Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:38:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234010 times)
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2021, 03:10:46 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2021, 03:23:37 PM by tonych

We have launched Counterstake - a truly decentralized cross-chain bridge that connects Obyte, Ethereum, and Binance Smart Chain.

Now you can transfer ETH, USDC, and many other tokens to Obyte and trade them on Obyte against GBYTE and stablecoins (with very low fees). Transfer GBYTE and stablecoins to Ethereum and trade them there.

Using the bridge, we hope to improve liquidity of GBYTE and bonded stablecoins and have much more opportunities for traders. In particular, it is an easy and frictionless way to enter and exit the ecosystem, an alternative to centralized exchanges.

The bridge is absolutely decentralized, unlike many other popular bridges. It is also one of the most universal: supports many tokens and can be easily extended to support many more chains.

The liquidity mining program will reward for providing liquidity in tokens imported from Ethereum. The following trading pairs will have 300% weights:

GBYTE-USDC
    GBYTE-WBTC
    GBYTE-ETH
    OUSDV2-USDC
    OBITV2-WBTC
    OETHV2-ETH

Learn more and experience the new bridge:

The website: https://counterstake.org/

Blog post: https://blog.obyte.org/counterstake-a-truly-decentralized-cross-chain-bridge-2d4a575b3f4a

Simplicity is beauty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 01, 2021, 07:56:39 PM

I would be interested to know if it is known that Bosch is still a witness of Obyte and if Bosch is still holding on to Obyte?
Obyte seems to really maneuvered itself from a real hope a bit into the sidelines. I really hope that the project still get the courses, because technologically Obyte is one of the top projects in the distributed ledger space.
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2021, 09:38:00 PM

I would be interested to know if it is known that Bosch is still a witness of Obyte and if Bosch is still holding on to Obyte?
Obyte seems to really maneuvered itself from a real hope a bit into the sidelines. I really hope that the project still get the courses, because technologically Obyte is one of the top projects in the distributed ledger space.

You can see who ise currently Order Providers there https://stats.obyte.org/witnesses.php and when you click on the addresses, you can see when they recently posted. If you don't have a GUI wallet installed, you can see which Order Providers the main hub is recommending from there https://obyte.io/witnesses

What do you mean by "maneuvered itself from a real hope a bit into the sidelines"? Just post above, there is announcement of bridges with Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain.
Obyte has given all the tools for it to be used in as many as projects as possible, if anybody has manuvered it to sidelines, it's the hodlers of its tokens.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2021, 11:05:12 AM

To bootstrap liquidity in imported tokens, the following pairs have been added to liquidity mining with 300% weights:
    GBYTE-USDC
    GBYTE-WBTC
    GBYTE-ETH
    OUSDV2-USDC
    OBITV2-WBTC
    OETHV2-ETH

The liquidity mining rewards are very high at the moment: over 6% weekly.

https://liquidity.obyte.org/

Simplicity is beauty
altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
July 18, 2021, 07:16:15 PM

Obyte explained in 3 minutes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNamlJdRweE

How Obyte solves the issues facing Blockchain and DeFi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvNx0tfaLiQ
Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 08:47:20 AM

Obyte explained in 3 minutes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNamlJdRweE

How Obyte solves the issues facing Blockchain and DeFi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvNx0tfaLiQ

Great videos! Hope they help some new people discover Obyte.

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
altcoinb

View Profile
July 31, 2021, 05:53:56 PM

What is self sovereign identity?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJDsH6q5vIg
wudackprod

Activity: 1316
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 09:53:21 AM

💠Obyte Content Campaign: Counterstake💠

🧑‍💻Do you have experience in content creation and have your own social channel? Take part in the content campaign from Obyte.org 🚀
Create a video/article/post about CounterStake and publish it on your own channel

Rewards💰
1st place: 5 Gbytes
2nd-5th places: 2 Gbytes👤

Time 📆: 09.08.2021 - 31.08.2021

➡️ Details and rules ⬅️

Haven't used Counterstake yet?

Check here ➡️ https://counterstake.org/
User Guide ➡️ https://counterstake.org/user-guide
icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 7826

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2021, 06:21:22 PM

I don't understand what's the matter ... I wanted to quote the last post in this thread, but my attempts were unsuccessful, the same applies to any other message in this thread.

Wudackprod, if you have launched a content campaign with Obyte, then for more coverage you should probably create a thread in this section.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2021, 09:46:51 AM

I don't understand what's the matter ...
Do you have the Altcoins board on Ignore?

Wudackprod, if you have launched a content campaign with Obyte, then for more coverage you should probably create a thread in this section.
The Services board is only for services related to or paying in Bitcoin.

icopress
Legendary

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2021, 06:43:24 PM

[...]
Thank you, problem solved! [I completely forgot about this feature]. On account of the second point, you are also right, but this is not so important ... the essence of the proposal was to create a separate thread, since the mentioned message will easily get lost in the pages of the thread, [Marketplace (Altcoins) also visited section].

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
altcoinb

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 06:30:20 AM

What are Autonomous Agents? 🤖
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKCK9RWhBZ4
icopress
Legendary

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2021, 06:46:07 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2021, 02:23:37 PM by icopress

I will answer with clippings of text ... "Autonomous Agents are programs that run on the DAG and AAs are written in Oscript, (Oscript avoids some unsafe programming patterns common). AAs are most useful for creating decentralized finance (DeFi) apps where complete certainty about their performance is of utmost importance (tradable shares in prediction markets, futures contracts, algorithmic stable coins, synthetic assets, other derivatives, collateralized lending, margin trading)." As a matter of fact, here is the source ... so by clicking on the link you can more clearly familiarize yourself with the details.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2499

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 12:42:17 PM

Whenever I want to open my wallet the following error message appears, is there already a solution for this?

I use Wallet 3.3.2 and a new installation are no success.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BillionaireWannaBe

Activity: 59
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 01:58:34 PM

Is this smart contract capable like ethereum

How does it compare to
Avax, solana, dot, syscoin etc?
Where are the chat protocols discord and telegram, the ones that I tried were dead.

icopress
Legendary

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2021, 02:37:33 PM

Whenever I want to open my wallet the following error message appears, is there already a solution for this?
[...] I use Wallet 3.3.2 and a new installation are no success.
Are you using Windows, Mac OS or Linux?

Unlike Ethereum smart contracts, Obyte smart contracts are available to both developers and users. In addition, each transaction in the ETH smart contract costs gas ... "if a developer added a function that needs to go through the growing list of user addresses, the cost of executing that function will also go up as the list gets longer, and ETH throughput is limited with block size, so when there are more users, the fees go up too". This is just a small part of what to chat about, so if you visit this page and spend a few minutes you will find out more, including Features built-into Obyte, Cost predictability and differences in programming languages.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2499

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 02:46:36 PM

Hello i use the Win64 Wallet at Windows 10, the problem i have since a week.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BillionaireWannaBe

Activity: 59
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 03:44:44 PM

Unlike Ethereum smart contracts, Obyte smart contracts are available to both developers and users. In addition, each transaction in the ETH smart contract costs gas ... "if a developer added a function that needs to go through the growing list of user addresses, the cost of executing that function will also go up as the list gets longer, and ETH throughput is limited with block size, so when there are more users, the fees go up too". This is just a small part of what to chat about, so if you visit this page and spend a few minutes you will find out more, including Features built-into Obyte, Cost predictability and differences in programming languages.

Thanks for that link. I've read it now.
I'm not really a techno wizz if I'm honest. So even after reading those advantages listed in that article from 2019 I would still love to hear from any person capable of analysing these designs and usecases.

So just a couple of quick questions and a suggestion for you guys.

Why not create a comparison chart comparing 0byte with popular smart contract platforms.

Solana, avax, eth, polygon etc.

Then the less techno able investors will see if this is a credible rival.

I see that syscoin is saying their smart contracts will be more " powerful " than that's eth's.
What does more powerful mean? Are there levels of smart contracts?

Can the same sort of apps that run on eth or avax or sol run on 0byte?
I mean I know they are written in a different language not solidity.

Why is this project such low market cap?

Also the name 0byte? Why would anyone rebrand from byteball to 0byte?
This is not a catchy name at all.

Any plans to call it something better?

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2021, 04:10:31 PM

I use Wallet 3.3.2 and a new installation are no success.

There will be new GUI wallet released this week, which will fix this. It affects only full nodes, light wallets should be fine.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2021, 05:48:39 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2021, 10:47:52 PM by tarmo888

Thanks for that link. I've read it now.
I'm not really a techno wizz if I'm honest. So even after reading those advantages listed in that article from 2019 I would still love to hear from any person capable of analysing these designs and usecases.
Ignore that, it's old article written by me and published on Hackernoon by another author (basically sponsored content). It compares advanced Ethereum smart-contracts with basic Obyte smart-contracts (conditional payments), which have similar functionality to Bitcoin smart-contracts (basic scripting languages it has but not many know).
https://medium.com/blockstream/miniscript-bitcoin-scripting-3aeff3853620

In 2020 February, Obyte released Autonomous Agents, which are more equivalent to advanced Ethereum smart-contracts. Why it's called Autonomous Agents and not smart-contracts? Because Obyte already had smart-contracts and unpopular opinion, but smart-contracts is a shitty name for a sub-programs that can be deployed on-chain, actual smart-contracts are more like conditional payments that the basic scripting enables to do. Matter of fact, Ethereum whitepaper called their smart-contracts as Autonomous Agents too, but Ethereans decided to go with Smart-Contract. Hyperledger Fabric calls it Chaincode.
https://ethereum.org/en/whitepaper/#ethereum-accounts
https://obyte.org/platform/autonomous-agents

So just a couple of quick questions and a suggestion for you guys.

Why not create a comparison chart comparing 0byte with popular smart contract platforms.

Solana, avax, eth, polygon etc.
What would you like to see on them? I have made some comparison charts for myself, but more about different cryptocurrencies, not about smart-contracts. Most of the charts I have seen are not very accurate, especially when TPS is compared, because everybody calculates the TPS differently.

* Solana - it's main thing is about keeping the block producers time in sync very accurately, so they know when it's exactly each block producer's turn to produce blocks. Kind of nonsense IMHO, they could just have made the blocks bigger instead of making blocks so often. Reminds me of EOS, probably nobody will be able to run it soon. Not sure about their smart-contracts, probably clone of EVM.
* Avalanche AVAX - it's basically DAG of blocks with Proof of Stake, but Obyte is DAG of storage units (these are like transactions, but they can contain many different kind of messages from accounts controlled by same extended private key, eg same user). Avalanche is probably better than other blockchains, but doesn't get rid of block producers who are the middlemen/gatekeepers, but Obyte does - Obyte is ledger without middlemen. Avalanche also has multiple chains and on one of them, the tokens are natively supported (just like Obyte), but some other chain for DeFi is clone of EVM, i think. In general, odd hybrid.
* Polygon - clone of EVM, basically all same as Ethereum, but not decentralized at all. Great for low fees, wrapped GBYTE is on their Quickswap too https://quickswap.exchange/#/swap?outputCurrency=0xab5f7a0e20b0d056aed4aa4528c78da45be7308b
* Binance Smart Chain - clone of EVM, basically all same as Ethereum, but not decentralized at all. Great for low fees, wrapped GBYTE is on their Pancakeswap too https://pancakeswap.finance/swap?outputCurrency=0xeb34de0c4b2955ce0ff1526cdf735c9e6d249d09
* Nano - is basically a school project that turned into actual cryptocurrency. Its scope is very small, it can just do send/receive payments and they secure the network with dPoS, but it's actually not Proof of Stake at all because you actually don't stake any of your funds at all (there is no slashing for wrong doing). Originally, delegates had to vote on conflicting blocks (basically transactions, because each block contains 1 transaction), later they changed it to voting on all blocks. Since there is no fees, it also means that it's also free to spam it. Fun!
* IOTA - mother of all clusterfu*ks - i wouldn't touch it with ten-foot pole. They basically have stepped into all buckets/rakes that there are. First they started with stateless wallet that couldn't generate it's own keys, you had to generate them with online tools that stole your keys (one guy was charged this year). Then they let MIT review their code and argued that their open-source code (coordinator is closed-source) didn't have vulnerability in ternary hashing functions, but it was copy-protection instead. Then they stole user funds because they found out that you could spend any funds that was sent to address that was already used before, later they let users claim the funds back, not all did (probably because KYC). Last, but not least, they hot-linked Moonpay payment-processor library, which got hacked, so they needed to close down the payments for whole month (data still worked). Their fans are pretty good at migrating private keys because I don't know how many times they have done it already + each time they hand over their KYC info too. 
* Cardano - endless promises that took 3 years to develop and still failed with the most basic DeFi use case on their testnet. While Ethereum and it's clones are using account-model (balances are in state), Bitcon, Obyte and Cardano uses UTXO model. Obyte implemented Autonomous Agents so it can use any available UTXO, while Cardano forgot the possibility that somebody could add a transaction to a block that tries to spend the same UTXO - result is that only the first TX in a block spending the same UTXO will go through.

Obyte developed support for advanced smart-contracts in 11 months and has improved them a lot in past year. Next week, 3rd version of Autonomous Agents will activate.

Then the less techno able investors will see if this is a credible rival.

I see that syscoin is saying their smart contracts will be more " powerful " than that's eth's.
What does more powerful mean? Are there levels of smart contracts?
It can mean anything, Obyte Autonomous Agents can be called more powerful than Ethereum Smart-contracts too because it has features that Ethereum doesn't, mainly because Ethereum has nothing built-in, just sandbox with sand in it and you can choose to build whatever you want from scratch. Other platforms, including Obyte, have noticed that pretty much every smart-contract will use tokens, so why not support tokens natively and not let users build them as yet another smart-contract.

Can the same sort of apps that run on eth or avax or sol run on 0byte?
I mean I know they are written in a different language not solidity.
Yes, same kind of dapps can be deployed on different platforms, but if it's not EVM based then they probably need to be rewritten. Also, Oscript (the language for Autonomous Agents) is a mix of declarative structures and imperative programming language, but Solidity is mostly just imperative programming language.

Why is this project such low market cap?
I personally think it's because 65% was given to Bitcoin holders for free, who has been dumping since the airdrop ended, so there hasn't not been any strong floor, but for last couple years, the floor seems to be around 20-30 USD, which seems so low that even those who have GBYTE, don't think it's worth to dump anymore. coins in circulation * price = marketcap.

Also the name 0byte? Why would anyone rebrand from byteball to 0byte?
This is not a catchy name at all.

Any plans to call it something better?
It's not 0byte, it's Obyte. Some didn't like Byteball, some don't like Obyte. There will be no better name because there will always be somebody who doesn't like it. And it's pain in the ass to change the name, so I doubt we will go through that nonsense again.
Pages: « 1 ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: