Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:59:58 PM

Well fuck me. I only had less than 1 BTC on IW, but only because of Davout running his idiot mouth about how unhackable they were and their intrusion detection countermeasures, and because I didn't want to maintain a bitcoind any longer. Only myself to blame, I guess. When does the claims process start?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:20:57 PM

What I would like to know is where is the proceeds of my withdrawal I made on the 29th Mar from Bitcoin-central. If this is an instawallet issue why am I affected?

I am also waiting on a response about this. I have emailed,phoned and Pm'd. No reply as yet.  Angry
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:16:10 PM

What I would like to know is where is the proceeds of my withdrawal I made on the 29th Mar from Bitcoin-central. If this is an instawallet issue why am I affected?

I am also waiting on a response about this. I have emailed,phoned and Pm'd. No reply as yet.  Angry
I replied to your PM.
Additionnally, I am opening a thread about bitcoin-central resuming services.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:22:28 PM

I hope that Paymium are not going to require Instawallet account holders to give up their anonymity, for our claims to be processed.

The Instawallet service was offered as a totally anonymous service, with no personal details required to use it. Thats how I used it. Its important that Paymium stick to that agreement and allows account holders to make a claim with just the URL and BTC address.

I hope that people who don't care about anonymity (for trifling amounts on Instawallet at least) have the option to add extra information which might be useful in retrieving value more quickly and safely, and in a way which reduces overhead.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
steelboy

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:45:28 PM

I replied to your PM.

Hi

I'm afraid you didn't reply to my question at all.

I understand your claim process for wallets but I asked specifically about money that was sent out of a wallet before the hack. I believe I am not the only one to have asked about this.

This money was sent from my wallet to another wallet of mine. Another transfer that was sent after was received in the same destination wallet.

There can be no doubt about the ownership of this money and as it should have been processed before I would like this dealt with as a matter oif urgency.  Sad

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 06:05:04 PM

I might as well put this here too.

All the legal information about the company is here.
For a few euros you can also get the list of the shareholders.
The corporate headquarter is in Boulogne. It's in the suburbs of Paris, you can go there with the metro. The offices are probably at the same place but the datacenter (and davout) might be anywhere in or around Paris.

Thanks, bud. I feel better now knowing that IW has been found and the police are guarding it as exhibit A.

(As they say in the trade, this photo is unretouched.)

Sometimes, you just can't make this SHIT up.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:41:44 PM

Who was stupid enough to have more than 50 BTC there?
Who was stupid enough to have more than 1 BTC there?
Who was stupid enough to have more than 0.1 BTC there?
(show of hands)

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:55:18 PM

(show of hands)

Around 20.  I've had more than that on exchanges where I also do not control the secret keys.  I'm sure nobody is stupid enough to leave value in control of an exchange, gambling site, etc, etc, for any length of time, right?

In fact, days before the hack I sent 20 to Mt. Gox having become sufficiently concerned about the value thanks to the price rise and wishing to split up my pocket change for this reason.  20 BTC was worth around $50.00 when I put them into Instawallet.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
seot

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:00:41 PM

(show of hands)

Smiley  I´ve got only a little change there
mike938

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:15:09 PM

I replied to your PM.

Hi

I understand your claim process for wallets but I asked specifically about money that was sent out of a wallet before the hack. I believe I am not the only one to have asked about this.

This money was sent from my wallet to another wallet of mine. Another transfer that was sent after was received in the same destination wallet.

There can be no doubt about the ownership of this money and as it should have been processed before I would like this dealt with as a matter oif urgency.  Sad

I was another wondering about this as well.
I still have the page open with "Your transaction has been saved and will be sent shortly" showing and I don't really feel like waiting 3 months for something that should've been sent out before this all occurred.
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 11:30:04 PM

It has nothing to with stupidity: some people are just ....rich, most of them are not stupid.
However Instawallet was certainly not designed to hold the equivalent of over 5000 USD on a single url..

Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 11:46:53 PM

I replied to your PM.

Hi

I understand your claim process for wallets but I asked specifically about money that was sent out of a wallet before the hack.

I am afraid we have more questions than answers at this time: how do we know that your transaction happened "before" the hack ?
We know only for sure that the service suspension happened after the hack.
Until we are sure of that, we need to gather as much information as we can (in the 90 day period).
You will have the opportunity to cryptographically prove the ownership of your wallet but we are going to favor thoroughness and fairness over speed.

twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:14:32 AM

I replied to your PM.

Hi

I understand your claim process for wallets but I asked specifically about money that was sent out of a wallet before the hack.

I am afraid we have more questions than answers at this time: how do we know that your transaction happened "before" the hack ?
Until we are sure of that, we need to gather as much information as we can (in the 90 day period).
You will have the opportunity to cryptographically prove the ownership of your wallet but we are going to favor thoroughness and fairness over speed.

Boussac, do you keep to history for each URL? If so, then client who has transferred coins to an address during time that is well before the hack, for example, two weeks before or even a month ago, then if he/she requested the refund to send back to that already used address, this is a strong proof and should put up on higher priority than claim sequence.
Agree?
( I know instawallet actually move the fund out of each URL linked address, so when client moving fund, the transfer-out address is not the URL-linked address but a hot wallet address, but installawallet should have internal database to link the two )
coinuser4000

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:33:23 AM

I replied to your PM.

Hi

What will you do for people that only have the URL, without the btc address associated with that url?

cointorox ✦ 
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓  
✦ ────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 02:08:25 AM

I replied to your PM.

Hi

What will you do for people that only have the URL, without the btc address associated with that url?

+1 (actually two addresses)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 05:22:37 AM

a police report was filed by Paymium with BEFTI ( Brigade d’Enquêtes sur les Fraudes aux Technologies de l’Information, a unit of the French "Police Judiciaire") and an investigation is in progress.

I desire to know the police report file number. And don't even think about using the excuse that that's privy information.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:46:40 AM

When will you reveal how many BTC were stolen?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
steelboy

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:32:47 AM

I replied to your PM.

Hi

So you don't know when the database was acquired? What was it that made you find out?

One thing I do know is the funds in that wallet were there in full before the service suspension and in this case I will be expecting a refund on the full contents of that wallet. I do not think that is unreasonable.
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 03:26:41 PM

Per my original post, when the claim process starts (hopefully next week), your url will bring up a pre-populated form, including your IW bitcoin address and balance on record.
There will be a warning advising people to not use that bitcoin address anymore.

steelboy

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:40:40 PM

Per my original post, when the claim process starts (hopefully next week), your url will bring up a pre-populated form, including your IW bitcoin address and balance on record.
There will be a warning advising people to not use that bitcoin address anymore.

Thanks for that info, can we please get a crime reference number so we can verify that this has been reported to the police. Many people have mentioned this but a yet no response has been given.

This info is not senstive and it will ease some peoples minds.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: