin working for all your previous 'hero' customers.

I think this is time for a personal email to you to see what you are prepared to do for previous customers.  This is DISGUSTING.

Let me get this straight. You bought an Ultra license in May 2017 for $179. For that you got the following:

1) Updates to leonArdo/margin for the best part of two years
2) 50% discount if you decide to subscribe after that time
3) You get to keep leonArdo FOR LIFE

I'm totally not happy and I also believed that you would honor the lifetime updates

You believed? Well, there's a life lesson for you. Find me where we promised you that anywhere?

Read back through my previous posts. This was a decision we had to take. Otherwise there was every chance that we would have had to close up shop. You wouldn't get updates then either.

This is the only way to ensure a sustainable company.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:20:27 AM

Ayye playas,

Quick shoutout to our gracious hosts here at bitcointalk for locking my original account after y’all got yourselves compromised and lost all our passwords to those meddling kids on the darknet. Registered this fresh new account anyway because we’re still homies, but now nobody here is gonna realize how cool I am for being an early adopter.

I ain’t mad at ya, just disappointed. Y’all hurt every damn one of my feelings.

Anywho.

Jonathan, respect to you and yours for maintaining transparency via public forum and staying cool during this brief period of increased scrutiny and criticism by the community due to an apparent fear/misunderstanding of your team’s proposed changes. I’ve not yet tested this utility myself because I prefer to observe you nerds and your bright ideas real close before I make any personal judgements. So far I’ve seen steady software support, enlightened customer service, innovative technical concepts, practical investment insights, and overall positive feedback.

On my way to throw some money at leonArdo/margin now. If the software sucks then I’ll be coming back here to update this post with clipart of a giant red middle finger.

Thanks for the support jjmacg.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:25:25 AM

Second, with API changes the version I bought won't last long. Because the product I bought won't be in development.

As for an API change on your exchange, I would have at a guess that http://www.marginsoftware.de/registration.html will still work, and give you an updated access key so you can continue trading.

Your swanky new phone, say a Samsung Galaxy S9 will cease to provide critical security patches in 2 years.  I still have my Galaxy S4 phone, although I don't use it because most of the modern Android apps won't work on it now.  Who do I blame?  No one, I just fork out another $1000 and buy the latest phone available, because I want the new bells and whistles it provides.

That's a fair bit more than a subscription to a service that makes me money, if you care to put it into perspective.  Just because something you bought is superceded by a newer product, doesn't stop you from using it the old one.  It will work, it just might not have the same functionality as a newer, more streamlined unit.  At the end of the day, it's your decision to stay or go.

Heck, you can stil use MS-DOS 6.22 if you so wish.  It works, but she's a bit clunky Smiley

You do realize that nothing is in active development for 'life"?  Even if it says "Lifetime Warranty", you can bet that most of the time the paperwork is worth more in value than the warranty.  "How long is a lifetime warranty?   The estimated lifetime of the product, as determined by the offering company or the lifetime of the manufacturer unrelated to the company."  I have owned products with lifetime warranties, which have broken and I've been told that the product is no longer made, and therefore the product's "Lifetime" has expired.

Sorry to ramble on a bit, but for the price I paid in December (12-ish weeks ago), I've already made that money back many times over, so the change/update really doesn't bother me.  Try not to dwell on the negative side of things, your health will thank you for being positive Smiley

-DKR

Thanks a lot for the support DKR

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:27:03 AM

Hi guys, I'd like to share an article I published on my newly started blog. It explains how to create a Linux VM on Google Cloud Platform, with VNC, fully able to run leonArdo 24x7. And best of all, if you sign up for Google Cloud Platform using their "Try It Free" link, you get US$ 300 as credits to spend over 12 months. So, basically, you can have this Linux VM for free, for a long time.

http://blog.dorianbolivar.com/2018/02/creating-linux-vm-with-vnc-server-on.html

https://cloud.google.com/pricing/
(scroll down to "Try It Free")

Hope you appreciate it!

Nice Smiley

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:28:23 AM

I was testing Leonardo some weeks ago. I was still considering to buy. Now i am glad, that i NOT bought it...  Huh (fingers crossed...)
I tested for five days 24/7, looked around at other things too for a while. Being a true Linux purest it had to run on a server I knew very very well. Potentially I would have made the same decision for the same reasons.

But today with my 20/20 hindsight, I thank God I took the opportunity as presented at the time, and then a few weeks later paying for the Ultra. It probably took a greater leap of faith because the entry cost was 4 times higher for me than it is for new subscribers before they know for sure it will work for them!

Then December happened! OMG!  Grin I was in the right place at the right time with the right tool.

I have a year to work with the new tools. It would take an extremely good argument for me to abandon what I know works and the potentiality of a project I believe in.

Because if I did, I know who is waiting for me.

Thanks a lot CTShaman

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:30:59 AM

Hello team

can I add a new exchange to my existing licence for the $39 still?

Or do i have to buy one of the new licenses?

TIA

Hooli

Hi hooliuk,

You can still add an exchange. But it might only make sense if you plan on not using margin after the free period ends. Once we switch to margin you will be able to add all the exchanges we support.

If you think you will use leonArdo after the free period ends then adding another market might make sense.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:31:50 AM

i'must say here, I have with Leonardo only make plus in my portfolio i'have it running now permanently with Kali-linux in a virtual machine. and its run and run. ok I'm using only bitfinex, and of course I hope the BB strategy will by better and better against big sale und buy Wales. and I say thanks for the developer, I never will miss anymore this nice trading-terminal ...

Thanks a lot xhabit!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:36:16 AM

I wanted to write about an issue I currently have with placing orders with leonardo (I cannot make any more ping-pong strategies (Strategy stopped: Strategy X stopped (error placing buy order))...) and I have just bumped into the new strategy model the company is implementing.
Can anyone give me cliff notes on what is going on?
Am I correct in saying that you need to buy a subscription in order to run the bot?

Hi p3ppymon,

Not sure what the issue is you are having. I'd need to see a screenshot and a log. Please get in touch here: support@marginsoftware.de

As for needing a subscription. No, we haven't switched yet. And once we do as an existing customer you will get either 6 months or a year for free.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I have contacted the customer service. Sarah did a very good job in guiding me through the problem, which was eventually solved.

I do understand that the one-off payment is an unsustainable long term scenario and, whether the community accept this change or not, your decision must be made. Competitors do exactly the same thing, but more expensively.
Whether you will keep offering the service you are currently providing, I am pretty sure you will not lack of customers!
The bot works fine, the customer service is excellent. Eventually there would be more in-built and advanced functions available for subscribers, and they wouldn't be happier.
All the best.

PS: would it be possible to increase the number of orders per pair? Why there is a cap at 100? I'd appreciate.

Hi p3ppymon,

Thanks for your great support!

As for a limit of 100 orders per pair. We don't limit that, rather the exchanges do!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Rapturoso

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:52:15 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 02:57:38 AM by Rapturoso

You believed? Well, there's a life lesson for you. Find me where we promised you that anywhere?

Read back through my previous posts. This was a decision we had to take. Otherwise there was every chance that we would have had to close up shop. You wouldn't get updates then either.

Of course I believed your advertising on your site Jonathan. That's what it said on your website at the time of my purchase. If you happen to have changed it since then that's not my issue but yours. Wordplay doesn't absolve you from being responsible to your lifetime customers. Also when one buys lifetime access to software that promises access to 7 exchanges then that's what we expect, something that allows access for a lifetime and this dictates that the software be updated to allow us to do so. API changes on exchanges will render Leonardo useless so these issues need to be addressed if you want people to still be able to use their lifetime license and keep their software and be able to still use it.  Simply keeping Leonardo isn't adequate.  It must still be able to be used otherwise what's the point? It's like saying I can keep a Banana but expecting me to believe it's going to be edible years later.  Ridiculous!

Also don't be patronising by telling me I've learned a life lesson. When a company advertises 7 exchanges for lifetime use then that's what one should expect, not your disgraceful bait and switch. Fair enough, charge your new customers a subscription model but don't hold your older customers to ransom!

You say I've have had updates for the best part of 2 years. How is May 2017 2 years since my lifetime purchase? I think your maths is just a little bit skewed there.

If you remember correctly, I was complaining that Leonardo would completely refuse to run on machines with huge page support enabled. Obviously as Crypto traders there's a high probability that we will also be crypto miners and large pages in memory is required for cryptonight CPU mining.

I also complained that Leonardo would crash after using just over 1GB of memory and generally keep crashing on Windows overnight.  You said this was because it's not compiled the same on Windows as it is with Linux and Mac OS and it is related to being compiled for 32bit rather than 64 bit or something like that.  Whatever it was, it doesn't work properly.  So I patiently waited for you to fix this.  To this day you say you have still not completed a fix.  You still say the memory issue has not yet been fully resolved.

I have been completely unable to use Leonardo until the first part of this year when 3.8 was released.

I haven't even had a chance to get a return on investment with the purchase price in Bitcoin of Leonardo lifetime licence yet and you argue that shafting your existing customers is the only way to survive? Get real.

I shall be now looking elsewhere for a solution that isn't going to screw me over less than a 10 months after purchase.  I shall not be recommending Margin to anyone and instead I will be recommending against it.  It;s not ready for prime time.  What it can do right now is great but it is far from a professional product and by no means ready for a tiered subscription model either.  There's just too much missing, even if you weren't rebranding to shaft your previous customers. Despicable.

Suggestion, Don't rebrand and keep your lifetime customers happy and only charge new customers the subscription model, otherwise you're just going to lose customers with this unethical move.

gnoe

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:35:33 PM

Let me get this straight. You bought an Ultra license in May 2017 for $179. For that you got the following:

1) Updates to leonArdo/margin for the best part of two years
2) 50% discount if you decide to subscribe after that time
3) You get to keep leonArdo FOR LIFE

I'm totally not happy and I also believed that you would honor the lifetime updates

Wow, that's great !!! Shocked

We, the 'hero' idiots ...I mean the 'hero' customers are getting bullied by Mr. Jonathan now.
That must be the German way of supporting leoNardo customers.

Thanks for the life lesson. Wink

yhbae

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:36:22 PM

Jonathan, I currently own a license just for Bittrex. The idea was to test on Bittrex first then see what happens.

Now, I need Binance support as well quite badly. But I'm not quite sure what is the right direction right now since you are in the middle of switching the platform. Does it make sense to get a license for Leonardo on Binance right now or should I wait? My intention is to try out the new subscription model as well but I would need both Bittrex and Binance support.

Thank you.
Rapturoso

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:23:37 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 03:58:30 PM by Rapturoso

Jonathan, I currently own a license just for Bittrex. The idea was to test on Bittrex first then see what happens.

Now, I need Binance support as well quite badly. But I'm not quite sure what is the right direction right now since you are in the middle of switching the platform. Does it make sense to get a license for Leonardo on Binance right now or should I wait? My intention is to try out the new subscription model as well but I would need both Bittrex and Binance support.

Thank you.

Well now that Jonathan has announced that he will disregard the valid complaints of his loyal customers, there are better options that us at Crypto Play Radio Discord are reviewing.

If you want to come and have a chat there, we can offer something much better than Leonardo/Margin now that Jonathan has essentially stuck the middle finger up to the sales contract he entered into with his customers when selling lifetime licenses for Leonardo.

Our link for Discord is below. Just talk to Yopilax, Konsequence, Boberino or anyone else in the LIVE CHAT and radio_text channels and we will get some alternatives for you that you will be pleased with.  Be patient as we do sometimes sleep and stay in channel :-P  You will get a response when we wake.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:34:13 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 04:50:36 PM by leonArdo@margin

Of course I believed your advertising on your site Jonathan. That's what it said on your website at the time of my purchase. If you happen to have changed it since then that's not my issue but yours. Wordplay doesn't absolve you from being responsible to your lifetime customers. Also when one buys lifetime access to software that promises access to 7 exchanges then that's what we expect, something that allows access for a lifetime and this dictates that the software be updated to allow us to do so. API changes on exchanges will render Leonardo useless so these issues need to be addressed if you want people to still be able to use their lifetime license and keep their software and be able to still use it.  Simply keeping Leonardo isn't adequate.  It must still be able to be used otherwise what's the point? It's like saying I can keep a Banana but expecting me to believe it's going to be edible years later.  Ridiculous!

Also don't be patronising by telling me I've learned a life lesson. When a company advertises 7 exchanges for lifetime use then that's what one should expect, not your disgraceful bait and switch. Fair enough, charge your new customers a subscription model but don't hold your older customers to ransom!

You say I've have had updates for the best part of 2 years. How is May 2017 2 years since my lifetime purchase? I think your maths is just a little bit skewed there.

If you remember correctly, I was complaining that Leonardo would completely refuse to run on machines with huge page support enabled. Obviously as Crypto traders there's a high probability that we will also be crypto miners and large pages in memory is required for cryptonight CPU mining.

I also complained that Leonardo would crash after using just over 1GB of memory and generally keep crashing on Windows overnight.  You said this was because it's not compiled the same on Windows as it is with Linux and Mac OS and it is related to being compiled for 32bit rather than 64 bit or something like that.  Whatever it was, it doesn't work properly.  So I patiently waited for you to fix this.  To this day you say you have still not completed a fix.  You still say the memory issue has not yet been fully resolved.

I have been completely unable to use Leonardo until the first part of this year when 3.8 was released.

I haven't even had a chance to get a return on investment with the purchase price in Bitcoin of Leonardo lifetime licence yet and you argue that shafting your existing customers is the only way to survive? Get real.

I shall be now looking elsewhere for a solution that isn't going to screw me over less than a 10 months after purchase.  I shall not be recommending Margin to anyone and instead I will be recommending against it.  It;s not ready for prime time.  What it can do right now is great but it is far from a professional product and by no means ready for a tiered subscription model either.  There's just too much missing, even if you weren't rebranding to shaft your previous customers. Despicable.

Suggestion, Don't rebrand and keep your lifetime customers happy and only charge new customers the subscription model, otherwise you're just going to lose customers with this unethical move.

That's what it said on your website at the time of my purchase. If you happen to have changed it since then that's not my issue but yours.

It never said lifetime updates. Perhaps you choose to read it that way, but the language was always consistent.

Get my maths right? You get another year FREE on margin.

Are you the same person that posted this earlier today?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3082921.msg31821348#msg31821348

I purchased it long ago and have never once looked back.  

Oh, and this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3082921.msg31816095#msg31816095

I have also used this trading terminal successfully since last year and I have never experienced any inadequacies.  The interface is amazing and simple enough to manage many exchanges and see at a glance where you are with any trade, current or historic. It is simply good at what it does and now very stable after plenty of improvements and optimisations.

Or did someone hack your account?

yhbae

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:09:19 PM

Thank you.

Well now that Jonathan has announced that he will disregard the valid complaints of his loyal customers, there are better options that us at Crypto Play Radio Discord are reviewing.

If you want to come and have a chat there, we can offer something much better than Leonardo/Margin now that Jonathan has essentially stuck the middle finger up to the sales contract he entered into with his customers when selling lifetime licenses for Leonardo.

Our link for Discord is below. Just talk to Yopilax, Konsequence, Boberino or anyone else in the LIVE CHAT and radio_text channels and we will get some alternatives for you that you will be pleased with.  Be patient as we do sometimes sleep and stay in channel :-P  You will get a response when we wake.

Please... Stop complaining in this thread, it's been going long enough. I've been in the software industry longer than most of you, so I can say I've seen fair share of what happened over the recent history. Not everything is fair in this world and when there are differences in arguments between two parties, PLEASE look at them from both side's perspectives. Hopefully it will be easier to understand the conflicting situation after that.

How do you know if there are better options than this FOR ME? I would think I'd know how to evaluate products that suit me. And I have looked at more than a few now. You are just declaring a war against them and trying to scrape existing customers away from them. I don't like that strategy. If you don't like software or their support, fine I can respect that. But please don't go any further than that.

I like supporting local economy for consumables. Similarly, I like supporting small startups started by younger people with ideas, passion and drives, even if they make mistakes.

That's my 2c.
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: