Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:41:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 08:58:05 PM

Is there a Byteball slack?  When I completely bork my installation or do something really odd between my Android phone, Linus desktop and Windows laptop, I'd rather not clutter up the thread.

We are focusing all communication around this thread at this time.
If you have problems with the wallet, PM or email me.

To attract wider community, you may want to make a post about your project at steemit.com. A lot of crypto geeks read it.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 09:32:58 PM

I think capping the BTC wallet to 50 would be a good idea. Exchanges won't bother breaking it down that small hopefully and neither will super whales.
90% + of this board has less that 50 BTC.

If they want, they will.  The cost of splitting balances is next to nothing.

Immense pressure should be placed upon all big exchanges to give byteball to the rightful owners/holders of BTC on their sites.

Absolutely right.  That's why it is achievable only with community help.

Can I ask you directly why you did not just follow clams and use the largest 3 POW coins to distribute if you want even more people involved with the project?

Seems like you think it is unfair not to give anything to seasoned altcoin investors?

Simplicity is beauty
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:43:23 AM

I think capping the BTC wallet to 50 would be a good idea. Exchanges won't bother breaking it down that small hopefully and neither will super whales.

Immense pressure should be placed upon all big exchanges to give byteball to the rightful owners/holders of BTC on their sites.

Can I ask you directly why you did not just follow clams and use the largest 3 POW coins to distribute if you want even more people involved with the project?

Seems like you think it is unfair not to give anything to seasoned altcoin investors?

Can I screenshot my bank account & timesheets (for pow)?

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
sulec70

Activity: 373

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 04:43:02 AM

You can now buy pizza for bytes (or rather testpizza for testbytes):

To try it yourself, visit https://byteball.org and click the link to buy pizza.

Unlike most other altcoins, which found their use only in trading, Byteball is designed for commerce.  Payment and communication are tightly integrated, and you can use the built-in encrypted chat to buy stuff by chatting with a chatbot.  Simple purchases, like the one in this demo, take literally a few clicks.

Chatbots are also easy to write.  If you plan to sell something after Byteball launches, get ready for the launch by setting up your own chatbot.  This is the source code of this demo to start with: https://github.com/byteball/byteball-merchant.

Please retweet: https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg/status/778957804610711552
how i can buy pizza but i not recieve coin byteball

What do you mean "not received coin byteball" ?
You just install and claim your free byteball.

Note:
** It's tester only (DEMO)
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 05:50:52 AM

German blogger Altcoinspekulant wrote a nice piece about Byteball:
https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2016/09/22/byteball-neue-blockchainlose-waehrung-gibt-es-gratis-ueber-airdrop/

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 06:36:07 AM

great work

maybe dev can add option - cancel payment under payment request

IOTA
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 06:55:05 AM

tonych

Tonych: I hope I was not to offensive in bringing BCNext name here. But the whitepaper with reference to 1984, the technical development, your Russian background, the 22 month development time, the combination of this facts gives a little bit meat around the bone. Would you be interested for an interview in my blog, what I would than bring in two languages German and English?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 09:04:05 AM

tonych

Tonych: I hope I was not to offensive in bringing BCNext name here. But the whitepaper with reference to 1984, the technical development, your Russian background, the 22 month development time, the combination of this facts gives a little bit meat around the bone. Would you be interested for an interview in my blog, what I would than bring in two languages German and English?

Thanks a lot for your post!
No, it is not offensive, it is definitely flattering to be mentioned alongside one of the Greats in the history of crypto, but I am not BCNext.
Of course, I would be interested in an interview for your blog.

Simplicity is beauty
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 10:17:49 AM

I don't understand your reasoning behind your final comment?

I thought the idea was to distribute as widely as possible?

What makes you think seasoned ALT investors retain all of their wealth in BTC? Surely more alt investors seasoned or otherwise will get involved with LTC and DOGE being used rather than just BTC?

Either way without the exchanges agreeing to distrubuting to their clients the idea is obviously unworkable.

sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 10:39:06 AM

This algorytm wil be mineable?
yvv
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 11:42:24 AM

So, how do I issue my coin on byteball?

vhong

Activity: 361

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 11:59:58 AM

Read the OP there is a specific instructions about the issuing process regarding initial distribution.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:14:04 PM

Most fair distribution is inverse penis size method (stake gets larger as penis size gets smaller), obviously scope for gaming penis selfie photo applications for genesis block, but internet is not swamped with guys instagramming their micro penis images, so gamers must pay small penis guys for their photos, so redistribution from well hung to less well so must necessarily occur, so overall 'fairness' in the universe must therefore go up. Just start at 6 " as median stake, 1mm smaller penis gets slightly more, 1mm larger gets slightly less, and so on.

Guy with micro penis is a crypto whale, well hung guys need to earn coins from sig campaign ... it's fair, but might be considered ridiculous, so second best method probable just use bitcoin.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:29:37 PM

Most fair distribution is inverse penis size method (stake gets larger as penis size gets smaller), obviously scope for gaming penis selfie photo applications for genesis block, but internet is not swamped with guys instagramming their micro penis images, so gamers must pay small penis guys for their photos, so redistribution from well hung to less well so must necessarily occur, so overall 'fairness' in the universe must therefore go up. Just start at 6 " as median stake, 1mm smaller penis gets slightly more, 1mm larger gets slightly less, and so on.

Guy with micro penis is a crypto whale, well hung guys need to earn coins from sig campaign ... it's fair, but might be considered ridiculous, so second best method probable just use bitcoin.

Thanks for the good laugh  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 01:50:33 PM

This function is available only through command line interface.  Customize and run this script: https://github.com/byteball/headless-byteball/blob/master/play/create_asset.js.

Simplicity is beauty
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 01:51:41 PM

Can someone send me some byteball to check wallet out, I will not post address in the thread (bct rules), send me a pm.
Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 02:05:42 PM

Looks interesting. Following.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 02:08:24 PM

Pointless post but I understand your motives.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 02:12:11 PM

Blockchain Dynamics had some coverage of Byteball in two episodes:

https://soundcloud.com/errorbytrial/blockchain-dynamics-28-9-11-2016 (at 33:25)
https://soundcloud.com/errorbytrial/blockchain-dynamics-29-9182016 (at 35:44)

Blockchain Dynamics is a weekly altcoin talk and discussion podcast.  Tune in live every Saturday at 7PM MST via www.mixlr.com/errorbytrial or check out our archives which are posted shortly after the show.  Follow us on twitter @chaindynamics to get alerted to broadcasts.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
kaicrypzen

Merit: 656

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:14:09 PM

This worked well when I paired both my phone and my desktop, however pairing two of my desktop apps didn't work. I copied the pairing code from device1 and emailed it to myself, I then added it as a new device on device2, however, device1 appears with the name New (in device2's list of paired devices), whereas it should've been the name device1 was configured with.
The name should update when device1 comes online.

It is true that I paired my devices when one of them was off-line, however, now that device1 is online, nothing has changed. I was wondering if this could've happened because I mistyped the pairing code ... (well I copy/pasted it so that's not very likely, but you never know).

After pairing my phone with my desktop, I requested a payment from the phone, when I clicked to execute the payment from my desktop, my phone displayed this error: http://imgur.com/a/Riafp. And now it is displayed each time I start the app.
Please update to 0.3.1.

Thank you, the update solved it.

On the mobile wallet I have two issues:
- When the wallet is synching, the blackbytes screen overlaps on the bytes screen, it comes on top of it then goes back then comes up ....
- I also did get this error once:
http://imgur.com/a/gzQ7T

I've noticed that the chat history is deleted when I restart the wallet.
I suggest to store the history locally, you can add a delete button to clear it.

Yes, I agree.  Or, for simplicity of display, show the last 10 messages and have a History section, sorted by date in Descending order.

+1. At the moment the payment request and the address seem to be the only persistent messages, however before asking someone for a payment, you might wanna say "Hi" Smiley. (This is not an issue when both devices are online.)

Also something that I find inconvenient is that even when a device is paired with another, their address are not automatically added to the address book, moreover there is no send payment button (in the chat interface).

Can someone send me some byteball to check wallet out, I will not post address in the thread (bct rules), send me a pm.

you can request bytes from Testnet Faucet:

After installing the wallet, visit https://byteball.org and click the clink to receive free bytes to play with.

if you want bytes (or blackbytes) then pm me your address(es) if you don't wanna post it (them) here. (I wasn't aware there was a rule against posting addresses.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: