Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:00:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: actual number of people using Bitcoin?  (Read 60113 times)
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:01:55 PM

As of now, I still don't think there is enough people using it to really say that bitcoin is a global phenomenon and that it would be seen as a daily currency by the average joe. I still dream of a future where I can pull out my phone and pay at a local convenience store using my bitcoins in my wallet.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:09:34 PM

As of now, I still don't think there is enough people using it to really say that bitcoin is a global phenomenon and that it would be seen as a daily currency by the average joe. I still dream of a future where I can pull out my phone and pay at a local convenience store using my bitcoins in my wallet.

There isn't that many people paying for things with Bitcoin because Bitcoin hasn't received the proper promotion. If every Bitcoin holder posted information on how to acquire Bitcoin without the needs of fancy phrases and quoting different people then then price of the coin would be pretty big. Bitcoin would chill at a higher status than what it is right now I know that for a fact.
I want to hear the ka-ching! sound everywhere I go even if I am not spending any Bitcoins.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:58:29 PM

This is absolutely impossible. There is no direct relation of the actual number of people using bitcoin to anything. If others may say that we can clearly see the increasing number of bitcoiner because of the price hike of bitcoin, it can be true but there is no direct relations because of the fluctuation of bitcoin's value. We cannot say that there is an increase of bitcoin users when the value of bitcoin increases nor there is a decrease of bitcoin users when the value of bitcoin also decreases. If we are talking about number of wallets and accounts, it is also impossible because may users of bitcoin have multiple wallets and multiple accounts. So practically speaking, we cannot determine the number of bitcoin users unless any government or international body imposes law that would make all users to register to their database first before they can make any transactions using bitcoin.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:40:27 PM

Currently this community is very small but still no one can say any thing about number of peoples using bitcoins because we have no plate forum for accounting this but can dream its could be grow more in near future as we can use this bitcoin for our daily life currently its not going to help just for exchange or trade
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 08:06:11 AM

No actual number defines on how many are bitcoin users,seems like everyone is anonymous and even a very private individual who are enjoying the good benifits bitcoin gives.For these days it depends on how the market works and how many are really interested and willing to know.
actually is already clear, bitcoin anonymous and it makes all the users are not visible and moreover bitcoin decentralization of course no one can calculate the total users of bitcoin itself
yes that is right to say and that is the reason that the actual number of bitcoin users cannot be find so easily, because bitcoin s anonymous and any information about its users is unknown.
It's a guessing game, if you guess it right you make the right decision. You know, people think that bitcoin is the future which I agree on that also but we need to make sure our prediction is properly supported by valid information.
Bitcoin is not totally 100% anonymous. If you are patient enough, I think you can analyze https://www.walletexplorer.com/ and calculate the number of wallets is being generated. After that, I think you will have the final number about the number of people using Bitcoin which is around the number of wallets you have checked
You are probably right mate, but isn't hard/difficult to do it, who among people here are patiently do that things for so many wallets that he/she going to count it. And true bitcoin was not 100% anonymous, its actually pseudonymous as we all know.
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:57:36 AM

Bitcoin is not totally 100% anonymous. If you are patient enough, I think you can analyze https://www.walletexplorer.com/ and calculate the number of wallets is being generated. After that, I think you will have the final number about the number of people using Bitcoin which is around the number of wallets you have checked
You are probably right mate, but isn't hard/difficult to do it, who among people here are patiently do that things for so many wallets that he/she going to count it. And true bitcoin was not 100% anonymous, its actually pseudonymous as we all know.
Well if we think about it ,Counting the actual number of people who uses bitcoins is a wasting of time and nonsense in my opinion. Also counting the number of generated wallets will doesn't give us the actual numbers precisely and besides we don't know every user how many bitcoin wallet acounts he use or generated .So instead of counting i think its more productive if we use to share how bitcoins is to the people around us.
Although bitcoins is not 100% anonymous but it is still advantage for us having this kind of features of digital currency No matter if its not 100% anonymous the importance is how we use it in a right ways.
HEQIAOAN

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:49:21 AM

no more 100k people in the world using daily btc...  at least one time in the life I think we are around 500k users
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:01:10 PM

no more 100k people in the world using daily btc...  at least one time in the life I think we are around 500k users

it is the number of users who are not rational. try to imagine how many bitcoin users in your country. try to add up with other countries and regions. bitcoin users has more than 1 million people. according to some surveys now China and Europe have become the largest user in the world.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:24:44 PM

it is the number of users who are not rational. try to imagine how many bitcoin users in your country. try to add up with other countries and regions. bitcoin users has more than 1 million people. according to some surveys now China and Europe have become the largest user in the world.

If you mean a million users that day trade bitcoin to eek out small profits then maybe. However, I seriously doubt there are even 25k users that buy something daily with bitcoin.

The number of people that shop online, buy a beer at a bar, or send money to friends or family long distance is very small. Bitcoin is just too difficult and clumsy to use and there are too many better options available today for bitcoin to be that widely used.

ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:37:15 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
We cant say it exactly.There may be less than 5 million bitcoin users in the world.
OliynyK

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:19:55 PM

Let us say that the bitcoin is not meant for a global take over because the block size is not capable of adapting more users to use at a single given time and so even with the current number of transactions we find it difficult to make everyone happy with the kind of delay we are encountering. It is really difficult to understand or determine the number of individuals using bitcoin but you can determine with the amount of transactions made per day and that could be the average.
cryptoblazter

Activity: 421

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 08:01:58 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
I guess that would be very hard to do it. To determine the actual numbers of bitcoin users including the all the whaler investors will be not easy to do that things.

Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:00:47 AM

I'm afraid we cannot determine the exact number of people who are owning Bitcoin. It is going to be very hard to track all of them. In the first place, they are scattered all over the world. Secondly, unlike bank accounts, Bitcoins are stored in wallets without any personal information linked to the account. We cannot count the each wallet as individual owner either because a single person can own several Bitcoin wallets. In the same manner that a single account cannot be counted a single Bitcoin owner because there are also accounts where the Bitcoins are owned by several people.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
worldsuccess01

Activity: 119

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:01:37 AM

Its do hard to know and identify the actual number of people using bitcoin because from the start of this the numbers are too much high especially now up to the present due to bitcoin popularity in the nation.
Tosg399

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:05:41 AM

If you look around, it seems like everyone in the world is now buying bitcoin. Ever since the price surge started and all the news media started covering the rising price of bitcoin people want to buy more bitcoin. This raises a question – just how many people are using bitcoin in the world? We already know that there are around 16.7 million bitcoin in existence. How many people are these divided into? Let’s find out.

The first problem we run into is that bitcoin is an anonymous platform. When you give someone bitcoin or buy something from them you don’t share your name and you don’t get the other person’s name either. This is one of the major benefits of using bitcoins. It affords you an anonymity which you just do not find anywhere else. You get to do all of your transactions anonymously. Now, we know what you are wondering – how does anything get verified if you do not share your details which can be used to verify things?

Bitcoin has a genius solution to this. Whenever a user signs up for bitcoin they have to create a wallet. This virtual wallet is what they use to buy and sell bitcoins. Every bitcoin has a unique public key. So you can verify it by finding out the key of the wallet the bitcoin came from. You cannot connect the wallet to a real person, but you can verify the transaction and ensure that no fraud took place. The bitcoins go where they are supposed to because the keys are unique and no two people have the same key. There are around 14 million bitcoin wallets currently in the public ledger though if they keep growing at the same rate we will have 15 million wallets soon.

Now, you may think that this gives us a good estimate about the number of people using bitcoin, but there is a problem in using wallets to calculate bitcoin users. The problem is that a person isn’t limited to owning just one wallet. You can create as many wallets as you want, there is no restriction. Each wallet will have a unique key to it. Since the owner’s name isn’t registered with every wallet and isn’t made public, we cannot calculate the total number of wallets out there. Then there are the millions of people who created a wallet just to see what bitcoin was like but never really used bitcoin. Technically they are bitcoin users, but they aren’t really active so it isn’t right to count them.

Still, we can assume that there are easily around 10 million people using bitcoin right now, because most people will just have one wallet for their bitcoin. However, this is just an estimate. The only way to find out for sure would be to take identifying information from every bitcoin wallet owner but that would be a breach of the core values of bitcoin.
SemaVaflist

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:08:31 AM

but I'm pretty sure it will surpass it very soon and the future of bitcoin will be more brighter than ever.Cause bitcoin is anonymous and most users use multiple wallets.
Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:13:34 AM

I think there are lot people who using the bitcoin because it easy to use and does'nt need any paperworks.Bitcoin are rarely use in different country because your money is totally safe.Every day,week,month and year the the people who use bitcoin will increase.

It is really difficult to determined the actual numbers of people throughout the whole world who are using bitcoin. But honestly speaking with the good news spreading to the whole world about bitcoin good benefits, I think bitcoin users were get increasing and increasing and might be bitcoin will become a future direct currencies.
taranbam

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:13:37 AM

This navryadli will be a successful attempt, but you can try. Maybe someone will come up with a worthwhile one. For example, a service that will keep track of addresses or something like that.
Wilfrer

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:13:55 AM

I think every number is never accurate because each person can use multiple wallets and different accounts to participate in Bitcoin. So, I just predict that this number will increase and never stop because the crypty market is growing and has potential in the future.

peterpeterpeter

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:24:18 AM

I think it is hard to determine what the exact population of bitcoin users as of now. But for sure since 2016 to present  it is rapidly increasing. Because of its popularity
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: