Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:36:27 AM

What Exchanges are going to be used for KMD?

I suppose this is mostly for Anon, so if I send in my BTC and then send KMD to trade at an Exchange and make money off other traders and then turn my KMD back into BTC washed and squeaky clean. But anyone outside the ICO has their BTC sent to an exchange with KYC/AML...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:55:56 AM

Komodo - Notary Election - Choose who will represent you as a Komodo Notary Node.

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 08:07:39 AM

What Exchanges are going to be used for KMD?

I suppose this is mostly for Anon, so if I send in my BTC and then send KMD to trade at an Exchange and make money off other traders and then turn my KMD back into BTC washed and squeaky clean. But anyone outside the ICO has their BTC sent to an exchange with KYC/AML...

There is no way to know. The exchanges will do their own choices and decisions, so we cannot promise anything. Of course it's reasonable to assume that a liquid market will be added to all the major exchanges at some point.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 08:09:17 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

komodoelection.com  is now live,  if you are trying to become a candidate  please create a profile  on the site,   profiles are under manual approval to combat spammers.   Profiles will be approved within 24 hours of posting,   most often sooner.   Good luck in the election!

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
akhavr

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:33:35 AM

One thing is not clear: will be there a snapshot of BTCD balances or BTCD should be sent to an exodus address?

If the first, what would be the snapshot date?  (should move my coins out of exchange before Wink )

loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:34:05 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

komodoelection.com  is now live,  if you are trying to become a candidate  please create a profile  on the site,   profiles are under manual approval to combat spammers.   Profiles will be approved within 24 hours of posting,   most often sooner.   Good luck in the election!

This is for the nodes right? Any news on how to participate on the ICO? The date is close Smiley

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:53:10 AM

I was about registering  on the election page then I can't found Africa region on the list, I am an African so I decided to withdraw myself from this project

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 09:21:32 AM

One thing is not clear: will be there a snapshot of BTCD balances or BTCD should be sent to an exodus address?

If the first, what would be the snapshot date?  (should move my coins out of exchange before Wink )

There is a BTCD snapshot for the revenue asset, so you should hold your BTCD's in a local wallet. For downloads and instructions (the guide) visit the bitcoindark.com website.

After the snapshot the BTCD <-> KMD swap begins, and it will last one full year. During that time you can swap your BTCD's to KMD. More info about how this is done will be published later.

In summary:
BTCD holders: send your BTCD to a local wallet before the ICO ends!
BTC investors: invest your BTC during the ICO. We will have an ICO site with instructions, it will be announced little later. The link can be found from komodoplatfrom.com website on October 15th (when the timer runs out).

For more info BTCD holders can read this Steemit post

ANNOUNCEMENT

This is for the nodes right? Any news on how to participate on the ICO? The date is close Smiley

Yes, it's for those who wish to run a notary node.

On October 15th a link will appear on the komodoplatform.com website, and that will take you to our ICO site.

I was about registering  on the election page then I can't found Africa region on the list, I am an African so I decided to withdraw myself from this project

Hello!

You can pick "Southern Hemisphere". We hope we can get you onboard! It would be nice to have some nodes in Africa.

The Southern Hemisphere contains all or parts of five continents, including all of Antarctica, Australia, almost all of South America, the southern third of Africa and some southern islands in Asia (parts of Indonesia). It also includes four oceans (Indian, South Atlantic, Southern and South Pacific) and a major part of Oceania.

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:46:14 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if the pre-ICO bonuses (30% and 35%) will also be taken into account to compute the average bonus:

Another bonus system was established to counter the dilution the BTC bonus system would have for BTCD investors. The bonus is calculated by applying the average bonus the BTC investors got to the swap rate.

Example: Lets say 10000 BTC are collected and 1000 BTC in early investor bonus was taken. That means the average bonus is 10%. This would bring the BTCD swap rate to 0.005852.

Also, I assume there will be some kind of public records concerning the amounts invested and their bonuses.

Thank you.

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:52:50 AM

The stakeholders are going to vote for the Notary, but how is it's going to take place and when?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 11:16:38 AM

Africa is in the SH Southern Hemisphere region

we are not using strictly literal interpretations, so all of Africa will be considered SH, along with South America, Australia

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 11:18:13 AM

The stakeholders are going to vote for the Notary, but how is it's going to take place and when?

The current plan for the first election is that the voting would happen when people redeem their KMD, or some short of other temporary procedure. For the later elections we must develop a better system, and about that we currently have no info. jl777 is thinking the best way to implement it.

For the first election it is possible that we don't even get 64 candidates, so there's a change there won't really be any meaningful elections. We will see.

Hi,

I was wondering if the pre-ICO bonuses (30% and 35%) will also be taken into account to compute the average bonus:

Another bonus system was established to counter the dilution the BTC bonus system would have for BTCD investors. The bonus is calculated by applying the average bonus the BTC investors got to the swap rate.

Example: Lets say 10000 BTC are collected and 1000 BTC in early investor bonus was taken. That means the average bonus is 10%. This would bring the BTCD swap rate to 0.005852.

Also, I assume there will be some kind of public records concerning the amounts invested and their bonuses.

Thank you.

Yes, they are taken into account when calculating the average bonus, i.e. BTCD bonus.

The investments per bonus tier will be made public. Currently we have raised 300 BTC (+300 BTC more is promised) by angel investors.

If someone missed the announcement, here it is:
Announcement! Komodo welcomes pre-ICO angel investors!

We will accept investments from angel investors before the ICO starts.

PreICO Angel Investors Terms:

Investments >250 BTC will receive 30% bonus instead of 25%.
Investments >500 BTC will receive 35% bonus instead of 25%.

The Offer will end right when the ICO starts on October 15th.
The total amount that can be raised with those terms is 5000 BTC.

Contact TwinWinNerD to take advantage of this deal, it is a manual process.

Best regards,
Komodo Team

There have been no insider deals and several large investors approached us for getting a bigger discount with a pre-ICO investment. This is not anything we planned, we are just responding to demand.

Now, it is important that everybody get the same opportunity as everybody else. The only requirement is the amount of the BTC. Considering the size and the timing, the extra percentage bonus is appropriate. This is open to everybody, nobody is forced to do this.

We are not talking about a 3x or 5x advantage to the large investors. It is 5% to 10%. If anybody really thinks this is unfair, well, we have to agree to disagree. Whales always get a better deal than the rest, I hope people will analyze this objectively and not with emotions.

kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:27:12 AM

The current plan for the first election is that the voting would happen when people redeem their KMD, or some short of other temporary procedure. For the later elections we must develop a better system, and about that we currently have no info. jl777 is thinking the best way to implement it.

For the first election it is possible that we don't even get 64 candidates, so there's a change there won't really be any meaningful elections. We will see.

Hopefully a way can be found to let BTCD holders still vote even if they keep staking and don't redeem before the election.
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 11:30:00 AM

From SuperNET Slack #general:

jpr
how will the coins be distributed after ICO? Sent to wallets?

jl777
yes

jpr
and will there be wallets for linux with gui from the beginning?

jl777
wallets for unix are already working in testnet. GUI is not yet, but I expect that we will get them this month

Join SuperNET Slack so you don't miss anything! We have #komodo channel there Wink

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 11:33:23 AM

Hopefully a way can be found to let BTCD holders still vote even if they keep staking and don't redeem before the election.

From investment perspective it doesn't matter when you swap. Even if you are staking more BTCD you will still be receiving the same amount of KMD, as the BTCD/KMD exchange rate will decrease at the same rate you could stake your BTCDs. If we would allow people to stake their BTCD for one year and then swap with the original exchange rate we would run out of KMD.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 11:35:37 AM

The voting has to happen after the ICO is completed.
BTCD redeem has to happen after the ICO is completed.

So it is a matter to combine BTCD redeem + voting, as the ICO redeem + voting is being done.

When there is enough votes to know the notary nodes, we start mainnet and the notaries and then distribute coins

Some details subject to change, but the above gets everybody in the same timeframe, which is what is most important with ICO coins. The actual distribution will be done with normal transactions in batches, so some will get their KMD several blocks ahead of others, but it should all happen within a few hours or less

kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:48:00 AM

So it is a matter to combine BTCD redeem + voting, as the ICO redeem + voting is being done.

When there is enough votes to know the notary nodes, we start mainnet and the notaries and then distribute coins

Some details subject to change, but the above gets everybody in the same timeframe, which is what is most important with ICO coins. The actual distribution will be done with normal transactions in batches, so some will get their KMD several blocks ahead of others, but it should all happen within a few hours or less

Thanks James, that makes sense. I intend to keep staking my btcd as long as possible, but I was forgetting that the redeem/vote snapshot for the REV share can still happen right after the ico is completed. No need to send coins anywhere, just use snapshot balances.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 12:03:56 PM

Thanks James, that makes sense. I intend to keep staking my btcd as long as possible, but I was forgetting that the redeem/vote snapshot for the REV share can still happen right after the ico is completed. No need to send coins anywhere, just use snapshot balances.
correct

and REVS can even be distributed independently of KMD, but since REVS will use KMD dPoW, it will need to wait until after KMD mainnet is live

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 01:16:48 PM

From SuperNET Slack #general:

jpr
how will the coins be distributed after ICO? Sent to wallets?

jl777
yes

jpr
and will there be wallets for linux with gui from the beginning?

jl777
wallets for unix are already working in testnet. GUI is not yet, but I expect that we will get them this month

Join SuperNET Slack so you don't miss anything! We have #komodo channel there Wink

Will there be wallets for Mac too?  Smiley
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 01:34:21 PM

4 days again ICO will be start,,Hurraayyy

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: