Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:25:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
AndreyE

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:33:24 AM

The requested URL  was not found on this server.

So how da fak I do claim?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:35:24 AM

The requested URL  was not found on this server.

So how da fak I do claim?

seems you have first to go to instawallet.org

then after you've done that paste the /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx part behind the adress and press enter, that's what the others claim they did.
AndreyE

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:37:22 AM

worked my bad
AndreyE

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:41:08 AM

How do I sign the crypto message etc with multibit?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:30:32 AM

As long as instawallet have private keys to the adress you sent bitcoins to, which they should have, then the bitcoins should be able to be reclaimed. However, it's startingly that these persons simply ignore and evade all legitimate questions. I'm probably ignored too, so please somebody random, quote this post as well!

I am not impressed by the way they do business. When you do business and things gets fucked up, you take responsibility and stand erect and explain to the customers what is going on, you don't ignore everyone that's not 'nice' to you. That's how a spoiled child behaves. If it was the other way around, that someone else ran the wallets, and the instawallet owners were holding 100 BTC there, I don't think they would've been too happy about it.

Anyway, my instawallet address still gives not found with the procedure you described, but it contains zero btc, so perhaps they zapped all such accounts.

I probably sent some or all of the BTC I had in Instawallet from an ancient bitcoind built from head in late 2011.  I shut the client down at that time and have been using Instawallet since.  I've still got it, but I have to figure out if it will sign messages and if so, how to do it.

I'm going to use the full 90 days to make a claim so that I have a personal reason to push things in the direction I believe is healthy for the Bitcoin ecosystem.  I've stated before and I'll state again that I'm not sufficiently satisfied until the large wallet holders receive ALL of their funds.  If this was not made technically possible by next Monday, or if 'glitches' pop up which I find not adequately explained, my intention is to take this thing to the next phase.

The next phase is to make certain that the legal authorities in France are appraised of a theft of value and loss by users.  Again, if the authorities choose not to pursue things, that is their business and is for the voters in France to work out.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:20:10 AM

i think i am going to claim the instawallets for my friends and relatives. i even think i can provide the signed messages for most of them.

does anyone think this will be a problem if i claim multiple wallets to my name?
pyedpyper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:47:39 AM

As long as instawallet have private keys to the adress you sent bitcoins to, which they should have, then the bitcoins should be able to be reclaimed. However, it's startingly that these persons simply ignore and evade all legitimate questions. I'm probably ignored too, so please somebody random, quote this post as well!

I am not impressed by the way they do business. When you do business and things gets fucked up, you take responsibility and stand erect and explain to the customers what is going on, you don't ignore everyone that's not 'nice' to you. That's how a spoiled child behaves. If it was the other way around, that someone else ran the wallets, and the instawallet owners were holding 100 BTC there, I don't think they would've been too happy about it.

Anyway, my instawallet address still gives not found with the procedure you described, but it contains zero btc, so perhaps they zapped all such accounts.

I probably sent some or all of the BTC I had in Instawallet from an ancient bitcoind built from head in late 2011.  I shut the client down at that time and have been using Instawallet since.  I've still got it, but I have to figure out if it will sign messages and if so, how to do it.

I'm going to use the full 90 days to make a claim so that I have a personal reason to push things in the direction I believe is healthy for the Bitcoin ecosystem.  I've stated before and I'll state again that I'm not sufficiently satisfied until the large wallet holders receive ALL of their funds.  If this was not made technically possible by next Monday, or if 'glitches' pop up which I find not adequately explained, my intention is to take this thing to the next phase.

The next phase is to make certain that the legal authorities in France are appraised of a theft of value and loss by users.  Again, if the authorities choose not to pursue things, that is their business and is for the voters in France to work out.

I agree with your sentiments entirely - and good on you for taking that stand. It is important for the integrity of the Bitcoin community as a whole. To date there is still full suspicion from my side that this "hack" may have been staged.

We need transparency to ensure a vibrant economy. Right now there is a lot of mistrust.

Personally I think it will be necessary to force this transparency upon Paymium, as they clearly have no intention of being so of their own accord - even when pushed by people here on the forums. I think criminal charges filed on them are the only to accomplish this. In their defense of these charges they will have to respond and then we will know.

Right now I would not dream of using ANY Paymium service at all, knowing who it is run by. M. Noizat has clearly shown what their "corporate culture" is.

pyedpyper

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:09:29 AM

One of my wallets for the claim shows 0.00 balance and shows only the wallet key and bitcoin address, and has the message "The wallet balance may not include the latest transactions. We will update them before we process the claims." and there is no option to fill claim information in.

The single transaction into this wallet was done shortly before Instawallet went down - so this is plausible.

Boussac could you please advise when and how we will be able to fill in claim information for wallets of this nature?

*** As I am probably on Boussac's ignore list he may not see this. Could someone please re-post this and ask him to elucidate.

Thanks

This appears to have been addressed now.
wordofmouth

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:38:10 AM

some of my wallets just say :

The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?
steelboy

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:52:41 AM

The way i have been doing it is this

go to instawallet.org

use the cursor keys on the browser and press to the right once

this will make it look like .org/

then i type it all in there

it has worked for all mine so far. Smiley

wordofmouth

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:26:43 PM

The way i have been doing it is this

go to instawallet.org

use the cursor keys on the browser and press to the right once

this will make it look like .org/

then i type it all in there

it has worked for all mine so far. Smiley

Thanks for your input,

glad to hear yours work just fine Wink

but for my 8 wallets :

- 5 of my crypto code still state that message
- 3 of them still display a zero balance
- 1 displays a positive, minus one transaction balance

And to top it all, i can not access the site anymore.

Undecided

I'll claim the wallet as soon as i can access it again,
i'd guess they're ubber busy with this, plus the ddos attack...
Still, what's the best way to contact them ? here or through @bitcoin-central ?

thanks for all inputs,
word of mouth
steelboy

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:40:30 PM

Boussac

I have now checked all all of my wallets.

Everything that was there on my last check of the wallets was there. Smiley I was nervous about some of the big ones but the balances match what i was expecting.

I still have 1 issue. The wallet that i transferred money out of before the site went offline is showing as 0BTC. This transfer was never completed.

I sent an email to support@instawallet at 21:05 on the 31/3

The following PM was sent to Davout on 1/4

(No subject)
« Sent to: davout on: April 01, 2013, 09:46:53 AM »
Quote  Reply  Delete 
Hi Davout

I sent a message through instawallet support but i cant remember how i contacted you before with the same issue (which was resolved very shortly afterwards.  )

I have sent money from

13i9Mi4yPJz6pBuewDBhJ2JBB6ZrijWGrb

to

19uRB8jvPW8qawVSQP8KP5xV1GAuGpvebu

This was over 24 hours ago now and i have had another transaction that arrived straight away since then.

Is there a reason why instawallet can sometimes take so long. This is the 3rd time it has happened.

Thanks for you time

A couple of other emails were also sent to instawalle support on the 3rd and 4th of April.

I would just like to know how this will be dealt with. Will it be the same as the others. Can you confirm that you can see the transaction was never received.

Thanks

Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 02:55:15 PM

UPDATE:

As promised, the claim form is now online when you visit your instawallet page.
Since instawallet is hosted on a new server, we put it online yesterday evening to make sure it would be accessible everywhere given the DNS propagation leadtime.
Also make sure to add www before your url which should look like https://www.instawallet.org/w/yourwalletkey.

All wallets that received transactions before April 1st can now submit a claim (even if they show a zero balance, in case a transaction was sent to them around April 1st).

We cannot respond through other channels (forum, emails, PM, etc) about any particular claim due to the very large number of claims that we will have to process in a short period of time:
We aim to have all the claims processed by July 1st.
If we need to contact you to verify your claim, you must leave an email address. Without an email address, your claim will be processed only after all the claims that we were able to verify.

As of now, less than 24 hrs after putting the claim form online, there are already 429 claimed wallets of which 25 show a balance in excess of 50 BTC.
The largest wallet balance is 242.34 BTC as of this writing.

Thank you all for your cooperation and patience.

NamLaLai

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:12:33 PM

Just completed the return request form and got in return a reference number after pushing the 'send' button.

I made a bookmark of the wallet on day 1, moved the URL as a backup (json file) to a memory stick and deleted bookmark and history. To return to my wallet today I simply restored the bookmark and clicked... everything was there, even a bit more. Completed the form and made some screenshots, complete with date and time.

Now the wait for July 1st can begin...  Grin
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:17:28 PM

i think i am going to claim the instawallets for my friends and relatives. i even think i can provide the signed messages for most of them.

does anyone think this will be a problem if i claim multiple wallets to my name?

No problem: your friends and relatives trust you ;o)

The problem is on our end if and when we receive multiple claims for the same wallet: we would have to sort things out.
So far so good we are receiving only unique claims.

twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:46:13 PM

UPDATE:

As promised, the claim form is now online when you visit your instawallet page.
Since instawallet is hosted on a new server, we put it online yesterday evening to make sure it would be accessible everywhere given the DNS propagation leadtime.
Also make sure to add www before your url which should look like https://www.instawallet.org/w/yourwalletkey.

All wallets that received transactions before April 1st can now submit a claim (even if they show a zero balance, in case a transaction was sent to them around April 1st).

We cannot respond through other channels (forum, emails, PM, etc) about any particular claim due to the very large number of claims that we will have to process in a short period of time:
We aim to have all the claims processed by July 1st.
If we need to contact you to verify your claim, you must leave an email address. Without an email address, your claim will be processed only after all the claims that we were able to verify.

As of now, less than 24 hrs after putting the claim form online, there are already 429 claimed wallets of which 25 show a balance in excess of 50 BTC.
The largest wallet balance is 242.34 BTC as of this writing.

Thank you all for your cooperation and patience.

Just filed my claim and got a reference number. All funds to my wallet comes from an OTC purchase, so I do not have incoming crypto proof, but I've send fund from my instawallet to some other address I control ( exchange address, I may try to ask for private key from the exchange). If they gave me, can I add some supplement info later?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:59:46 PM

I provided the IP address that I usually access my IW from, if that helps.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:22:28 PM

https://www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q

Your refund will be sent to this address. Please note that you will not receive funds instantly. We will send a batch transaction for all validated claims at the end of the claiming period on Monday, July 1st, 2013.

And this is why I want a police report number of which you have so conveniently ignored requests of such.

Currently, 2 wallets URL revert back to a static home page with only one wallet showing forms. Upon completing the forms, the page just acts like it's loading for several minutes, not generating another page. I have no idea if this is normal for I'm not that tech-savvy in this area.

Maybe the servers are just overloaded now. I don't want to revert to jumping through the hoops as others described, i.e. copy/paste URL/keys. I desire to do it via a single page like I've already seen, but isn't working at the moment.

One more time: Police Report Number.
nellybear

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:30:00 PM

The problem is on our end if and when we receive multiple claims for the same wallet: we would have to sort things out.

Hi Boussac,

I'm pleased everything is going to plan and that people have calmed down a little Cheesy

I'm curious what will happen after the 90 days and the claims have been processed, will Instawallet be relaunched with a bit more security added?

Also what will happen to the undoubtedly many BTC that won't be claimed, can I suggest that as a gesture of goodwill it goes to the Bitcoin Foundation or maybe to charities and the Bitcoin community gets to vote on which charities?
steelboy

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:14:46 PM

Hi Boussac,

I'm pleased everything is going to plan and that people have calmed down a little Cheesy

I'm curious what will happen after the 90 days and the claims have been processed, will Instawallet be relaunched with a bit more security added?

Also what will happen to the undoubtedly many BTC that won't be claimed, can I suggest that as a gesture of goodwill it goes to the Bitcoin Foundation or maybe to charities and the Bitcoin community gets to vote on which charities?

I'm all for charity but I want my coins on large wallets back in full first.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: