Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233948 times)
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2021, 11:02:01 AM

I think oswap.io picks a pool that has better price for your amount. Many cases, the pool with less liquidity has better price only for very small amounts because the exchange rate for small pool changes fast as you try yo exchange more.

Nope, it doesn't work this way. Cbyte-OUSD 0.1% pool has the better price to swap from OUSD to GByte than the pool with 0.3% fee  but oswap didn't pick it up. All time when I want to swap from OUSD to GByte  oswap offers me the 0.3% pool instead of the 01% one. So I consider this as a serious drawback because my choice is ignored.

Your choice doesn't matter, best price for your amount should matter, if it doesn't then there is probably bug in UI.

You can still send tokens to specific AA address without oswap.io and then ot will use the pool of your choosing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2021, 12:23:10 PM

I think oswap.io picks a pool that has better price for your amount. Many cases, the pool with less liquidity has better price only for very small amounts because the exchange rate for small pool changes fast as you try yo exchange more.

Nope, it doesn't work this way. Cbyte-OUSD 0.1% pool has the better price to swap from OUSD to GByte than the pool with 0.3% fee  but oswap didn't pick it up. All time when I want to swap from OUSD to GByte  oswap offers me the 0.3% pool instead of the 01% one. So I consider this as a serious drawback because my choice is ignored.

Your choice doesn't matter, best price for your amount should matter, if it doesn't then there is probably bug in UI.

You can still send tokens to specific AA address without oswap.io and then ot will use the pool of your choosing.

Yeah, seems to be a bug. Can it be fixed eventually? Sending  tokens "manually"  to specific AA address is a good alternative  I'm aware of  but such action from me  may result in  the human error  so I would prefer to have automated way to do it via oswap interface.

Yes, since it's just a bug in front-end code, it should be fixable, just have to find why it doesn't prefer pool with lower price.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 10:03:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I just fired up my wallet that I haven't touched since 2016.

It will not let me send. It gives me a connection error after I enter address and amount to send to.

Then I noticed that my wallet says "Byteball" and the new wallet says "Obyte". Do I need to upgrade before I can send?

If so, do I need to do it in a specific manner in order not to lose access to my funds?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Jon
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2021, 12:04:17 AM

Hi everyone,

It will not let me send. It gives me a connection error after I enter address and amount to send to.

Then I noticed that my wallet says "Byteball" and the new wallet says "Obyte". Do I need to upgrade before I can send?

If so, do I need to do it in a specific manner in order not to lose access to my funds?

Jon

You didn't mention what platform you are using, but in case it's Windows then you just download the new installer and re-install it.
https://obyte.org/#download

You will also have to accept all the Witness (Order Provider) changes after you launch the new version, there has been 7 changes.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 04:20:54 AM

Hi everyone,

Jon

You didn't mention what platform you are using, but in case it's Windows then you just download the new installer and re-install it.

You will also have to accept all the Witness (Order Provider) changes after you launch the new version, there has been 7 changes.

I am using Mac.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 04:21:45 PM

We are launching two rewards programs to improve the liquidity of GBYTE:

- we double your profit from long positions -- for traders
- rewards for net buys -- for holders

Join here: https://trade.obyte.org

More background and details in the blog post: https://medium.com/obyte/obyte-trading-rewards-c7abf1086518

Trading rewards are now available for Bit-Z users as well. This is important for users from countries not supported by Bittrex (such as Ukraine, Venezuela) and for users who had trouble getting verified on Bittrex.

https://trade.obyte.org/how-to-join/bitz

Simplicity is beauty
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 06:05:08 AM

Hi everyone,

Jon

If for some reason I upload the new version and cannot see my balance, is there an option to enter my 12 word passphrase to recover?
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 08:05:58 PM

Hi everyone,

Jon

If for some reason I upload the new version and cannot see my balance, is there an option to enter my 12 word passphrase to recover?

You might want to join Discord for quicker techsupport! Link is in the first post.

=P
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 04:31:07 PM

I've been a fan of Obyte for over 3 years now, and it surely is one of the most interesting projects out there.
However, I still have doubts about its resilience. It should be government-resistant.
What would happen if a government would sent 12 agents to take care of the 12 Order Providers simulaneously? Could it bring down the network and maybe rewrite the history of the DAG?
I hope not, but I'd need to hear a convincing answer on why not. It's a question that deserves an answer.

Obyte is tyrannic government resistant, which means that unless all governments suddenly agree on something, there is no danger. The breaking point is actually 6-7 Order Providers, not 12 because if you take 6 out then there is no longer majority. If they take out 7 then they have the majority.
Getting all the governments suddenly co-operate with each other and agree on something like that is quite far fetched, especially when there is nothing illegal in what the full nodes are doing. Today, we no longer have majority of Order Proviers in one jurisdiction, so Obyte doesn't have a single-point failure https://stats.obyte.org/witnesses.php

If 6 governments indeed get simultaneously agents to knock on doors of 6 Order Providers then which judges are going to sign that? These 6 people should all have to be breaking some law for the agents to break in. So, Obyte is not in danger if one of the governments loses it's mind or one of the Order Providers is accused in something criminal. Running a full node is not criminal, posting transactions on cryptocurrency platform is not criminal either. Order Providers don't decide whose transaction is valid or not, the whole network does. Bitcoin is protected against same thing - multiple governments going mad, but Bitcoin miners actually decide whose transactions get confirmed, Obyte Order Providers doesn't. https://medium.com/obyte/from-blockchain-to-dag-getting-rid-of-middlemen-28afa7563545

In terms of what will happen if government seizes the machines, if it's even located in the same place as the Order Provider himself - the worst thing they can do is shut the machines down because if there is no majority of Order Providers posting anymore, no new transactions will get stable (confirmed). People could still post new transactions, but the part of the DAG with unstable transactions will not become stable. They could also modify the code and post transactions out of order, but that would just signal everyone that Order Provider is acting bad. They can't change the history, that's blockchain feature, not Obyte's.

If they somehow would get hands on majority of Order Providers (7) and make those post transactions out of order then that would just break the whole network and the community would need to hard-fork.

There is more about exact this thing on Obyte blog https://medium.com/obyte/dag-vs-blockchain-6d2d99f10bd9

I'm late in answering because I was away from the forum - sorry for that.
You mention judges and governments agreeing among them - come on, this is not the real world. Should Obyte succeed in the extremely unlikely task of becoming the new N.1 because "it's better than Bitcoin" and should it somehow endanger the fiat banking system it would take just seven hitmen for the banksters to get the job done in one single day and if the community forks the project it only means the hitmen would have to be hired for another day or two (according to how many times the community will insist to fork). We're not discussing the "why" should they want to do that - of course as long as Obyte is a little project nobody will care. But if you are planning a platform which has to be better than Bitcoin, it must also possess at least the same resilience. Pushing the problem under the rug is not a solution. It's the only technical (big) flaw I see in an otherwise excellent and still deeply undervalued project.
BTW look at the John McAfee case, he has been imprisoned in Spain for the "crime" of not having filed for taxes... in the USA - LoL, that tell you everything on how what's only matters on earth is power, not rules.

logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2021, 05:17:46 PM

Tomo chain has the edge over your system since it builds pools itself, no user interaction is needed. You lag far behind with your pool douchbaggery coz people like not to lock up money in the pool but to get free money from a donation facet while maintaining idleness in terms of their act. Pools shall pop up autonomously and be filled with money from the blokchain fund and then send that money to whoever asks for it.

devondad93

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 02:03:32 AM

Anyone can answer or help me? I never did anything while the snapshot was token for free Gbyte or 0byte, never download the wallet or use it too, can i still get the free Gbyte from my wallet or not if i installed gbyte/0byte wallet now?
icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 7761

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2021, 10:25:49 PM

I decided to do some sort of bump and get back to the topic of liquidity in one go, (based on the statements I see on Twitter, the team has finally decided to focus on ex'marketing). So I encourage all Obyte fans to support this initiative and share ideas! Since precisely because of the lack of liquidity, Obyte still remains one of the few coins that missed the bullish trend ... Btway, the link to Discord is inactive.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 01:16:49 AM

I'm late in answering because I was away from the forum - sorry for that.
You mention judges and governments agreeing among them - come on, this is not the real world. Should Obyte succeed in the extremely unlikely task of becoming the new N.1 because "it's better than Bitcoin" and should it somehow endanger the fiat banking system it would take just seven hitmen for the banksters to get the job done in one single day and if the community forks the project it only means the hitmen would have to be hired for another day or two (according to how many times the community will insist to fork). We're not discussing the "why" should they want to do that - of course as long as Obyte is a little project nobody will care. But if you are planning a platform which has to be better than Bitcoin, it must also possess at least the same resilience. Pushing the problem under the rug is not a solution. It's the only technical (big) flaw I see in an otherwise excellent and still deeply undervalued project.
BTW look at the John McAfee case, he has been imprisoned in Spain for the "crime" of not having filed for taxes... in the USA - LoL, that tell you everything on how what's only matters on earth is power, not rules.

LOL, what fantasy world are you living in? It is more likely that climate change activist will attack server farms than bankers hiring hitmen for regular people.
Obviously, John McAfee would not be a good fit for Order Provider and most people probably would not pick him as one, hopefully.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 01:28:39 AM

Nope, it doesn't work this way. Cbyte-OUSD 0.1% pool has the better price to swap from OUSD to GByte than the pool with 0.3% fee  but oswap didn't pick it up. All time when I want to swap from OUSD to GByte  oswap offers me the 0.3% pool instead of the 01% one. So I consider this as a serious drawback because my choice is ignored.

Tomo chain has the edge over your system since it builds pools itself, no user interaction is needed. You lag far behind with your pool douchbaggery coz people like not to lock up money in the pool but to get free money from a donation facet while maintaining idleness in terms of their act. Pools shall pop up autonomously and be filled with money from the blokchain fund and then send that money to whoever asks for it.

Looks like you don't understand the difference of faucets, staking and providing liquidity for swapping pools.
TomoChain has swapping pools too because it is straight up copy of Uniswap https://app.luaswap.org/#/pool
Just like Obyte has liquidity mining https://liquidity.obyte.org/, LuaSwap has farming on TomoChain too

Good luck with the pointless Ethereum fork, which uses voting to resolve conflicts, which is no different from any other block producer censorship. Obyte has no voting, transaction order is based on everyone's transactions.
Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

(based on the statements I see on Twitter, the team has finally decided to focus on ex'marketing).

If you want to achieve anything start talking about the project on socials or start building something on top of Obyte, like PolloPollo.org, and start talking about that. Word of mouth is the most powerful marketing tool there is. Don't expect the team to do it for you. They've built the most feature complete platform in all of crypto, yet no-one is talking about it and hardly anyone is building anything on it.

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
icopress
Legendary

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 04:29:39 PM

You forget that often the [founder] is the same person as the product developer, and because of his narrow specialization, it is difficult for him to delegate authority. Therefore, it is foolish to assume that the fate of the project is in the hands of the community. Yes, we all see that the CEO does not give empty promises, so I hope that soon we will see the expansion of liquidity as it was said. As for the bullish trend, I meant that most of the coins with serious infrastructure made a breakthrough of 500% or more this year, (for this reason, I do not consider the rise of Obyte from $20 to $40 as a bullish trend).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 08:56:12 PM

Btway, the link to Discord is inactive.

Which link? All links are very active
https://discord.obyte.org/
https://obyte.org/discord
https://discord.gg/qHHST4e
icopress
Legendary

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2021, 12:15:28 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Well, 500% for Gbyte seems to be unrealistic. The project lost traction ~ 3  years ago and over these years  there have been many other projects that have taken up the niches that Obyte could have. Now it’s playing  the catching-up role rather then   leading one. BTW, if you wanna get link to Discord ask  tarmo888, he will invite you.
500% is a pretty real figure if you know what to do. A good exchange, paired with a few marketing activities and you should be fine, (for example, prizes for trading volumes or a thoughtful drop under the auspices of the exchange). I recently looked at the list of coins listed on Binance, and I can say that Obyte looks pretty good against the background of most of them. Btway, if you look at these criteria [Binance Listing Tips], you will understand what I mean when I say that Obyte is pretty good.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2021, 04:13:39 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4)

You forget that often the [founder] is the same person as the product developer, and because of his narrow specialization, it is difficult for him to delegate authority. Therefore, it is foolish to assume that the fate of the project is in the hands of the community. Yes, we all see that the CEO does not give empty promises, so I hope that soon we will see the expansion of liquidity as it was said. As for the bullish trend, I meant that most of the coins with serious infrastructure made a breakthrough of 500% or more this year, (for this reason, I do not consider the rise of Obyte from $20 to $40 as a bullish trend).
Not exactly true, there are many developers who are working or have worked on Obyte and different tasks are delegated to different people https://obyte.org/#team
The fate of this project is in the hands of the community, it's kind of weird to read that it could be anything else. Without the community, it's just bunch of code.
There is limited amount of reach that Obyte Foundation can ever get, no matter how much money it would waste on marketing, so it very much depends on the community to use Obyte and promote Obyte.
Most older coins have barely reached their previous ATH, Obyte has not because it went very high at then dropped a lot, so those 500% gains are mostly from new DeFi and NFT garbage, which some of them won't even exist in 2 years.

Well, 500% for Gbyte seems to be unrealistic. The project lost traction ~ 3  years ago and over these years  there have been many other projects that have taken up the niches that Obyte could have. Now it’s playing  the catching-up role rather then   leading one. BTW, if you wanna get link to Discord ask  tarmo888, he will invite you.
500% is a pretty real figure if you know what to do. A good exchange, paired with a few marketing activities and you should be fine, (for example, prizes for trading volumes or a thoughtful drop under the auspices of the exchange). I recently looked at the list of coins listed on Binance, and I can say that Obyte looks pretty good against the background of most of them. Btway, if you look at these criteria [Binance Listing Tips], you will understand what I mean when I say that Obyte is pretty good.

500% for GBYTE is very real goal even without any new exchanges. 500% gain would only be $230, which at current liquidity could be reached with just FOMOing in with 10 BTC. Only 17 BTC would clear out the whole sell side on Bittrex and take GBYTE price over $500. More exchanges would most likely dilute the liquidity on existing exchanges at this point.
Prizes for trading volumes on the other hand, doesn't help liquidity much, that's just wash trading. Obyte already has Trading Rewards https://trade.obyte.org/ which distributes GBYTE to those who buy more, HODL and then sell higher.
icopress
Legendary

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2021, 09:38:46 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2021, 03:24:21 PM by icopress

tarmo888, can you tell me which app was used to create the roadmap? [Obyte [GRANT], Page 5] (I would be very grateful).

Only 17 BTC would clear out the whole sell side on Bittrex and take GBYTE price over $500. More exchanges
You yourself say that within the framework of the exchange with the help of a relatively small amount, you can create a significant pump. As for me, this has nothing to do with liquidity, but on the contrary its absence. + I'm not talking about a large number of exchanges, I meant listing on at least one more liquid exchange. Since, honestly speaking, I am skeptical about all exchanges on which GBYTE is traded except Bittrex.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: