Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:55:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:02:27 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 05:16:05 PM by Bitcoinorama

Bitcoinorama, I have been asking a very simple question for more than a week now. Did they order the chips and do we have an ETA confirmed by the fab? No tricky questions that can reveal technical stuff that can fuel their competitors. Really, that's the most important thing I want to know, you will see that I've not been asking anything else lately. As soon as they tell me "the chips will arrive *this or that week*", I will keep quite until then - I can guarantee you that.

Ok, so if they answer a week later, as promised, what is the problem??

I bunched your q with other techie q's so as not to have a mass of emails, so with all due respect, your q now holds as much significance and priority as all the other q's I emailed it along with. Not your fault (aside from the fact you raised your concerns here on the forum, instead of via direct email), or KnC's fault, but my fault as that's the way i have chosen to ask, for assumed simplicity.

You have been vocal with this question here, on the forum, for everyone to see, but they don't glue themselves to the forum, they have a lot of work on, why not email Sam yourself? If you haven't and then choose to voice disdain out of impatience here it's pointless, unnecessarily damaging and a waste of your own time and effort. It takes less time to fire an email direct, and get an answer from the proverbial horses mouth, then post it here, hope for them to read the post before it gets washed away with other posts by people not willing to read to get their answers, and answer a post here, which they won't. They only post updates here.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:07:27 PM

After review & answers to many questions, we have understood that had direct contact with KNC.

robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:38:07 PM

They have so much work. They can not answer such and insignificant and irrelevant question. Btw it is a question that's uninteresting for every pre-order customer. So it's not worth the time to answer.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:39:24 PM

Bitcoinorama is about to go to his bank and get a roll of quarters to hand out...

It seems there is only one question people have now and it is if the chip order has been officially placed and what time frame... Hopefully they answer that in their next update

Even if it is a simple yes, and we'll give details soon would be fine

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
titomane

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:51:21 PM

They have so much work. They can not answer such and insignificant and irrelevant question. Btw it is a question that's uninteresting for every pre-order customer. So it's not worth the time to answer.

Are you in any way ironic?
The order and delivery of the chips indicate the date of delivery of the devices.
You think it's an irrelevant question?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:52:28 PM

Bitcoinorama is about to go to his bank and get a roll of quarters to hand out...

It seems there is only one question people have now and it is if the chip order has been officially placed and what time frame... Hopefully they answer that in their next update

Even if it is a simple yes, and we'll give details soon would be fine

Haha, 'yes' then, the clues are in the threads, no need for quarters! Tongue

Please don't turn me into a BFL_Josh, I'm very patient, I'm just asking others are patient too, I mean reasonably patient, beyond that of course kick up a fuss, but it's been two weeks today, since the open day, and last week they have said they will answer this question and provide a specs update this week. Seeing as it's only Monday...the first day of the working week, I think Ramp's jumping the gun a bit. Come Friday, if no update, kick up a fuss, sure, but let's keep it civilised. KnC have done no wrong yet. Chill.

robix

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:02:57 PM

The order and delivery of the chips indicate the date of delivery of the devices.
Hey bro, it was ironic. This matter reminds me of the silence of another miner manufacturer.
titomane

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:07:54 PM

Hey bro, it was ironic. This matter reminds me of the silence of another miner manufacturer.

Ok Grin. Sorry, But they didn't silence, they publish news every week

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:08:25 PM

There is no frickin' silence it's been 2 weeks since their last update of relevance to customers, and less than one week since they said they would promise an update 'next week', which is this week, of which we are in Monday, the first day of the working week, this week!

Personally I for one would prefer they work, than update you here every day in case you start to freak out, out of impatience.

If you are that insecure either email Sam direct, visit them in person, or get a refund because 3 months is going to seem like an eternity for you, if a week is problematic for your nervous disposition.

You've cumulatively dedicated two pages of this thread to a question you haven't even asked them, then are pissed you haven't got a response. Madness...

robix

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:18:21 PM

You've cumulatively dedicated two pages of this thread to a question you haven't even asked them, then are pissed you haven't got a response. Madness...
Don't they look into their own thread?
keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:26:20 PM

There is no frickin' silence it's been 2 weeks since their last update of relevance to customers, and less than one week since they said they would promise an update 'next week', which is this week, of which we are in Monday, the first day of the working week, this week!

Personally I for one would prefer they work, than update you here every day in case you start to freak out, out of impatience.

If you are that insecure either email Sam direct, visit them in person, or get a refund because 3 months is going to seem like an eternity for you, if a week is problematic for your nervous disposition.

This isnt madness....   THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldnt help it bro  Tongue

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:29:22 PM

Rarely, they skim it, but they have openly said they have no interest in being involved with forum nonsense after observing the exploits surrounding competitors and trolls, and who can blame them. Titomane knows this first hand because we spoke about it at great length during the openday.

They've never ignored emails as far as I'm aware, unless they have something more important on, which is understandable, but there is absolutely no excuse to whinge about issues and lack of response when you haven't even taken it up directly with them. I mean sometimes it reads like watching insecure women (or guys with no confidence) complain about what their significant other, or love interest, is thinking about without sucking up the courage to ask them direct, it's exhausting and needless...

flowdab

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:05:50 PM

Rarely, they skim it, but they have openly said they have no interest in being involved with forum nonsense after observing the exploits surrounding competitors and trolls, and who can blame them. Titomane knows this first hand because we spoke about it at great length during the openday.

They've never ignored emails as far as I'm aware, unless they have something more important on, which is understandable, but there is absolutely no excuse to whinge about issues and lack of response when you haven't even taken it up directly with them. I mean sometimes it reads like watching insecure women (or guys with no confidence) complain about what their significant other, or love interest, is thinking about without sucking up the courage to ask them direct, it's exhausting and needless...

Thanks for all you've done and continue to do. I think you should do yourself, and your blood pressure, a favor by not being bothered by people who refuse to listen to what you are saying.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:10:33 PM

Thanks for all you've done and continue to do. I think you should do yourself, and your blood pressure, a favor by not being bothered by people who refuse to listen to what you are saying.

Mate I'm cool as a cucumber, potentially more so for going in person. I appreactiate doubt plays on the mind, but it blows out if proportion when other people chose to side with an opinion without reading for themselves.

I also want to hear the chip order has been made, obviously I do, Rampion et al. are not alone in those concerns. I just don't doubt it has, and we'll know for sure over the next few days. Peace...Cool

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:18:23 PM

Mate I'm cool as a cucumber, potentially more so for going in person. I appreactiate doubt plays on the mind, but it blows out if proportion when other people chose to side with an opinion without reading for themselves.
I also want to hear the chip order has been made, obviously I do, Rampion et al. are not alone in those concerns. I just don't doubt it has, and we'll know for sure over the next few days. Peace...Cool
Sorry if I am just too ignorant but how could they have ordered chips if they have just completed the design and have not even been on a shuttle yet and just pummeled the bitcoin market selling all the pre-order btc to get enough fiat to even pay for the mask?   They do not have a mask yet and likely won't for months.   Does this seem like trolling to point this out?   

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:22:22 PM

Sorry if I am just too ignorant but how could they have ordered chips if they have just completed the design and have not even been on a shuttle yet and just pummeled the bitcoin market selling all the pre-order btc to get enough fiat to even pay for the mask?   They do not have a mask yet and likely won't for months.   Does this seem like trolling to point this out?  

Almost all pre-orders were in USD via Paypal, there was practically no BTC to convert, and those that did choose to pay with BTC did so via Bitpay, which automatically changes it to USD. No one pummelled the Bitcoin market from KnC. That's more likely to be ASICminer, who control 1/4 of the network, relinquishing coins.

Final design and all virtual testing of design integrity was complete before the open-day. It was already in the hands of the two competing foundries. They were awaiting confirmation on which foundry was willing to offer what, and at what cost. In essence the foundries were pitching to them, a natural practice in any business environment, just with less time to act in this case...

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:16:19 PM

Almost all pre-orders were in USD via Paypal, there was practically no BTC to convert, and those that did choose to pay with BTC did so via Bitpay, which automatically changes it to USD. No one pummelled the Bitcoin market from KnC. That's more likely to be ASICminer, who control 1/4 of the network, relinquishing coins.

I agree about ASICminer but does BitPay auto-magically changes it to USD?  as in no selling on the exchanges?    It is an indirect slam on btc if someone sells a lot of orders via bitpay and then bitpay has to churn it

I doubt bitpay is churning it on the fly, they probably have a slush account and try to sell best they can..  so if anyone knows their schedule it would be some simple frontrunning to sell then buy back

follow the money/bits

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:22:03 PM

I agree about ASICminer but does BitPay auto-magically changes it to USD?  as in no selling on the exchanges?    It is an indirect slam on btc if someone sells a lot of orders via bitpay and then bitpay has to churn it

I doubt bitpay is churning it on the fly, they probably have a slush account and try to sell best they can..  so if anyone knows their schedule it would be some simple frontrunning to sell then buy back

follow the money/bits

All I know is they use a market rate which is a spread from across exchanges excluding Mt. Gox (as Mt.Gox charges more dollars per Bitcoin), that indicates Bitpay probably has a slush account I guess.

From their site;

"To calculate the exchange rate for US Dollars, we pull up-to-the-minute BID prices from three exchanges. We take the 2 that are closest together and toss out the third, so that a bad feed from one exchange will not affect our calculation. Of the 2 rates that remain, Bit-Pay uses the highest BID price as our exchange rate."

From their news I read last week;

bitpay.com / Thursday, June 20, 2013

"Update on BitPay Exchange Rate Calculations

Effective immediately, BitPay has temporarily stopped using Mt. Gox for determining the exchange rate for our invoices.

The rate calculation that BitPay uses for each invoice is now as follows:

1.  Pull the full Level II market depth, on the bid side, from multiple exchanges.

2.  Merge the market depths into one Consolidated Level II table.

3.  Calculate the blended clearing price for the amount of the invoice, assuming an auto-routing market sell order across all exchanges, with zero commission.

BitPay is committed to offering the fairest possible rate to the buyer, while minimizing our counterparty risk."

Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 10:51:26 PM

PayPal = 45 days = no good news = cancel order...

Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:54:56 PM

dumb comment= useless post= wasted time.

no, seriously, stop that.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: