Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:24:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426872 times)
shadypepe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:33:27 PM

I mine Yacoin at http://yac.coinmine.pl/

is it worth it atm with nvidia? what kind of configuration are you running? thanks in advance!

edit: k32x2 with a 760 4gb oc gives me 2.4 khash/s. can i optimise that? should i overclock the memory clock more? (currently at 6300) thanks again!

Im running a GTX 760 2GB oced (+190 CPU clock, +442 mem clock) with -l K47x2 -L 4 getting 2.7 khash/s. It's only stable for scrypt-jane, if i do anything other e.g. opening a website the display driver crashes. But i use an older release of cudaminer, as i don't get the same or better results with the latest release. IIRC it is the release with the first lookup gap function, but i can't check atm, im at work.

You should definitely oc your card imho, without it's wasted potential.

The pool is ok, they are bit slow to confirm shares, but i can live with that, as they have no fees.

thanks a lot! i'm getting 0.5 khash/s with that though. but at least now 3.2 gb of my video ram are used (compared to about 2.1 with k32x2)

I mine Yacoin at http://yac.coinmine.pl/

is it worth it atm with nvidia? what kind of configuration are you running? thanks in advance!

edit: k32x2 with a 760 4gb oc gives me 2.4 khash/s. can i optimise that? should i overclock the memory clock more? (currently at 6300) thanks again!
try -H 2 -C 0 -i 0 -l K6x32

thank you too, i seem to be stupid at this though, this gives me a lot of erros with "result does not validate on cpu". hmm, what am i doing wrong? Wink

edit: ahh my gpu isn't in 3d mode i guess, it's just running at half speed. is that a specialty with scrypt-jane?

CZd9oh4FWe4f1TB69YyedxnuGyHt21zEPu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skyvahaerie

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:44:23 PM

As i said i use an older release of cudaminer. With the more recent releases Christian changed the memory allocation, so my values won't get you anything mostlikely, other from the fact that you can get more out of your card.

if no one else has some more up to date values for you, the way to go is trial&error. Run autotune or benchmark with different L values and see what happens.

For the 3D mode im to noob to understand how it works, but several people observed that opening a browser seems to enable 3D mode for more performance (don't nail me on that though)
shadypepe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:51:55 PM

As i said i use an older release of cudaminer. With the more recent releases Christian changed the memory allocation, so my values won't get you anything mostlikely, other from the fact that you can get more out of your card.

if no one else has some more up to date values for you, the way to go is trial&error. Run autotune or benchmark with different L values and see what happens.

For the 3D mode im to noob to understand how it works, but several people observed that opening a browser seems to enable 3D mode for more performance (don't nail me on that though)

ok thanks again for your help, i shall reboot now, because for now i'm having this problem that my gpu doesn't clock up for all my miner configurations, even scrypt or keccak

CZd9oh4FWe4f1TB69YyedxnuGyHt21zEPu
ManIkWeet

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:33:26 PM

A good software engineer like Chris costs at least $85/hour in the US. I don't think that the bounty being offered here is fair! You guys made tons of money and based on the donations seen here the developer did not make more than $500 dollars. If writing software was easy then the cost of Bitcoin solutions would be lower including the cost of asics.

To be fair the bounty for this type of work should be 10 BTC or equivalent in LTC.
I am pretty sure Mr. C got donated more than $500... Which is a good thing!

BTC donations: 18fw6ZjYkN7xNxfVWbsRmBvD6jBAChRQVn (thanks!)
ThomasMuller

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:55:28 PM

A good software engineer like Chris costs at least $85/hour in the US. I don't think that the bounty being offered here is fair! You guys made tons of money and based on the donations seen here the developer did not make more than $500 dollars. If writing software was easy then the cost of Bitcoin solutions would be lower including the cost of asics.

To be fair the bounty for this type of work should be 10 BTC or equivalent in LTC.

I hope so!  Wink
archtme

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:05:10 PM

This may be a weird question but I'm not entirely familiar with the mining process. Would a dual GPU GFX perform better than a single GPU which is about as fast as the dual one?

For example Radeon 7990 vs R9 290X
skyvahaerie

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:08:22 PM

This may be a weird question but I'm not entirely familiar with the mining process. Would a dual GPU GFX perform better than a single GPU which is about as fast as the dual one?

Cudaminer does not work with Ati afaik.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:11:45 PM

assuming the number of cuda core is doubled, it should work twice as fast (?)
(I have seen some rumors about a gtx790...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Morgahl

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:13:06 PM

From just the MAXcoin release alone I'm personally aware of a greater then 1 BTC donation, well earned and well deserved too.

If he wants to pursue the offer he can, all his choice. I have a friend that is looking into this as he did some large prime libraries a few yeas back (not GPU though) I dunno if he will do anything at all with it though so don't get excited.
Morgahl

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:15:49 PM

ok thanks again for your help, i shall reboot now, because for now i'm having this problem that my gpu doesn't clock up for all my miner configurations, even scrypt or keccak

I've had that occur during a soft crash of the graphics drivers. A few people have found ways to reset the drivers without a restart but it do not recall the process, so unless they re-share it it's just a simple restart needed.
cbuchner1 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:36:21 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 06:35:30 PM by cbuchner1

Anyone here in my thread mining not just for fun, but seriously for profit as well?  Having a farm of AMD cards in your garage or basement?

nVidia is looking to get in touch with miners to interview them about their expectations for mining related products.  Just be aware that you would be helping nVidia with your information and not your favorite GPU manufacturer AMD Wink

PM me with a brief summary of what you're mining and how and I can get you in touch.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:37:56 PM

I've had that occur during a soft crash of the graphics drivers. A few people have found ways to reset the drivers without a restart but it do not recall the process, so unless they re-share it it's just a simple restart needed.
I asked that too before the maxcoin frenzy... thought it was lost... doing a search on the thread worked.
It is called gfx clock fixer.
If you do a search on the thread you should find a link to that software

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
archtme

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:12:52 PM

Are you guys mining Microcoin with cudaminer? If so, could anyone link their .cmd settings?
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:25:49 PM

Anyone here in my thread mining not just for fun, but seriously for profit as well?  Having a farms of AMD cards in your garage or basement?

nVidia is looking to get in touch with miners to interview them about their expectations for mining related products.  Just be aware that you would be helping nVidia with your information and not your favorite GPU manufacturer AMD Wink

PM me with a brief summary of what you're mining and how and I can get you in touch.

If nVidia is really looking to miners, please tell them to get drama out of the way.

Nobody here fundamentally cares about marketing, drama, fanboyism, "favorite GPU manufacturers", divide and conquer to put people into camps and everything Nvidia is used to. I could go on saying that yes, so does AMD and Intel, Ubuntu vs Windows is equally idiotic and much more. The fact that "so do others", does not invalidate the point.

Coin mining is not about NVidia, PC gaming or Ubuntu. What matters is the point of view of the miner: ROI, hassle-free, getting out of the way, etc... I will buy Nvidia devices if it's the best for me, not for them.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ThomasMuller

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:30:17 PM

Anyone here in my thread mining not just for fun, but seriously for profit as well?  Having a farms of AMD cards in your garage or basement?

If nVidia is really looking to miners, please tell them to get drama out of the way.

Nobody here fundamentally cares about marketing, drama, fanboyism, "favorite GPU manufacturers", divide and conquer to put people into camps and everything Nvidia is used to. I could go on saying that yes, so does AMD and Intel, Ubuntu vs Windows is equally idiotic and much more. The fact that "so do others", does not invalidate the point.

Coin mining is not about NVidia, PC gaming or Ubuntu. What matters is the point of view of the miner: ROI, hassle-free, getting out of the way, etc... I will buy Nvidia devices if it's the best for me, not for them.

We want NVidia because they are the underdogs!
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:35:36 PM

I work managing mining farms, so yeah, that would interest me.

Beating the R7 240 4GB 2.8kh/s perf at n factor 14 would be interesting, with lower power, whilst also being able to mine lower n factor coins.
The 780 is an amazing card but if they could come up with a card with less non essential parts for mining (ROPs for instance) it would be really awesome, since the power efficiency of the green cards and their slightly lower integer performance is what holds them back.
cbuchner1 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:38:04 PM

[If nVidia is really looking to miners, please tell them to get drama out of the way.

Nobody here fundamentally cares about marketing, drama, fanboyism,

I beg to differ. Mention nVidia on litecoinmining and similar subreddits and get laughed at. They don't even seem to care if their arguments are outdated or untrue. It's that bad, really. The only nVidia friendly community are the DOGE guys.

Christian
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:46:22 PM

A good start would be a complete CUDA engine with "4.0+" capabilities. What's does that 4.0+ mean? A device that has uncrippled integer performance (my 760 is crippled because only on 3.5 there are shifters???  Roll Eyes) that without hardware assist already offers 500Kh/s scrypt for 200€ (compared with the 470Kh/s at 170€ for R9-270). That '+' means dedicated transistors for one or more SHA2 units (if I have a damn clue what I'm talking about  Tongue) and whatever other acceleration possible without being too costly.

Then, resale value and power usage. For resale value, perhaps video out is necessary. At worst I can still sell it as a used videocard, unlike those Tesla server units. Power usage means unlocked undervolting, power/performance profiles, etc...

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
manofcolombia

Activity: 84

SizzleBits

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:50:27 PM

Mined MRC for 18 hours yesterday with 2 660 ti's and came up with half a million. Just sold 250,000 for 0.25 LTC. Normally I make .2 LTC in 24 hours Smiley

Plus I like the big big numbers...makes it feel like I'm actually doing something haha.
Anyone Solo Mining MRC?

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:50:32 PM

A good start would be a complete CUDA engine with "4.0+" capabilities. What's does that 4.0+ mean? A device that has uncrippled integer performance (my 760 is crippled because only on 3.5 there are shifters???  Roll Eyes) that without hardware assist already offers 500Kh/s scrypt for 200€ (compared with the 470Kh/s at 170€ for R9-270). That '+' means dedicated transistors for one or more SHA2 units (if I have a damn clue what I'm talking about  Tongue) and whatever other acceleration possible without being too costly.

Then, resale value and power usage. For resale value, perhaps video out is necessary. At worst I can still sell it as a used videocard, unlike those Tesla server units. Power usage means unlocked undervolting, power/performance profiles, etc...
What you want is some sort of asic build by nvidia... a graphic card without video out lol

djm34 facebook page
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: