Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:41:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Zcash worth to invest in it?  (Read 36143 times)
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:34:41 PM

Most projects actually starts out with a lot of potential and with lots of the next big thing and Zcash was not an exception couple with other coin that were still developed relying on the Zcash platform such as ZCL or ZDASH. But the issue is just that their real value is after the all mighty paparazzi and the support afterwards but I think Zcash still has some potential to be better its a matter of time whether worth it to invest or not, I will say that will rely on personal opinion...
kumax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

🚀 🌏

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:21:46 PM

ZCash is probably hitting the lowest value since it's birth right now, today. Right now, I'm buying a lot of it as I'm predicting a good panic-buying for by tomorrow. The value, in my opinion, should get back up to almost 0.05 BTC till tomorrow.

It seems you were right, since today morning the price started to grow.
It is quite slow movement, but I think it is good, because we all know what usually happens to an altcoin when it gains its price too quickly.  Wink Grin
lambofan

Activity: 209

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 05:39:49 PM

ZCash is probably hitting the lowest value since it's birth right now, today. Right now, I'm buying a lot of it as I'm predicting a good panic-buying for by tomorrow. The value, in my opinion, should get back up to almost 0.05 BTC till tomorrow.

It seems you were right, since today morning the price started to grow.
It is quite slow movement, but I think it is good, because we all know what usually happens to an altcoin when it gains its price too quickly.  Wink Grin

Probably, by the way, I have not heard much about that coin, but in the short term the price should fall even more, The miners they have to sell  to get max. profit while they can, well, that's what I think.

kumax

Activity: 182

🚀 🌏

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:01:53 PM

Probably, by the way, I have not heard much about that coin, but in the short term the price should fall even more, The miners they have to sell  to get max. profit while they can, well, that's what I think.

That may be true, because Zcash and Monero are the most popular coins to mine at the moment.
There is a high pressure on selling these coins, because miners usually don't hold the coins as an investment, they want their profit immeditely to cover electricity and hardware costs. Cool
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:25:03 PM

What was early investor price? I thought $15 but just heard $11.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Calangaman

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:44:17 PM

People seem to forget that it took a while for Monero and Ethereum to boom

ZEC is just a few months old, so let's wait for the market to be aware about it.

This said, I much prefer ZCL
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:48:09 PM

ZEC is just a few months old, so let's wait for the market to be aware about it.

You are correct here mate. Legit coin usually takes several months/years to be developed. People should be patient about it and should consider that it will take a lot of time for the dev team to deliver progress. This also applies to Zcash. Just plan for a long-term investment strat for Zcash and many people will benefit from it in the future.
RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:06:05 AM

The slow mine in the beginning was actually a genius marketing technique too. The price went over 1000 BTC. But then it slowly fell because it was vastly over valued.

Now it's starting to get to a point in which the real value is around. It's still too valuable to make nice profits. I hope it goes down a lot more. Miners have had profitable fun though, and it hurt the Ethereum mining a little. But just like Bitcoin it has a block reward halving every 4 years. So if you buy in 3 years and it's cheaper than right now I would say it's a good buy unless something interesting happens.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:41:44 AM

The slow mine in the beginning was actually a genius marketing technique too. The price went over 1000 BTC. But then it slowly fell because it was vastly over valued.
I wouldn't call what happened to the price "slow drop". it was pretty bad at the beginning and then slowed down.

Now it's starting to get to a point in which the real value is around.
the more time goes by and the more miners get their reward to dump on the market and show the supply and demand the more real the value gets. and it is getting to a point where the charts are starting to become more realistic making speculation a bit easier.
although it is always hard to speculate altcoins prices and say their real value!

Miners have had profitable fun though, and it hurt the Ethereum mining a little.
miners care only about profit. so they switch to the most profitable thing to mine.
if they find another altcoin that is giving them more profit tomorrow they switch to that one in a blinking of an eye. that is how they pay for their costs and earn bigger profit.

But just like Bitcoin it has a block reward halving every 4 years. So if you buy in 3 years and it's cheaper than right now I would say it's a good buy unless something interesting happens.
it doesn't matter what the price will be at that time. it can still rise because of the hype of the halving that always happens with coins like this that have  a rather big volume and users trading them.
it is simple hype because of the fact that everyone knows the reward (supply rate) is going to be decreased a lot.
and also the fact that bitcoin price has gone up twice in the past only 2 halving helps with this rise.

Only Bitcoin
Calangaman

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:20:22 AM

It was both a good marketing trick and a kiss of death for ZEC.
Miners won't like the idea of paying the tax for too long once they realize that ZCL is the same as ZEC without the tax component...
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:09:11 PM

What was early investor price? I thought $15 but just heard $11.

There were 2 rounds of investing. Maybe this is where you got confused. I forgot what was price. I think last was around $15. But first was I think more then only once cheaper.   
When you calculate $ price you always need to take it with reserve since many invest with Bitcoins and Bitcoin price was different when this 2 ICOs happen.
cdrking

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:11:30 PM

Yes zcash is still worth to invest with it, just look on its market cap.
Novize

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:27:43 PM

Shouldn't be ZCash (and as well as Ethereum) be more worth in the future than a Bitcoin or any other Altcoins as long as they don't get infected by ASIC miners?

I've had read a lot in the ZCash forums. One of the developers main goal is to keep away the ASIC miners from their platform ... nobody can say if this doesn't happen later but if not, shouldn't that give the currency a way more weight?
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:45:53 PM

Shouldn't be ZCash (and as well as Ethereum) be more worth in the future than a Bitcoin or any other Altcoins as long as they don't get infected by ASIC miners?

I've had read a lot in the ZCash forums. One of the developers main goal is to keep away the ASIC miners from their platform ... nobody can say if this doesn't happen later but if not, shouldn't that give the currency a way more weight?
If this is a better way, why Bitcoin devs have not yet seriously considered the possibility of migrating to something that allows gpu mining? I think there is still the risk of such devices being infected by botnets, but I believe there are more aspects related to this. Does anyone have any ideas?
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:08:34 PM

That is certainly true. It would only be a matter of time, when the ZCash protocol becomes improved, and increases in development and usage, for it to have a nice effect on the exchanges. While I'm not comfortable with the founder's reward, I think that ZEC has a lot of potential to become a widely used Zero Knowledge Proof cryptocurrency.

Still, other Zero Knowledge Proof coins may take the lead, if they provide better innovation, and usability among merchants, businesses, and individuals worldwide. I have invested into many coins that have adopted said technology, just in case one of them sparks in price, making me good returns.

Nevertheless, it would be quite surprising to see at least one dark market to accept ZEC or any other cryptocurrency of its kind. Just my thoughts.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:01:26 PM

I agree that Zcash is starting to look a bit more interesting at $30. Certainly much better than at $300 or $3000!
I will wait a while and see what happens, I have a feeling that we might see $20, but there will be some sort of bounce at some point.

I don't base that on the coin itself, just the price movement. For what it's worth, I also think LISK will be pumped at some point.
epitome

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:16:38 PM

I do not think that it is the best time to invest in Zcash as the price is declining and if you look at the graph it is not that good.It is a good coin to mine at the moment so that you could make a good money with it at the moment.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:30:33 PM

so has anyone actually found a use for zcash yet or is that a very dumb question to ask? enquiring minds deserve to know.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:32:38 PM

so has anyone actually found a use for zcash yet or is that a very dumb question to ask? enquiring minds deserve to know.

Bitcoin except when provable anonymity is needed.  And the decentralization of GPU/CPU vs ASICs.

Asking for a crypto "usage" is like asking for the reason of the dollar.  I mean - it just depends on what everyone else values it on the day you're ready to buy / sell it.  Not.  That.  Hard.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:34:29 PM

Bitcoin except when provable anonymity is needed.  And the decentralization of GPU/CPU vs ASICs.

Asking for a crypto "usage" is like asking for the reason of the dollar.  I mean - it just depends on what everyone else values it on the day you're ready to buy / sell it.  Not.  That.  Hard.

i know that's the claimed usage, but i'd like to see if there are any actual projects or vendors planning to make any use of it considering it has some heavyweight backers. what does it have that xmr don't?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: