Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:11:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:13:05 AM

I sent them this email 4 days ago and they don't even bother to reply to me.
So I decided to post it here to let you guys know...
=============================================================

I just read that Leonardo will no longer be supported and you will
change your company name. I must confess that it does not make me feel
very happy and a bit foolish.

You should know that I made the decision to buy your software was for 2 reasons:
1) It was not necessary to pay monthly for support.
2) I expected several features to be added, as you promised me by email.

In both cases, this is not going to happen as I expected. I've read
your answers on the support forum and your attitude towards your
existing customers doesn't seem to be appropriate.

Before I even bought your software, I asked many questions about the
future development of the software. Your team seemed to be in complete
agreement with my feature requests and let me believe that they were
on the roadmap. As I mentioned in a previous email, I still don't use
my license because I was waiting for my applications to arrive one
day, which will never happen. I bought a license to encourage you in
Leonardo's development!

Suddenly changing your business model from a single cost to a monthly
cost shouldn't impact your existing customers in any way. Having
bought Leonardo, I trusted you and I thought I could use this tool for
at least 5 years! Please stop saying that we will be able to use the
old software until the end of time, it is totally absurd because we
are dependent and at the mercy of API updates from trading platforms.
Please, at least don't take us for fools.

That said, I appreciate that you will offer 50% to all existing
customers even if this decision was not initially considered. Although
I can understand that the support and improvement of a software
requires sufficient financial resources, this discount is not enough
and your customers have let you know on the forum. Your hero badge
story is felt like a joke and unnecessary.

Please revise your strategy before it is too late and trust is
completely broken. I still believe in your product and your team.

An existing customer.
=============================================================

Hi!

we hear ya! But we are super busy and still trying to get back to all you guys. Most of us are working 16h days.
We offer a professional product that makes most people a lot of money. We came to a point at which we had to re-think the business model as we could not continue with the current model in a sustainable way. There was no other sustainable option. We also have a support team that needs to be paid. And all this is just not possible with a once off payment. We also decided to give the existing customers 50% off for the subscription, which almost no other company does.
We would also love to support leonArdo forever. But maintaining two code bases has high costs for which no one is paying. We really thought long and hard about it.
We are also giving basically the same credit out you guys bought the product for + 50% off for a future subscription.

Also everyone is paying 0.2% on every trade to the exchanges which are money printing machines and you are not getting even a support reply from them in weeks/months.
We answer most questions within a day or two. If we actually have to think and discuss about it, yeah we might take a couple days.
The other option would be closing down leonArdo as the old model was not enough to sustain the company.
I will also now reply to you via mail to see if we can convince you 'in person' Wink

All the best,

Rene

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:16:53 AM

For example when I decided to pay them, I saw a nice button "Be awesome" to pay a maximum amount of $249. And I paid. A couple of weeks ago. But it doesn't look awesome to me now. (Coinigy would give me more than 1 year of subscription for this money.)

If I'd pay $129 I'd still receive the same 6 month on the same plan. No matter I paid $249. How is that fair?

As an ultra customer you are getting a full 12 months for free!
So it is twice as much as the $129 license.

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:48:19 AM

Good question. The discount is associated with your account so once you sign up initially within a month this feature is activated. A break is then possible without penalties.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

How to subscribe to the new offer with discount?
On the website there is still the old offer.

We will switch to the new offer soon. Then there will also be the 50% discount for you guys.

All the best,

Rene

rastafarlig

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:23:43 AM

Hi Leo-team.

First of all, I've also just bought the 249$ lifetime subscription, and I, unlike many others - are EXCITED for the re-branding. Wink

My question is, which raspberry pi should I buy if I want to run the new software on it? I read that you suggested a banana pi in a previous post, but that was for leo. So which one is the best for the marginsoftware?
Grumble Guff

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:52:57 AM

Hi Leo-team.

First of all, I've also just bought the 249$ lifetime subscription, and I, unlike many others - are EXCITED for the re-branding. Wink

My question is, which raspberry pi should I buy if I want to run the new software on it? I read that you suggested a banana pi in a previous post, but that was for leo. So which one is the best for the marginsoftware?

If Margin works the same as Leonardo then the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B works the best.

If you are quick there's 15% off until 4th March over at Pimoroni

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-3
money4good

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:06:38 PM

Can’t wait for Margin! Super excited for what you guys have in store.  Grin

And for those complaining about subscription-based transition, if you can’t afford $12.50/mo for an awesome money-making trading software maybe you shouldn’t be using it in the first place. This is still the best deal out there, in my opinion.

For those that purchased a lifetime license just recently within the last few weeks maybe something extra can be done for you folks out of solidarity. I don’t know how many of you there are but maybe a 75% discount for your first year and then 50% for life after that. I don’t know, just throwing it out there.
drrelik

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:30:39 PM

Just wanted to say that if you look at the cost of other similar products and compare the features, the leonArdo team has been more than fair offering early adopters a 50% discount on the subscription plans (especially when you take into account the free 6 months or 1 year of the Standard plan...).

Also, having talked directly with their support team via email (not through the forum), they are extremely fast at replying and very direct with their answers.

Everyone complaining - have you ever tried to contact Cryptopia's support? (Good luck - submitted a ticket and there's a 23 day wait)...

Anyway, just wanted to post my experiences so far in case anyone new coming in sees the discouraging posts from users that are upset about the subscription move. You can't really be mad when you purchase a product and the company's direction changes due to market circumstances. I mean you can, but why would you? It's a great product and a great price.

TL;DR: The cost is more than fair; the support team is great; people complaining should probably examine other models/support before complaining; it's a great product.

Thanks leonArdo team!
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:11:47 PM

I am getting more excited as time passes because I have been researching every reportedly superior alternative to margin listed here and on slack over the last week or so. From my research the alternatives have one commonality, they are subscription based.  Shocked

Go Team!  Grin

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
gregvc

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:12:00 PM

This is not about feature comparison.

This is about the fact that they did "lifetime license" their marketing promise and leverage. Lots of users invested in product based on that promise when the product was in early stage.

If all those users would compare the product with other more mature products subscription vs subscription they probably would not invested.
And then those users reported bugs and spread the world about the product, etc. And what did they get in return?

Again, you should understand those users who are upset arent upset about how margin will develop their business. They are upset about how developer treats them, current loyal users.

Switching the business model in NOT in question.

I DO NOT see any issue with future users paying subscription. It is fair because future users will make their buying decision based on NEW information.

It is about greediness to capitalize on past users who were fooled to pay a "Lifetime License".
money4good

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:21:21 PM

This is not about feature comparison.

This is about the fact that they did "lifetime license" their marketing promise and leverage. Lots of users invested in product based on that promise when the product was in early stage.

If all those users would compare the product with other more mature products subscription vs subscription they probably would not invested.
And then those users reported bugs and spread the world about the product, etc. And what did they get in return?

Again, you should understand those users who are upset arent upset about how margin will develop their business. They are upset about how developer treats them, current loyal users.

Switching the business model in NOT in question.

I DO NOT see any issue with future users paying subscription. It is fair because future users will make their buying decision based on NEW information.

It is about greediness to capitalize on past users who were fooled to pay a "Lifetime License".

They DID give you something. It's called FREE for 1 year and a lifetime 50% discount on subscription costs. What more do you want from them? I hear a lot of complaints with NO SOLUTIONS EVEN BEING SUGGESTED...WHAT DO YOU WANT??
drrelik

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:56:21 PM

As a new user, I didn't read anywhere that said they would be providing lifetime updates unless I missed that part. I did read that they would be providing software with a lifetime license which is what anyone buying it should expect.

It's no different than purchasing an operating system that provides a lifetime license but not updates, or purchasing development software with a lifetime license that Microsoft or another company will stop providing updates for in the future.

They've actually already provided a great deal giving anyone that purchased the software a 50% off subscription along with 6 or 12 months for free. If you use the 6 or 12 months, and consider that you'd be paying half of the Standard subscription's price for those months, the 6 month period would cost you $87 and the 12 month period would cost you $174. Subtract that amount from what you paid for the original software (which you still get to keep and use) and please let me know where you can get the same features for that cost - especially without a subscription.

I just think everyone gets hung up on the thought that there was a broken promise when there wasn't... Are you all mad at Microsoft for cutting off your XP support/updates?

allyrbase

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:59:58 PM

I just think everyone gets hung up on the thought that there was a broken promise when there wasn't... Are you all mad at Microsoft for cutting off your XP support/updates?

Case in point. Microsoft had the courtesy of announcing their intent to retire XP well over 12 months prior to it happening.

Had Margin been a little more transparent and simply stated that there was a remote possibility that they would (or were considering) to pivot their model to a subscription-base at the time of the price increase, this debate would most likely not be taking place. Most of us who are unhappy would have been in a better position to make an informed decision as to whether or not to purchase the license at that time.
drrelik

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:34:02 PM

Case in point. Microsoft had the courtesy of announcing their intent to retire XP well over 12 months prior to it happening.

Had Margin been a little more transparent and simply stated that there was a remote possibility that they would (or were considering) to pivot their model to a subscription-base at the time of the price increase, this debate would most likely not be taking place. Most of us who are unhappy would have been in a better position to make an informed decision as to whether or not to purchase the license at that time.

Understood, and perhaps Microsoft wasn't the best example to use given that Microsoft is/was in a very different position than Margin whereas Margin is a much newer company and doesn't have the ability to provide an announcement that far in advance. I would assume that if they did (understanding they are also a very small company), they wouldn't be around in 12 months to support the lifetime product anyway - assuming limited income based on a set price product.

I'm not saying they couldn't have taken a different direction with the announcement that would have alleviated much of the ire that's been invoked, but I still have to go back to my opinion that it is only the fault of the consumer if they purchase a product from a new company with misconceptions regarding the product. Especially when the company goes beyond what I feel is a completely reasonable offer going forward. I mean they are basically giving you half your money back with the free period and you still get to use what you bought.

I can see why some may be angry about it, but at least attempt to see that they are going far beyond what many other companies may do in the same event.

I'm not affiliated with them by the way - I'm just a new user. I'm not even trying to take sides, rather I am just trying to be objective. I can see your side of things, but I still personally lean toward this being a positive overall for everyone.

dbolivar

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:08:01 PM

Where did you read a promise for lifetime UPDATES? If they stated that, you may have a case, otherwise you DO have acquired a lifetime license. You can use your product forever. Yes, yes, APIs can change, the old product won't be updated anymore etc., but that would fit in a "lifetime updates" model.

There's simply almost no business that can survive without either charging for updates, support, or subscription, unless they have a constantly growing user base, which is not the reality. Almost all software that come to my mind fit in one of the models I mentioned.

And calling them "greedy", "misleading", "cheaters" or whatever else you called them is absolutely unfair. First because they didn't break a promise. Second because they listened to the users and offered a very good deal for existing ones. And third, because everyone here who have done business with them, used support etc. know they are extremely honest and decent people.
allyrbase

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:37:45 PM

I can see why some may be angry about it, but at least attempt to see that they are going far beyond what many other companies may do in the same event.

I'm not affiliated with them by the way - I'm just a new user. I'm not even trying to take sides, rather I am just trying to be objective. I can see your side of things, but I still personally lean toward this being a positive overall for everyone.

I've been following LeonArdo's progress since around March of 2016... they're not that new.

@drrelik Thank you for acknowledging my perspective. I also agree that moving forward sans negativity would certainly be best for all here. I was voicing my frustration and simply felt let down by a project that I was excited about and one that I truly believed in. I maintain that Margin could have handled this differently and feel they still refuse to take some degree of ownership in this issue.

Moving forward, it is unlikely that I will 'upgrade' to the new model as there are numerous subscription-based platforms to evaluate first.
allyrbase

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:01:54 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 12:36:11 AM by allyrbase

Where did you read a promise for lifetime UPDATES? If they stated that, you may have a case, otherwise you DO have acquired a lifetime license. You can use your product forever. Yes, yes, APIs can change, the old product won't be updated anymore etc., but that would fit in a "lifetime updates" model.

Not updates... he's referring to "Lifetime License" as Margin STILL states on their order page, even though they've decided to pivot to a Subscription base. How could anyone think this is not deceiving to unsuspecting new licensees?

When development ceases on a product, an honest developer should be forthcoming and disclose that they are selling you and EOL product license.

https://image.ibb.co/jMUQ8S/Margin.png

My suggestion would be to have a notice or direct link to the press release on the "BUY" page so that people know exactly what they are getting.

ccoldfire

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 05:18:38 PM

If i signup for the discount offer,will i loose my remaining free subscription (in my case 6 months) and have to start paying right away ?Just want to make sure.

And IMO for those who r complaining,for the love of god,this is crypto trading we are involving in.We loose money from time to time (and am sure it is a lot more than what u paid for Leonardo) with no compensation at all.Leonardo on the other hand gave u a great compensation, if u decided not to support them anymore,just use there free trail to make back what u paid them and just look for an alternative that suits your needs,plus u will get to keep their original app.

gregvc

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:31:17 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 10:42:39 PM by gregvc

dbolivar, I wasn't talking about myself in that post. I came here and see how a few loud guys basically lynch everyone (yes looks aggressive) who comes here to share their frustration and I tried to explain why all those users are frustrated.

No matter how loud they are, what I see is a massive loss of trust from many users. It is a bad thing for a developer.

If you mess with one license you're messing with much much more because those who don't trust you won't recommend you (in my case I have a telegram channel with 1K+ crypto traders on it and I won't risk suggesting margin any time soon because who knows what surprise margin will come with tomorrow = I don't trust). Each and every user who was surprised in a bad way won't risk suggesting the tool.

My voice was to explain why so many users are frustrated. I genuinely think that sharing your opinion with developer (any opinion, no matter if you nod or not) is in fact helpful for them.

And developers should thank ccoldfire for the suggestion to change info on their buy page.

Those who share concerns are not a threat for the developer. We're are a representative group, we show a diversity of opinions and feelings and when we share our feedback it helps the developer (if they listen) not to make future mistakes and have better business as a result.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:39:42 PM

Not updates... he's referring to "Lifetime License" as Margin STILL states on their order page, even though they've decided to pivot to a Subscription base. How could anyone think this is not deceiving to unsuspecting new licensees?

When development ceases on a product, an honest developer should be forthcoming and disclose that they are selling you and EOL product license.

My suggestion would be to have a notice or direct link to the press release on the "BUY" page so that people know exactly what they are getting.

If you click buy we advertise that we are re-branding and link to the post explaining all. This has been on our landing page and pricing page since right after we announced.

So get your facts right before casting stones.

And it still IS A LIFETIME LICENSE.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:44:12 PM

If i signup for the discount offer,will i loose my remaining free subscription (in my case 6 months) and have to start paying right away ?Just want to make sure.

And IMO for those who r complaining,for the love of god,this is crypto trading we are involving in.We loose money from time to time (and am sure it is a lot more than what u paid for Leonardo) with no compensation at all.Leonardo on the other hand gave u a great compensation, if u decided not to support them anymore,just use there free trail to make back what u paid them and just look for an alternative that suits your needs,plus u will get to keep their original app.

Hi ccoldfire,

Yes, if you purchase leonArdo now you get to keep it for life and you get 6/12 months of margin for free and after that can decide whether you want to sign up for a subscription with a lifetime 50% discount.

Thanks for your support,
Jonathan

Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: