Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:53:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:57:14 PM

Come on Girls.  Take it off line.   He's got work to do and I still haven't received a pay out.

That's exactly my point. There is no response offline.  Sad
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 02:53:16 PM

Come on Girls.  Take it off line.   He's got work to do and I still haven't received a pay out.

That's right steelboy: I have no concrete proof from you offline.
Please do not hijack the thread to deal with your particular case. A case that is highly "unusual" to say the least.
I will not respond to further allegations but I will respond to any proof that you provide. Offline as previously indicated.
If there is no proof you can safely conclude that your claim will not be accepted.

@BCB
What is your claim number and status ? (please PM me or Arsy).

steelboy

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:36:23 PM

That's right steelboy: I have no concrete proof from you offline.
Please do not hijack the thread to deal with your particular case. A case that is highly "unusual" to say the least.
I will not respond to further allegations but I will respond to any proof that you provide. Offline as previously indicated.
If there is no proof you can safely conclude that your claim will not be accepted.

@BCB
What is your claim number and status ? (please PM me or Arsy).

(Apologies in advance to others for continuinn this discussion online)

Boussac, I really don't understand how you have gone from being relatively polite in our communications to being so rude because I asked you a question on a thread about this specific problem. I proved the wallets were mine well enough for you to pay me my money back and now, for some reason, you are being obtuse.

You know I do not have any more info other than what i have given you so you are basically saying that you are keeping my money no matter what. Nice job, I even defended you and your operation on the Let's Talk Bitcoin podcast but it seems the scammer title so many others have thrown at you all along might have been right all along.

I can only presume that your customer base at Bitcoin Central/Paymium has continued to fall since this fiasco and the money in your comapany is starting to dry up, meaning you have to grab every last Bitcoin you can.

The way you do business is deplorable and the way you talk to your customers is shocking.

I hope everybody now knows that any businesses that you hold now or in future are not to be trusted.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:53:39 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 04:17:56 PM by giszmo

Hmm, so these accusations should be resolved and I agree with steelboy that Boussac should not loose his professionalism which he did both in tone and in telling the world that steelboy has *****Ƀ. Boussac only owes me one remaining claim (34a28881-b884-4b44-94d2-669b4d46962c) of minor value but yeah, I provided proof and there was double claim on it, so I understand it might take time but I don't see why I should go to this address every now and then hoping not to miss the window of oportunity between them putting up the "yeah, I still want my money back" button and them deciding they are out of money.

Edit: removed the amount steelboy got from instawallet.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
hous

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:39:26 PM

''shouting out big btc balances is very rude in this situation same as spiting in someones face"

Steelboy f2f is they only way bruv!!  keep talking on here now and the tax man might come find you cos bosacc team gived them the heads up!

I thought this process was all sorted by now i thankfully got mine back but it was buttons up to yours.

Hope you get sorted.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:29:56 PM

Observations:

- Anyone who uses this public forum as a helpdesk ticketing system should be prepared for release of any and all information related to their problem.  Of course if it is the only option, or is perceived to be, that sucks.  But it's a balance that one must weigh.

- Bitcoin-Central seems shocked when people will not take their word for things without verification.  Cut's both ways.  If steelboy says he owns the BTC, who better should know, right?  (Obviously I'm being sarcastic here for those who don't pick up on such things.)

- Color me unsurprised that steelboy's consummate dick-eating was not 100% effective at getting all of his stash back.  It was amusing while it lasted though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
steelboy

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:36:23 PM

- Color me unsurprised that steelboy's consummate dick-eating was not 100% effective at getting all of his stash back.  It was amusing while it lasted though.

I laughed hard at that. Cheesy to be honest I had thought they were doing a reasonable job. I also found Davout to be pretty friendly and Boussac seemed professional when he contacted me on the phone. Oh well, looking forward to meeting him in person at the Amsterdam conference.

Regarding the amount I was working for a number of different people to get coins back so the majority wasn't my own money. I only have about 20BTC in savings.

marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:07:28 PM

I wonder when will bitcoin centrale come back

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:10:58 PM

I laughed hard at that. Cheesy to be honest I had thought they were doing a reasonable job. I also found Davout to be pretty friendly and Boussac seemed professional when he contacted me on the phone. Oh well, looking forward to meeting him in person at the Amsterdam conference.

Regarding the amount I was working for a number of different people to get coins back so the majority wasn't my own money. I only have about 20BTC in savings.

Having a sense of humor is one of the more reliable markers of trustworthiness in my observation.  Why this would be I do not know and my hypothesis about it are weak.

I have been on balance impressed by my interactions with both boussac and daveout.  My best guess at this point is that they are mainly for real.  But they may either legitimately feel that they need info which you would be hard pressed to provide, or simply not have the money.  Either would put you and they at logger-heads.  As always, I wish both you and Bitcoin-Central the best of luck in arriving at a satisfactory result.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
steelboy

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:01:30 PM

Having a sense of humor is one of the more reliable markers of trustworthiness in my observation.  Why this would be I do not know and my hypothesis about it are weak.

I have been on balance impressed by my interactions with both boussac and daveout.  My best guess at this point is that they are mainly for real.  But they may either legitimately feel that they need info which you would be hard pressed to provide, or simply not have the money.  Either would put you and they at logger-heads.  As always, I wish both you and Bitcoin-Central the best of luck in arriving at a satisfactory result.

Yeah, you gotta laugh sometimes. Smiley

I have given them all the proof they asked for to prove the wallets were mine and now I think the businesses are running out of money, no new customers are coming in and they are trying to think up reasons to keep any coins they can.

If you do a google search for instawallet, paymium or bitcoin central look at the first page of results :/ If you were new to bitcoin researching which companies to use would you use any of those? Me neither.

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:04:50 PM

by the way thats a lot of btc Grin Grin Grin

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 02:53:09 PM

I agree with steelboy that Boussac should not loose his professionalism which he did in telling the world that steelboy has *****Ƀ.

Your reading of the thread might have been only partial, teacher:
here is the post written by steelboy on July 29 about his memory recovery and short lived happiness at receiving his payout from Instawallet:

My happiness at receiving my coins nearly made me forget about another wallet that I was talking with Davout about in IRC. I have sent a PM about it (the wallet with 232 if you remember Davout.)

So I should be dragged in the mud but with my hands tied in the back preferrably ?
If anyone starts throwing numbers on this open forum, one should expect the whole story will be told.

By the way, we set up a claim process allowing people to keep their claims private at our own costs.
I don't believe a 100% satisfaction rate would have been a realistic goal.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 05:37:03 PM

I agree with steelboy that Boussac should not loose his professionalism which he did in telling the world that steelboy has *****Ƀ.

Your reading of the thread might have been only partial, teacher:
here is the post written by steelboy on July 29 about his memory recovery and short lived happiness at receiving his payout from Instawallet:

My happiness at receiving my coins nearly made me forget about another wallet that I was talking with Davout about in IRC. I have sent a PM about it (the wallet with 232 if you remember Davout.)

So I should be dragged in the mud but with my hands tied in the back preferrably ?
If anyone starts throwing numbers on this open forum, one should expect the whole story will be told.

By the way, we set up a claim process allowing people to keep their claims private at our own costs.
I don't believe a 100% satisfaction rate would have been a realistic goal.

Oh, so revealing one fact by a customer authorizes you to reveal another fact publicly? So if I told publicly that there is "only one claim of 0.01Ƀ outstanding", I should expect you to disclose the paid claims of 10.000.000Ƀ? Makes sense. Still I would prefer you would work on releasing the outstanding funds instead of crawling the forum to make up lame excuses for your wrong doings. Doesn't make you look more professional anyway.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 10:51:22 AM

Oh, so revealing one fact by a customer authorizes you to reveal another fact publicly? So if I told publicly that there is "only one claim of 0.01Ƀ outstanding", I should expect you to disclose the paid claims of 10.000.000Ƀ? Makes sense.

Absolutely, if you are trolling this Forum to spread truncated information insinuating (like you do) "wrong doings", behind the comfort of your anonymity.
If anyone had a reasonable, documented claim for a wallet, the channel was open on instawallet.org and the payouts have been sent.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 04:03:52 PM

Oh, so revealing one fact by a customer authorizes you to reveal another fact publicly? So if I told publicly that there is "only one claim of 0.01Ƀ outstanding", I should expect you to disclose the paid claims of 10.000.000Ƀ? Makes sense.

Absolutely, if you are trolling this Forum to spread truncated information insinuating (like you do) "wrong doings", behind the comfort of your anonymity.
If anyone had a reasonable, documented claim for a wallet, the channel was open on instawallet.org and the payouts have been sent.

What are you talking about? I'm not anonymous. Little searching links Giszmo to Leo Wandersleb in many cases. I'm not trolling. At least not willingly. You did not pay out all rightful claims. At least one of mine is still pending.

ɃɃ
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 04:36:07 PM

You did not pay out all rightful claims. At least one of mine is still pending.

When did you contact us (me or Arsy) about your "pending" claim ?
If you did not, I recommend you do, including you claim number.
No claim is "pending" without a reason.
You are not in a position to say whether a claim is rightful or not, except for your claims , if any.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 05:00:50 PM

When did you contact us (me or Arsy) about your "pending" claim ?
If you did not, I recommend you do, including you claim number.
No claim is "pending" without a reason.

Well, I said earlier that I assume the claims process is still accurately ongoing and don't feel like pressing charges or anything as long as people with more at stake keep you busy. Concerning my claim number, here it is:
Hmm, so these accusations should be resolved and I agree with steelboy that Boussac should not loose his professionalism which he did both in tone and in telling the world that steelboy has *****Ƀ. Boussac only owes me one remaining claim (34a28881-b884-4b44-94d2-669b4d46962c) of minor value but yeah, I provided proof and there was double claim on it, so I understand it might take time but I don't see why I should go to this address every now and then hoping not to miss the window of oportunity between them putting up the "yeah, I still want my money back" button and them deciding they are out of money.

About this:
You are not in a position to say whether a claim is rightful or not, except for your claims , if any.
I am talking about my claim only and yes, I have no clue if steelboy's claims are rightful. I wouldn't have commented on steelboy if you had paid out all my claims.

I understand that you maybe resolve claims biggest to smallest leaving tons of smallish balances in limbo but I have a suggestion on how to resolve the unworthy communication regarding almost dust claims: Why not send people that proofed bigger claims that you could connect to a crypto proof and that you paid out, their smaller claims as well, up to a total of $x of your own money? You would loose $y to unrightful claims while saving $z on support. x is of course not an easy to pick number but making it $1000 for all outstanding claims would definitely do more good than harm.

ɃɃ
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 09:16:19 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 10:17:01 PM by iCEBREAKER

Bonjour Boussac,

I submitted claims for two Instawallet accounts, but had to change the final payout address (because BitFloor went tits up).

I'm 99% sure there were no competing claims for them, but have yet to see the funds (1.xx + 8.xx) show up in the new payout address.

I'll send a PM with more details.

Merci beaucoup,

-iB

Edit: PM sent!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
k4spr

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:45:07 AM

iam disappointed about the claim process.
i received my reference number in may, but did not received any btc until now.  Angry
wordofmouth

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:35:18 AM

same here, patience is a virtue.  Shocked Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: