Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662442 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:06:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4zOvMMqnBM_DLrtA4_XwGA/videos

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwertysadsad

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:24:53 PM

Russian community
https://vk.com/z_coin

we will be glad to everyone, subscribe  Smiley Cool
smoky

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:30:45 PM

good luck  Grin Cool
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 03:49:58 PM

does anyone here knows how to fix the .dll missing error from amd gpu miner by djm34 (https://github.com/djm34/sgminer-msvc2015) ??

thanks in advance !!

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
legendsneednotags

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:04:58 AM

Can someone please elaborate what this might mean in detail?

" Full TOR support on Zcoin with the new Bitcoin Core with also ability to restrict to exclusive use of TOR nodes ". Would that mean access to users in TOR blocked countries can still use TOR via the ZCoin wallet to transact with ZCoins?

If not what is  the significance?
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 985
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 01:54:47 AM

Can someone please elaborate what this might mean in detail?

" Full TOR support on Zcoin with the new Bitcoin Core with also ability to restrict to exclusive use of TOR nodes ". Would that mean access to users in TOR blocked countries can still use TOR via the ZCoin wallet to transact with ZCoins?

If not what is  the significance?

What this means is if you only want to communicate to nodes and peers on TOR, then you can specify this.

Users in TOR blocked countries probably wouldn't want to use this or they can do this through TOR with obfs4 bridge.

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 985
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 07:23:52 AM

Dev Update 5 Sept 2017: Core Upgrade, Zerocoin improvements, GUI and Znodes

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
Jazek

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:09:11 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 04:23:23 PM by Jazek

so when is going to happen the hard fork?, I just want to transfer my zcoins to my personal wallet before

and why miningpoolhub always shows less hashrate than i have?

2x GTX 970, miner shows 2042 kH/s, pool shows 1491kH/s
Ryzen 1600X, miner shows 450kH/s, pool shows 224kH/s
i5 7300HQ, miner shows 349kH/s, pool shows 93kH/s
GTX 1050, miner shows 495kH/s, pool shows 194kH/s

why?
hanskan

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:20:56 AM

so when is going to happen the hard fork?, I just want to transfer my zcoins to my personal wallet before

why?

suprnova reporting pretty accurately 1070 ~1300kH/s 1080ti ~2500kH/s

with these stats not really worth mining at the moment. I believe in this project but bills need to be paid Smiley
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:18:42 PM

I'm writing this in my personal capacity not as community manager and my experience as a lawyer and this is to answer the accusation that founders are just swimming in their founder's reward. This is not based on any inside info but my own deductions. For marketing, although i'm not privy to how they spend it, you can see the ads that are popping up on Zcoin so there's some marketing ad spend going on there.

But let's get into the nitty gritty which I think a lot of people are not thinking clearly about.

First of all, Roger Ver's investment is real. It has been disclosed EXPLICITLY in bitcoin.com publications (which Roger owns), confirmed by other independent members approaching him directly, regularly posts on his MemoryDealers account in Reddit in Zcoin and created a sub-forum for it in Bitcoin forums. He still remains invested.
https://news.bitcoin.com/zero-knowledge-zcoin-launching-soon/ (see the disclaimer)
https://www.reddit.com/r/ZCoinProject/

First of all there were definitely certain agreements in place when obtaining investor funding for Zcoin (or as it was then named Moneta). This is what made the project possible in the first place.

It is common for these investors to choose to remain anonymous. Only Roger has stepped forward to confirm he is an investor but I don't think you can blame the founders for not disclosing the others especially since the investors are the one who funded Zcoin and their wishes should be respected. Note that backing a privacy coin can be controversial and not everyone may want to come forward. With Zcash, which is a much more high profile investment with serious marketing dollar, there's bound to be more investors who are willing to be public.

Now to the next point, I think it's naive to think that these investors didn't have certain stakes in the growth and reward of the coin. They need a return on their investment. With no premine, there's the founder's reward. The most logical thing is to assume that some investors are entitled to certain payouts. The whole project started when it was Moneta in 2015 and much time has passed and only about one month back was it launched. Now that a milestone has been achieved (coin launch and listing), some investors may want to recoup part of their investment back while others decide to hold. Where would this payout come from? It may be, to be paid in XZC or it may be 'interest' on their investment or a share of the founder's reward. If you watch Shark Tank, you'll know what I'm talking about. This also makes sense on a contractual standpoint.

Gary and Poramin both mentioned NDAs which are also common and they may not be able to disclose the identity, the size of the investment and their entitlements from their investment. Now they are asked to explain the wallets being drained, but bound by the NDA, now you can imagine the situation they are in. In frustration, Gary said well when Zcash is transparent about their expenditure, they will be too which was received negatively but the fact is a much larger project like Zcash that's involving a lot more money is not subject to scrutiny because big names are involved while with Zcoin, the only known big name is Roger. Again, Zcoin's funding is i think many many many many times smaller than Zcash's and yet I think it is impressive they managed to get out a WORKING implementation of Zerocoin and minting.

Bounties are also being paid for website design, coding work, community management, recruitment activities, marketing and also with important partners to increase adoption.

If you follow their slack you know that Poramin is full time working hard to implement MTP and improve Zcoin and I'm in almost daily contact with Gary and Poramin.

WARNING: BolehVPN is at best a scam and at worst a honey pot.

Exhibit A is the post above, where Boleh's lawyer kisses Roger Ver's ass until his lips are chapped.  Embracing a bad actor like Bitcoin Judas is a red flag.

Exhibit B is BolehVPN's embrace of the instamined scamcoin known as Dash (alias Darkcoin, Xcoin) despite its fake privacy theater and rejection of Monero's military or better grade crypto.

Exhibit C is BolehVPN's lawyer wittering on about obvious scams like Zcoin and Zcash, as if one of those scams is better than the other.

AirVPN.org and Cryptostorm.is are both world class options if you want a real VPN that is not associated with scumbags like BolehVPN, Dash, Roger Ver, Zcoin, and Zcash.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Jazek

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:33:51 PM

why?

with these stats not really worth mining at the moment. I believe in this project but bills need to be paid Smiley

what are u mining now? i was looking at signatum but its not profitable anymore and zcash consumes a lot.
bolehvpn

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:59:02 PM

I'm writing this in my personal capacity not as community manager and my experience as a lawyer and this is to answer the accusation that founders are just swimming in their founder's reward. This is not based on any inside info but my own deductions. For marketing, although i'm not privy to how they spend it, you can see the ads that are popping up on Zcoin so there's some marketing ad spend going on there.

But let's get into the nitty gritty which I think a lot of people are not thinking clearly about.

First of all, Roger Ver's investment is real. It has been disclosed EXPLICITLY in bitcoin.com publications (which Roger owns), confirmed by other independent members approaching him directly, regularly posts on his MemoryDealers account in Reddit in Zcoin and created a sub-forum for it in Bitcoin forums. He still remains invested.
https://news.bitcoin.com/zero-knowledge-zcoin-launching-soon/ (see the disclaimer)
https://www.reddit.com/r/ZCoinProject/

First of all there were definitely certain agreements in place when obtaining investor funding for Zcoin (or as it was then named Moneta). This is what made the project possible in the first place.

It is common for these investors to choose to remain anonymous. Only Roger has stepped forward to confirm he is an investor but I don't think you can blame the founders for not disclosing the others especially since the investors are the one who funded Zcoin and their wishes should be respected. Note that backing a privacy coin can be controversial and not everyone may want to come forward. With Zcash, which is a much more high profile investment with serious marketing dollar, there's bound to be more investors who are willing to be public.

Now to the next point, I think it's naive to think that these investors didn't have certain stakes in the growth and reward of the coin. They need a return on their investment. With no premine, there's the founder's reward. The most logical thing is to assume that some investors are entitled to certain payouts. The whole project started when it was Moneta in 2015 and much time has passed and only about one month back was it launched. Now that a milestone has been achieved (coin launch and listing), some investors may want to recoup part of their investment back while others decide to hold. Where would this payout come from? It may be, to be paid in XZC or it may be 'interest' on their investment or a share of the founder's reward. If you watch Shark Tank, you'll know what I'm talking about. This also makes sense on a contractual standpoint.

Gary and Poramin both mentioned NDAs which are also common and they may not be able to disclose the identity, the size of the investment and their entitlements from their investment. Now they are asked to explain the wallets being drained, but bound by the NDA, now you can imagine the situation they are in. In frustration, Gary said well when Zcash is transparent about their expenditure, they will be too which was received negatively but the fact is a much larger project like Zcash that's involving a lot more money is not subject to scrutiny because big names are involved while with Zcoin, the only known big name is Roger. Again, Zcoin's funding is i think many many many many times smaller than Zcash's and yet I think it is impressive they managed to get out a WORKING implementation of Zerocoin and minting.

Bounties are also being paid for website design, coding work, community management, recruitment activities, marketing and also with important partners to increase adoption.

If you follow their slack you know that Poramin is full time working hard to implement MTP and improve Zcoin and I'm in almost daily contact with Gary and Poramin.

WARNING: BolehVPN is at best a scam and at worst a honey pot.

Exhibit A is the post above, where Boleh's lawyer kisses Roger Ver's ass until his lips are chapped.  Embracing a bad actor like Bitcoin Judas is a red flag.

Exhibit B is BolehVPN's embrace of the instamined scamcoin known as Dash (alias Darkcoin, Xcoin) despite its fake privacy theater and rejection of Monero's military or better grade crypto.

Exhibit C is BolehVPN's lawyer wittering on about obvious scams like Zcoin and Zcash, as if one of those scams is better than the other.

AirVPN.org and Cryptostorm.is are both world class options if you want a real VPN that is not associated with scumbags like BolehVPN, Dash, Roger Ver, Zcoin, and Zcash.

Nice personal attack that has no point and reviving an ancient post. You worked hard.

First of all, nice to finally see a Monero troll. Guess Zcoin got noticed. Secondly I have a strong respect of Monero tech and many of the people involved in it. In fact Bolehvpn accepts Monero too with a 10% discount for quite a long while now. The only reason I didn't want to initially was because of people like you that threatened boycotting my business for accepting Dash. I don't respond well to threats.

Speaking to the more reasonable and welcoming members of the Monero community including Needmoney90 made me reconsider and not apply a broad sweeping brush. Heck I even respect fluffypony. He's a smart guy.

The post was way back before Roger Ver was a controversial figure and people were questioning whether it was true he invested in us since it was seen as a plus.

Lets not go talk about scams when Monero had its fair share of issues including not providing privacy despite being the 'best privacy coin' for many years even when accepted on the darknet as confirmed by multiple researchers.

SOURCE:
https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/338  
https://arxiv.org/abs/1704.04299

And whether Dash is a scam or not... Well guess what Monero had its own questionable launch too. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1435385.0

Mistakes happen even with the best of efforts and is the nature of the tech. But don't go throwing stones and calling projects scams.

I still hold the Monero project in high regard. Just not the toxicity in segments of its fanbase.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
Prima Primat

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:40:52 PM

Funny how the trolls come out of their caves when they smell a competitor that actually offers better privacy Smiley
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:44:46 PM

Funny how the trolls come out of their caves when they smell a competitor that actually offers better privacy Smiley
Monero doesn't offer privacy though...
Prima Primat

Activity: 117

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:47:49 PM

Yeah that's what I was saying.
I mean it does offer some privacy (I think the problems in the papers above have been at least partially addressed) but Zcoin's anonymity set is just orders of magnitude larger.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:17:11 PM

Yeah that's what I was saying.
I mean it does offer some privacy (I think the problems in the papers above have been at least partially addressed) but Zcoin's anonymity set is just orders of magnitude larger.
Yeah, looks to me like Zcoin is the only one, as ZeroCash also stinks to high heaven...smh
hanskan

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:49:23 PM

why?

what are u mining now? i was looking at signatum but its not profitable anymore and zcash consumes a lot.

100% of my GPU-s are Nvidia so i stick to Zcash mostly, reputable a quite stable (well, compared to some others at least). One day a week i mine ZEN and i keep them, might change to Zcoin.
Sigt was very profitable in the beginning, made .8BTC in a week, not any more tho
Jazek

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:20:42 PM

why?

100% of my GPU-s are Nvidia so i stick to Zcash mostly, reputable a quite stable (well, compared to some others at least). One day a week i mine ZEN and i keep them, might change to Zcoin.
Sigt was very profitable in the beginning, made .8BTC in a week, not any more tho

Im mining Magnatum a sigt fork and i hope the price goes up like sigt did
AND01

Activity: 199

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:03:55 AM

Regulators have decided to shut down exchanges on virtual currencies in china,In the future Chinese territory not between the so-called virtual currency and currency trading platform,All exchanges between virtual currencies and cny, will be closed within a period of time      btc38 may not be able to trade in the future         development team should actively contact the Korea exchange such as bithumb, korbit, coinone
2andahalfBTC

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:08:37 AM

Regulators have decided to shut down exchanges on virtual currencies in china,In the future Chinese territory not between the so-called virtual currency and currency trading platform,All exchanges between virtual currencies and cny, will be closed within a period of time      btc38 may not be able to trade in the future         development team should actively contact the Korea exchange such as bithumb, korbit, coinone

Crazy what happen in china.

Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: