Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Zcash worth to invest in it?  (Read 36128 times)
woas4

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:34:52 PM

I dont think zcash has any advantages over Monero.. In the future i don't see it holding much value because of that, i think only 1 coin for each niche might survive and/or thrive... But in the speculative market we are in right now, anything can fly. But be careful if you plan on holding it too long.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:15:53 AM

No more or less than any other coin from that period. I do not see anything that can make it some thing special, but there seems to be a following there. It was one of the first coins in that algo, but not the very first. There are others, and there are some that are outright copies that change only the name it seems. There is one of those out there right this second. So, really there is nothing that makes it stand out, but there are quite a few that have followed it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Momonga001

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:17:11 AM

Zcash is a good coin, but, have a inestable price
Hamliss

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:15:10 AM

Zcash is a good coin, but, have a inestable price

That is similar to other good coins such as Bitcoin Cash or the ETH.
Ni-in

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:02:18 PM

I do have hopes for Zcash, i like the anomimity, i bought a small bag with the sudden rise in price, when listed on Korean exchange.  Then a drop, so i'm holding right now, i have hopes for a pricerise, one decent coin in my opinion.
Casmalum

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:16:27 PM

I do have hopes for Zcash, i like the anomimity, i bought a small bag with the sudden rise in price, when listed on Korean exchange.  Then a drop, so i'm holding right now, i have hopes for a pricerise, one decent coin in my opinion.

I also hold the ZCash for the long time. I also mine it.
denysrodman

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:07:12 PM

Sapling Zcash release will reduce transaction times to < 5 seconds and memory use < 40 mb. 
Lindazz

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:47:51 AM

People often overlook the technology behind Zcash. Zero Knowledge Proofing technology is a great innovation. I think I can buy Zcash decisively. In the future, he will bring you good rewards. Tongue

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:59:04 AM

It seems that there are too many risks - at the moment the most common "backdoor" left in the code by  one of the developers - for example, by order of government, you can compromise the system in the future.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:25:57 AM

I dont think zcash has any advantages over Monero.. In the future i don't see it holding much value because of that, i think only 1 coin for each niche might survive and/or thrive... But in the speculative market we are in right now, anything can fly. But be careful if you plan on holding it too long.

Well both Zcash and Monero are good coins. Everyone's has their own opinion but if you ask me i like monero more than Zcash due to the fact i am already involved in trading with Monero and my friend is minnig Monero  profitably.
worldtraveller321

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 07:09:28 AM

at moment what would be the average return to mine a Zcash?

profit or return $ if one were to do this as of Nov 24 2017? thanks

worldtraveller
Tone147

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:19:35 AM

Zcash is a technical currency worth investing. I invested about 10% of my assets on Zcash, and I hope it will give me a good return in 2 years. Roll Eyes

worldtraveller321

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 08:28:07 AM

what would be a good safe site to buy zcash from?

worldtraveller
Hamliss

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:30:09 AM

what would be a good safe site to buy zcash from?

Poloniex or Bittrex.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:32:46 PM

As I do see it Zcash is one of the best cryptocurrencies to invest into. It has all chances to rise very high. Moreover, it is the best crypto for mining. If you have cool hardware for doing it, mine Zcash exactly.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:53:23 PM

zcash is a good coin to invest but i prefer more anonymous coin which is monero.

rasho321

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:27:13 PM

Long story short:
 Zcash is currently a really good store of value with more upside potential than BTC.  But the HUSH near-exact clone of ZEC is moving faster and is at only 0.6% the value of ZEC. So it has huge upside potential. The jumps will occur when it gets on a bigger exchange and when the windows wallet and anonymous GUI messenger are released, not to mention XCAT, Counterparty financing, and EVM.  The developer reward was 0.5% instead of Zcash's 20%.  It's currently only on Cryptopia. Things that are hard to reach are the ones that are more likely to be undervalued.

Concerning the trusted multi-party setup and auditing total coins mined
You can tell a ZEC-basher (aka a Monero fan) is not being honest if he criticizes the multi-party setup without mentioning the video-recorded simultaneous sessions only required 1 person out of all those involved to be honest in order for it to be secure.  The only thing ZEC bashers are honest about is that the coin quantity can't be checked (which is directly connected to why no one can know how many coins were transferred) and that zk-snarks is new (which is directly connected to why ZEC and its clones are the only provably anonymous coins). 

Comparison to Monero:
If you check with experts, you'll see the anonymity of Zcash is "perfect" as far as anyone can tell, and Monero anonymity is known to be imperfect.  Monero fans are really deceitful about this so don't believe the comparison images floating around.  You can also check the devs and researchers involved and there's no comparison. The pedigree and adherence to Satoshi's vision makes Zcash stand above Monero, Dash, and Ethereum.  Zcash is second to LTC in Satoshi orthodoxy.  Monero mixing is not secure, at least if you're talking about wanting your movements to be unknown to governments. PoS has deep problems no one has been able to resolve in a provable way.  A lot of alphabay people who used Monero are potentially now in trouble. The names I trust talk about BTC, LTC, and ZEC.  There is a reason wikileaks accepts Zcash but not Monero: they want donors to have protection against governments, not just psuedo-anonymity like Monero.

Comparison to HUSH, Zclassic, and ZenCash:
Zcash may find it difficult to go abve 0.15 BTC, so doubling from here is kind of a limit.  An alternative is HUSH clone of Zcash, soon to be with private messaging.  HUSH recently acquired the dev who developed the Zcash windows wallet and port it to Mac, among other things.  There's ZEN and ZCL clones, but I withdrew from them because of weirdness and instability in the devs.   some were saying the switch from ZCL to ZEN was an insider money-grab, evidenced by the immediate split in the devs after the fork, one going back to ZCL.  So an insider would get ZCL at a low price based on knowing a split was coming, then as ZEN came out and ZCL crashed, an insider could cash out of ZEN and buy up ZCL at the low price again, then go back to supporting ZCL.  Whatever the situation, any good dev(s) involved was/were getting tricked into supporting a bad dev(s) which shows a lack of ability in making good choices. So I cashed out of ZCL/ZEN and went to HUSH (on cryptopia only right now with small volume, so it's hard to acquire more than 1 BTC without driving it up, both of which is actually a good sign for upside potential). 
DamnationKiss

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:10:59 PM

See individuals are attempting to make money via trading since they're very serious about buying and selling. Many people don't know about buying and selling and they would like to learn how to industry because people are making through trading. For me personally always buying and selling is not the game or another factor I am very serious about when I am trading.
Sheckley

Activity: 279
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:02:36 AM

Long story short:
 Zcash is currently a really good store of value with more upside potential than BTC.  But the HUSH near-exact clone of ZEC is moving faster and is at only 0.6% the value of ZEC. So it has huge upside potential. The jumps will occur when it gets on a bigger exchange and when the windows wallet and anonymous GUI messenger are released, not to mention XCAT, Counterparty financing, and EVM.  The developer reward was 0.5% instead of Zcash's 20%.  It's currently only on Cryptopia. Things that are hard to reach are the ones that are more likely to be undervalued.

Concerning the trusted multi-party setup and auditing total coins mined
You can tell a ZEC-basher (aka a Monero fan) is not being honest if he criticizes the multi-party setup without mentioning the video-recorded simultaneous sessions only required 1 person out of all those involved to be honest in order for it to be secure.  The only thing ZEC bashers are honest about is that the coin quantity can't be checked (which is directly connected to why no one can know how many coins were transferred) and that zk-snarks is new (which is directly connected to why ZEC and its clones are the only provably anonymous coins). 

Comparison to Monero:
If you check with experts, you'll see the anonymity of Zcash is "perfect" as far as anyone can tell, and Monero anonymity is known to be imperfect.  Monero fans are really deceitful about this so don't believe the comparison images floating around.  You can also check the devs and researchers involved and there's no comparison. The pedigree and adherence to Satoshi's vision makes Zcash stand above Monero, Dash, and Ethereum.  Zcash is second to LTC in Satoshi orthodoxy.  Monero mixing is not secure, at least if you're talking about wanting your movements to be unknown to governments. PoS has deep problems no one has been able to resolve in a provable way.  A lot of alphabay people who used Monero are potentially now in trouble. The names I trust talk about BTC, LTC, and ZEC.  There is a reason wikileaks accepts Zcash but not Monero: they want donors to have protection against governments, not just psuedo-anonymity like Monero.

Comparison to HUSH, Zclassic, and ZenCash:
Zcash may find it difficult to go abve 0.15 BTC, so doubling from here is kind of a limit.  An alternative is HUSH clone of Zcash, soon to be with private messaging.  HUSH recently acquired the dev who developed the Zcash windows wallet and port it to Mac, among other things.  There's ZEN and ZCL clones, but I withdrew from them because of weirdness and instability in the devs.   some were saying the switch from ZCL to ZEN was an insider money-grab, evidenced by the immediate split in the devs after the fork, one going back to ZCL.  So an insider would get ZCL at a low price based on knowing a split was coming, then as ZEN came out and ZCL crashed, an insider could cash out of ZEN and buy up ZCL at the low price again, then go back to supporting ZCL.  Whatever the situation, any good dev(s) involved was/were getting tricked into supporting a bad dev(s) which shows a lack of ability in making good choices. So I cashed out of ZCL/ZEN and went to HUSH (on cryptopia only right now with small volume, so it's hard to acquire more than 1 BTC without driving it up, both of which is actually a good sign for upside potential). 

Thank you for this excellent explanation. One of the best I've seen so far about anonimity coins. I will now change my actions because of this. Smiley

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Anniee123

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:40:13 AM

Zcash is  in my opinion, a pretty good coin right now, but very few people noticed how powerful the technology behind him was and I bought a part of Zcash, and I believe there will be enough payback in the future

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: