Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:27:14 PM

So Boussac. What's the process? Shall we expect an update tomorrow? Smiley

An update will be posted today.

Thanks Davout, I look forward to this.

Boussac originally said that verified claimed amounts would be paid today.

Nothing in my wallet yet.

I assume all is still on track?

So.,.. anyone got paid??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

Current time in France.

7:30 PM
Monday, July 1, 2013 (CEST)
Time in France

Seeing that the principals were well aware that those who have funds pending will be waiting for some type of response today, wouldn't it made sense to have a response already penned no later than yesterday and have it posted first thing today (France time)?

Why are you waiting for the last minute? Hell, you could've penned a simple post-is-pending post instead of having others ask for one.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 05:38:53 PM

Hell, you could've penned a simple post-is-pending post instead of having others ask for one.
Four posts up.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 05:47:51 PM

So Boussac. What's the process? Shall we expect an update tomorrow? Smiley

An update will be posted today.

I see my mistaken. You clearly did post first negating my post above.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:55:36 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 07:07:50 PM by dancupid

It's now the 2nd July where I am

Devouring Time, blunt thou the lion's paws,
And make the earth devour her own sweet brood.
Pluck the keen teeth from the fierce tiger's jaws,
And burn the long-lived phoenix in her blood

edit: why are easywallet still doing the same thing?
 https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=https%3A%2F%2Feasywallet.org%2F&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=#q=site:https://easywallet.org/&lr=&hl=en&as_qdr=all&ei=fdLRUeTXCJOP7Ab37oDgDg&start=70&sa=N&filter=0&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.48572450,d.ZGU&fp=ce10ab8ef3936733&biw=1384&bih=880
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 07:29:16 PM

It's now the 2nd July where I am
Good, your vegemite isn't welcome here though.

edit: why are easywallet still doing the same thing?
As in "not caring about a non-issue ?".
Probably because it's a non issue.

Now that's out of the way here is what is going to be published any minute now on the instawallet.org frontpage.

We have lately been quite busy processing all the already submitted claims and will be able to issue a first payment batch very shortly after the the claims deadline.

After some internal discussion we made the decision to not issue any payment before the claims deadline was passed (which is July 11th = April 11th + 90 days). We feel it is in everyone's best interest that the claims be processed as accurately and precisely as possible. As you all know, once the payments are sent it'll be too late to recall it if a mistake is discovered afterwards.

Once the claims deadline is passed it shouldn't take us more than a couple of days for us to process the claims that will be submitted between July the 1st and July the 11th (the bulk of what was submitted before July 1st has already been processed).

We have also been in touch with a few wallet owners in order to request some supporting evidence of their claim, so far it's all going well.

Corrections are also being made to some wallet balances to account for issues such as unsent transfers among other things. This takes some time but is absolutely necessary in order for everyone to be able to claim the actual and fair balance they should be able to claim.

We thank everyone again for their continued patience.

I'll be around in an hour (time for me to get home) to answer questions, on this thread, and probably on IRC too. Be gentle.

steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:48:35 PM

In support of Davout he has indeed been in touch and as much as we would all like to get our money the claims process was supposed to be 90 days.

It did mistakenly say July 1st on various posts and messages but imagine if you are someone who had a legitimate claim and only found out about it for whatever reason on July 4th. You would be pretty pissed off if your money had been used up going somewhere else and you were still technically inside the 90 days.

All I can say is from my chat with him today I feel 100x better than i did yesterday. What's another 10 days when yo've waited 90?  Tongue
brickhouse464

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:56:37 PM

In support of Davout he has indeed been in touch and as much as we would all like to get our money the claims process was supposed to be 90 days.

It did mistakenly say July 1st on various posts and messages but imagine if you are someone who had a legitimate claim and only found out about it for whatever reason on July 4th. You would be pretty pissed off if your money had been used up going somewhere else and you were still technically inside the 90 days.

All I can say is from my chat with him today I feel 100x better than i did yesterday. What's another 10 days when yo've waited 90?  Tongue

You were told it's going to be another 10 days? 
steelboy

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

11th July is in 10 days time.  Smiley
brickhouse464

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:29:36 PM

11th July is in 10 days time.  Smiley

OK I think I understand now.  July 1 must have been a typo and they really intended to change it from July 5 to July 11.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 09:32:42 PM

11th July is in 10 days time.  Smiley

OK I think I understand now.  July 1 must have been a typo and they really intended to change it from July 5 to July 11.

Actually, nothing was changed, announcing July 1st was simply a mistake on our side.
To be honest, I would have rather it be today than July 11th, want to get it over with so we can all get back to more interesting stuff, among which rebuilding Instawallet.

brickhouse464

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:40:38 PM

11th July is in 10 days time.  Smiley

OK I think I understand now.  July 1 must have been a typo and they really intended to change it from July 5 to July 11.

Actually, nothing was changed, announcing July 1st was simply a mistake on our side.
To be honest, I would have rather it be today than July 11th, want to get it over with so we can all get back to more interesting stuff, among which rebuilding Instawallet.

Thank you for the update!  I'm looking forward to seeing Instawallet re-built!
trout

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:48:14 PM

so do I understand it right that if I haven't heard from you till now, and I left ample contact information with my claim (forum name, email, phone), it means that everything is ok with it?  By "everything ok" I mean that you have no questions about the ownership of my addresses and are going to pay  out in full the amount claimed?
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:49:50 PM

Fuck you all! It is now 2nd July and I did not have my coins back! I need to return loan I'm way over deadline and no fucking coins!

I filed the claim not on April but probably late May because I could not earlier decrypt my harddrive with secret wallet. I will need to wait the 90 days starting from the May 29? Why You could not just declare that You are not giving any coins back?

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:04:49 PM

I met ~boussac at the conference.  I always meant to relate the story here, but never got around to it.  I've been focused on other things and the memories are becoming foggy.  I ran into him on the last day while milling around and it was a good opportunity to chat so I introduced myself.  He was clearly a bit surprised when he saw my name tag upon which I had written my bitcointalk username.  A few people had that reaction.

We had a pleasant chat.  I could not help but have some respect for the guy to show up in a foreign country where he had lost a bunch of people's money and pissed them off.  I probably would have avoided France if the roles were reversed, but then I don't speak French.

I believe that boussac probably honestly feels that they were doing something of a favor for the community in offering a free service.  I feel fairly strongly the opposite.  To me, bitcoincentral bought or was given jav's customers and all their money, then they either lost or stole some percentage of the money (between 0% and 100% which we will know if a few days.)

I fairly politely made it clear that I thought they screwed up and tried to explain with precision why I felt this way.  I did not feel that I was sufficiently convincing to sway boussac.

I wished boussac and his organization the best of luck going forward, and meant it since it would be a scenario where they were being honest (if incompetent) and everyone came out of this thing as well as possible.

My meeting with the guy was insufficient to determine whether bitcoincentral are crooks, but I did not expect that it would be.  What evidence I could glean would support either hypothesis, and a skilled con-man is easily able to avoid producing solid evidence of things in person-2-person contact.  I guess will know more in a few weeks.

A best-case scenario is that users get back the Bitcoin that they lost.  If Bitcoin-central remains in business and BTC values continue to fall, it seems possible to me that they could cover a deficeit.  At that point, I personally would be academically interested in the mechanics of the system failure which allowed this loss to occur.  A full briefing when the dust is settled would do a lot toward convincing me, and possibly others, that it was indeed a legitimate loss and, as always, I would very much like to see the perpetrators be caught and have to account for this crime.  Whoever they my be.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
steelboy

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:14:15 PM

Fuck you all! It is now 2nd July and I did not have my coins back! I need to return loan I'm way over deadline and no fucking coins!

I filed the claim not on April but probably late May because I could not earlier decrypt my harddrive with secret wallet. I will need to wait the 90 days starting from the May 29? Why You could not just declare that You are not giving any coins back?

You will not have to wait 3 months from 29th May, Deadline is 11th July, simple
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:23:35 AM

I met ~boussac at the conference.  I always meant to relate the story here, but never got around to it.  I've been focused on other things and the memories are becoming foggy.  I ran into him on the last day while milling around and it was a good opportunity to chat so I introduced myself.  He was clearly a bit surprised when he saw my name tag upon which I had written my bitcointalk username.  A few people had that reaction.

We had a pleasant chat.  I could not help but have some respect for the guy to show up in a foreign country where he had lost a bunch of people's money and pissed them off.  I probably would have avoided France if the roles were reversed, but then I don't speak French.

I believe that boussac probably honestly feels that they were doing something of a favor for the community in offering a free service.  I feel fairly strongly the opposite.  To me, bitcoincentral bought or was given jav's customers and all their money, then they either lost or stole some percentage of the money (between 0% and 100% which we will know if a few days.)

I fairly politely made it clear that I thought they screwed up and tried to explain with precision why I felt this way.  I did not feel that I was sufficiently convincing to sway boussac.

I wished boussac and his organization the best of luck going forward, and meant it since it would be a scenario where they were being honest (if incompetent) and everyone came out of this thing as well as possible.

My meeting with the guy was insufficient to determine whether bitcoincentral are crooks, but I did not expect that it would be.  What evidence I could glean would support either hypothesis, and a skilled con-man is easily able to avoid producing solid evidence of things in person-2-person contact.  I guess will know more in a few weeks.

A best-case scenario is that users get back the Bitcoin that they lost.  If Bitcoin-central remains in business and BTC values continue to fall, it seems possible to me that they could cover a deficeit.  At that point, I personally would be academically interested in the mechanics of the system failure which allowed this loss to occur.  A full briefing when the dust is settled would do a lot toward convincing me, and possibly others, that it was indeed a legitimate loss and, as always, I would very much like to see the perpetrators be caught and have to account for this crime.  Whoever they my be.

Which conference? Where and when?
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 09:40:30 AM

It starts with "The", and ends with "Bitcoin conference".

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:34:52 PM

It starts with "The", and ends with "Bitcoin conference".

And was in the US, was one which boussac traveled, and was subsequent to the loss.

The 2013 one in San Jose, CA.  Sorry to have left my comments in a state which required so my detective work to unwind.  Boussac presented at the conference ('Future of Payments' or some BS was the formal name IIRC), but I am less interested in the business stuff and didn't see any of his presentations.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
steelboy

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:51:34 AM

So. What's the odds of out bitcoins being worth pennies when we get them back? Smiley I was hoping a 90 day forced hold might be a blessing in disguise. Looks like they will be considerably lower in value than when we lost them. Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: