Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:11:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 11:10:32 PM

Still have the same problem.
Some wallets just don't want to upload and still show me this message :

The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

Is anyone experiencing this ?

@ Boussac,

j'ai encore des wallets qui ne veulent pas s'afficher et affichent encore un message d'erreur.

Je suis pourtant bien sûr de les avoir créées, certaines sont peut-être vides mais il m'en manque une principale. Est-il possible que certaines wallets, trop récentes, ne s'affichent pas et donnent encore ce message d'erreur ?

en vous remerciant d'avant pour votre réponse

If your wallet was created around April 1, it is possible that it was tampered with in the database. We will examine the grey zone claims after July 1st.

Thank you for your response.

I had 7 wallets at instawallet.org. For the moment, only 3 have been claimed succesfully.

The ones which are not working have been created on January, February, March and the latest one on the 1st of April.

Seems like the claim process isn't functionning perfectly by itself  Undecided

I'd like to see my 7 wallets taken into account...

Thank you

Your request has been heard.
It seems perfectly legitimate specially for the wallets that were unfunded until after April 1st.
The "page not found" allows you now to file a claim for a "missing wallet".

Here is what it reads:
"Your wallet maybe missing because it received funds only after April 1st when instawallet was suspended.
If that is the case, please use the comment field to tell us the transaction that you would to be taken into account for a refund.
Please do not report a missing wallet if it did not receive any transaction."

Just like people could abuse the service by storing large amounts of coins on instwallet (a service that was clearly not designed to that end), some people may file bogus claims.
I hope there will not be too many of them as this would result in longer processing time for legitimate requests.

If I told you once, I told you a thousand times, use...

Now, even with a sore butt, I'm still able to ask for the umpteenth time: What is the police report number?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:29:09 AM

Now, even with a sore butt, I'm still able to ask for the umpteenth time: What is the police report number?

Dude!  give it up already.  You are clearly beating a dead horse here.   Honoré de Ballsack is obviously going to ignore this question and many others and hope that he can buy enough time to make a clean escape.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 04:22:49 AM

Dude!  give it up already.  You are clearly beating a dead horse here.   Honoré de Ballsack is obviously going to ignore this question and many others and hope that he can buy enough time to make a clean escape.

I wonder if he'll give us the police report number before I see his ass in San Jose.
Keimoasd

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:51:09 AM

Is the July 1st the earliest possible date to get our funds back or is it the date for last claimer to get his/her funds back?

In other words, if I made the claim in first 24 hours of the process starting, when will my coins be refunded?

English is not my first language, so the questons may be little strangly formed.

Why was my simple question beeing ignored Sad
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:52:31 AM

Is the July 1st the earliest possible date to get our funds back or is it the date for last claimer to get his/her funds back?

In other words, if I made the claim in first 24 hours of the process starting, when will my coins be refunded?

English is not my first language, so the questons may be little strangly formed.

Because that is how they treat the customers.
Keimoasd

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:05:11 AM

I can't understand why is this taking so long. I only had one wallet with less than 20 BTC in it. I provided them with my personal gmail and bitcointalk forum nick.

There should be absolutly no doubt that I am a legitemate owner of those BTC. I understand that it has been less than a week since the claim process started but three months is way too long to wait.

Value is crashing and at this point of view the BTC could be worth next to nothing after three months of waiting...
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 10:17:04 AM

Your question was not ignored: it was answered before you asked.
I appreciate the fact that this thread is spammed by 2 or 3 trolls who lack the most basic respect to other claimants and to me (they presume me guilty until proven innocent) by posting dozens of posts.

However I recommend that you read my posts before asking:

After 90 days, if no other claim has been received for the same url, your Instawallet balance under 50 BTC will be refunded.

If claims are filed by someone who has had access to our database and we refund claims immediately, what do we do when the legitimate owner comes along with his claim perhaps a week later ?
By any standard, 90 days is a reasonable time frame for most instawallet owners to retrieve their urls and submit their claims in due time.

steelboy

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:42:24 AM

I appreciate the fact that this thread is spammed by 2 or 3 trolls who lack the most basic respect to other claimants and to me (they presume me guilty until proven innocent) by posting dozens of posts.

After 90 days, if no other claim has been received for the same url, your Instawallet balance under 50 BTC will be refunded.

If claims are filed by someone who has had access to our database and we refund claims immediately, what do we do when the legitimate owner comes along with his claim perhaps a week later ?
By any standard, 90 days is a reasonable time frame for most instawallet owners to retrieve their urls and submit their claims in due time.

Hi Boussac. I hope you are not counting me as one of the trolls.  Huh

If you are not going to give us the police report number can you at least give us a reason why you will not give it to us?

This might help us understand your situation.
pyedpyper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:48:00 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 12:29:27 PM by pyedpyper

Boussac,

Your comments are disengenious.

It is you who lack the most basic respect.

You have been asked, cordially and amicably, over and and over again by multiple people, if you would please supply the police report file number for the case you claim has been opened with the French police.

And you have ignored that question every single time. This is disrespectful in the extreme.

If you had simply provided this information in the first instance then none of the charges currently being leveled against you and Paymium would have been voiced.

The fact that you continue to refuse to provided this basic information in order to corroborate your claim that this has been been reported to the authorities, sheds a very negative light on you personally and on Paymium as a company.

At worst you are lying about the case being opened, at best you are being grossly unprofessional by not providing this information. And to call people "trolls" because they have become frustrated by your lack of professionalism is pathetic.

You are behaving like a child quite frankly, and if you are the COO for Paymium, that says a lot about the company.
pyedpyper

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:49:50 AM

If you are not going to give us the police report number can you at least give us a reason why you will not give it to us?

Bet you a million bitcoins he ignores your question.
steelboy

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:57:27 AM

Bet you a million bitcoins he ignores your question.

LOL.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 06:18:55 PM

I see how the game is played now: Hack your own sites, claim money was stolen, claim to fill out a police report, ignore all requests from those who entrusted you with their assets, then call them trolls for requesting a simple number to set them at ease.

You sir, are one sick mother fucker!
pyedpyper

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:42:47 PM

I see how the game is played now: Hack your own sites, claim money was stolen, claim to fill out a police report, ignore all requests from those who entrusted you with their assets, then call them trolls for requesting a simple number to set them at ease.

Couldn't agree more...

Paymium are not to be trusted as a company.

And if there is one hint of fraud in this they're going down for sure.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 08:09:55 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 04:34:52 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Couldn't agree more...

Paymium are not to be trusted as a company.

And if there is one hint of fraud in this they're going down for sure.

All else aside, the one hint is the lack of a police report number (and possibly them being one sick motherfuckers).
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 10:39:50 PM

Unignore

Couldn't agree more...

All ease aside, the one hint is the lack of a police report number (and possibly them being one sick motherfuckers).

Ignore

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 11:12:59 PM

Unignore

Couldn't agree more...

All ease aside, the one hint is the lack of a police report number (and possibly them being one sick motherfuckers).

Ignore

And that, my friends, shows exactly what type of individual we are dealing with here.

Quite frankly, I seriously don't have a clue as to who was running InstaWallet after reading the following:

I can't withdraw my funds but the tx has over 15 confirmations  Embarrassed hopefully this is just a glitch and they haven't been hacked.
You should now be able to withdraw your coins. And no, nothing was hacked Smiley

THE VERY NEXT POST.

I love the new design of the home page. And the fact that it has NEVER been hacked.
Stephan, Arsy and davout you are doing a great job with Instawallet.

Theymos, exactly what would it take for you to give all these fucks a scammer tag? Wait till after 90 days? Why can't they give us a police report number? It's not like the police are going to give vitals of the report to just anybody that calls, but they would assure us that one was placed when Boussac said he filed one.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:05:04 AM

Funds were stolen: a police report was filed by Paymium with BEFTI ( Brigade d’Enquêtes sur les Fraudes aux Technologies de l’Information, a unit of the French "Police Judiciaire") and an investigation is in progress.

Do you have a case number please?

If several claims have been filed for the same url, we will process those claims on a case by case basis, under the presumption that the claim we received first belongs to the legitimate balance holder.

This seems wrong.  If the attacker and the rightful owner both have the same 'secret URL' why would you think the first one to claim would be the rightful owner?  It would be better to have people prove ownership by signing messages with addresses used to deposit to the wallet before the attack.  If I can prove I both (a) know the secret URL and (b) control an address that deposited to the wallet before your security blunder then it's very likely my wallet.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:11:40 AM

I posted this in another thread- but why not get a bounty together and hire a private detective to find the guys behind paymium?

more or less retired.
pyedpyper

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:18:16 AM

Unignore

Couldn't agree more...

Ignore

Why not just give the police report number Boussac?

Can't you see that people are getting angry for this reason alone?

If you just provided the information that so many people are asking for then all this unpleasantness could be avoided.

You are 100% personally creating this situation.
pyedpyper

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:20:15 AM

Funds were stolen: a police report was filed by Paymium with BEFTI ( Brigade d’Enquêtes sur les Fraudes aux Technologies de l’Information, a unit of the French "Police Judiciaire") and an investigation is in progress.

Do you have a case number please?

If several claims have been filed for the same url, we will process those claims on a case by case basis, under the presumption that the claim we received first belongs to the legitimate balance holder.

This seems wrong.  If the attacker and the rightful owner both have the same 'secret URL' why would you think the first one to claim would be the rightful owner?  It would be better to have people prove ownership by signing messages with addresses used to deposit to the wallet before the attack.  If I can prove I both (a) know the secret URL and (b) control an address that deposited to the wallet before your security blunder then it's very likely my wallet.

I have asked the same questions repeatedly. He has ignored.

He will probably ignore you too. Definitely your first question...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: