Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:16:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [2] countdown!  (Read 141505 times)
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:17:44 PM

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
Schlemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.
We're gonna do it!
Give us any chance, we'll take it.
Give us any rule, we'll break it.
We're gonna make our dreams come true.
Doin' it our way.
Nothin's gonna turn us back now,
Straight ahead and on the track now.
We're gonna make our dreams come true,
Doin' it our way.
There is nothing we won't try,
Never heard the word impossible.
This time there's no stopping us.
We're gonna do it.
On your mark, get set, and go now,
Got a dream and we just know now,
We're gonna make our dream come true.
And we'll do it our way, yes our way.
Make all our dreams come true,
And do it our way, yes our way,
Make all our dreams come true
For me and you.

initially the "5, 6, 7, 8" prompted me to go looking for how to spell "Schlemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated" but the lyrics to this song hit me as strangely fitting so i posted them all, lol.  

*edit* added http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ZXjY5rTHg for those unfamiliar w/ this classic

Great, now that stupid song is in my head.  Gotta go watch Facts of Life or Different Strokes theme songs...

it's hard to read without singing it to yourself, right?  Smiley

i think your strategy may just get more songs stuck in your head but best of luck!
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:46:52 PM

I sincerely don't understand why I'm being criticized for my posts where I simply underline facts and demand for explainations.
I think that I will liquidate it as a failed trolling attempt.

I'll explain why.

You aren't saying anything with any real value.  Everyone who is waiting for an Avalon is very excited to receive it.  Publicly asking Yifu for an update may or may not help us receive an update but publicly accusing Yifu and Avalon of corruption and fraud is uncalled for

I wouldn't reply to your comments either, it would just be a waste of time.  If Yifu responded with Hey Cedivad, I'm very sorry but we have met some delays and we haven't shipped your order yet, we plan to ship on XX/XX/XX.  I would expect that, based on your previous posts, that you would be quite upset and continue to explain how terrible Avalon and Yifu are. 

So is it worth his time to update you if it's just going to make you more upset?  No!  The only way you'll be happy is when you receive news that your Avalon has shipped.  So I'd rather he focus his time on shipping the Avalons rather than answering your posts.  Yifu is likely busy with more important things than answering your aggressive post.  Let the man work, you'll get your Avalon soon enough, and just be glad you didn't order from BFL.

+1

They will come...
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:43:06 PM

and just be glad you didn't order from BFL.
I actually ordered from BFL, i refused to pay back in september when i smelled problems.
Avalon failed to give any credible explanations for these delays, while, at the same time, the network hashrate is growing at the same exact speed they claimed they where manufacturing batch 1 products at.

What does that tells you?
That there is a shortage of capacitors and resistors in China?

You have a fab that produces money making machines. Do you shut the fab down for 2 months?

You are correct, i should never have tried to explain facts and expect explanations on bitcointalk, because i magically become the one to blame.

If there are 1000 trade ins paid each 75btc, that's 75kbtc. If they also start selling the "avalon mini" during these weeks, that's another 3000 (survey number) * 20 btc (made up price) = 60kbtc. That would bring the grand total of btc in preorders to avalon this year alone to 285kbtc. That's only 41 million dollars. All whitout delivering a single product paid this year. BFL looks like a virgin compared to that.

And i'm the one to blame!
Dude,

Sometimes there is something more important than money even though we are talking for millions!
For instance i am unplugging everything for 10 days for my vacation i do not care how much it will cost. I just do not wanna think about it.
Same can happen with anybody for any amount

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
bennybong

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:35:40 PM

Quote from: Bitsyncom
I must confess it has been my intention to stay away from the forums from the start as I enjoy being in the state of "doing" rather than in the acts of "blowing hot air". Alas, I do what I must.
wsoei

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:51:42 PM

I actually ordered from BFL, i refused to pay back in september when i smelled problems.
Avalon failed to give any credible explanations for these delays, while, at the same time, the network hashrate is growing at the same exact speed they claimed they where manufacturing batch 1 products at.

You have a fab that produces money making machines. Do you shut the fab down for 2 months?

You are correct, i should never have tried to explain facts and expect explanations on bitcointalk, because i magically become the one to blame.

If there are 1000 trade ins paid each 75btc, that's 75kbtc. If they also start selling the "avalon mini" during these weeks, that's another 3000 (survey number) * 20 btc (made up price) = 60kbtc. That would bring the grand total of btc in preorders to avalon this year alone to 285kbtc. That's only 41 million dollars. All whitout delivering a single product paid this year. BFL looks like a virgin compared to that.

Dude,

Sometimes there is something more important than money even though we are talking for millions!
For instance i am unplugging everything for 10 days for my vacation i do not care how much it will cost. I just do not wanna think about it.

Thats fine to say if it only effects you -- as a choice.  When it involves other people, thats a different story.  People have different priorities with their money.  People are here to get ahead in the game.  If money wasn't that big of a deal, they could just go back to a 9-5 job and forget bitcoin and be happy.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:57:51 PM

Quote from: Bitsyncom
I must confess it has been my intention to stay away from the forums from the start as I enjoy being in the state of "doing" rather than in the acts of "blowing hot air". Alas, I do what I must.
I think that sentiment is fine IF he did not take millions of dollars from hundreds of people to finance his venture.   He is obliged to update these people until he fulfills what he agreed upon.   He does not need to "blow hot air" on the forum, he has the email addresses and can send an TWO MINUTE update to these people.   To not do so is rude.
One of the problems with bitcoin in general is the largest "bitcoin" companies are all run by people that do not give a shit about their customers which gives the impression that they only care about themselves.   I would argue that FriedCat is the most responsive large business in bitcoin and then Mt Gox.   This is sad.

Butterfly Labs (not a customer interaction model that yifu should emualate)

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:50:25 PM

I have 206.5BTC on the line.  Am I concerned - yes.  Am I going to constantly worry about it - no. Worrying gets me nowhere and just messes up one's health.

Yifu will post an update when they are ready.  Until then I'm letting the last of my GPUs squeak out a few BTC.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:09:00 PM

Dude,

Thats fine to say if it only effects you -- as a choice.  When it involves other people, thats a different story.  People have different priorities with their money.  People are here to get ahead in the game.  If money wasn't that big of a deal, they could just go back to a 9-5 job and forget bitcoin and be happy.
I am just saying that it is not the end of the world for me and for other people also. I agree that it is personal choice but my choice is to die poor i will not need the money in afterlife. So we have to spend them in one way or another. How can this happen working 7x24?Wink

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:25:33 PM

I am just saying that it is not the end of the world for me and for other people also. I agree that it is personal choice but my choice is to die poor i will not need the money in afterlife. So we have to spend them in one way or another. How can this happen working 7x24?Wink
Sure, money isn't as important as having a great life - however i think that we all agree on that and that it's not exactly in topic. Losing money surely doesn't bring to a better life.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
wsoei

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Dude,

24/7 Mining Machines =p.  The machines just have to reach their destination in an orderly time.  Its just as you said.  Money isn't the end all.  However, it's still important -- as a leverage tool for the long term. 
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:29:01 PM

bad news: at least two more weeks(or one more diff adjustment if you prefer), you heard it here first. Sad

the noose is tightening as each day passes.I'm not all in per se. But was hoping things worked out fairly well.

Avalanche is a must own
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:37:30 PM

bad news: at least two more weeks(or one more diff adjustment if you prefer), you heard it here first. Sad

Source pls

he's in china and has > 20 trade-in icarus boards.

Avalon is too busy mining the avalons right now to ship them. but of course since they are all built and working when they have made ROI for miners low enough they will be able to ship them super quick like they said.
bennybong

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:53:09 PM

Avalon is too busy mining the avalons right now to ship them. but of course since they are all built and working when they have made ROI for miners low enough they will be able to ship them super quick like they said.

I just don't see why someone (let alone Avalon, who already have millions of our $$$) would do that. Plus we can see the network hashrate from our end, anyone noticed 600 Avalons come online?  Roll Eyes
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:22:03 PM

I don't imagine they would be mining.  They have said they are not and Yifu has made a point to say that none of his staff even have their own miners.  In my opinion Avalon has not been shown to be unethical or liars, quite the opposite.  Yes, dates have slipped and it sucks big time but I would't jump to the conclusion that it is because they are mining or intentionally screwing us or anything.

My guess is it's delays getting the SMT line in order but they are reluctant to tell us until there is some good news to report too.  Unfortunately, I think that "good news" will be that batch 3 will be closer on our tails but it is what it is.

As a great poet once said:

You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

Zen people, zen.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:26:02 PM

I don't imagine they would be mining.  They have said they are not and Yifu has made a point to say that none of his staff even have their own miners.  In my opinion Avalon has not been shown to be unethical or liars, quite the opposite.  Yes, dates have slipped and it sucks big time but I would't jump to the conclusion that it is because they are mining or intentionally screwing us or anything.

My guess is it's delays getting the SMT line in order but they are reluctant to tell us until there is some good news to report too.  Unfortunately, I think that "good news" will be that batch 3 will be closer on our tails but it is what it is.

As a great poet once said:

You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

Zen people, zen.

Monkee are you high, or just have too much Nickelodeon playing at home  Huh Cheesy
WinTame2012

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:31:18 PM

My guess is it's delays getting the SMT line in order but they are reluctant to tell us until there is some good news to report too.  
This. Handling bad news this way is a part of oriental mentality AFAIK.

Edit: Please get it as a supporting message.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:46:40 PM

I just don't see why someone (let alone Avalon, who already have millions of our $$$) would do that. Plus we can see the network hashrate from our end, anyone noticed 600 Avalons come online?  Roll Eyes

Greed, the same reason why the fools who bought batch3 at 100BTC are boned.

Do you really think they took a break with so much money on the line? Do you really think they are just storing them in a warehouse doing nothing until they ship? If it were me, I'd be mining too. I just would say so and not keep making up BS excuses to the "dumb client base fighting for table scraps".

here it is https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate

The real question then will be when batch 2 and 3 "ship" will we see the hash rate jump, or drop for a bit?

Will they try to slow it, so it's not noticeable?

They have a monopoly, they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want. Including not shipping at all and walking with all the BTC and the hardware and orders.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:55:21 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 09:08:12 PM by cedivad

Will they try to slow it, so it's not noticeable?
They need 2 more weeks so that they can build batch 2 units with another fab working together with the first one. The first fab is doing their avalons, and will keep to do so; the hashrate will keep increasing at the same constant speed.
In the meanwhile, with the second fab, they will build and ship the customer's avalons, unafecting the hashrate until when they ship.

This is my best guess (and was not formulated today).

What i'm quite sure of is that a batch 2/3 avalon will have a minimum roi of 75btc. If they don't make their customers take their money back due to their greed, they will have problems. So i'm guessing that a batch 2 avalon will mine 100btc, a batch 3 75btc.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:58:01 PM

we discussed batch3 price for a long time.
personally, i do think this is a reasonable price.
batch#1: 1300USD + your trust,  batch#2: 1500USD + your trust, batch#3 = ?
why batch 1 and batch2 customers will enjoy such a low USD price and extremly high profit? because they put their valuable trust on us.

last September, most of you think we have little chance to win, or could be a crappy scam, you don't buy.
this January, considerable people think we take Jeff down or just spent 400K to make a prototype, you don't buy.
now, everything on track, machines delivered to your hands are only a matter of time. you want to buy them at a same price or something like 2000USD.

OK, please tell me, what is the price of people most valuable things "trust" should be? 500USD? no, 5000USD at least.
as a core developer, i look upon all Avalons as my son. i will send them to who believe us, not the faithless or buzzard.

As you have said it is all about trust.  When I paid you almost $10000 worth of Bitcoin for a batch 2 Avalon, it was obvious from reports on this forum and the difficulty that you didn't have the batch 1 machines ready.  I knew I was paying you to finish the goods you already sold in addition to building my Avalon.  But I trusted you to do what you said you would, and be honorable about the deal.

Now, you are rich and don't need my money.  And it seems like you forget who trusted you to help you get over the hump to where you are today.  Difficulty suggests you have my Avalon, and you are 6 weeks late on shipping them from your promise when I ordered.

Your partner has time to be the hero in Wired magazine, but cannot answer simple questions, like when will you keep your promises to the people who trusted you.

People will remember you cheating them out of a few dollars for a long time.  Much longer than they will remember your accomplishment of delivering the first Bitcoin ASIC.

I hope you take immediate action to restore the trust I gave you.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:00:59 PM

Guys, give them a break - no news is good news. They updated on the 15th, they said there was a small delay, chill and stop freaking out, its pointless.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: