Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:01:43 AM

It is common sense that the possibility of arranging a cold wallet setup and surveillance which protected against catastrophic loss existed.  Was it to much to ask that your organization managed to do so?  My answer is 'yes'.  You guys talked a big game, but then everyone does that.  I knew my funds were at risk all along.

Again, an assumption, by some sort of logic backflip gets transformed into factual information. Did you read the results of our independent security audit? You did not. Did you bother to string a few words together, have them translated and shoved in a mailbox? You did not. Do you make up factual information on the basis of your imagination? Looks like it!

Given that the funds you bought or were given by Jav (and subsequently lost or stole) were funds that I personally deposited, it is distinctly my business.

You were explicitly told about the switch, and chose to keep your funds there. That's exactly where the scope of "your business" ended in a small poof of "i don't care", apathy is not, and will never be an excuse to anything.

Oh, and you still didn't say how it could be in any way relevant to the matter at hand.

You were hardly 'Johnny on the spot' with information about the police report other than an initial assertion that you had filed one. It would have been ultra simple to have simply followed up with some simple information when probably 50 people asked about it.

We did it as a courtesy, because communicating on open cases to some angry mob is not usually how it's done.

And most of us asked with the utmost in tact.

I guess I didn't notice the tact among the threats, internet policemen and the "let's streetview the fuckers" being thrown around.

More information will be available once we see how your dispensation is handled.  This will be useful for further perusing the matter if such a pursuit is undertaken at all.

I'm sure teh forums will get right on that.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go do some actual doing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:29:28 AM

It is common sense that the possibility of arranging a cold wallet setup and surveillance which protected against catastrophic loss existed.  Was it to much to ask that your organization managed to do so?  My answer is 'yes'.  You guys talked a big game, but then everyone does that.  I knew my funds were at risk all along.

Again, an assumption, by some sort of logic backflip gets transformed into factual information. Did you read the results of our independent security audit? You did not. Did you bother to string a few words together, have them translated and shoved in a mailbox? You did not. Do you make up factual information on the basis of your imagination? Looks like it!

Sorry, no.  It is an undeniable fact that at the very least you locked up accounts for 3 months and to the best of my knowledge have never stated whether you were going to or could pay everyone back.

Given that the funds you bought or were given by Jav (and subsequently lost or stole) were funds that I personally deposited, it is distinctly my business.

You were explicitly told about the switch, and chose to keep your funds there. That's exactly where the scope of "your business" ended in a small poof of "i don't care", apathy is not, and will never be an excuse to anything.

Oh, and you still didn't say how it could be in any way relevant to the matter at hand.

The first is a fair point.  The second would have significant ramifications in the event that this matter is brought to court.  Understanding the means and motivations for your group to obtain these funds would be helpful in trying to determine if you are likely culpable in the subsequent disappearance of them.

You were hardly 'Johnny on the spot' with information about the police report other than an initial assertion that you had filed one. It would have been ultra simple to have simply followed up with some simple information when probably 50 people asked about it.

We did it as a courtesy, because communicating on open cases to some angry mob is not usually how it's done.

And most of us asked with the utmost in tact.

I guess I didn't notice the tact among the threats, internet policemen and the "let's streetview the fuckers" being thrown around.

Don't paint everyone with that broad brush.  I personally defended the logic of keeping quiet about many aspects of this event but requested, and very tactfully, that it be verifiable that appropriate action was being taken.  A lot of others were similarly polite.  It was a simple thing which would not have harmed in any way the ability to resolve this matter.  It was also completely appropriate given the history of similar thefts in the on-line wallet space.

As I recall, I also spoke up against stupid and poorly thought out actions against Bitcoin-Central even when I was most dis-satisfied with your performance and most suspicious of your behavior.  True, this was partially because I felt it would be counter-productive should a decision be taken to pursue things legally, but part of it also was that I find such things low-class and generally useless.

More information will be available once we see how your dispensation is handled.  This will be useful for further perusing the matter if such a pursuit is undertaken at all.

I'm sure teh forums will get right on that.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go do some actual doing.

Yes you do.  The deadline is coming right up.  As always, best of luck (for real!)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 08:23:19 AM

It is an undeniable fact that at the very least you locked up accounts for 3 months and to the best of my knowledge have never stated whether you were going to or could pay everyone back.

Exactly, so the reasonable course of action is to refrain from assumptions and wild guesses.

Understanding the means and motivations for your group to obtain these funds would be helpful in trying to determine if you are likely culpable in the subsequent disappearance of them.

A court examines facts in deciding of culpability, nothing else.

I personally defended the logic of keeping quiet about many aspects of this event but requested, and very tactfully, that it be verifiable that appropriate action was being taken.  A lot of others were similarly polite.

Good, so basically smart people understood, and haters hated. Nothing very surprising here.

Yes you do.  The deadline is coming right up.  As always, best of luck (for real!)

Thank you. Most is already wrapped up, we'll communicate on the exact next steps in a couple of days.

brickhouse464

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:31:59 PM

The payout date is approaching!  In less than half an hour, it will be July 11 in France. 
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

Indeed, and the bitcoin price is having a little rally in expectation. Smiley
nellybear

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:26:08 PM

It's now 11th of July in Franceland, a full 10 days after what the claims screen still says is return-the-BTC-to-its-owners day, and 1 day more than the 90 days that's been promised too.

Fingers crossed this really is the day the BTC comes back home - good luck davout and co!
brickhouse464

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:43:17 PM

Indeed, and the bitcoin price is having a little rally in expectation. Smiley

I hope people don't dump their coins on the exchanges all at once and sink the price back to $65!  But as long as I get my coins back, I'll be happy even if the price tanks. 

Guys, please let us know as soon as anybody gets a payout from Instawallet.  I submitted my claim soon after the process started so I should be one of the first to get paid back.  I'll post here as soon as I see the BTC in my account.
hous

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:37:55 AM

Ready and waiting davout n co.
pyedpyper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:19:48 AM

Waiting...
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:30:33 AM

https://www.instawallet.org/
The claim process started April 11, 2013 at 10PM CEST.

Now: 11:30 (am) CEST. Smiley
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:34:50 AM

Ready and waiting davout n co.

Waiting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs

https://www.instawallet.org/
The claim process started April 11, 2013 at 10PM CEST.

Now: 11:30 (am) CEST. Smiley

That is correct.

We'll be closing the claims at 10PM CEST (that's actually a 91 days claims process to be very precise).
We'll also post an announcement in a couple of hours detailing what happens next, and how exactly it happens.

hous

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:04:19 PM

Great i will be back then. Is there going to be a new improved instawallet coming soon even though it's been a pain in the ass i really miss instawallet it's a really good tool when it's safe.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 01:06:36 PM

Is there going to be a new improved instawallet coming soon

Yes, it might work a little differently though.

speakeasy1982

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:05:48 PM

So its a little over 11:00:00 PM CEST.
Anyone receive their claim money yet? Seems to be a big waiting game, that keeps getting pushed back. *Fingers crossed*
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:20:35 PM

So its a little over 11:00:00 PM CEST.
Anyone receive their claim money yet? Seems to be a big waiting game, that keeps getting pushed back. *Fingers crossed*

You have an update: https://www.instawallet.org/

Here is the message:

Instawallet Claims Officially Closed

Dear Instawallet users,

The claims process is now officially closed. Now that all claims have been collected we can come up with a payments table, listing for each claim the amount that should be paid.

Before the payments can be sent and our payouts table is considered final we need to collect the claimants approvals. We did our best to make sure that nothing fell through the cracks however we'd much rather make sure beforehand.

We also need to collect everyone's explicit agreement on the amount that will be paid.

So here is exactly how this will all happen :

Today (July the 11th) at 10PM CEST, after 91 days, the claims submission interface will be disabled
    On July the 12th we will handle the claims that came in after our last processing batch and before the cutoff
    At the end of that day we'll have a surrogate payouts table
    We'll update the claims interface with this data and make it publicly available
    We will then proceed to go mind our own business for the week-end
    On Friday the 19th of July we'll broadcast a payout for all accepted claims [1]
    For three months after this we'll make weekly payouts for the claims that got accepted during the previous considered week

If an offered payout hasn't been accepted three months after the first payouts it'll be considered expired.

[1] Assuming no significant discrepancy or mistake is found in the calculations leading to our proposed payments table before Friday the 19th.

I will grab some /popcorns

speakeasy1982

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:01:24 PM

So all in all they are saying it could be another 3 months before we get paid???
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 10:24:54 PM

So all in all they are saying it could be another 3 months before we get paid???

Only in the unlikely case we did everything wrong and a lot of payouts need to be recalculated.
In the extremely likely case that we did not make mistakes, or if we made small ones that can easily be fixed you will get paid next friday.

To summarize the announcement :
 - starting tomorrow evening you'll be able to confirm your claim,
 - next friday, if you confirmed your claim you get paid

Simple, isn't it?

speakeasy1982

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:40:23 PM

Thanks for the clarification. Will we get an email to confirm our claim? Or will we have to visit our Instawallet URL to confirm?
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 10:51:37 PM

Thanks for the clarification. Will we get an email to confirm our claim? Or will we have to visit our Instawallet URL to confirm?

You'll have to visit your Instawallet URL.

steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:59:10 PM

Yeah appreciate the clarification. Smiley

First of all I thought that you would pay out people over the next few months depending on when they claimed.

So we will know in 48 hours how much we will get back?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: