Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:15:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662443 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:18:50 PM

Anyone here mining on Windows 7 x64 with an AMD card?
 I keep trying to run sgminer but it don't work
don't know how to fix it

I had the same problem and contacted the miner's dev on Slack he gave me a binary that works on Windows 7, here's the link:

https://github.com/djm34/sgminer-msvc2015/releases/download/v0.1-pre/sgminer-msvc2015.rar

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Prima Primat

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:00:52 PM

Monero is about to go to Korea's largest exchange  bithumb,proving that anonymous currencies can also be traded on large exchanges in Korea or Japan,Development team marketing is not very good

Indeed they can. But it's primarily about volume.
Yes, and for having volume, you have to implement the MTP technology.
All the market is waiting since months and months to make XZC bigger and bigger in volume and price.

When MTP will be implemented to XZC ?

I feel like people are completely missing the point of Zcoin when they say things like you just did, basically: "MTP is all that matters for Zcoin"
That's completely untrue. I get that it has been marketed heavily as 'revolutionizing mining' etc, and sure, if it can fulfill its promises of putting CPUs and GPUs on comparable if not equal footing and being scalable to 4 GiB or even 8 GiB of memory usage, then it will certainly be an important next-gen PoW algo. But it will still be just that: a PoW algo.

So here's what you all seem to be missing: Zcoin is a privacy coin based on original technology and working 100% anonymous payments.

And it's better than all its competitors in at least one aspect each:
It's better than Zcash in the sense that it has more reliable, auditable supply (and no Zooko tweeting about/alluding to backdoors).
It's better than Monero and Dash in the sense that it has much larger anonymity sets, meaning that once you've minted your zerocoin, there's mathematically no way of tracing anything (which is still theoretically possible in Monero, albeit very hard).

And it has a roadmap that shows all the promising things they're still working on, including eventually trustlessness.

That alone – the privacy tech – should put it at a market cap comparable to Monero and Dash, at least once enough people have heard about it (especially in the West, since Zcoin is much more popular in southeast Asia).

Not MTP.
algunnombre

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:43:58 PM

I've had my wallet open all the time for over a week, just closed to update to the latest version v0.8.7.9-unk and since then all the time opened. Why is it 3 days behind and not synchronizing I only have betwwen 3 and 5 connections.

How can I make so that it connects to more sources.

I have a transaction made to me but i cant see it since it is not synchronizing.

Cheers
mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:02:23 AM

Monero is about to go to Korea's largest exchange  bithumb,proving that anonymous currencies can also be traded on large exchanges in Korea or Japan,Development team marketing is not very good

Indeed they can. But it's primarily about volume.
Yes, and for having volume, you have to implement the MTP technology.
All the market is waiting since months and months to make XZC bigger and bigger in volume and price.

When MTP will be implemented to XZC ?

I feel like people are completely missing the point of Zcoin when they say things like you just did, basically: "MTP is all that matters for Zcoin"
That's completely untrue. I get that it has been marketed heavily as 'revolutionizing mining' etc, and sure, if it can fulfill its promises of putting CPUs and GPUs on comparable if not equal footing and being scalable to 4 GiB or even 8 GiB of memory usage, then it will certainly be an important next-gen PoW algo. But it will still be just that: a PoW algo.

So here's what you all seem to be missing: Zcoin is a privacy coin based on original technology and working 100% anonymous payments.

And it's better than all its competitors in at least one aspect each:
It's better than Zcash in the sense that it has more reliable, auditable supply (and no Zooko tweeting about/alluding to backdoors).
It's better than Monero and Dash in the sense that it has much larger anonymity sets, meaning that once you've minted your zerocoin, there's mathematically no way of tracing anything (which is still theoretically possible in Monero, albeit very hard).

And it has a roadmap that shows all the promising things they're still working on, including eventually trustlessness.

That alone – the privacy tech – should put it at a market cap comparable to Monero and Dash, at least once enough people have heard about it (especially in the West, since Zcoin is much more popular in southeast Asia).

Not MTP.

Hey Prima Primat, well explained. Why did you say "not MTP"? Is there anything bad about it in your opinion?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 12:32:42 AM

That's completely untrue. I get that it has been marketed heavily as 'revolutionizing mining' etc, and sure, if it can fulfill its promises of putting CPUs and GPUs on comparable if not equal footing

I'll repeat myself: MTP heavily favors GPU. (Not that it's a problem, I think a PoW should favor GPU to avoid botnets mining.)
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 985
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 02:33:38 AM

That's completely untrue. I get that it has been marketed heavily as 'revolutionizing mining' etc, and sure, if it can fulfill its promises of putting CPUs and GPUs on comparable if not equal footing

I'll repeat myself: MTP heavily favors GPU. (Not that it's a problem, I think a PoW should favor GPU to avoid botnets mining.)

That depends on the parameters no?

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:47:12 AM

XZC is going down to like 0.0019 at least, sell now and re-buy later

yolo
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 02:54:12 AM

That depends on the parameters no?

Sure, but you would need very unusual parameters to favor CPUs. For example if Argon2 memory was 8-16 MB instead of 2 GB, it would fit in the CPU L2 cache and likely run better than on GPU.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:50:39 AM

Any reason for this dump?

Thanks!
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:32:07 AM

I hope big investors and dev are smart, CPU algos are BAD, even monero is having discussion to move to more GPU favored algo as its abused by botnets!?

Be smart make argon2 parametar a LOT faster on GPU, no ones like botnets!

GPU miners also invest sometimes, botnets ONLY dump, in past you see them being not happy due 80% was mined bu CPU, now be smart and not let your personal stupidity make this coin less worth then it should be with MPH update

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 01:42:07 PM

Thanks!

Stop crying please!

You trust = keep

You do not trust and are impatient = sell

The team is doing innovation every day. This is not a code copy like a lot of currency crypto. Zcoin works with researchers and implements something unique and the best technology of anonymity.

Instead of complaining, be happy to be able to buy it at this price. This is a chance for us.

Many have not had that chance with Zcash!

A big thank you to the team of Zcoin, not having released, at launch, a product already finished! Otherwise we should have bought it for $ 200!

So think a little before you complain and buy everything you can, after it will be too late, I tell you!

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:54:09 PM

Thanks!

Stop crying please!

You trust = keep

The team is doing innovation every day. This is not a code copy like a lot of currency crypto. Zcoin works with researchers and implements something unique and the best technology of anonymity.

Instead of complaining, be happy to be able to buy it at this price. This is a chance for us.

A big thank you to the team of Zcoin, not having released, at launch, a product already finished! Otherwise we should have bought it for $ 200!

So think a little before you complain and buy everything you can, after it will be too late, I tell you!

Chill dude. Nobody complains or will sell. ;-)
Just trying to understand better what is happening here and the point of views around this currency. I believe this is what a forum is made for, right ?

I was just asking why @forzendiablo thinks it will go to 0.0019. (maybe worth reinforcing at this price)
Maybe he has an argumented answer, and I'd be interested in hearing it.
finist4x
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:35:11 PM

Friends! Support your XZC ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1948108.msg21058883#msg21058883

Audit Smart Contract
{
 F    R    E    E

- AI - Audit tools
}
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -

#  DEVto
#  Tumblr
#  Medium

--
--
--
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
--

rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:54:17 PM

Done since 1 month 😉

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:20:28 AM

Thanks!

Stop crying please!

You trust = keep

Chill dude. Nobody complains or will sell. ;-)
Just trying to understand better what is happening here and the point of views around this currency. I believe this is what a forum is made for, right ?

I was just asking why @forzendiablo thinks it will go to 0.0019. (maybe worth reinforcing at this price)
Maybe he has an argumented answer, and I'd be interested in hearing it.

What is happening here! I have not heard of any recent activity of Zero platform! All the coin  that was launched at the same as xzc are building wonderful tech in tgeir various ecosysten! Please we need sn update

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 985
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 07:27:58 AM

Some development updates:

Poramin has just pushed in our private repo the fixes needed to implement the Zerocoin improvements and fixes.
Tim Ruffing has pushed the the fixes on libzerocoin as well.
Tim is now looking through Poramin's code to ensure it works as intended and Aizensou and SN are working to integrate the Zerocoin improvements into the new core upgrade 0.13.

There will be an academic paper published as well to detail these fixes so that other Zerocoin implementations (if there are any other original implementations) can fix them independently and contribute to Zerocoin research.

Our new Zerocoin code will be open sourced in due time but may not be done immediately.

We are still weighing our options here as a lot of hard work and resources was put into this and all these fixes are backend which are not quite visible to the user but are important to improving the Zerocoin protocol and its security.

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:35:38 PM

Poramin has just pushed in our private repo the fixes needed to implement the Zerocoin improvements and fixes.
Tim is now looking through Poramin's code to ensure it works as intended and Aizensou and SN are working to integrate the Zerocoin improvements into the new core upgrade 0.13.

There will be an academic paper published as well to detail these fixes so that other Zerocoin implementations (if there are any other original implementations) can fix them independently and contribute to Zerocoin research.

Our new Zerocoin code will be open sourced in due time but may not be done immediately.

We are still weighing our options here as a lot of hard work and resources was put into this and all these fixes are backend which are not quite visible to the user but are important to improving the Zerocoin protocol and its security.
Thanks for good work. But i have missed a lot since April and have question. As i know, here were some rumors about Z-nodes. Any news?
mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:25:33 PM

As for open sourcing it, what is the time frame we are discussing here? Is it possible that you keep it secret for several more months? In the end, you have to open source it anyway. You can't run an anonymous crypto on a large scale. Why would anyone trust this if there are enough open source alternatives?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
gsxrboy

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:13:11 PM

No Open Source ?

Can you expand on this , it's too serious to be mentioned lightly
janoc

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:05:12 PM

how many Zcoins do I recieve when I closed a Block ?
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: