Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92985 times)
throwawaytao

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:27:09 AM

You never answered my question upthread: what specifically do you think is in violation of US securities law?

THE PREMINE? Smiley LOL

OK, since you didn't answer my question to you that I asked right before the post you're replying to, I'll ask again, what premine? I'm going to assume you mean the money mined at the start that was publicly announced before hand and that was used for the crowd sale in 2016. Is that what you're referring to?

If that's what you mean, it does not violate securities laws.

There is an exemption for the Howey Test if you cap fundraising at $100,000. Bryce did exactly that. He's worked with regulators from the start. There's photographic evidence. There's evidence on the SEC website.

If you have access to some other information I'm not aware of, do tell.

Making a throwaway to point out that this is, in fact, a lie.

Bryce did put a cap on the fundraiser, but at 30 million (1USD = 1TAO), not $100 000. The latter is just what he managed to raise (in fact, he raised slightly more than that, according to contemporaneous PR material).

See e.g. https://bitcoinprbuzz.com/tao-network-announces-the-crowdsale-of-its-cryptocurrency-and-the-tao-of-music-project/

The TAO Network has made 30 million TAO tokens available for the ongoing month-long crowdsale. Rest of the tokens are allocated for development, marketing and community building exercises. The platform has announced that the value a TAO token will not be more than $1.00 during the crowdsale. Participants in the crowdsale shall receive a 25% bonus on their deposit if the deposit is made prior to Friday, August 5th.

You might want to re-read that a little more carefully. "Not be more than $1.00" isn't the same as setting it specifically to $1 the way you're representing it. The amount paid per Tao was proportional to the amount raised, and it ended up at approximately $0.003 per Tao, which is a long way from $1.00

Whether it was capped or only raised ~$100K is irrelevant to the question of whether it qualifies as a security.

It does not.

Am I understanding you correctly that it was dumb luck that made him not break the law, then?

Or did he deliberately not market things as well as he could have?

Because the sale was capped at 30 million USD, not 100k USD, and ran for the full period.

Which regulation are you referring to, by the way?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:07:51 AM

OK, since you didn't answer my question to you that I asked right before the post you're replying to, I'll ask again, what premine? I'm going to assume you mean the money mined at the start that was publicly announced before hand and that was used for the crowd sale in 2016. Is that what you're referring to?

There is an exemption for the Howey Test if you cap fundraising at $100,000. Bryce did exactly that. He's worked with regulators from the start. There's photographic evidence. There's evidence on the SEC website.

The TAO Network has made 30 million TAO tokens available for the ongoing month-long crowdsale. Rest of the tokens are allocated for development, marketing and community building exercises. The platform has announced that the value a TAO token will not be more than $1.00 during the crowdsale. Participants in the crowdsale shall receive a 25% bonus on their deposit if the deposit is made prior to Friday, August 5th.

You might want to re-read that a little more carefully. "Not be more than $1.00" isn't the same as setting it specifically to $1 the way you're representing it. The amount paid per Tao was proportional to the amount raised, and it ended up at approximately $0.003 per Tao, which is a long way from $1.00

Whether it was capped or only raised ~$100K is irrelevant to the question of whether it qualifies as a security.

It does not.

Am I understanding you correctly that it was dumb luck that made him not break the law, then?

Based on comments he's made, yes actually I'm pretty sure he fudded himself on purpose to keep most of crypto at arms length and get people to ignore what he was doing. I think he also intentionally let it languish on small exchanges nobody uses for the same reason, and to keep the shady ICO money away from the network so it stayed clean.

For what he has been doing it was much more important for him to appeal to the people in the music industry than to the crypto industry. And to people in the music industry, most of the rest of crypto looks like a huge scam.

The discussion was whether the Tao ICO needed to be registered as a security and whether it was done legally. Only raising ~$100,000 puts it well under the minimum for it to be exempt. I believe this is covered by Reg D -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_D_(SEC)#Rule_504

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:23:06 PM

It does not.

Based on comments he's made, yes actually I'm pretty sure he fudded himself on purpose to keep most of crypto at arms length and get people to ignore what he was doing. I think he also intentionally let it languish on small exchanges nobody uses for the same reason, and to keep the shady ICO money away from the network so it stayed clean.

For what he has been doing it was much more important for him to appeal to the people in the music industry than to the crypto industry. And to people in the music industry, most of the rest of crypto looks like a huge scam.

The discussion was whether the Tao ICO needed to be registered as a security and whether it was done legally. Only raising ~$100,000 puts it well under the minimum for it to be exempt. I believe this is covered by Reg D -

we talking coins or stocks ? lol  Cheesy  wheres this imaginary exchange? pfttt bwwahahaha

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
throwawaytao

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:11:30 PM

It does not.

That seems deliberately misleading and hardly the conduct of an honest agent.

I don't see where it would apply, as the sale was for up to 30 million dollars, which puts it significantly over the limit.

Moreover, the SEC filing was done much much later.
gembitz

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:34:54 PM

It does not.

I don't see where it would apply, as the sale was for up to 30 million dollars, which puts it significantly over the limit.

SEC doesn't care about bryces shitcoins lol  Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes

(((bwaahahahah!!*spits mcdonalds coffee*)))

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:28:57 AM

we talking coins or stocks ? lol  Cheesy  wheres this imaginary exchange? pfttt bwwahahaha

Coins, obviously.

The exchange is still right where it was yesterday when I linked to it upthread. As previously mentioned, it is currently only allowing people to participate in the ODBcoin sale, with full trading to follow.

https://exchange.alt.market/

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:36:06 AM

It does not.

You're so obsessed with this nonexistent $30M. They raised around $110,000 and that is far less than the minimum required for registering as a security. How you are interpreting the press release you read from 2016 is totally irrelevant to the question of whether it is exempted under Reg D. Is $110,000 less than $1,000,000? Then it's under the minimum. Understand?

The SEC filing is not related to the Tao ICO. That was for the AltMarket, and the fact that they registered is an indication they followed the law.

gembitz

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:48:44 AM

Coins, obviously.

The exchange is still right where it was yesterday when I linked to it upthread. As previously mentioned, it is currently only allowing people to participate in the ODBcoin sale, with full trading to follow.

https://exchange.alt.market/

if there is only ONE COIN ON THERE it's not an exchange it's just a dumping ground for bryces dogshit!! lol Wink weeeeee

gembitz

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:50:16 AM

It does not.

You're so obsessed with this nonexistent $30M. They raised around $110,000 and that is far less than the minimum required for registering as a security. How you are interpreting the press release you read from 2016 is totally irrelevant to the question of whether it is exempted under Reg D. Is $110,000 less than $1,000,000? Then it's under the minimum. Understand?

The SEC filing is not related to the Tao ICO. That was for the AltMarket, and the fact that they registered is an indication they followed the law.

sounds like max keisers holllywood penny stock exchange thing hmmmm Smiley  kek

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:19:46 AM

If you're so confident in Bryce's criminality, report him to the authorities. What AltMarket is doing is about the only legit thing in crypto. Getting bored with people who can only shout baseless assertions and dodge direct questions

Here's some more coverage of the ODBcoin sale, featuring an interview with Young Dirty and Bryce:

https://youtu.be/nak9KFgFXUA?t=25

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:52:43 AM

Right On! magazine article about ODBcoin and the AltMarket exchange:

https://www.rightondigital.com/2018/12/12/wu-tang-clans-odb-estate-launches-coin-on-altmarket-cryptocurrency-exchange/

gembitz

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:55:39 AM

cool! +1  Grin

gembitz

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:08:47 PM

If you're so confident in Bryce's criminality, report him to the authorities. What AltMarket is doing is about the only legit thing in crypto. Getting bored with people who can only shout baseless assertions and dodge direct questions

Once the SEC gets wind that he's throwing their name around to promote his garbage without an actual license that will be his own undoing. I don't have to do anything for his project to be a failure -- they all end up failures anyway. He has a terrible track record and is notorious for pump n dump schemes.

I tried to check where it was on CMC today and its completely fallen off the charts as it was delisted from its last exchange:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tao/#markets

Talk about "shitcoins." Lol.

~in 2021 prolly go big !! Wink lol

presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:36:16 PM

By the way, there is no Altmarket exchange! Its impossible to log in because you can't even create a profile. This is utter madness. Bryce is a lunatic to think he's the only person in America that is properly licensed to sell "shitcoins."

1. He has no such license from the SEC. If he does, please provide the license #.
2. Has he ever heard of a little exchange called Coinbase? Kraken? Poloniex?
3. His exchange doesn't even exist! What's he really "founded" besides a shell of a website?

What a clown.
gembitz

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:44:34 PM

By the way, there is no Altmarket exchange! Its impossible to log in because you can't even create a profile. This is utter madness. Bryce is a lunatic to think he's the only person in America that is properly licensed to sell "shitcoins."

1. He has no such license from the SEC. If he does, please provide the license #.
3. His exchange doesn't even exist! What's he really "founded" besides a shell of a website?

What a clown.

YOU ACTUALLY TRIED? LOLOLOLLL =) BWAAHAHAHA NICE +1

WHEN BRYCES' NEW RAP ALBUM DROPPING??

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:09:58 AM

What a clown.

Huh I'm logged into exchange.alt.market right now. Just checked. Don't know if you still need a referral code to sign up, but I had no problem doing so when I registered a couple weeks ago when it opened.

I'm not aware of the existence of a "license to sell cryptocurrencies." AltMarket has been registered as a MSB since 2017 if that's what you mean. You can look it up on the FinCen database here: https://www.fincen.gov/fcn/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html

AltMarket is only dealing with commodities and there is no license needed to sell commodities like Tao any more than you'd need a license to sell baseball cards or t-shirts, etc. Not so with most ICO tokens on the other hand.

They have exclusive contracts with the artists they represent and as such have a monopoly on sale of the icon tokens.

Any exchange that tries to list ODBcoin or any of the six scheduled for 2019, or the ones that follow, without getting permission can be sued on behalf of the artists for unlicensed use of their image and name. Just like Kanye West sued the developers of Coinye.

The exchange is purposefully defeatured during the ODBcoin crowdsale. You can only register and buy ODBcoin currently. Trading comes later.

Remember the point is not to appeal to crypto traders but to the mainstream audience of music fans, so while the exchange features are there, they are disabled to present as simple an interface as possible for regular people. As I'm pretty sure I've explained.

PresidentDixon

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:20:23 AM

What a clown.

Reckon they have heard of Kraken since they're partnered together retard https://altmarketotc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Also pretty big gap to say it doesn't exist when you can't find a register button https://exchange.alt.market/auth/register?referral=97dbc9a3d7774cb3a86b9958938df2f0
Also pretty hard to scam someone when you'd be liable for the equity you just gave them https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1736725/000173672518000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:33:51 AM

What a clown.

Reckon they have heard of Kraken since they're partnered together retard https://altmarketotc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Also pretty big gap to say it doesn't exist when you can't find a register button https://exchange.alt.market/auth/register?referral=97dbc9a3d7774cb3a86b9958938df2f0
Also pretty hard to scam someone when you'd be liable for the equity you just gave them https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1736725/000173672518000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml

Hey man, I appreciate the reply with more info but please try to avoid name calling. He has a right to be skeptical and you'll do a much better job of convincing him if you just show the facts and be chill about it, even if he's doing some name calling himself.

Let the facts speak for themselves. He'll figure it out or he won't.

gembitz

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:45:54 AM

What a clown.

Huh I'm logged into exchange.alt.market right now. Just checked. Don't know if you still need a referral code to sign up, but I had no problem doing so when I registered a couple weeks ago when it opened.

I'm not aware of the existence of a "license to sell cryptocurrencies." AltMarket has been registered as a MSB since 2017 if that's what you mean. You can look it up on the FinCen database here: https://www.fincen.gov/fcn/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html

AltMarket is only dealing with commodities and there is no license needed to sell commodities like Tao any more than you'd need a license to sell baseball cards or t-shirts, etc. Not so with most ICO tokens on the other hand.

They have exclusive contracts with the artists they represent and as such have a monopoly on sale of the icon tokens.

Any exchange that tries to list ODBcoin or any of the six scheduled for 2019, or the ones that follow, without getting permission can be sued on behalf of the artists for unlicensed use of their image and name. Just like Kanye West sued the developers of Coinye.

The exchange is purposefully defeatured during the ODBcoin crowdsale. You can only register and buy ODBcoin currently. Trading comes later.

Remember the point is not to appeal to crypto traders but to the mainstream audience of music fans, so while the exchange features are there, they are disabled to present as simple an interface as possible for regular people. As I'm pretty sure I've explained.

if ODBcoin is a "coin" than it's minable if it's not minable it's a token :\ whats confusing?

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:11:13 AM

AltMarket Exchange Adds Three Music Industry Veterans To Its Board

https://blocktribune.com/altmarket-exchange-adds-three-music-industry-veterans-to-its-board/
https://icoholder.com/en/press-releases/altmarket-creator-of-the-odbcoin-announces-addition-of-music-industry-luminaries-to-its-board

David Lotwin and Dick Wingate are new additions to AltMarket’s board. Peter Rafelson, one of AltMarket’s co-founders, is also joining.

Lotwin is one of the founders of D&D Studios, a Bronx recording studio that initially focused on freestyle and dance music. A veritable who’s who of hip-hop royalty passed through Lotwin’s studio, from KRS-One to Nas and Jay-Z.

Wingate boasts over 40 years of experience in the music and interactive industries and is the principal of DEV Advisors, an entertainment consulting firm that provides expertise to service providers, app developers, content owners and investors.

Rafelson has written and produced songs for Madonna, Jackson Brown, Stevie Nicks, Elton John and Britney Spears. His work over the years helped sell over 300 million records worldwide. Rafelson also produces and consults for various technology and media entities with his company, Rafelson Media Company. He counts Microsoft, Apple, Toshiba and Compaq among his clients.

Wiki entry on Lotwin's D&D Studios: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%26D_Studios

Wiki on Wingate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Wingate

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: