Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:36:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 04:12:53 PM

Hello Boussac. Please confirm that you have noticed my above post, or that you have received my PM, or if you would rather speak to me on the phone? Thanks.
I guess that you have not noticed my above post Wink
Please provide claim number, status and amount in your PM (or simpler, the wallet key that contains all three information).Thx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjgolsen

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:05:11 PM

done. thanks, guys! for the record, i have full confidence in your professionalism, and i'm eager to find out what your next service will be  Wink
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:46:57 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293699.msg3146376#msg3146376

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
mjgolsen

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:15:35 AM

For the benefit of peer review, I am now in contact with a Richard Caetano, of paymium.com, and have received a prompt response to the confirmation codes I'd sent them. I am still waiting for a second follow up, and for the complete resolution of my btc claim. I'll post here as soon as I have received my remittance.
Thanks.
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 08:57:01 AM

UPDATE
The next payout date is rescheduled to Wednesday, September 18. Please accept our apologies for this delay due to our limited resources.
The final payout date is set to Monday, September 30. If you have a payout awaiting your approval, please visit your instawallet page to confirm it.
The page will not be available anymore after Monday, September 30.

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:34:04 AM

UPDATE
The next payout date is rescheduled to Wednesday, September 18. Please accept our apologies for this delay due to our limited resources.
The final payout date is set to Monday, September 30. If you have a payout awaiting your approval, please visit your instawallet page to confirm it.

How will the claim process work after that date?
Just today I talked to a friend who was surprised to hear that instawallet was dysfunctional and she wants to dig out her link asap. What will she have to go through and how can she enter the claims process now at all, or are her bitcoins legally yours now?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 07:00:34 AM

UPDATE
Just today I talked to a friend who was surprised to hear that instawallet was dysfunctional and she wants to dig out her link asap.
Seriously? Why did you wait nearly 5 months to "talk to a friend" about iw when you have so much time on your hands to stalk me on the forum?

Anyway if your alleged "friend" waited for so long to wonder about his/her iw balance, it must be insignifiant to him/her or else he/she was using iw for long term storage of a signifiant amount, a purpose iw was never intended for.
I am afraid the best things have to come to an end, even this claim process.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

Anyway if your alleged "friend" waited for so long to wonder about his/her iw balance, it must be insignifiant to him/her or else he/she was using iw for long term storage of a signifiant amount, a purpose iw was never intended for.

I was clear in logic (if not in documentation once Bitcoin-Central got a hold of it) that Instawallet was not a satisfactory solution for 'long terms storage of signifiant[sic] amount', but that was more due to the 'significant amount' aspect of things.  The solution was never marketed as anything but an ideal solution for long term storage of insignificant amounts, and I have no trouble imagining many people with limited attention doing so.  In fact, certain development efforts revolved around creating Instawallet account and funding them on the behalf of others.  

Is Bitcoin-Central going to publish their 'take' when all of the not-claimed accounts are swept up and appropriated?

For the record, I think that such a windfall is appropriate and should accrue to Bitcoin-Central.  And further that it is appropriate to set a time limit since it is clear that the loss for those who were not interested enough to check up on things in some number of quarters would be minimal to them in a relative way.  But I also would appreciated full disclosure of the books once the loose ends are tied up.  Mostly because it would help understand whether Bitcoin-Central is harmless (and thus somewhat trustworthy), or whether they are the perpetrators of this crime, acting in concert with the perps, or are generaly exploiting a crime that they were otherwise not a part of.

Edit: modest fixes.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 10:18:46 AM

UPDATE
We had to deal with more convoluted claims this time so we missed our payout date of September 18.
The payout will be sent tomorrow September 20.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 07:37:01 PM

I literally can't believe your response.

Throughout the whole process I have been fair and patient. You on the other hand have been less than communicative and have angered many people. (Most of which I have tried to placate as i felt you were doing your best)

I claimed for my wallets using your process that you put in place. This process was designed to prove that the wallets people claim for are rightfully theirs. I proved to you that the wallets I claimed for were mine.

I then received an email from Richard Caetano on your team. This email had you CC'd in. The contents of the email are very clear.

"Hello,

I'm writing in regards to your last wallet.  We have identified it as one of the wallets that the hacker emptied out.  We have reported this information to the French police's cyber-crime unit.

If you would like to report this to your local authorities we can certainly provide them information on the hack.  Here's the claim from that wallet for future reference"

I instantly replied and then again a week later as i had no response. After seeing you posted on the forum last night i thought i would take the opportunity to try and reach you while you were online and you respond by posting my personal info on the forum. You justify this by saying if I didnt want to get public I should use PM even though this is the thread that you have specifically said any comments or questions should be directed to.

I really am amazed that you are behaving in this way.

At least you get emails. I have to patiently wait till after the refund rounds are over to get paid for accounts since two are both over the 50 BTC, one which considerably. One other is under 1 BTC, of which is being disputed due to two others having claims on it, from what I can ascertain when I was able to view the status on their site.

I have scaled back my vitriol attacks 100% due to an email I received months ago instructing me to do such if I'm ever going to see my bitcoins again.

Now, I get the following for all three wallets.

Wallet not found
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 10:42:59 AM

The payout was just sent with tx iD :

0c3b8530af20f5c67a1ff7c1a7e7fd3cacb7ea6b44faa416beaeb0f2c5108f8a.

The final payout of this claim process is scheduled for Monday, September 30.
Please visit your wallet page if you are still expecting a payout.
If the status says "large balance" or "multiple claims", you neeed to contatct me or Arsy via PM asap to provide proof of identity and ownership. Those users who did provide the required information got their payout already a while ago.
Thanks for your cooperation.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:18:03 PM

Received my payout today. Thank you. Pretty simple. Follow instructions. Prove ownership. Receive payment.

Excellent company. Good for the industry.
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:15:12 AM

Hi, your colleague Arsy contacted me and asked me to confirm the payout by going to my Instawallet's URL, however, that URL doesn't take me to a payout confirmation page, so I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:57:50 AM

Is Bitcoin-Central going to publish their 'take' when all of the not-claimed accounts are swept up and appropriated?

From these it looks like there is at least about 3,421.8BTC left.

https://blockchain.info/tx/6342536a1b44ebbc08126631b1a999e08ee7685ad38502d40edbe2ff7e355865
https://blockchain.info/tx/0c3b8530af20f5c67a1ff7c1a7e7fd3cacb7ea6b44faa416beaeb0f2c5108f8a
Simon-v

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 11:12:19 AM

I was clear in logic (if not in documentation once Bitcoin-Central got a hold of it) that Instawallet was not a satisfactory solution for 'long terms storage of signifiant[sic] amount', but that was more due to the 'significant amount' aspect of things.  The solution was never marketed as anything but an ideal solution for long term storage of insignificant amounts, and I have no trouble imagining many people with limited attention doing so. In fact, certain development efforts revolved around creating Instawallet account and funding them on the behalf of others.

I happen to be one of the examples for that, which so happens to be the reason i don't even know the exact balance i have lost on this ordeal, through no fault of my own, except, maybe, of being overly trusting. Hopefully, i have wisened by now.

I consider the coins lost, because i managed to both miss the deadline for claims and not have any proof, cryptographic or otherwise, for actually owning the wallet. One would hope that sending the request from one's personal email box, from his own private domain, signed by his own GPG key would have some weight, but since i have got no reply whatsoever, it's hard to have any illusions.

One would also hope that the company in question will at least have the decency to use the bitcoins amassed from this operation on some sort of charity.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:34:10 AM

I wonder how much money they will win in the process (lost wallets, unclaimed wallets, and so on).
I understand that they can't keep it running forever, but still

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
The Rouge 1

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:32:00 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 02:47:53 PM by The Rouge 1

Boussac all my instawallet account had was 5 bitcoins and I still haven't received them yet. I went through your whole claims process and everything. I just want to know where's is my Bitcoins. Please contact me I need a response. I just sent you a email with my claim #.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:50:29 PM

From these it looks like there is at least about 3,421.8BTC left.

https://blockchain.info/tx/6342536a1b44ebbc08126631b1a999e08ee7685ad38502d40edbe2ff7e355865
https://blockchain.info/tx/0c3b8530af20f5c67a1ff7c1a7e7fd3cacb7ea6b44faa416beaeb0f2c5108f8a

Ya, Bitcoin-Central could pull in half a million dollars from this little mis-hap.  I don't know what they paid ~jav for the service (and funding that the service contained), but I doubt that it approached half a million.  Likely they paid nothing at all for it.  Not a bad haul!

If Bitcoin-Central planned to capitalize and were an active party to this crime, they probably would have laundered some of these funds so that someone like you could not so easily analyze the open-source part of the books.  OTOH, they would run the risk of being caught doing so.  On balance, I continue to feel the most likely hypothesis is that Bitcoin-Central are not a part of this crime.  One way or another, it will be interesting to keep tabs on the lingering clean-up of this mess and follow-up on identifying and holding the perps accountable.

I'll mention again that I find the efforts to compensate the victims to have been handled as well as could be hoped for in spite of the lingering issues which could be anticipated.  As usual with these things, one must expect a certain fraction of the complaints to be people trying to game things, and another fraction to be just people who were not paying close attention and/or who don't follow instructions well.

If Phin is being singled out and threatened for his vocal and abrasive tendencies on an internet forum, that would be shitty on the part of Bitcoin-Central.  I would expect a professional and mature organization to let such things roll off their backs.  It would be wise to do so, in fact, as failing would put them at risk of legal action.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 11:48:39 PM

UPDATE
Just today I talked to a friend who was surprised to hear that instawallet was dysfunctional and she wants to dig out her link asap.
Seriously? Why did you wait nearly 5 months to "talk to a friend" about iw when you have so much time on your hands to stalk me on the forum?

Oh Boussac! How can a troll like you end up being responsible for such a mess?

Not sure why it should concern you but I had no idea she even had Bitcoins. With the outstanding amount of bitcoins, I'm eager to see you explain to a judge how this mess was cleaned up in a responsible manner.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:51:27 AM

Boussac all my instawallet account had was 5 bitcoins and I still haven't received them yet. I went through your whole claims process and everything. I just want to know where's is my Bitcoins. Please contact me I need a response. I just sent you a email with my claim #.
PM response sent.

Yes I did, and my instawallet page is no longer accessible.

Have you tried typing https://www.instawallet/w/walletkey (paste your actual walletkey) ?

Since the site certificate has expired, that could cause the problem you are mentionning.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: