Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2021, 11:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1226725 times)
tarmo888

Activity: 575
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 01:53:11 PM

Talking to tarmo888 is a waste of time. There's zero chance he will change his mind. It has never happened before and it will never happen. The only thing that always happens is a toxic discussion, name calling and eventually invectives. It always happened before and will always happen. With anybody trying. Again. And again. No matter the arguments you will come up with. It's better to spend your time on something more enjoyable. You can send me 2 cents for saving you time and preventing debilitating frustration.

Not any arguments, bring on the good arguments. Preferably something backed with data, not just opinions, we have internally bunch of opinions too, which are quite useless if they can't be proved.

You used to post normal posts, but it seems that it is you who has turned toxic lately. All you do now is post animated gifs and FUD. Maybe you are pissed that you bags are worthless now, but I can't see how posting FUD will help that, seems like you are digging bigger crave to your bags with every new FUD post.
The market is very bad, many people slowly lose confidence

Same with every other coin out there after almost 2 years of bear market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1644
Merit: 1011

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 03:32:58 PM

Talking to tarmo888 is a waste of time. There's zero chance he will change his mind. It has never happened before and it will never happen. The only thing that always happens is a toxic discussion, name calling and eventually invectives. It always happened before and will always happen. With anybody trying. Again. And again. No matter the arguments you will come up with. It's better to spend your time on something more enjoyable. You can send me 2 cents for saving you time and preventing debilitating frustration.

Not any arguments, bring on the good arguments. Preferably something backed with data, not just opinions, we have internally bunch of opinions too, which are quite useless if they can't be proved.

You used to post normal posts, but it seems that it is you who has turned toxic lately. All you do now is post animated gifs and FUD. Maybe you are pissed that you bags are worthless now, but I can't see how posting FUD will help that, seems like you are digging bigger crave to your bags with every new FUD post.

Exactly. In fact on most of the threads I have bags on, most posts are just complaints and incessant whining. I guess it can't be helped that people lose their shit when their coin investment lost 95% of its value. And not a single coin was spared.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 03:42:42 PM

Exactly. In fact on most of the threads I have bags on, most posts are just complaints and incessant whining. I guess it can't be helped that people lose their shit when their coin investment lost 95% of its value. And not a single coin was spared.

Bitcoin is down a little over 50% from all time high. Byteballs are down over 98% from ath. Not exactly the same level of destruction there.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 628

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 06:13:10 AM

Bitcoin is down a little over 50% from all time high. Byteballs are down over 98% from ath. Not exactly the same level of destruction there.
How about other top altcoins when you compare their prices today to their all time high prices? It is not too bad for Obyte if you compare percentage of loss from all time high to today price.
I know how investors who bought Obyte (Byteball) and other top altcoins at all time highs, and still held their coins by now. It is not comfortable feeling, I know. In contrast, if someone have spare money to use for investment now, they can determinantly do this with very good profitable potential in coming weeks or months.
I can not deny the fact that hoping altcoins recovering to their all time highs, in both BTC or USDT pairs is unrealistic, so my advice is selling when they move upwards around 30 percent, and wait dips to buy them back. Repeats that trading strategies for several rounds, then some months later, investors who bought at all time highs can get their capital back. It's not easy, and it costs lots of time, but it will do help them.

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 09:29:29 AM

Are you sure that it is not even worse destruction for a market leader who should be bit more stable? That "little over 50% drop is f-ing 150 billion dollars gone from Bitcoin marketcap. That's billion with the B. There was lot of real hard-earned money in there. Most of Obyte holders are those who got the bytes for free, no institutional investors here.
naska21

Activity: 1540
Merit: 627

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 02:59:23 PM

Should be started from scratch.

Same code, but with at least one person understanding marketing. Restart as a stable coin pegged to eur / us / Y or something.

Coca Cola just puts regular water into plastic bottles and the enduser price is x10. If you don't how to turn your product into something
valuable: ask a professional.

Agree, seems right now  Obyte is out of touch with the ppl needs . Formally, the Obyte foundation has been created, but the results of its activities are not yet visible and marketing, if any, is doing turtle steps.

whole nazca signature space owned by naska21 for rent, feel free to PM me
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 10:35:36 AM

Are you sure that it is not even worse destruction for a market leader who should be bit more stable? That "little over 50% drop is f-ing 150 billion dollars gone from Bitcoin marketcap. That's billion with the B. There was lot of real hard-earned money in there. Most of Obyte holders are those who got the bytes for free, no institutional investors here.
marketcap has little to do with money in orders
150 billion dollars dump could be caused with 500 millions total sell for example. Usually this rate will be very low fir coins from #3 and lower. Like you need $100k sell to dump obyte below $1m cap
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 11:13:31 AM

A much long time did not follow byteball,now changed to Obyte.
What's the most important updates for users to get?
As a Delegates DAG coin,create a fully new vision for adoption,but seems the marketcap is not satisfactory.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 12:55:46 PM

As a Delegates DAG coin,create a fully new vision for adoption,but seems the marketcap is not satisfactory.

and more importantly, are there any users left ?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 06:06:02 AM

http://press.obyte.org/timeline
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 06:16:24 AM

marketcap has little to do with money in orders
150 billion dollars dump could be caused with 500 millions total sell for example. Usually this rate will be very low fir coins from #3 and lower. Like you need $100k sell to dump obyte below $1m cap

it's a not a temporary price swing, there were many people who traded billions of dollars worth of Bitcoin when it was near 20k and now 150 billion of dollars worth of value has gone from their portfolio. You can loose more money with market leader drops 50% then when altcoin drops 95%. All depends on individual investor portfolio, but even if you held the total supply of GBYTE, you would have lost only 1/150 of what Bitcoin lost in value combined.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 06:33:09 AM

Should be started from scratch.

Same code, but with at least one person understanding marketing. Restart as a stable coin pegged to eur / us / Y or something.

Coca Cola just puts regular water into plastic bottles and the enduser price is x10. If you don't how to turn your product into something
valuable: ask a professional.

Agree, seems right now  Obyte is out of touch with the ppl needs . Formally, the Obyte foundation has been created, but the results of its activities are not yet visible and marketing, if any, is doing turtle steps.

If people need is fiat-backed stablecoin then I think these people have missunderstood one of the main points of any cryptocurrencies.
None of the fiat-backed cryptocurrencies are decentralized, you basically trust some company that they will give you back the fiat currency of your bags worth. There are many coins like that, basically every exchange creates one now, go load up your bags.

Anybody can make stablecoin collateralized with bytes on Obyte, make a grant proposal if you have a team to build it, autonomous agents will enable you to make them decentralized way, but native token pegged to USD just doesn't make sense.
fuk

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 02:10:09 PM

Anybody can make stablecoin collateralized with bytes on Obyte
bytes is illiquid asset. You can't use it as collateral, because if you need to liquidate it, you will crash the market and cause liquidation of the rest collateral. Your stable currency will crash like a house of cards
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 06:17:47 PM

Anybody can make stablecoin collateralized with bytes on Obyte
bytes is illiquid asset. You can't use it as collateral, because if you need to liquidate it, you will crash the market and cause liquidation of the rest collateral. Your stable currency will crash like a house of cards

That's same nonsense as saying that can't trade GBYTE because there is no liquidity. If you don't put your bytes to order book and just talk that there is no liquidity, of course, then there is no liquidity. Less complaining and more doing.

I haven't yet had problems buying/selling GBYTE, I just put the order up near market price and within 12 it usually gets filled. If somebody decided to crash the price meanwhile, I adjust the price to market price and it gets filled in next 12 hours. So far, never taken more that 24 hours, price volatile enough to fill any order near market price.

Same with bytes as stablecoin collateral, can't sell the collateral if nobody makes a stablecoin that requires bytes for collateral.
fuk

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:31:23 PM

Same with bytes as stablecoin collateral, can't sell the collateral if nobody makes a stablecoin that requires bytes for collateral.
course who builds a house on a crappy foundation
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 04:20:29 AM

Those who don't listen to whiners FUD, but actually build something because they can see the potential and they have learnt how Obyte really works.
Already 6 rounds of developer contest done with new features on TESTNET, 1 more to go, but you still spreading pathetic FUD.
https://medium.com/obyte/sixth-round-of-obyte-autonomous-agents-developer-contest-6aa89bedd712
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 08:22:21 AM

Those who don't listen to whiners FUD, but actually build something because they can see the potential and they have learnt how Obyte really works.
Already 6 rounds of developer contest done with new features on TESTNET, 1 more to go, but you still spreading pathetic FUD.
https://medium.com/obyte/sixth-round-of-obyte-autonomous-agents-developer-contest-6aa89bedd712
nobody builds a stable coin there
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 08:25:34 PM

Maybe the cryptospace doesn't need any more stablecoins, many exchanges already have multiple. Especially, no need for more stablecoins, where you need to trust someone (Tether, Libra) or which require lot of collateral (Maker DAI).
There has been much more interesting ideas on developers contest than yet another stablecoin.
DMDCreeper

Activity: 419
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 08:54:16 AM

Maybe the cryptospace doesn't need any more stablecoins, many exchanges already have multiple. Especially, no need for more stablecoins, where you need to trust someone (Tether, Libra) or which require lot of collateral (Maker DAI).
There has been much more interesting ideas on developers contest than yet another stablecoin.

i wouldn't be so critical of Tether and Libra. Right now USDT is the only fuel of stagnating crypto markets. And Libra is the only potential fuel for the future bull market.
JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 11:50:29 AM

oef never read about this coin but still so many pages on this forum Cheesy haha

Pages: « 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 »
  Print  

Jump to: