Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:58:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
DubMatrix

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:09:41 PM

I am reading 1400 sat is the absolute bottom for Gulden.

Hmm, wonder where you've read that. It is all speculation, coins are going up and down all the time.
konner

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:06:23 PM

Looks like insiders are dumping, downward volume is picking up. I'm sitting tight until 1500, then I'm out with still a decent profit.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:16:49 PM

Looks like insiders are dumping, downward volume is picking up. I'm sitting tight until 1500, then I'm out with still a decent profit.

To me this rather looks like crowd panic selling.
If I were an insider with bad news I would sell slowly, so I don't crash the price to gain more out of the stake I have.
DubMatrix

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:16:17 PM

There aren't many insiders I think, there's only a few developers, the guys from Nocks and Rijk. What can can happen is that PoW2 and/or SegSig is/are delayed and/or some features not possible. I think it's all panic selling, end of 2017 a lot of new people stepped in and thought they were on their way to get rich fast and now that the price was stable for a while around €0.20 they possibly step out while taking some profit and then the snowball effect kicks in.

I still see a good future for Gulden and now have a new chance to buy low again ;-)
BigDikBTC

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:09:23 AM

There aren't many insiders I think, there's only a few developers, the guys from Nocks and Rijk. What can can happen is that PoW2 and/or SegSig is/are delayed and/or some features not possible. I think it's all panic selling, end of 2017 a lot of new people stepped in and thought they were on their way to get rich fast and now that the price was stable for a while around €0.20 they possibly step out while taking some profit and then the snowball effect kicks in.

I still see a good future for Gulden and now have a new chance to buy low again ;-)

SegSig the death of Gulden for a few months, once they drop SegSig and release PoW2 the price will increase. I do give the devs credit for being bold on SegSig but it was a major setback for the coin and time waster.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:48:37 AM

I think gulden is really a good investment. and we are now at the right opportunity to buy more. however i hope that this coin has a more features/ services to offer in the future.

SuperOrca

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:04:22 AM

I expect a dead cat bounce today as the price did drop too fast , followed by the decline to 1000 - 1500 sat.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:28:09 AM

I didn't want to post this in the Gulden Announcement page to avoid bias opinions but wanted to know if Gulden is a safe bet compared to other alt coins. The reason I am asking is I noticed there ranking on coinmarketcap is way below other coins that have nothing going for them or is it that the other alt coins are way over priced?
i think today as all the coins are in red color,same as bitcoin and more altcoins but gulden stands still d having a green flag..so i guess its a good investment for now.but i dont know in long term.better watch out what will happen in the next few months
BigDikBTC

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:57:57 AM

I didn't want to post this in the Gulden Announcement page to avoid bias opinions but wanted to know if Gulden is a safe bet compared to other alt coins. The reason I am asking is I noticed there ranking on coinmarketcap is way below other coins that have nothing going for them or is it that the other alt coins are way over priced?
i think today as all the coins are in red color,same as bitcoin and more altcoins but gulden stands still d having a green flag..so i guess its a good investment for now.but i dont know in long term.better watch out what will happen in the next few months

Next few months btc will be < $8000, Gulden will be < 1500 sat. Sitting in $$ is the best thing to do and buy up fast when the developers make the announcement for only PoW2 in June or July.
SegSig failure will be a hard lesson for the team but they must learn from their mistakes. All big companies today made mistakes while growing.
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:10:17 AM

Next few months btc will be < $8000, Gulden will be < 1500 sat. Sitting in $$ is the best thing to do and buy up fast when the developers make the announcement for only PoW2 in June or July.
SegSig failure will be a hard lesson for the team but they must learn from their mistakes. All big companies today made mistakes while growing.

The main negative with the 6 month delay because of SegSig is the 58000 coins being dumped by miners every day. This puts more pressure on the price when Gulden could of had 6 months of 45000 coins daily being dumped by miners and the rest going to long term holders that witness.
This is 2.4 million coins dumped because of the delays caused by SegSig.
Danuberiver

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:20:23 AM

Too much supply and insiders who know about development might be dumping but main problem is supply. Crypto is gold, printing too much crypto causes loss in value and when development goes wrong the price comes down fast. With EFL the halvings make it so the coins value increases because it becomes more scarce like gold. There is no development done on a gold coin, the gold coin is made the same way it's been made for 100s of years. Most of the coins in the top 100 have halvings or no PoW at all which create more value.
DashNLG

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:28:50 AM

I totally disagree with the sentiment expressed above, this level I suspect is the new collection level for investors before the next release. It will move around between 1500 and 2000 sat for the next few months or when PoW2 and SegSig is announced for roll out. The days of not being in the top 100 is a few months away. I would motivate the developers and not discourage them with all this trash talking.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:29:03 AM

I think $8k for BTC is way too conservative... last time it "corrected" it went from ~1200 USD to ~230 USD, which took over a year (yes, Cryptos react THAT slow). Consolidation phase took another few months before it found its way back up. Based on the previous corrections I would not be surprised if BTC would go down to $2k, but the thing with these long corrections is that a lot of things could happen in that time. Sitting in cash is indeed a good position for this moment, just wait for the bottom.

As for NLG, My guess is that the drop will stop around USD 0.07-0.09, where the previous support is.

Disclaimer: this is not financial advice, just my view on things.
DashNLG

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:40:01 AM

I think $8k for BTC is way too conservative... last time it "corrected" it went from ~1200 USD to ~230 USD, which took over a year (yes, Cryptos react THAT slow). Consolidation phase took another few months before it found its way back up. Based on the previous corrections I would not be surprised if BTC would go down to $2k, but the thing with these long corrections is that a lot of things could happen in that time. Sitting in cash is indeed a good position for this moment, just wait for the bottom.

As for NLG, My guess is that the drop will stop around USD 0.07-0.09, where the previous support is.

That drop from 1200 USD to 230 USD was also impacted by MT GOX in more ways then one. MT GOX was behind the surge and it's downfall was the reason for the drop. At that time a lot of people thought bitcoin was MT GOX as they weren't educated about the decentralized nature of bitcoin.
The normal rule of thumb is 40-60% drop is a good price to re enter the market after a correction.

The above is also my opinion and not to be taken as 100% fact.

BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:14:03 AM

That drop from 1200 USD to 230 USD was also impacted by MT GOX in more ways then one. MT GOX was behind the surge and it's downfall was the reason for the drop. At that time a lot of people thought bitcoin was MT GOX as they weren't educated about the decentralized nature of bitcoin.
The normal rule of thumb is 40-60% drop is a good price to re enter the market after a correction.

Sure, MtGox played a role... but IMHO more as reason for it to go down in the first place... the long time for correction can't be attributed to that alone. At the time we also had China government officials FUDing about making bitcoin illegal. That had more of an impact than MtGox.
DashNLG

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:20:05 AM

Sure, MtGox played a role... but IMHO more as reason for it to go down in the first place... the long time for correction can't be attributed to that alone. At the time we also had China government officials FUDing about making bitcoin illegal. That had more of an impact than MtGox.

Best advice I can give during this time is use 20% of your funds to buy the dips in the event it does drop another 50% but if does not you are still making profit on that initial investment.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:31:51 AM

Best advice I can give during this time is use 20% of your funds to buy the dips in the event it does drop another 50% but if does not you are still making profit on that initial investment.

If you're in it for short term profits, I agree that's a good strategy. I'll be waiting until the consolidation phase has been reached (wherever that is).

Just checked the #Gulden twitter... panic is starting to surface there... more than the "Hallelujah... moon!!!"-posts. Looks like uninformed people are starting to loose money... again. That dip we're seeing could very well be loose hands that were buying massively >0.20EUR.
Predator47

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:38:34 AM

Well it doesnt look like a scam but i would read the whitepapers to make sure what the technology is about so you can argue about your statements Smiley
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:01:12 AM

Well it doesnt look like a scam but i would read the whitepapers to make sure what the technology is about so you can argue about your statements Smiley

Most new people hardly understand the whitepapers and are easily convinced them being correct (and even if they are correct, there is no proof that the group that announced them is the group that wrote it, as I heard that you can buy them for a few bucks).
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:44:33 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 02:20:17 PM by JuniAiko

Gulden have dropped all the way down to 0.165USD (0.0000166BTC)!!!
I've just loaded up quite a bit more of NLG to HODL!  Cheesy

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: