Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:26:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:34:22 AM

One way or another, the ONLY thing which argues that anyone will get anything in 90 days is simply the ~boussac says so.  That is hardly confidence inspiring to me, and I continue to maintain that taking no concrete action in the interim is irresponsible and negligent and will not help the ecosystem evolve to a more healthy state.

As mentioned earlier, if after the promised 90 days there's not a resolution, there are actual names that can be used in proceeding a legal case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:51:28 AM

One way or another, the ONLY thing which argues that anyone will get anything in 90 days is simply the ~boussac says so.  That is hardly confidence inspiring to me, and I continue to maintain that taking no concrete action in the interim is irresponsible and negligent and will not help the ecosystem evolve to a more healthy state.

As mentioned earlier, if after the promised 90 days there's not a resolution, there are actual names that can be used in proceeding a legal case.

I don't think that is enough in and of itself.  I've collected certain information and will be publishing it in the interim and attempting to obtain more.  I also intend to make at least a feeble attempt to present it to the authorities who may be investigating this crime.

If Paymium has nothing to hide, they will not be harmed by my actions.  If they are decent human beings who care about the Bitcoin ecosystem beyond how they can leverage it's shortcomings for personal enrichment then they would actually support my and other people's efforts and even help to facilitate them.  I believe that I can honestly say that I would be doing just that were I in their situation.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 06:54:19 AM

What scares me is that if this turns out to be the case, we'll have another Bitcoinica liquidation on our hands where all the parties were known with the exception of Zhou Tong, who to this day only one person ever met him in person--Tihan Seale. Current location? Unknown.
repentance

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:33:06 AM

What scares me is that if this turns out to be the case, we'll have another Bitcoinica liquidation on our hands where all the parties were known with the exception of Zhou Tong, who to this day only one person ever met him in person--Tihan Seale. Current location? Unknown.

You can get Zhou's location by running a paid ASIC search on NameTerrific.  That's how I found out that he's the beneficial owner of 70,000 $1 shares in the company (which was, as he said it would be, incorporated on his 18th birthday).  There's also no special protection available to Zhou under Australian law if he committed criminal offences from Australia while he was 17 (as he was when the Bitcoinica "intrusions" occurred).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
pyedpyper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:09:13 AM

Dear Boussac,

Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173296#msg1879618 you said "There is absolutely no good or bad way to communicate about an investigation after the service suspension: the only thing that matters is whether or not you get your refund. The consequences of the attack are borne by Paymium, not by the users. All the users are able to file their claims to get a refund."

This sounds like you are saying that Instawallet account holders will not suffer any losses, and that Paymium is committing to pay users in full. Can you please explicitly clarify Paymium's official position in this regard.

We are also still waiting for details regarding the "independent auditors" who are conducting the "computer forensic analysis" as you stated in your original post. (I see you have now finally added a link to the police report in the same post - thank you.)

Looking forward to this next piece of information.

Herodes

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:53:49 AM

Dear Boussac,

Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173296#msg1879618 you said "There is absolutely no good or bad way to communicate about an investigation after the service suspension: the only thing that matters is whether or not you get your refund. The consequences of the attack are borne by Paymium, not by the users. All the users are able to file their claims to get a refund."

This sounds like you are saying that Instawallet account holders will not suffer any losses, and that Paymium is committing to pay users in full. Can you please explicitly clarify Paymium's official position in this regard.

We are also still waiting for details regarding the "independent auditors" who are conducting the "computer forensic analysis" as you stated in your original post. (I see you have now finally added a link to the police report in the same post - thank you.)

AFAIK the Paymium guys have been on TV in France, and they work with some banker that was on the same show, and the names are all out in the open. I'm sure you could call them and simply ask.
pyedpyper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:03:37 PM

Dear Boussac,

AFAIK the Paymium guys have been on TV in France, and they work with some banker that was on the same show, and the names are all out in the open. I'm sure you could call them and simply ask.

Call who?
Herodes

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:49:03 PM

Dear Boussac,

Call who?

Do some research on the forum, and you will find the names. It was written on the screen in a youtube clip someone posted of a TV-grab showing some paymium dude with a banker on a goodmorning show in what appeared to be french TV. I would also assume the phone numbers of paymium is readily available on their website, no ?

So if somebody has questions in regards to instawallet, and the forum does not provide sufficuent answers for one reason or another, it should be possible to call Paymium, as these guys seems to be the ones responsible in this situation, now if they refuse to give answer to questions of a nature that's not overly sensitive on the phone, then it's time to start crying foul. Personally I've been on the phone with the department of finance, and the department of taxation this week and spoke with several different persons, that's how most people do business, but I have no stake in this fight, so I have no intention of calling france, but what i'm saying is that it doesn't help to cry on this forum if it doesn't give the responses you're wanting to get, do some research, fine names and phone numbers, pick up the phone and call.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:25:43 PM

I can proofread your french version of your story if needed (for as much BTC as you see fit).

I appreciate your advice and assistance thus-far and have made a contribution in gratitude.

I got side-tracked and lost some interest in this issue, but do intend to formulate a report with some of the information I have obtained and would very much appreciate your proof-reading it at some point.

In other news, I had a brief and cordial conversation with ~davout via PM.  It was without meaningful content, but that was completely appropriate in the situation and equal to or greater than I expected.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Keimoasd

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:26:00 AM

This wating is killing me slowly from the inside  Cry
Herodes

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:15:45 PM

How many days left? Someone should make a counter!
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:46:51 AM

How many bitcoins did you have there?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Dennichio

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:33:31 AM

April 15th I reported a missing wallet (first transfer after April 1st), didn't hear a thing since. Does anyone have any information on why that's taking so long?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:24:16 AM

April 15th I reported a missing wallet (first transfer after April 1st), didn't hear a thing since. Does anyone have any information on why that's taking so long?

Everybody with less than 50 BTC will be refunded on July 1, 2013, and those with over 50BTC will be refunded on a case-by-case basis.

<redacted>
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:44:36 PM

Friends,

I'm more interested in other things at this point (chief among them the one outlined currently in my sig block) but have taken the time to document one thing in case anyone finds it useful or interesting:

https://sites.google.com/a/tcilgl.com/paymium/home/categorized-info/-jav-pm-s

My interest may or may not be re-kindled once the bullshit 90-day mark is past.  I expect that the issue will be resolved in a sub-standard way, but am happy to be surprised.  In the mean time, if someone else gets serious about perusing this thing as I and others think is appropriate and thinks my involvement may be of help, ping me.

nellybear

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:59:18 PM

How many days left? Someone should make a counter!

Done: http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i3m74w0v/n136/cf110/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pca0bfd5/tcfff/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatInstawallet%20Refunds!/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/mat(For%20balances%20under%2050BTC)/mac000/mpc000/iso2013-07-01T00:00:00

Cheesy
hous

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:15:34 AM

Fed up of eating baked beans only 56 days 22 hours and 45 minutes left  Cheesy
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:24:13 PM

1st July. Too long to get my coins back. But probably enough to restore my computer systems back to fully operational to get my secret URL.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Dennichio

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:07:13 PM

Everybody with less than 50 BTC will be refunded on July 1, 2013, and those with over 50BTC will be refunded on a case-by-case basis.

<redacted>

But I wasn't able to make a claim yet since my first deposit happend quite late (April 3th) and my wallet isn't showing up anymore. I still don't get this takes so long. When bitcoin-24 went down, people were able to transfer their BC after 3 weeks.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:46:27 AM

But I wasn't able to make a claim yet since my first deposit happend quite late (April 3th) and my wallet isn't showing up anymore. I still don't get this takes so long. When bitcoin-24 went down, people were able to transfer their BC after 3 weeks.
at least, bitcoin-24 was relatively sure they where not hacked and all usernames+passwords in the public.
the methodology of refunds is ok-ish because wallets with a single claim will be easy to identify.

instawallets above 50 are hopefully rare and it would be very concerning if there are people who are losing a big chunk of money. it is like our little cyprus..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: